Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

When are you planning to apply?

Poll ended at Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:01 pm

September 15, 00.01 AM
3
10%
September
5
17%
October
18
60%
November
2
7%
December
1
3%
January
1
3%
February
0
No votes
March or after
0
No votes
Wait... You have to apply to get in?
0
No votes
I was planning to apply around Nov-Dec, when my app will be perfect, but I will actually apply as soon as the first one here will post his admission, with an incomplete application, rushing the personal statement and forgetting the addenda I prepared carefully in advance.
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 30

User avatar
mwells56
Posts: 513
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:08 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby mwells56 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:25 pm

I'm sure this has been answered a few times already but what's the process for scholarship information?

jkander31
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:49 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby jkander31 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:27 pm

mwells56 wrote:I'm sure this has been answered a few times already but what's the process for scholarship information?



+1 I'd like to know too.

User avatar
mwells56
Posts: 513
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:08 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby mwells56 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:30 am

jkander31 wrote:
mwells56 wrote:I'm sure this has been answered a few times already but what's the process for scholarship information?



+1 I'd like to know too.


Did some digging and it looks like the deal is they may/may not email you in February to ask how much it'll take to get you there then they'll send out waves in March.

Unrelated, did anybody else get an extra, handwritten note from Dean Cornblatt at the end of their letter? Mine did and he said that my interviewer said great things about me. Made me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside. :D :D

jkander31
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:49 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby jkander31 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:24 am

mwells56 wrote:
jkander31 wrote:
mwells56 wrote:I'm sure this has been answered a few times already but what's the process for scholarship information?



+1 I'd like to know too.


Did some digging and it looks like the deal is they may/may not email you in February to ask how much it'll take to get you there then they'll send out waves in March.

Unrelated, did anybody else get an extra, handwritten note from Dean Cornblatt at the end of their letter? Mine did and he said that my interviewer said great things about me. Made me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside. :D :D


Me too! It was personalized and commented on the humor of my Top Ten list. It made me feel important.

usersomethingname
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:06 am

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby usersomethingname » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:59 am

I got a personalized note as well, but, honestly, I suspect that the other admissions officers aid him in writing the personalized notes by saying, "comment on his video or top ten" but maybe I'm just being cynical after finding out that the President of my current school has a person that goes to all of his important events and tells him info about the people in the room (e.g psst. Mr Sam's son, Sam jr., just graduated from college and they have a golden retriever named Scruffy) so they can donate more $$, but hey what do I know?
jkander31 wrote:
mwells56 wrote:
jkander31 wrote:
mwells56 wrote:I'm sure this has been answered a few times already but what's the process for scholarship information?



+1 I'd like to know too.


Did some digging and it looks like the deal is they may/may not email you in February to ask how much it'll take to get you there then they'll send out waves in March.

Unrelated, did anybody else get an extra, handwritten note from Dean Cornblatt at the end of their letter? Mine did and he said that my interviewer said great things about me. Made me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside. :D :D


Me too! It was personalized and commented on the humor of my Top Ten list. It made me feel important.

User avatar
mwells56
Posts: 513
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:08 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby mwells56 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:10 pm

Got access to Admitted Students Website today! Letter dated 12/18

sehguh94
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:46 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby sehguh94 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:20 pm

mwells56 wrote:Got access to Admitted Students Website today! Letter dated 12/18

did you just check it and it worked, or did you get an email or something?

User avatar
mwells56
Posts: 513
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:08 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby mwells56 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:22 pm

sehguh94 wrote:
mwells56 wrote:Got access to Admitted Students Website today! Letter dated 12/18

did you just check it and it worked, or did you get an email or something?


No email or any other notification, I just put my stuff in and it finally worked.

I sent them an email last night asking when I could expect to gain access but they never emailed me back or anything like that.

lawlawlawzz
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:30 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby lawlawlawzz » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:26 pm

Anyone know if they're putting together a "special preferred waitlist" this year? The "preferred waitlist" email mentions the existence of the "waitlist," but I've heard that they've also had an SPWL in the past that's been more of a secret.

surfingwithgators
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:23 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby surfingwithgators » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:21 am

lawlawlawzz wrote:Anyone know if they're putting together a "special preferred waitlist" this year? The "preferred waitlist" email mentions the existence of the "waitlist," but I've heard that they've also had an SPWL in the past that's been more of a secret.

Not sure if this is the "preferred waitlist", but I got an email saying that they are putting my app on hold and will review it again in a few weeks

usersomethingname
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:06 am

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby usersomethingname » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:41 am

I was able to log into the admitted students page, but I can't find how to get GU Net ID.

Teacher
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:05 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby Teacher » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:37 pm

Just got an interview request!

User avatar
Mikey
Posts: 8004
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby Mikey » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:39 pm

Teacher wrote:Just got an interview request!

Nice, when did you submit?

Teacher
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:05 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby Teacher » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:43 pm

Mikey wrote:
Teacher wrote:Just got an interview request!

Nice, when did you submit?



December 17th!

User avatar
Mikey
Posts: 8004
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby Mikey » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:45 pm

Teacher wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Teacher wrote:Just got an interview request!

Nice, when did you submit?



December 17th!

Oh ok thanks! Good luck with yours!! :)

Hoping to hear something from them soon!

User avatar
mistakepluskeleven
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:56 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby mistakepluskeleven » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:54 pm

Has anyone who interviewed 12/18 or later heard back yet? Cornblatt said we'd hear within 2-3 weeks (with a twinkle in his eye) but I could've been hallucinating

ChiCityLove
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:28 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby ChiCityLove » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:05 pm

mistakepluskeleven wrote:Has anyone who interviewed 12/18 or later heard back yet? Cornblatt said we'd hear within 2-3 weeks (with a twinkle in his eye) but I could've been hallucinating


I was 12/18 and I heard back-- snail mail.

User avatar
TheKingLives
Posts: 124
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:37 am

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby TheKingLives » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:23 pm

.
Last edited by TheKingLives on Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Teacher
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:05 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby Teacher » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:25 pm

Mikey wrote:
Teacher wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Teacher wrote:Just got an interview request!

Nice, when did you submit?



December 17th!

Oh ok thanks! Good luck with yours!! :)

Hoping to hear something from them soon!


Thank you! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that you hear back soon! When did you submit?

User avatar
mistakepluskeleven
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:56 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby mistakepluskeleven » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:35 pm

ChiCityLove wrote:
mistakepluskeleven wrote:Has anyone who interviewed 12/18 or later heard back yet? Cornblatt said we'd hear within 2-3 weeks (with a twinkle in his eye) but I could've been hallucinating


I was 12/18 and I heard back-- snail mail.


Congrats! My mail has been late in the past so I'm going to choose to believe that's the case lol

User avatar
mistakepluskeleven
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:56 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby mistakepluskeleven » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:39 pm

TheKingLives wrote:
mistakepluskeleven wrote:Has anyone who interviewed 12/18 or later heard back yet? Cornblatt said we'd hear within 2-3 weeks (with a twinkle in his eye) but I could've been hallucinating

I interviewed 12/21 and haven’t heard back yet—will update when I do.


Thanks! Godspeed USPS

User avatar
Mikey
Posts: 8004
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby Mikey » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:43 pm

Teacher wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Teacher wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Teacher wrote:Just got an interview request!

Nice, when did you submit?



December 17th!

Oh ok thanks! Good luck with yours!! :)

Hoping to hear something from them soon!


Thank you! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that you hear back soon! When did you submit?

only a few days after you, so hopefully I hear something soon! what does your status checker say?

legalbeegul
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:24 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby legalbeegul » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:01 pm

ChiCityLove wrote:
mistakepluskeleven wrote:Has anyone who interviewed 12/18 or later heard back yet? Cornblatt said we'd hear within 2-3 weeks (with a twinkle in his eye) but I could've been hallucinating


I was 12/18 and I heard back-- snail mail.


I was also 12/18 but have heard nothing. If past iterations are any indication, looks like we might be looking at a waitlist...ChiCityLove are you able to log into the ASW?

User avatar
fastfretxfingers
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:23 am

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby fastfretxfingers » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:06 pm

Just got an email saying that I was placed on a waiting list. It also mentioned they carry a preferred waitlist, and that I should go with god and enroll elsewhere.

tony_dirko
Posts: 54
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:49 am

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby tony_dirko » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:07 pm

fastfretxfingers wrote:Just got an email saying that I was placed on a waiting list. It also mentioned they carry a preferred waitlist, and that I should go with god and enroll elsewhere.


When did you submit/did you interview?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”