Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

When are you planning to apply?

Poll ended at Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:01 pm

September 15, 00.01 AM
3
10%
September
5
17%
October
18
60%
November
2
7%
December
1
3%
January
1
3%
February
0
No votes
March or after
0
No votes
Wait... You have to apply to get in?
0
No votes
I was planning to apply around Nov-Dec, when my app will be perfect, but I will actually apply as soon as the first one here will post his admission, with an incomplete application, rushing the personal statement and forgetting the addenda I prepared carefully in advance.
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 30

User avatar
soca_dancer

Bronze
Posts: 178
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:13 am

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby soca_dancer » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:02 am

usaorbust wrote:IN! First acceptance of the cycle and so excited!

Group Interview 10/27
Complete 11/3
Postmarked 11/22


Congrats!!

User avatar
PostNihilist

Bronze
Posts: 120
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:17 am

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby PostNihilist » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:40 am

Congrats to everyone that got in today!

User avatar
TheKingLives

Bronze
Posts: 131
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:37 am

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby TheKingLives » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:07 am

.
Last edited by TheKingLives on Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Bush v. Gorgeous

Bronze
Posts: 270
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:37 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby Bush v. Gorgeous » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:23 am

Likewise congrats to all! You must be so excited. Realllllly hoping I get to join you soon...

User avatar
Bush v. Gorgeous

Bronze
Posts: 270
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:37 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby Bush v. Gorgeous » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:24 am

Also, at my group interview Dean Cornblatt said they think they might break 10,000 applicants this year due to the Trump bump. So seriously, you should all be so proud of yourselves. Back pat time.

bbwannabe

New
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:40 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby bbwannabe » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:50 am

.
Last edited by bbwannabe on Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

38981928

Bronze
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:53 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby 38981928 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:12 am

Congratulations to everyone! For those who got accepted, did you receive any follow up information via email or something? I've been having continuous problems with the mail in my building (I'm getting mail addressed to other units, other people are getting my mail marked for my unit and just putting it in the outbox to return to sender). Not sure if I should get a PO box or ask the post office to hold my mail or something.

User avatar
wannabegenius

Bronze
Posts: 208
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:11 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby wannabegenius » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:54 pm

bbwannabe wrote:
Bush v. Gorgeous wrote:Also, at my group interview Dean Cornblatt said they think they might break 10,000 applicants this year due to the Trump bump. So seriously, you should all be so proud of yourselves. Back pat time.


it was 9,862 applicants last cycle so 10,000 applicants doesn't sound that outrageous... but still that makes me so nervous ! cry ... :shock: :shock: :?


+1

User avatar
sharris2017

New
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:40 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby sharris2017 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:47 pm

In.

MonicaYoung_LOL

Bronze
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:04 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby MonicaYoung_LOL » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:50 pm

sharris2017 wrote:In.


In as well! Got my letter today. Post-marked 11/20. I completed a group interview on 11/13.

Congratulations to you!

User avatar
gmenold

New
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:36 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby gmenold » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:57 pm

MonicaYoung_LOL wrote:
sharris2017 wrote:In.


In as well! Got my letter today. Post-marked 11/20. I completed a group interview on 11/13.

Congratulations to you!


Congrats! I'm hoping to get a letter soon. I interviewed on the same day, maybe we were in the same one.

lawlawlawzz

New
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:30 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby lawlawlawzz » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:05 pm

MonicaYoung_LOL wrote:
sharris2017 wrote:In.


In as well! Got my letter today. Post-marked 11/20. I completed a group interview on 11/13.

Congratulations to you!



Congrats! Mind sharing when you submitted?

MonicaYoung_LOL

Bronze
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:04 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby MonicaYoung_LOL » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:39 pm

lawlawlawzz wrote:
MonicaYoung_LOL wrote:
sharris2017 wrote:In.


In as well! Got my letter today. Post-marked 11/20. I completed a group interview on 11/13.

Congratulations to you!



Congrats! Mind sharing when you submitted?


I'm pretty sure I submitted on or around October 16th, 17th! And thank you!

User avatar
urmlaw17

Bronze
Posts: 284
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:25 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby urmlaw17 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:43 pm

Any advice for those that are interviewing with alumni?

My interview is next week and I am going to prepare a Why Georgetown and Why Law School response.

What else should I expect?

lawlawlawzz

New
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:30 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby lawlawlawzz » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:53 pm

urmlaw17 wrote:Any advice for those that are interviewing with alumni?

My interview is next week and I am going to prepare a Why Georgetown and Why Law School response.

What else should I expect?


I think that it varies a bit interviewer to interviewer... Mine definitely hit the "why" questions; those seem to be requested by Admissions. Other than that, I've heard lots of folks mention resume questions, undergrad questions, etc... After my "why" questions my interviewer kind of opened it up for me to question her about the institution. We talked quite a bit about her experiences. I would certainly be prepared to talk about yourself, but I would also ensure that you've got some good discussion questions for your interviewer, too. Mine seemed almost more interested in selling the school to me than in gauging my fit for the school.

User avatar
urmlaw17

Bronze
Posts: 284
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:25 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby urmlaw17 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:59 pm

lawlawlawzz wrote:
urmlaw17 wrote:Any advice for those that are interviewing with alumni?

My interview is next week and I am going to prepare a Why Georgetown and Why Law School response.

What else should I expect?


I think that it varies a bit interviewer to interviewer... Mine definitely hit the "why" questions; those seem to be requested by Admissions. Other than that, I've heard lots of folks mention resume questions, undergrad questions, etc... After my "why" questions my interviewer kind of opened it up for me to question her about the institution. We talked quite a bit about her experiences. I would certainly be prepared to talk about yourself, but I would also ensure that you've got some good discussion questions for your interviewer, too. Mine seemed almost more interested in selling the school to me than in gauging my fit for the school.



Thank you for your input.

Why do you think they are trying to sell the school to us? It's Georgetown!

Great! I will make sure to have good responses to Why Georgetown and Why Law school. After those questions, it seems that the questions coming up are made at random. I think I am an okay interviewer and will be able to give good responses to any follow up questions.

Yes! Thanks for reminding me to make a list of questions I can ask the interviewer. I hope those grow organically. .

cwasser3

Bronze
Posts: 105
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:44 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby cwasser3 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:00 pm

38981928 wrote:Congratulations to everyone! For those who got accepted, did you receive any follow up information via email or something? I've been having continuous problems with the mail in my building (I'm getting mail addressed to other units, other people are getting my mail marked for my unit and just putting it in the outbox to return to sender). Not sure if I should get a PO box or ask the post office to hold my mail or something.


I haven't heard anything since getting the letter at the start of the month.

38981928

Bronze
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:53 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby 38981928 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:04 pm

cwasser3 wrote:
38981928 wrote:Congratulations to everyone! For those who got accepted, did you receive any follow up information via email or something? I've been having continuous problems with the mail in my building (I'm getting mail addressed to other units, other people are getting my mail marked for my unit and just putting it in the outbox to return to sender). Not sure if I should get a PO box or ask the post office to hold my mail or something.


I haven't heard anything since getting the letter at the start of the month.


Hmm might have to ask the post office to hold my mail for me then, at least for my peace of mind! Thank you!

lawlawlawzz

New
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:30 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby lawlawlawzz » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:08 pm

urmlaw17 wrote:
lawlawlawzz wrote:
urmlaw17 wrote:Any advice for those that are interviewing with alumni?

My interview is next week and I am going to prepare a Why Georgetown and Why Law School response.

What else should I expect?


I think that it varies a bit interviewer to interviewer... Mine definitely hit the "why" questions; those seem to be requested by Admissions. Other than that, I've heard lots of folks mention resume questions, undergrad questions, etc... After my "why" questions my interviewer kind of opened it up for me to question her about the institution. We talked quite a bit about her experiences. I would certainly be prepared to talk about yourself, but I would also ensure that you've got some good discussion questions for your interviewer, too. Mine seemed almost more interested in selling the school to me than in gauging my fit for the school.



Thank you for your input.

Why do you think they are trying to sell the school to us? It's Georgetown!

Great! I will make sure to have good responses to Why Georgetown and Why Law school. After those questions, it seems that the questions coming up are made at random. I think I am an okay interviewer and will be able to give good responses to any follow up questions.

Yes! Thanks for reminding me to make a list of questions I can ask the interviewer. I hope those grow organically. .


Well, I do not believe that our interviewers are provided with our numbers.. Who knows, maybe my interviewer was unsure as to whether I was a lock for much of the T14, or more of a fringe candidate applying to GULC as a reach... I think that a partial goal of the interview process is to plug the school a tiny bit, just in case.

Honestly, in addition to that, I think that my interviewer was just a really down-to-earth person. She was humble. She wasn't going to walk into this interview acting like some big-shot Georgetown grad. That could be really off-putting for a prospective student, and it wouldn't be a good face for her or for the institution...

Yes! The questions do tend to grow organically. My interviewer's area of concentration aligned with my own interests which allowed for a nice flow discussing relevant clinics, journals, courses, professors, etc.

User avatar
wannabegenius

Bronze
Posts: 208
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:11 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby wannabegenius » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:09 pm

Congrats to all you new admits! Interviewed 11/1 and went complete around the end of October so waiting for any sign at all.

patttt

Silver
Posts: 516
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:45 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby patttt » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:43 am

.
Last edited by patttt on Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aheimz

New
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:24 am

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby aheimz » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:20 pm

Anyone else who interviewed around 11/7 freaking out?! I’m kinda accepting that if i don’t get anything this week I’m probably not getting in :/

DonaldTrump

New
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:45 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby DonaldTrump » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:10 pm

aheimz wrote:Anyone else who interviewed around 11/7 freaking out?! I’m kinda accepting that if i don’t get anything this week I’m probably not getting in :/



I interviewed with an alum on 11/7 and haven't heard back yet. I'm gonna give it one more week before accepting defeat.

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby Mikey » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:12 pm

DonaldTrump wrote:
aheimz wrote:Anyone else who interviewed around 11/7 freaking out?! I’m kinda accepting that if i don’t get anything this week I’m probably not getting in :/



I interviewed with an alum on 11/7 and haven't heard back yet. I'm gonna give it one more week before accepting defeat.

I see you're trying to go to the same law school as your daughter, huh?

aheimz

New
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:24 am

Re: Georgetown University Law c/o 2021 Applicants (2017/2018)

Postby aheimz » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:15 pm

DonaldTrump wrote:
aheimz wrote:Anyone else who interviewed around 11/7 freaking out?! I’m kinda accepting that if i don’t get anything this week I’m probably not getting in :/



I interviewed with an alum on 11/7 and haven't heard back yet. I'm gonna give it one more week before accepting defeat.


Yea i think if there’s nothing by next Tuesday, I’ll just have to get over it. Here’s hoping to some good news in our mailboxes soon!



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests