TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What is your ideal realistic outcome?

Y/S/H
86
22%
T10 named full scholarship
53
14%
Sub-T10 full
51
13%
T10 partial scholarship
120
31%
Sub-T10 partial scholarship
61
16%
retake (aka sub-T10 partial scholarship)
18
5%
 
Total votes: 389

User avatar
littlewing67
Posts: 736
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:08 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby littlewing67 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:52 pm

omg im cringing - I missed two errors in my diversity statement that I pretty much sent to all schools :cry: hopefully they are reading it so fast their brain doesn't pick them up

User avatar
rowdy
Posts: 457
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 1:16 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby rowdy » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:17 pm

At this point in the cycle it looks like I'll end up choosing between sticker at T14 or 80-90% scholarship to the TTT in my current town.

[+] Spoiler
Image

User avatar
sabraph
Posts: 152
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:55 am

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby sabraph » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:27 pm

OK Sept LSAT score was below my PT average and Dec somehow managed to go down from Sept score. I applied to UWash, W&M, W&L, BU, BC, Fordham, Notre Dame with the 164. Retaking in February, and I'm really confident with proper prep/more PTs I can improve from Sept which should at least help with scholarships. Applied to Georgetown, GW, Vanderbilt, Cornell, WUSTL - does anyone know which/if any of these schools hold for future LSAT automatically?

I was torn between withdrawing apps and delaying til next app cycle, but I kind of want to ride this cycle out. I already have acceptances from UWash, W&M, W&L, and BC; and decent offers from W&M and W&L.

Anyone want to throw any advice my way? Is there anything else I should be doing?

User avatar
rowdy
Posts: 457
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 1:16 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby rowdy » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:33 pm

sabraph wrote:
Anyone want to throw any advice my way? Is there anything else I should be doing?


Ride it out but be prepared to withdraw and re-apply if you don't get an outcome with which you're happy.

User avatar
DorkothyParker
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:32 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby DorkothyParker » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:36 pm

I only sent in three apps. I have admits at two schools, both with scholarships of roughly 2/3 cost of tuition.
I am waiting on my top choice with 2 more weeks of review left to go, tops. I kind of like it in review longer. I'd like to think they'd have a hard "no" quicker than an admit or even waitlist once in review. But this is just speculation.

Will I want to wait until March to start negotiating additional scholarship funds? I've sent in my FAFSA and of course will update once I complete my 2017 in early February. I'm not sure how relevant this is, though, as none of my schools appear to have any need-based scholarships or grants.

vikingrunner
Posts: 66
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:01 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby vikingrunner » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:52 pm

I just need one damn acceptance. Please. I don't have any rejects/WLs yet but I'm still on edge.

User avatar
Mikey
Posts: 7989
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby Mikey » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:57 pm

submitted to 17 school. got 15 status checkers so far!

User avatar
AvatarMeelo
Posts: 510
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:58 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby AvatarMeelo » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:25 pm

vikingrunner wrote:I just need one damn acceptance. Please. I don't have any rejects/WLs yet but I'm still on edge.


+1000.

User avatar
Slippin' Jimmy
Posts: 817
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:56 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:15 pm

rowdy wrote:At this point in the cycle it looks like I'll end up choosing between sticker at T14 or 80-90% scholarship to the TTT in my current town.

[+] Spoiler
Image

No love from any T20s? You'd think decent money would be in play from the WashUs of the world with your LSAT.

User avatar
chargers21
Posts: 3738
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby chargers21 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:24 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
rowdy wrote:At this point in the cycle it looks like I'll end up choosing between sticker at T14 or 80-90% scholarship to the TTT in my current town.

[+] Spoiler
Image

No love from any T20s? You'd think decent money would be in play from the WashUs of the world with your LSAT.

Yeah, I'd think at least a school in the Indiana, Alabama, etc. state school range would throw a full ride at him just to put that they have a 180 on their brochures

User avatar
rowdy
Posts: 457
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 1:16 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby rowdy » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:34 pm

chargers21 wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
rowdy wrote:At this point in the cycle it looks like I'll end up choosing between sticker at T14 or 80-90% scholarship to the TTT in my current town.

[+] Spoiler
Image



It's more a result of which places my spouse can realistically work for the next three years and which schools are surefire portable to where we plan to live after school. That eliminates a lot of the $$$ options unfortunately - although obviously I still applied.

I'm not complaining, just predicting where I'll end up :mrgreen:

User avatar
chargers21
Posts: 3738
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby chargers21 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:46 pm

rowdy wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
rowdy wrote:At this point in the cycle it looks like I'll end up choosing between sticker at T14 or 80-90% scholarship to the TTT in my current town.

[+] Spoiler
Image



It's more a result of which places my spouse can realistically work for the next three years and which schools are surefire portable to where we plan to live after school. That eliminates a lot of the $$$ options unfortunately - although obviously I still applied.

I'm not complaining, just predicting where I'll end up :mrgreen:

Ah, gotcha. Probably not a young whippersnapper like myself then. I wish you the best, and hopefully a little extra money comes your way

User avatar
rowdy
Posts: 457
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 1:16 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby rowdy » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:49 pm

chargers21 wrote:Ah, gotcha. Probably not a young whippersnapper like myself then. I wish you the best, and hopefully a little extra money comes your way

TY we'll see how it shakes out!

LawSSS
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:05 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby LawSSS » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:08 pm

This may be a little neurotic, but should I be responding to scholarship emails to say thank you?

User avatar
wolfonlawstreet
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:30 am

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby wolfonlawstreet » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:02 am

LawSSS wrote:This may be a little neurotic, but should I be responding to scholarship emails to say thank you?



I think the consensus is no! :)

User avatar
AvatarMeelo
Posts: 510
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:58 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby AvatarMeelo » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:58 am

I love going to the "Order History" page on LSAC and seeing how much money I've blown so far on this entire cycle.

User avatar
KENYADIGG1T
Posts: 380
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby KENYADIGG1T » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:59 am

FINALLY GOT A HARVARD JS1

User avatar
rowdy
Posts: 457
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 1:16 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby rowdy » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:00 pm

KENYADIGG1T wrote:FINALLY GOT A HARVARD JS1

ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE

LSNlife
Posts: 156
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:36 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby LSNlife » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:02 pm

rowdy wrote:
KENYADIGG1T wrote:FINALLY GOT A HARVARD JS1

ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE


YASSSSS congrats!!!

User avatar
KENYADIGG1T
Posts: 380
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby KENYADIGG1T » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:06 pm

Thanks everyone! I must admit, I feel really weird about this because I already got into Y, and am already set on going there #firstworldproblems

LSNlife
Posts: 156
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:36 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby LSNlife » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:07 pm

KENYADIGG1T wrote:Thanks everyone! I must admit, I feel really weird about this because I already got into Y, and am already set on going there #firstworldproblems


shhh don't! Bask in the feeling of knowing that 1) you have PHENOMENAL options, and 2) that you are wanted by the top schools in the country. Be proud of yourself and your accomplishments and kill it in your JS1 regardless of whether or not your headed to Y! We're rooting for you!

User avatar
wmbuff
Posts: 379
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:26 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby wmbuff » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:38 pm

Phone call from the same area code as a T13? Yeah, that's just a bill collector.

User avatar
DaydreamNation
Posts: 178
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:45 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby DaydreamNation » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:47 pm

wmbuff wrote:Phone call from the same area code as a T13? Yeah, that's just a bill collector.

Totally feel your pain, I'm waiting to hear from Vandy and have twice in the last few weeks had an Army recruiter with a Nashville area code call me...

of2273
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:40 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby of2273 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:04 pm

Can someone walk me through what it's like to visit a law school admissions office? Outside of a regular, schedule tour, do you just talk to the admissions people about your application and show interest in the school? Do they then show you around?

LawSSS
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:05 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby LawSSS » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:32 pm

wolfonlawstreet wrote:
LawSSS wrote:This may be a little neurotic, but should I be responding to scholarship emails to say thank you?



I think the consensus is no! :)


Thanks!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”