TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How many schools did you apply to?

1-5
9
7%
6-10
23
19%
10-15
52
43%
15+
33
27%
I'm not done applying yet...
2
2%
Wait, you have to APPLY to law school? (just lurking)
2
2%
 
Total votes: 121

User avatar
principalagent
Posts: 713
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:15 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby principalagent » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:18 pm

Your 250 is amazing holy shit

User avatar
Mikey
Posts: 8014
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby Mikey » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:44 pm

Ok so quick question. I applied to a school already but not to any others. I have updated my personal statement and will update my resume soon as well. The resume I'm sure is cool to update but what do you guys think about sending them my updated PS? Good idea? bad idea? wouldn't matter at all it's a waste of time? Fuck it just send it in?

subpoenacolada
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:25 am

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby subpoenacolada » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:27 pm

December LSAT out two weeks early, maybe we’ll see a little quicker movement now after the holidays?? Am I reaching? I’m reaching.

User avatar
KENYADIGG1T
Posts: 387
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby KENYADIGG1T » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:52 pm

principalagent wrote:Your 250 is amazing holy shit


Omg I love you for this--this made my day!

dietcoked
Posts: 149
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:33 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby dietcoked » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:43 am

OtisRedding24 wrote:Have you all seen this on mylsn?

https://jscalc.io/calc/zt21YwP4hMpgFuoT

You input your LSAT/GPA and it tells you your % chance of being accepted/waitlisted/denied.

Pretty cool.

The 5% for Yale has me feeling like Jim Carrey on Dumb and Dumber....


This thing makes a splitter wanna crie.

User avatar
InterLaw
Posts: 452
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:16 am

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby InterLaw » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:50 am

KENYADIGG1T wrote:
InterLaw wrote:
KENYADIGG1T wrote:I GOT INTO YALE LAW


CONGRATS!!!

So is your cycle officially over? You're leaving like a Dillard/Darrow right?


Y'know, I haven't heard from Michigan interestingly enough! *shrugs*


Well... Good for us!

Congrats again from a fellow Philosophy undergrad!

seanbodonovan
Posts: 85
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:45 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby seanbodonovan » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:49 pm

Last day to obsess before I can stop refreshing my email every five minutes until 2018!

...I’ll probably reflexively check my status checkers and email anyway despite the fact that I know everyone is off for the holidays.

User avatar
rowdy
Posts: 463
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 1:16 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby rowdy » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:01 pm

Me: I heard from the two schools from which I really expected an answer on Wednesday, so no need to think about it until January.

Also me: I bet admissions offices are going to work late on a Friday before Christmas, better check the status checkers a few times to be safe.

tinycatfriend
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:06 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby tinycatfriend » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:22 pm

Have a great break y'all! Relax, eat some good food, and take care of yourselves!

User avatar
MercW07
Posts: 262
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:25 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby MercW07 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:48 pm

Finally officially checking in here! I was worried I was going to bomb Dec and have to delay a cycle but I reached my goal score so here I am! I should have apps fully submitted by the new year so my stress/waiting shall continue for at least the next few months.

User avatar
sabraph
Posts: 156
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:55 am

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby sabraph » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:49 pm

MercW07 wrote:Finally officially checking in here! I was worried I was going to bomb Dec and have to delay a cycle but I reached my goal score so here I am! I should have apps fully submitted by the new year so my stress/waiting shall continue for at least the next few months.


Congrats!

User avatar
AvatarMeelo
Posts: 515
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:58 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby AvatarMeelo » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:50 pm

demos9 wrote:
AvatarMeelo wrote:Quick question for you guys - does LSAC automatically send new LORs to schools?


Yes, or if you assign them to a school after submitting. They usually take a day to transmit and there is no confirmation when it does so.


So, if I create a new LOR profile for my boss, and then she uploads it - LSAC will send this rec to schools I've already submitted if I assign it to them? I can do that?

of2273
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:40 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby of2273 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:33 pm

Does anyone know which schools really care about you visiting them? I've heard of a couple that take down your LSAC number and apparently that bodes well with the committee, but some others don't care at all. I'd like to know before making the trips!

User avatar
bearchair
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:59 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby bearchair » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:23 am

KENYADIGG1T wrote:
anacabana wrote:
KENYADIGG1T wrote:
sabraph wrote:
KENYADIGG1T wrote:BTW More than happy to post my essays to TLS if that is at all helpful


Would love to see your essays if you are willing to PM/post! Congratulations that's an awesome accomplishment!!


I'm more than happy to post. Waiting to see if others would be interested in seeing them as well.


Also interested, if you don’t mind!


viewtopic.php?f=18&t=284451



So I've been a long time lurker and rarely post, but I really have to chime in on how much I respect you. I've seen your posts all over here and if there is anyone who deserves to be admitted to Yale, or any other school, it's you. Your PS and Yale 250 just solidify in my mind how much you deserve this and how prepared you are. I have no doubt that we will see you become a renowned law professor in the years to come. Good luck with everything, though you've shown you can accomplish whatever you put your mind to.

Prudence
Posts: 71
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:39 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby Prudence » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:14 am

Since I applied to 12 schools yesterday is it fair to say i wont get decision till April/May. Which T-14 schools come out with decisions earlier

User avatar
KENYADIGG1T
Posts: 387
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby KENYADIGG1T » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:28 am

bearchair wrote:
KENYADIGG1T wrote:
anacabana wrote:
KENYADIGG1T wrote:
sabraph wrote:
KENYADIGG1T wrote:BTW More than happy to post my essays to TLS if that is at all helpful


Would love to see your essays if you are willing to PM/post! Congratulations that's an awesome accomplishment!!


I'm more than happy to post. Waiting to see if others would be interested in seeing them as well.


Also interested, if you don’t mind!


viewtopic.php?f=18&t=284451



So I've been a long time lurker and rarely post, but I really have to chime in on how much I respect you. I've seen your posts all over here and if there is anyone who deserves to be admitted to Yale, or any other school, it's you. Your PS and Yale 250 just solidify in my mind how much you deserve this and how prepared you are. I have no doubt that we will see you become a renowned law professor in the years to come. Good luck with everything, though you've shown you can accomplish whatever you put your mind to.


Oh my goodness, thank you so much! The support I have received on here is incredible, and I do hope that I can justify the immense trust and respect all of you have shown me. I am honored to soon be part of a legal profession with all of you in it.

User avatar
Ntp73821
Posts: 565
Joined: Sat May 27, 2017 7:53 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby Ntp73821 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:37 am

Soooo, is there a way for someone else to take over this thread since Ex Engineer got his Dillard and vanished? We need a new poll :lol:

User avatar
rowdy
Posts: 463
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 1:16 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby rowdy » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:28 pm

Ntp73821 wrote:Soooo, is there a way for someone else to take over this thread since Ex Engineer got his Dillard and vanished? We need a new poll :lol:

I suggest a "what do you want out of law" poll. Pick two: money, power, prestige, love, honor, security... Trying to think of more good options but you get the idea.

User avatar
Ntp73821
Posts: 565
Joined: Sat May 27, 2017 7:53 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby Ntp73821 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:31 pm

rowdy wrote:I suggest a "what do you want out of law" poll. Pick two: money, power, prestige, love, honor, security... Trying to think of more good options but you get the idea.

I like it! Though I laughed out loud at "love." :lol:

User avatar
rowdy
Posts: 463
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 1:16 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby rowdy » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:33 pm

Ntp73821 wrote:
rowdy wrote:I suggest a "what do you want out of law" poll. Pick two: money, power, prestige, love, honor, security... Trying to think of more good options but you get the idea.

I like it! Though I laughed out loud at "love." :lol:

Well if you get designated our new op you can make it happen haha

User avatar
Ntp73821
Posts: 565
Joined: Sat May 27, 2017 7:53 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby Ntp73821 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:34 pm

rowdy wrote:Well if you get designated our new op you can make it happen haha

Haha, I don't really care WHO is the new OP, I just think we need a new one.

User avatar
KENYADIGG1T
Posts: 387
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby KENYADIGG1T » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:40 pm

rowdy wrote:
Ntp73821 wrote:Soooo, is there a way for someone else to take over this thread since Ex Engineer got his Dillard and vanished? We need a new poll :lol:

I suggest a "what do you want out of law" poll. Pick two: money, power, prestige, love, honor, security... Trying to think of more good options but you get the idea.


idk about love, but my pursuit of law school did introduce me to duchess soooooooooooooo

User avatar
rowdy
Posts: 463
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 1:16 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby rowdy » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:44 pm

KENYADIGG1T wrote:
rowdy wrote:
Ntp73821 wrote:Soooo, is there a way for someone else to take over this thread since Ex Engineer got his Dillard and vanished? We need a new poll :lol:

I suggest a "what do you want out of law" poll. Pick two: money, power, prestige, love, honor, security... Trying to think of more good options but you get the idea.


idk about love, but my pursuit of law school did introduce me to duchess soooooooooooooo


We'll add a special poll option for "anonymous online future spouse"

User avatar
Ntp73821
Posts: 565
Joined: Sat May 27, 2017 7:53 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby Ntp73821 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:45 pm

KENYADIGG1T wrote:
idk about love, but my pursuit of law school did introduce me to duchess soooooooooooooo


as a friend of THE duchess, I am so excited for your blossoming romance lol

User avatar
Ntp73821
Posts: 565
Joined: Sat May 27, 2017 7:53 pm

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Postby Ntp73821 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:18 pm

I messaged a mod and they told me that if I message Ex Engineer and ask if he minds, they can switch the OP. I shot him a message asking him if he would either a) come back or b) let someone else OP the thread. I'll keep y'all posted. Here's to hoping there are some new polls in our future! :lol:




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”