TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Bronze

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Post by 38981928 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:57 am

Does anyone else have problems with reliability with their mail? I've so far been accepted to two schools (yay!) but nothing has actually come in the mail. I keep getting mail meant for other units (I live in a giant apartment building in a major downtown area), I've had a print subscription to a magazine placed on hold because it was returned to them twice already, and my building's policy is to tell people who get the wrong mail to send it to the outgoing box and have it returned to sender (rather than holding it for the actual person). Kind of frustrating and makes me nervous that I might miss some acceptances and/or other important docs sent via mail.

rowdy

Bronze

Post by rowdy » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:17 pm

Who else is pumped for another day of radio silence?

Platopus

Gold

Post by Platopus » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:29 pm

Last edited by Platopus on Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wannabegenius

Bronze

Post by wannabegenius » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:31 pm

Platopus wrote:
rowdy wrote:Who else is pumped for another day of radio silence?
I love checking my email every 5 minutes for the sheer disappointment of absolutely nothing happening
Same here.

rideagain

Bronze

Post by rideagain » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:34 pm

wannabegenius wrote:
Platopus wrote:
I love checking my email every 5 minutes for the sheer disappointment of absolutely nothing happening
Same here.
Check email, only emails from Creighton about extending their deadline, throw something, sulk. Rinse and repeat.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

TedBuckland

Bronze

Post by TedBuckland » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:35 pm

rideagain wrote:
wannabegenius wrote:
Platopus wrote:
Same here.
Check email, only emails from Creighton about extending their deadline, throw something, sulk. Rinse and repeat.
This is literally my exact life right now.

wannabegenius

Bronze

Post by wannabegenius » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:46 pm

rideagain wrote:
wannabegenius wrote:
Platopus wrote:
Same here.
I've started unsubscribing from all law school marketing emails. My poor phone can't handle being thrown against the wall for much longer.

rowdy

Bronze

Post by rowdy » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:56 pm

Platopus wrote:
There are some schools to which I applied for the exclusive purpose of receiving that quick auto-ding, breaking the monotony of this quiet hell.

gmenold

New

Post by gmenold » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:04 pm

38981928 wrote:Does anyone else have problems with reliability with their mail? I've so far been accepted to two schools (yay!) but nothing has actually come in the mail. I keep getting mail meant for other units (I live in a giant apartment building in a major downtown area), I've had a print subscription to a magazine placed on hold because it was returned to them twice already, and my building's policy is to tell people who get the wrong mail to send it to the outgoing box and have it returned to sender (rather than holding it for the actual person). Kind of frustrating and makes me nervous that I might miss some acceptances and/or other important docs sent via mail.
I have a problem with my mail, as well. I'm hoping that it's minor but I have no real way of measuring it. Occasionally I don't get letters that family members have sent and one postcard took nearly 3 months to get to me. I don't really know what to do and I worry that I missed something from WUSTL as it's been about 2 months since I was accepted but I have yet to hear anything about scholarships.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

HenryHankPalmer

Bronze

Post by HenryHankPalmer » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:11 pm

gmenold wrote:
38981928 wrote:Does anyone else have problems with reliability with their mail? I've so far been accepted to two schools (yay!) but nothing has actually come in the mail. I keep getting mail meant for other units (I live in a giant apartment building in a major downtown area), I've had a print subscription to a magazine placed on hold because it was returned to them twice already, and my building's policy is to tell people who get the wrong mail to send it to the outgoing box and have it returned to sender (rather than holding it for the actual person). Kind of frustrating and makes me nervous that I might miss some acceptances and/or other important docs sent via mail.
I have a problem with my mail, as well. I'm hoping that it's minor but I have no real way of measuring it. Occasionally I don't get letters that family members have sent and one postcard took nearly 3 months to get to me. I don't really know what to do and I worry that I missed something from WUSTL as it's been about 2 months since I was accepted but I have yet to hear anything about scholarships.
I believe that all of WUSTL's scholarship info comes via email, I know mine did. Might want to check in with them.

kippercd

Bronze

Post by kippercd » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:11 pm

gmenold wrote:
Scholly info comes in an email. Are you sure they are going to give you money? They also could wait till later in the cycle to see how the class fills out. Dont worry so early if you havent heard anything.
Last edited by kippercd on Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gmenold

New

Post by gmenold » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:23 pm

kippercd wrote:
gmenold wrote:
Scholly info comes in an email. Are you sure they are going to give you money? They also could wait till later in the cycle to see how the class fills out. Dont worry so early if you havent heard anything.
Not sure that they're going to give me money at all, just hoping. I'm also worried about getting their emails because I never received their status checker and I had issues signing into their admitted student page. Never did get the status checker but the admitted student page eventually worked after talking with admissions.

KENYADIGG1T

Bronze

Post by KENYADIGG1T » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:38 pm

It's not even December and I expect to be dinged everywhere I applied to :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :( :( :( :(

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

kippercd

Bronze

Post by kippercd » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:46 pm

gmenold wrote:
kippercd wrote:
gmenold wrote:
Not sure that they're going to give me money at all, just hoping. I'm also worried about getting their emails because I never received their status checker and I had issues signing into their admitted student page. Never did get the status checker but the admitted student page eventually worked after talking with admissions.
Did you email them to make sure they have the correct email? there isnt some little letter or something out of place?
Last edited by kippercd on Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

heyduchess

Silver

Post by heyduchess » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:48 pm

KENYADIGG1T wrote:It's not even December and I expect to be dinged everywhere I applied to :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :( :( :( :(
My TLS creeping tells me you have a PhD and a 4.0. I HOPE you're not dinged everywhere. You're a rockstar in my eyes.

heyduchess

Silver

Post by heyduchess » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:49 pm

wannabegenius wrote:
Platopus wrote:
Same here.

gmenold

New

Post by gmenold » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:52 pm

kippercd wrote:
gmenold wrote:
kippercd wrote:
gmenold wrote:
Did you email them to make sure they have the correct email? there isnt some little letter or something out of place?
Yeah, everything is correct and I received an acceptance email (before reaching out to them) but never received the status checker even after they said it would be resent.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

KENYADIGG1T

Bronze

Post by KENYADIGG1T » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:54 pm

heyduchess wrote:
KENYADIGG1T wrote:It's not even December and I expect to be dinged everywhere I applied to :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :( :( :( :(
My TLS creeping tells me you have a PhD and a 4.0. I HOPE you're not dinged everywhere. You're a rockstar in my eyes.
You have made my day :D :D :D

KENYADIGG1T

Bronze

Post by KENYADIGG1T » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:55 pm

IN AT BOALT I JUST GOT A CALL FROM DEAN TOM HOLY SHITTTTTT

usaorbust

Bronze

Post by usaorbust » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:02 pm

KENYADIGG1T wrote:IN AT BOALT I JUST GOT A CALL FROM DEAN TOM HOLY SHITTTTTT
Congrats! I bet you're the first admit too, awesome!

KENYADIGG1T

Bronze

Post by KENYADIGG1T » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:21 pm

usaorbust wrote:
Damn, that's...WHOA

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

heyduchess

Silver

Post by heyduchess » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:31 pm

KENYADIGG1T wrote:
usaorbust wrote:
Damn, that's...WHOA
HOLY SHIT CONGRATS!!!!!!

KENYADIGG1T

Bronze

Post by KENYADIGG1T » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:54 pm

heyduchess wrote:
This seems like a long time ago already LOL

KENYADIGG1T

Bronze

Post by KENYADIGG1T » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:54 pm

heyduchess wrote:
KENYADIGG1T wrote:
usaorbust wrote:
Damn, that's...WHOA
HOLY SHIT CONGRATS!!!!!!
Thank you!

Eli1

New

Post by Eli1 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:57 pm

Might be a dumb question, but I'm curious. Suppose a school offers you a scholarship that exceeds the in-state tuition amount but you're out of state. If you can qualify for in-state tuition for 2L and 3L, would they reduce the scholarship?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”