TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
amta

Platinum

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Post by amta » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:01 am

wmbuff wrote: It's still early, and I'm not done submitting apps, but I'd say I've met with about as much success as I could reasonably expect this soon after receiving my LSAT score, and I feel like there's more good news to come soon.
thats awesome. waiting for acceptances was worse than waiting for my lsat score. youll find that some will be frustratingly slow. i got an acceptance every day for like two weeks and then radio silence from my remaining schools for a month.

emilyLl

New

Post by emilyLl » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:11 am

amta wrote:hows everyones cycle going?
As well as it could be, at this point. In at UVA, Duke, GULC, and my state school with a full ride. Trying not to get my hopes up too much for my reach schools.

OakBrook2021

Bronze

Post by OakBrook2021 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:15 am

Taking a long hard look at a retake lol

amta

Platinum

Post by amta » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:31 am

OakBrook2021 wrote:
Taking a long hard look at a retake lol
do it

ebrook93

New

Post by ebrook93 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:38 am

Am I correct in assuming that a lot of the admissions committees will convene for the first time tomorrow (11/1)?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

amta

Platinum

Post by amta » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:40 am

ebrook93 wrote:Am I correct in assuming that a lot of the admissions committees will convene for the first time tomorrow (11/1)?
no

TheKingLives

Bronze

Post by TheKingLives » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:47 pm

Last edited by TheKingLives on Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DorkothyParker

Bronze

Post by DorkothyParker » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:23 pm

I'm spooktacularly poor and waiting on my work incentive bonus to put in my last (?) two applications. I only put in a couple and scheduled an interview for one so that one will be pushed back at least a couple weeks.
Which is great, because I love the cool blanket of insecurity that envelopes me in unrelenting dread and uncertainty regarding my future. So it's really a win.

SopranoSaxophone

Bronze

Post by SopranoSaxophone » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:37 pm

Been getting some interesting feedback re: C&F disclosures and could use this board's insight. If a school's app says to disclose any infraction "excluding minor traffic violations," and you therefore exclude your minor traffic violation on the app, will a state bar that requires traffic violation disclosure see this as an issue when you disclose the traffic violation for the bar? The app specifically said to exclude minor traffic violations, so to my understanding, you would be following the directions by not disclosing it rather than being perceived as trying to hide anything. Some seem to disagree with this assessment and say disclosure even when the app specifies to "exclude minor traffic violations" is the correct way to handle C&F because a state bar could potentially see this as a failure to disclose issue. Can this really be true? i.e. "I see here the school you applied to said you should exclude your speeding ticket and you excluded your speeding ticket, so now you're facing bar admission C&F consequences for excluding your speeding ticket on your law school app even though you disclosed it to us when we asked for it."

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Platopus

Gold

Post by Platopus » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:45 pm

Last edited by Platopus on Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SopranoSaxophone

Bronze

Post by SopranoSaxophone » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:51 pm

Platopus wrote:
SopranoSaxophone wrote:Been getting some interesting feedback re: C&F disclosures and could use this board's insight. If a school's app says to disclose any infraction "excluding minor traffic violations," and you therefore exclude your minor traffic violation on the app, will a state bar that requires traffic violation disclosure see this as an issue when you disclose the traffic violation for the bar? The app specifically said to exclude minor traffic violations, so to my understanding, you would be following the directions by not disclosing it rather than being perceived as trying to hide anything. Some seem to disagree with this assessment and say disclosure even when the app specifies to "exclude minor traffic violations" is the correct way to handle C&F because a state bar could potentially see this as a failure to disclose issue. Can this really be true? i.e. "I see here the school you applied to said you should exclude your speeding ticket and you excluded your speeding ticket, so now you're facing bar admission C&F consequences for excluding your speeding ticket on your law school app even though you disclosed it to us when we asked for it."
If it was truly a minor traffic violation (i.e., textig while driving or speeding 5mph or something) I don't see how it could be a problem if you followed the app question and didnt disclose. However "minor traffic violation" isn't really defined on any of the apps, so you need to be careful of not including something. For example, I got busted speeding 29mph over the limit and had to go to traffic court. At the time it was just traffic school and a fine, but my state now considers this a misdemeanor (even though it wasnt at the time)... so is that a minor traffic ticket? I chose to disclose because in 3 years I dont want to have problems and it has almost a 0% chance of affecting my admission outcomes
I would also tend to treat anything that feels ambiguous as more than "minor" but I would surmise that speeding 10mph or less over the limit, failure to yield at a stop sign, failure to signal, tail light out, etc. to all fall within that "minor" category. Broadly, I think of it as any traffic infraction that does not require a court appearance as part of the fine. (In my state, all of the above traffic offenses are considered "noncriminal traffic citations," not misdemeanors). I would not feel compelled to disclose any of the above if there was a C&F caveat for "minor traffic violations," but perhaps this is wrongheaded on my part?

Platopus

Gold

Post by Platopus » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:09 pm

Last edited by Platopus on Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheKingLives

Bronze

Post by TheKingLives » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:26 am

Last edited by TheKingLives on Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

BronxToBoston

New

Post by BronxToBoston » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:23 am

Last edited by BronxToBoston on Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bojack93

New

Post by Bojack93 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:56 am

Can anyone speak to how the traffic ticket situation would actually play out when applying for admission to the bar? Granted it would differ by state, but if you disclose a speeding ticket to the bar that wasn't on your law school application, is that really a problem? People keep saying that they hope they don't find out in 3 years that x school didn't have a different interpretation of "minor traffic violation," but wouldn't the problem at that point be with the bar and not with the school? Would the folks at the bar go back and analyze the language on your law school's C&F question and determine that you should have disclosed it? If so, it seems like they would be expecting you to effectively parse through legal language before starting law school.

Maybe I'm being naive but it's difficult to envision the situation in which this creates an issue. If anyone could provide a summary of the process that would be helpful.

SopranoSaxophone

Bronze

Post by SopranoSaxophone » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:04 am

Bojack93 wrote:Can anyone speak to how the traffic ticket situation would actually play out when applying for admission to the bar? Granted it would differ by state, but if you disclose a speeding ticket to the bar that wasn't on your law school application, is that really a problem? People keep saying that they hope they don't find out in 3 years that x school didn't have a different interpretation of "minor traffic violation," but wouldn't the problem at that point be with the bar and not with the school? Would the folks at the bar go back and analyze the language on your law school's C&F question and determine that you should have disclosed it? If so, it seems like they would be expecting you to effectively parse through legal language before starting law school.

Maybe I'm being naive but it's difficult to envision the situation in which this creates an issue. If anyone could provide a summary of the process that would be helpful.
I second this question, have similar concerns, and would love some insight.

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:37 am

Bojack93 wrote:Can anyone speak to how the traffic ticket situation would actually play out when applying for admission to the bar? Granted it would differ by state, but if you disclose a speeding ticket to the bar that wasn't on your law school application, is that really a problem? People keep saying that they hope they don't find out in 3 years that x school didn't have a different interpretation of "minor traffic violation," but wouldn't the problem at that point be with the bar and not with the school? Would the folks at the bar go back and analyze the language on your law school's C&F question and determine that you should have disclosed it? If so, it seems like they would be expecting you to effectively parse through legal language before starting law school.

It's not an issue. If you law school app says to leave out a minor traffic violation like speeding and you do, the bar will not care that you include it on the bar application and not your law school application. They will see the language from the initial application. People just like to worry more than they should.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

blackmamba8

Bronze

Post by blackmamba8 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:23 pm

Edit
Last edited by blackmamba8 on Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hennessy

Gold

Post by Hennessy » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:30 pm

lol
Case Western adcomm wrote:Because I am eager to consider you for admission, I've reserved these special privileges for you: a waived application fee and automatic scholarship consideration.

VinnyChase

New

Post by VinnyChase » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:22 pm

Just sent in virtually all my apps - time to get active the forum :)

Platopus

Gold

Post by Platopus » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:29 pm

Last edited by Platopus on Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

VinnyChase

New

Post by VinnyChase » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:30 pm

HennessyVSOP wrote:lol
Case Western adcomm wrote:Because I am eager to consider you for admission, I've reserved these special privileges for you: a waived application fee and automatic scholarship consideration.
so jelly

NavyNuke

Bronze

Post by NavyNuke » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:46 pm

All I know is thank goodness for that Duke PT admit, cause this radio silence from the rest of the T14 is stressing me out!

OakBrook2021

Bronze

Post by OakBrook2021 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:50 pm

NavyNuke wrote:All I know is thank goodness for that Duke PT admit, cause this radio silence from the rest of the T14 is stressing me out!
+1

chrysippusofsoli

New

Post by chrysippusofsoli » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:07 pm

OakBrook2021 wrote:
NavyNuke wrote:All I know is thank goodness for that Duke PT admit, cause this radio silence from the rest of the T14 is stressing me out!
+1
+2

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”