TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
KENYADIGG1T

Bronze

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Post by KENYADIGG1T » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:22 pm

rowdy wrote:
KENYADIGG1T wrote:I'm out here hoping for a Christmas miracle; just one more offer to send 2017 off?
Hoping you find a JS2 under the tree?
I hope--I've been good this year!

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Post by Slippin' Jimmy » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:52 pm

Well I got a 4.0 this semester so my UGPA should go up by a few points. Obviously I'm sending in updated transcripts, but should I email schools to give them a heads up that new grades are on the way? And if so should I do it to only schools that have accepted me, or should I also send it out to schools that I'm still waiting on?

principalagent

Silver

Post by principalagent » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:57 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:Well I got a 4.0 this semester so my UGPA should go up by a few points. Obviously I'm sending in updated transcripts, but should I email schools to give them a heads up that new grades are on the way? And if so should I do it to only schools that have accepted me, or should I also send it out to schools that I'm still waiting on?
I would absolutely send to schools you’re still waiting on / schools that haven’t awarded scholarships - especially if it puts you over a median or 75th hump.

wmbuff

Bronze

Post by wmbuff » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:45 pm

Liberty University is now saved to my phone contacts, along with a description of what they can do.
Last edited by wmbuff on Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

principalagent

Silver

Post by principalagent » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:51 pm

wmbuff wrote:Liberty University is now saved to my phone contacts, along with a description of what they can do.
I really, really want one of these Liberty calls. I wonder if saying I’m interested in LGBT law student organizations on CRS took me off their list.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

heyduchess

Silver

Post by heyduchess » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:56 pm

principalagent wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:Well I got a 4.0 this semester so my UGPA should go up by a few points. Obviously I'm sending in updated transcripts, but should I email schools to give them a heads up that new grades are on the way? And if so should I do it to only schools that have accepted me, or should I also send it out to schools that I'm still waiting on?
I would absolutely send to schools you’re still waiting on / schools that haven’t awarded scholarships - especially if it puts you over a median or 75th hump.
Totally agree! If you have the opportunity to be over both 75ths, you should take it!

heyduchess

Silver

Post by heyduchess » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:02 pm

principalagent wrote:
wmbuff wrote:Liberty University is now saved to my phone contacts, along with a description of what they can do.
I really, really want one of these Liberty calls. I wonder if saying I’m interested in LGBT law student organizations on CRS took me off their list.
They haven't contacted me either and I'm trying to remember if there was a place for me to indicate that I'm Jewish...

HowardHamlin

New

Post by HowardHamlin » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:03 pm

I'd go ahead and send it to schools that have dinged you as well. Maybe this increase will make them reconsider, especially if it bumps you up a quartile.

rowdy

Bronze

Post by rowdy » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:07 pm

heyduchess wrote:
principalagent wrote:
They haven't contacted me either and I'm trying to remember if there was a place for me to indicate that I'm Jewish...
They could also be filtering by geographic area. Recall we had to select states in which we were interested.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Ntp73821

Silver

Post by Ntp73821 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:09 pm

rowdy wrote: They could also be filtering by geographic area. Recall we had to select states in which we were interested.
I don't think I selected any states when given the option but they called me.
Last edited by Ntp73821 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wmbuff

Bronze

Post by wmbuff » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:09 pm

rowdy wrote:
heyduchess wrote:
principalagent wrote:
They could also be filtering by geographic area. Recall we had to select states in which we were interested.
True, but a lot of us were interested in schools in Virginia.

PostNihilist

Bronze

Post by PostNihilist » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:15 pm

principalagent wrote:
Meeeee too... :lol: Would totally feign interest and waste their time with questions about their programs before telling them my gender identity + orientation and asking about LGBT programs....

rowdy

Bronze

Post by rowdy » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:16 pm

wmbuff wrote: True, but a lot of us were interested in schools in Virginia.
I am going to be perfectly honest: I did not even bother to google where Liberty is located. (Although I did not select VA and I haven't gotten a call so who knows, it could be a criterion.)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

wmbuff

Bronze

Post by wmbuff » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:22 pm

rowdy wrote:
I am going to be perfectly honest: I did not even bother to google where Liberty is located. (Although I did not select VA and I haven't gotten a call so who knows, it could be a criterion.)
Fair enough. I'm living in SC and from NC, so VA was a pretty natural place to be willing to go to school. Liberty is in the same area code as UVA, which is a big part of how they get folks to answer that initial call, I think.

heyduchess

Silver

Post by heyduchess » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:35 pm

wmbuff wrote:
rowdy wrote:
Fair enough. I'm living in SC and from NC, so VA was a pretty natural place to be willing to go to school. Liberty is in the same area code as UVA, which is a big part of how they get folks to answer that initial call, I think.
I'm from SC and lived in NC!

*starts humming Petey Pablo*

wmbuff

Bronze

Post by wmbuff » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:45 pm

heyduchess wrote:
wmbuff wrote:
rowdy wrote:
I'm from SC and lived in NC!

*starts humming Petey Pablo*
Carolina splitters represent! (I see from LSN that we've applied at a ton of the same places, so I'm kinda following your cycle.)

KENYADIGG1T

Bronze

Post by KENYADIGG1T » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:10 pm

I got one of these calls a few weeks ago! Put it this way: I would do a lot for a Klondike bar, but being a black man in a place named Lynchburg is NOT one of them.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

principalagent

Silver

Post by principalagent » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:15 pm

KENYADIGG1T wrote:I got one of these calls a few weeks ago! Put it this way: I would do a lot for a Klondike bar, but being a black man in a place named Lynchburg is NOT one of them.
:lol: :lol: :lol: same tho

Prudence

New

Post by Prudence » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:38 pm

WHy do I keep hearing this cycle is more competitive than other years? Like im regretting applying late

feralflamingo

Bronze

Post by feralflamingo » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:47 pm

Prudence wrote:WHy do I keep hearing this cycle is more competitive than other years? Like im regretting applying late
I heard this cycle's got an unusually high number of high LSATs. Not to mention that the GRE thing is making the cycle a bit unpredictable, and is scaring some people. But I have literally no sources on anything, so no one quote me on either of those things
Last edited by feralflamingo on Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zero Hedge

New

Post by Zero Hedge » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:02 pm

feralflamingo wrote:
Prudence wrote:WHy do I keep hearing this cycle is more competitive than other years? Like im regretting applying late
I heard this cycle's got an unusually high number of high LSATs. Not to mention that the GRE thing is making the cycle a bit unpredictable, and is scaring some people. But I have literally no sources on anything, so no one quote me on either of those things
The source referred to: http://blog.spiveyconsulting.com/december-2017-data/ (aka the blog post that shook the TLS world)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

heyduchess

Silver

Post by heyduchess » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:22 pm

I feel like today was super quiet, no?

Menchie

New

Post by Menchie » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:24 pm

heyduchess wrote:I feel like today was super quiet, no?
Yes, all our refreshing was for naught.

mistakepluskeleven

New

Post by mistakepluskeleven » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:22 pm

-
Last edited by mistakepluskeleven on Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

profdogwalker

New

Post by profdogwalker » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:26 pm

How do people get their LSN profiles to be hidden? There is no save button in the settings?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”