TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
SopranoSaxophone

Bronze

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Post by SopranoSaxophone » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:07 pm

Platopus wrote:
chargers21 wrote: People just like to worry more than they should
Accurate. I ordered transcripts from a community college I did not attend just to make sure that high school credits didn't roll over from some bullshit dual credit class I forgot about. The lady at the registrar was very confused when I let her know I was glad to hear they didn't have any student records for me....
Hah! I spent a week and a half calling to different different municipal courts with weird hours to try to track down a speeding ticket I got over a decade ago that was not digitized just to have more specific information about the incident, didn't disclose said ticket when the apps said to exclude "minor traffic violations," and am now trying to find a way to contact my state bar to ask about whether or not they would consider the lack of disclosure a C&F issue because they might construe the term "minor" to not apply to speeding, which would then cause me to have to send after-the-fact addendums to over a dozen schools I applied to (never a good look), all while addressing the email like "Haha, I know you said to exclude this but here it is anyway hahaha aren't I such a cool applicant who doesn't follow those pesky instructions."

Gah!
Last edited by SopranoSaxophone on Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

principalagent

Silver

Post by principalagent » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:08 pm

chrysippusofsoli wrote:
OakBrook2021 wrote:
NavyNuke wrote:All I know is thank goodness for that Duke PT admit, cause this radio silence from the rest of the T14 is stressing me out!
+1
+2
Shoutout to Duke for relieving neurosis

sharris2017

New

Post by sharris2017 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:17 pm

Very happy with my apps. Let's see how it goes.

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Post by Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:47 am

SopranoSaxophone wrote:
Platopus wrote:
chargers21 wrote: People just like to worry more than they should
Accurate. I ordered transcripts from a community college I did not attend just to make sure that high school credits didn't roll over from some bullshit dual credit class I forgot about. The lady at the registrar was very confused when I let her know I was glad to hear they didn't have any student records for me....
Hah! I spent a week and a half calling to different different municipal courts with weird hours to try to track down a speeding ticket I got over a decade ago that was not digitized just to have more specific information about the incident, didn't disclose said ticket when the apps said to exclude "minor traffic violations," and am now trying to find a way to contact my state bar to ask about whether or not they would consider the lack of disclosure a C&F issue because they might construe the term "minor" to not apply to speeding, which would then cause me to have to send after-the-fact addendums to over a dozen schools I applied to (never a good look), all while addressing the email like "Haha, I know you said to exclude this but here it is anyway hahaha aren't I such a cool applicant who doesn't follow those pesky instructions."

Gah!
If you already sent in your apps I would not worry about updating them re: a speeding ticket.

Sorry if I got in your head about this, out of an abundance of caution I recommend disclosing whenever possible the first time, but if there is any issue down the road, no one is going to think that you were in bad faith assuming your ticket was minor.

blackmamba8

Bronze

Post by blackmamba8 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:10 am

Edit
Last edited by blackmamba8 on Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

rachelac

Bronze

Post by rachelac » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:58 am

blackmamba8 wrote:
blackmamba8 wrote:So I submitted my apps over the weekend and I was looking at them today and found a mistake.. On some of the apps where it asks for education I apparently listed the wrong city for the community college I took dual credit classes in during high school (honestly don't remember doing this, not sure how it happened). The community college has campuses in different cities in my state but it's all the same community college. Should I email admissions and tell them about it?
Someone pls help I'm freaking out. :shock:
Yeah, just email them and say it was input as the correct college, wrong campus. I feel like this is a super understandable mistake and I can't imagine they'd hold it against you.

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Post by Slippin' Jimmy » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:37 pm

Bit of a neurotic question about updating transcripts. This semester I took 15 credits, 12 of which are traditional semester based classes with 3 from an online class on the quarter system. I finished the online class and got an A, which will probably increase my LSAC GPA from 3.82 to 3.83. Is it a good idea to send in updated transcripts to LSAC now for such a small increase? There's a chance that my GPA increases again after this semester from my other 12 credits, but its also possible my GPA goes down and my 3.83 becomes a high point for me. I'm just concerned that either that .01 won't make a difference at all or the updating for something so insignificant could make me look neurotic, especially if I end up updating again in a little over a month.

Anon-e-miss

Bronze

Post by Anon-e-miss » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:49 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:Bit of a neurotic question about updating transcripts. This semester I took 15 credits, 12 of which are traditional semester based classes with 3 from an online class on the quarter system. I finished the online class and got an A, which will probably increase my LSAC GPA from 3.82 to 3.83. Is it a good idea to send in updated transcripts to LSAC now for such a small increase? There's a chance that my GPA increases again after this semester from my other 12 credits, but its also possible my GPA goes down and my 3.83 becomes a high point for me. I'm just concerned that either that .01 won't make a difference at all or the updating for something so insignificant could make me look neurotic, especially if I end up updating again in a little over a month.
Disclaimer: 0L lurker who is applying next cycle, so take this with a grain of salt

I don't think it is worth it. Looking at the C/O 2020 GPA 25/50/75ths for the T14, the only school where the extra .01 changes your positioning w/r/t school's class profiles (i.e. puts you over median, over 75th, etc) is at Northwestern, where the median is exactly a 3.83 this year. I'm not sure that the minor bump will markedly change anything though, even at NW. Fwiw, 3.83 is also the exact 25th for Yale, although I suspect that doesn't matter much given that your numbers give you almost no chance there (no offense obviously; I have no chance there either)
Last edited by Anon-e-miss on Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:57 am

so when is the c/o 2021 FB group going to be made? I'm hype for it

(NOT IT)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

CottonHarvest

Bronze

Post by CottonHarvest » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:33 am

How in-depth do we have to go on explaining minor traffic violations?

Silver

Post by AvatarMeelo » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:21 pm

Mikey wrote:so when is the c/o 2021 FB group going to be made? I'm hype for it

(NOT IT)
jumping the gun a bit there mikey aint ya

amta

Platinum

Post by amta » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:59 pm

(NOT IT)
these are just internet people. not irl friends.

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:01 pm

amta wrote:

(NOT IT)
true

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

DorkothyParker

Bronze

Post by DorkothyParker » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:15 pm

amta wrote:

(NOT IT)
But I spend more time with internet people. We meet for drinks all. the. time.

amta

Platinum

Post by amta » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:26 pm

DorkothyParker wrote:
amta wrote:

(NOT IT)
But I spend more time with internet people. We meet for drinks all. the. time.
you joke, but this will eventually be reality.

KENYADIGG1T

Bronze

Post by KENYADIGG1T » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:21 pm

principalagent wrote:
chrysippusofsoli wrote:
OakBrook2021 wrote:
NavyNuke wrote:All I know is thank goodness for that Duke PT admit, cause this radio silence from the rest of the T14 is stressing me out!
+1
+2
Shoutout to Duke for relieving neurosis
Real MVP

CottonHarvest

Bronze

Post by CottonHarvest » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:28 pm

CottonHarvest wrote:How in-depth do we have to go on explaining minor traffic violations?
bump

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Platopus

Gold

Post by Platopus » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:58 pm

Last edited by Platopus on Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dm1683

Silver

Post by dm1683 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:32 pm

My mom is massively talking up WUSTL now that one of her colleagues (apparently an alum) turned her on to it. I told her I'm not spending three years of my life in st louis, which is basically my hometown without all of the good parts and more of the bad parts, when there are almost certainly going to be better options for me.

amta

Platinum

Post by amta » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:23 pm

dm1683 wrote:My mom is massively talking up WUSTL now that one of her colleagues (apparently an alum) turned her on to it. I told her I'm not spending three years of my life in st louis, which is basically my hometown without all of the good parts and more of the bad parts, when there are almost certainly going to be better options for me.
i liked washu and they give out FAT schollies.
waldorf wrote:

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:42 pm

dm1683 wrote:My mom is massively talking up WUSTL now that one of her colleagues (apparently an alum) turned her on to it. I told her I'm not spending three years of my life in st louis, which is basically my hometown without all of the good parts and more of the bad parts, when there are almost certainly going to be better options for me.
Plus with your numbers WUSTL shouldn't even be in the back of your mind

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

chandhi

Gold

Post by chandhi » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:03 pm

i have heard RUMORS that pbr will soon be outlawed in missouri

better come to ann arbor

feralflamingo

Bronze

Post by feralflamingo » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:41 am

sharris2017 wrote:Very happy with my apps. Let's see how it goes.
Good luck!
Last edited by feralflamingo on Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Post by Slippin' Jimmy » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:11 am

I’m thinking I’ll probably end up at WUSTL if I get my expected scholly awards at other schools. Anywhere else will have 100k+ in debt unless a miracle happens, and I’m extremely debt averse.

Still, I feel you on living in St Louis, I’m not looking forward to moving from 30 minutes from the beach to the Midwest.

Cogburn1984

New

Post by Cogburn1984 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:38 pm

Submitted most of my apps today and I'm already stressed. I took 2 years off to work/study for the LSAT and I really hope it wasn't all for nothing.

Not looking forward to the inevitable barrage of WL that splitters have to endure.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”