TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Ntp73821

Silver

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Post by Ntp73821 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:38 pm

heyduchess wrote:
Mikey wrote:NTP FOR OP 2018

yayyyyyyyyyyy!<3
I second this nomination.
Aw Shucks :wink:
Last edited by Ntp73821 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dm1683

Silver

Post by dm1683 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:52 pm

DaydreamNation wrote:
dm1683 wrote:
DaydreamNation wrote:
mistakepluskeleven wrote:Anyone else feeling like they may have overshot this cycle?
Yes
Same. Last summer after getting my score I was actually thinking I had an outside shot at a Ruby. What hubris. Applying kjd was a VERY bad move I'm sensing.
Hey, I'd kill for some of your outcomes from this cycle. Don't get down on yourself because you have some objectively great options already and if at the end of your cycle you still feel like you've undershot because you're K-JD, then the fix for that is the simplest thing ever: just get a year or so of work experience, reapply (in what probably will be a less competitive/high-applicant cycle), and reap the benefits!
Y
Thanks. I realize how entitled I sound (#firstworldproblems personified) and I feel pretty bad about that, but everyone always says numbers are almost all that matters, I put the work in, got the numbers and my top choice doesn't want me. Feels like, what did I spend all those nights in the library for?

NavyNuke

Bronze

Post by NavyNuke » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:13 pm

dm1683 wrote:
DaydreamNation wrote:
dm1683 wrote:
DaydreamNation wrote:
mistakepluskeleven wrote:Anyone else feeling like they may have overshot this cycle?
Yes
Same. Last summer after getting my score I was actually thinking I had an outside shot at a Ruby. What hubris. Applying kjd was a VERY bad move I'm sensing.
Hey, I'd kill for some of your outcomes from this cycle. Don't get down on yourself because you have some objectively great options already and if at the end of your cycle you still feel like you've undershot because you're K-JD, then the fix for that is the simplest thing ever: just get a year or so of work experience, reapply (in what probably will be a less competitive/high-applicant cycle), and reap the benefits!
Y
Thanks. I realize how entitled I sound (#firstworldproblems personified) and I feel pretty bad about that, but everyone always says numbers are almost all that matters, I put the work in, got the numbers and my top choice doesn't want me. Feels like, what did I spend all those nights in the library for?
Take a break from TLS, go have a few beers, remember you have a 4/173 and that there are plenty of waves left from the schools you want to go to (and that UChi admits a lot of ppl from the WL). You got this!
Last edited by NavyNuke on Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

abujabal

Bronze

Post by abujabal » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:15 pm

dm1683 wrote: Y
It's not like your GPA becomes irrelevant the second you step off campus - it's a key metric for jobs if you decide to take a few years off. Plus, if you do choose to delay (which, let's be clear, you have some solid outcomes already so I'm not advising to or not to do that), that GPA is only buttressed by strong work experience and softs. Stats can be a sufficient condition, not a guarantee

Edit to add that NavyNuke is right - take some time off TLS and celebrate yourself for a little bit!

dm1683

Silver

Post by dm1683 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:19 pm

abujabal wrote:
It's not like your GPA becomes irrelevant the second you step off campus - it's a key metric for jobs if you decide to take a few years off. Plus, if you do choose to delay (which, let's be clear, you have some solid outcomes already so I'm not advising to or not to do that), that GPA is only buttressed by strong work experience and softs. Stats can be a sufficient condition, not a guarantee

Edit to add that NavyNuke is right - take some time off TLS and celebrate yourself for a little bit!
you all read my mind, im taking the weekend off of worrying about law school. See you guys on monday.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

heyduchess

Silver

Post by heyduchess » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:35 pm

dm1683 wrote:
abujabal wrote:

you all read my mind, im taking the weekend off of worrying about law school. See you guys on monday.
Spivey told me a story about a UChicago WL'er getting a Ruby. That's the Chi one, right? #ThatMomentWhenYouCantRememberTheNamedScholarshipsBecauseLOLLikeIdEverGetOne

Ntp73821

Silver

Post by Ntp73821 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:39 pm

heyduchess wrote:#ThatMomentWhenYouCantRememberTheNamedScholarshipsBecauseLOLLikeIdEverGetOne
What a hashtag lol

heyduchess

Silver

Post by heyduchess » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:47 pm

Ntp73821 wrote:
heyduchess wrote:#ThatMomentWhenYouCantRememberTheNamedScholarshipsBecauseLOLLikeIdEverGetOne
What a hashtag lol
*checks Twitter*

idk how it isn't trending yet.

wmbuff

Bronze

Post by wmbuff » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:52 pm

heyduchess wrote:
Ntp73821 wrote:
What a hashtag lol
*checks Twitter*

Cause I'm not on Twitter? But it's me!
Last edited by wmbuff on Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

DaydreamNation

Bronze

Post by DaydreamNation » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:25 pm

wmbuff wrote:
heyduchess wrote:
Ntp73821 wrote:
What a hashtag lol
*checks Twitter*

Cause I'm not on Twitter? But it's me!
Dis me too

MercW07

Bronze

Post by MercW07 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:36 pm

Thought I was getting ghosted by schools for the last 3 weeks. Checked my spam folder even though Ive never had one law school related item sent to that folder in the last 3 years. Find every status checker/application reciept email that I have been waiting for and freaking out about there. A feeling of stupidity washes over me. This cycle needs to be over like yesterday.

JamesBlahDeBlah

Bronze

Post by JamesBlahDeBlah » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:27 am

This is officially the first weekend over the last year where I have nothing law school related I should be doing and I don't know what to do with myself...
Last edited by JamesBlahDeBlah on Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ntp73821

Silver

Post by Ntp73821 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:08 am

JamesBlahDeBlah wrote:This is officially the first weekend over the last year where I have nothing law school related I should be doing and I don't know what to do with myself...
HAVE FUN! Watch some tv, hang out with your friends, drink away the pain of law schools apps (lol), whatever makes you happy! :D

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Post by Slippin' Jimmy » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:30 pm

Any senior have less than 0 motivation this semester? Last fall it was pretty low, but I still tried because those grades could still have some effect on acceptances and scholarships, but for the spring I'd be perfectly content if I just passed all my classes.

april_ludgate

Bronze

Post by april_ludgate » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:37 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:Any senior have less than 0 motivation this semester? Last fall it was pretty low, but I still tried because those grades could still have some effect on acceptances and scholarships, but for the spring I'd be perfectly content if I just passed all my classes.
Last semester I busted my ass to raise my gpa by .02 (lol). This semester I’m struggling to give a crap honestly, but i am trying to motivate myself with the possibility of graduating with honors

Ntp73821

Silver

Post by Ntp73821 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:43 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:Any senior have less than 0 motivation this semester? Last fall it was pretty low, but I still tried because those grades could still have some effect on acceptances and scholarships, but for the spring I'd be perfectly content if I just passed all my classes.
During my last semester I felt like I was dying slowly lol
Last edited by Ntp73821 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DaydreamNation

Bronze

Post by DaydreamNation » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:56 pm

Yeah I don't have much motivation this semester either

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Walliums

Silver

Post by Walliums » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:38 pm

I’m not in school but I’m quitting my job in a few months, and I have a real bad case of senioritis.

JamesBlahDeBlah

Bronze

Post by JamesBlahDeBlah » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:14 pm

Walliums wrote:
I’m not in school but I’m quitting my job in a few months, and I have a real bad case of senioritis.
Saaaaaaaaaammmme.... Trying to work when you know you're leaving is the worst
Last edited by JamesBlahDeBlah on Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sharris2017

New

Post by sharris2017 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:48 pm

dm1683 wrote:
DaydreamNation wrote:
dm1683 wrote:
DaydreamNation wrote:
Yes
Y
I'd second getting some work experience. If you have any deficiency in your app, that's probably it.

soca_dancer

Bronze

Post by soca_dancer » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:59 pm

Walliums wrote:
+1 all your motivation is down the drain

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

principalagent

Silver

Post by principalagent » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:01 pm

soca_dancer wrote:
Walliums wrote:
+2 going into work is harder each and every day

LiveJustly390

New

Post by LiveJustly390 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:18 pm

principalagent wrote:
soca_dancer wrote:
Walliums wrote:
+2 going into work is harder each and every day
+3 it’s literally the worst and I wish I could just leave in June to take the whole summer off but #money

mwells56

Silver

Post by mwells56 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:57 pm

Currently studying for a test tomorrow and I hate everything.

I was convinced to pick up a second major in my second semester of senior year because I was only 2 classes away. So now I'm taking 5 classes, 3 for a grade. If it wasn't for the second major all I would've had was 2 classes for my minor and the Upper Level Writing Requirement, only one of which I would've needed to take for a grade.

I haven't decided yet if it's worth the effort to try to graduate Cum Laude. I'm leaning towards nah.

InterLaw

Bronze

Post by InterLaw » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:03 am

I need the 10 school which I applied to between September and November that ghosted me to tell me WTF IS GOING ON WITH MY APP!

Thanks.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”