TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Post by Slippin' Jimmy » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:40 pm

mrcfa1995 wrote:dumb question perhaps, but do schools publish their medians based on LSDAS gpa or actual UG school gpa?
LSDAS

mrcfa1995

New

Post by mrcfa1995 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:51 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote: LSDAS
Thanks mate

Silver

Post by AvatarMeelo » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:38 pm

Anyone here looking forward to the day they can quit their job and be (temporarily) free of incompetent idiots at work?

Platopus

Gold

Post by Platopus » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:00 pm

Last edited by Platopus on Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

MercW07

Bronze

Post by MercW07 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:19 pm

clueless801 wrote:Anyone here looking forward to the day they can quit their job and be (temporarily) free of incompetent idiots at work?
Yes, but the key word here is temporarily because after that temporary period free of incompetent idiots we will all be buried under mountains of books stressing about law school, and honestly at this point idk whats worse lol

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

NavyNuke

Bronze

Post by NavyNuke » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:14 pm

Last edited by NavyNuke on Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Post by Slippin' Jimmy » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:30 am

If anyone's going to the DC forum PM me. Gotta leave right after but we can say hi.

tapenade

New

Post by tapenade » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:23 am

So people have already started getting fee waivers for the upcoming cycle? I haven't received anything, despite being a diverse candidate with a decent GPA. Maybe I'll get a few bites if I score decently in September?

principalagent

Silver

Post by principalagent » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:51 am

tapenade wrote:So people have already started getting fee waivers for the upcoming cycle? I haven't received anything, despite being a diverse candidate with a decent GPA. Maybe I'll get a few bites if I score decently in September?
I've gotten a couple just outside of the T13 - UCLA and WashU, but none higher so far. URM and splitter here.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Post by Slippin' Jimmy » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:35 pm

tapenade wrote:So people have already started getting fee waivers for the upcoming cycle? I haven't received anything, despite being a diverse candidate with a decent GPA. Maybe I'll get a few bites if I score decently in September?
I've gotten a bunch from TTTs through email, and got quite a few decent ones at the forum yesterday. The highest I have so far is from UVA, followed by WUSTL, Vandy and UCLA.

Silver

Post by AvatarMeelo » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:00 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
I've gotten a bunch from TTTs through email, and got quite a few decent ones at the forum yesterday. The highest I have so far is from UVA, followed by WUSTL, Vandy and UCLA.
I'm going to the forum in October - for the T13+Gtown waivers, can we just get them from the tables?

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Post by Slippin' Jimmy » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:14 pm

clueless801 wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
I'm going to the forum in October - for the T13+Gtown waivers, can we just get them from the tables?
IME T13 wasn't really giving out waivers, UVA was the only one that gave me one. But I got some from Vandy, UCLA, USC, WUSTL and a bunch of T1s. Most T13s said they only send them out via CRS, and Duke said if I don't get Priority track to email them about a waiver.

TheKingLives

Bronze

Post by TheKingLives » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:27 pm

Last edited by TheKingLives on Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ellentracey

New

Post by ellentracey » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:33 pm

Checking in!
3.81/ 166 / Fulbright

I ended up chillin' on a few T-14 waitlists last cycle so I retook in June in hopes of doing better and scored...the same. I'm hoping the Fulbright will give me a little bump though. Planning on applying mostly to T1 east coast schools but I'll send in a few reach apps to the lower T-14.

HERE WE GO AGAIN

tapenade

New

Post by tapenade » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:57 am

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
clueless801 wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
IME T13 wasn't really giving out waivers, UVA was the only one that gave me one. But I got some from Vandy, UCLA, USC, WUSTL and a bunch of T1s. Most T13s said they only send them out via CRS, and Duke said if I don't get Priority track to email them about a waiver.
Ah, I haven't received any emails from them for this cycle. Sucks that I'm not on their radar yet :/

rideagain

Bronze

Post by rideagain » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:51 am

Sup all. Checking in for the fun. I'm a reapplicant- applied for the 2017 cycle but for personal reasons had to withdraw from my options. Trying to figure out ways to boost my application a bit, should probably retake the LSAT even though I really don't want to haha. Saw a few other reapplicants in here, anyone else kinda worried schools will take a dim view of us?

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Post by Slippin' Jimmy » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:46 am

tapenade wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
clueless801 wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
Ah, I haven't received any emails from them for this cycle. Sucks that I'm not on their radar yet :/
Most higher ranked waivers should come in a bit later so I wouldn't stress about it. I'm above LSAT 75ths for all of the mid/low T13 and have a strong GPA that ranges from just below median to just above 75th depending on the school and I haven't gotten anything unsolicited yet.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

heyduchess

Silver

Post by heyduchess » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:50 am

Platopus wrote:
clueless801 wrote:Anyone here looking forward to the day they can quit their job and be (temporarily) free of incompetent idiots at work?
Not really, I've been phoning it in since pretty much day 1 and no one has really noticed.
Same here. My office had 3 freelance employees doing all of my responsibilities before I got here and I cannot fathom how incompetent they were. It takes me 15 minutes to blow through what they quoted as 2-week projects. Like wut

tuna_wasabi

Bronze

Post by tuna_wasabi » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:25 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
mrcfa1995 wrote:dumb question perhaps, but do schools publish their medians based on LSDAS gpa or actual UG school gpa?
LSDAS
Another dumb follow-up question: What are those cumulative semester hours in the academic summary report?

heyduchess

Silver

Post by heyduchess » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:33 pm

tuna_wasabi wrote:
Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
LSDAS
Another dumb follow-up question: What are those cumulative semester hours in the academic summary report?
My guess is that it's how many hours you took each semester.

Pozzo

Gold

Post by Pozzo » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:17 pm

Yo, deferral from this cycle enrolling in c/o 2021. Checking in to get dirt on my future classmates.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Post by Future Ex-Engineer » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:22 pm

Pozzo wrote:Yo, deferral from this cycle enrolling in c/o 2021. Checking in to get dirt on my future classmates.
YOU DECIDED TO DEFER??? WE CAN STILL BE CLASSMATES!

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Post by Slippin' Jimmy » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:53 pm

FYI UVA, WUSTL, Vandy, UCLA and reportedly GULC are giving out solicited fee waivers already.

Also have my WUSTL skype interview tomorrow, any tips from people who have done it? Should I dress in a full suit or more business casual?

dm1683

Silver

Post by dm1683 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:56 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:FYI UVA, WUSTL, Vandy, UCLA and reportedly GULC are giving out solicited fee waivers already.

Also have my WUSTL skype interview tomorrow, any tips from people who have done it? Should I dress in a full suit or more business casual?
How do you ask for fee waivers? Do you just email the schools?

rowdy

Bronze

Post by rowdy » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:56 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:FYI UVA, WUSTL, Vandy, UCLA and reportedly GULC are giving out solicited fee waivers already.

I mean, I did the interview but it's not like they instantly admitted me, so I don't know that I have great advice. I wore a suit and tie.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”