TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Walliums

Silver

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Post by Walliums » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:15 pm

I finally have an LSAT score I feel comfortable applying to schools with! Hello this cycle!

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Post by Slippin' Jimmy » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:15 pm

Walliums wrote:I finally have an LSAT score I feel comfortable applying to schools with! Hello this cycle!
Welcome! Get ready for it to rain fee waivers!

maybeman

Bronze

Post by maybeman » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:59 pm

HennessyVSOP wrote:
Platopus wrote:Can we get a new OP? I'm ready for some polls.
I will gladly OP! And I do great polls.
+1 mods plz

demos9

New

Post by demos9 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:29 am

If I have already been accepted and offered a scholarship, can a school see if I continue to apply to others? Will that potentially affect their offer?

My situation: I got in and was offered full tuition to WUSTL much earlier than I expected to hear from them and I still have quite a few applications that were mostly done but that I hadn't sent yet. (Like, 12 of the t14).

I'm certainly not one to scoff at a full ride and I find myself looking more seriously there now, but I think is still worth my time to apply to places like Michigan, UVA, UPenn... if only to see what I might have there, right? Thanks!

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Post by Slippin' Jimmy » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:36 am

demos9 wrote:If I have already been accepted and offered a scholarship, can a school see if I continue to apply to others? Will that potentially affect their offer?

My situation: I got in and was offered full tuition to WUSTL much earlier than I expected to hear from them and I still have quite a few applications that were mostly done but that I hadn't sent yet. (Like, 12 of the t14).

I'm certainly not one to scoff at a full ride and I find myself looking more seriously there now, but I think is still worth my time to apply to places like Michigan, UVA, UPenn... if only to see what I might have there, right? Thanks!
No reason to accept the fullride now, their deposit deadline isn't until April.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

tinyrickkk

New

Post by tinyrickkk » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:57 am

Slippin' Jimmy wrote:
Walliums wrote:I finally have an LSAT score I feel comfortable applying to schools with! Hello this cycle!
Welcome! Get ready for it to rain fee waivers!
Hey how does one get fee waivers? I got my score yday (174) and might retake in December since my GPA is a 3.4 (from HYP ugrad, though I'm sure that doesn't matter much). I just signed up for CAS and requested a transcript. Is there anything else I can do to get fee waivers? Thanks!

allezallez21

New

Post by allezallez21 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:33 am

demos9 wrote:If I have already been accepted and offered a scholarship, can a school see if I continue to apply to others? Will that potentially affect their offer?
It will not affect their offer. They are not allowed to make scholarship contingent on your pending applications to other schools.

Jack_Kelly

Silver

Post by Jack_Kelly » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:40 am

Submitting at about 20 schools today

Pozzo

Gold

Post by Pozzo » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:42 am

Jack_Kelly wrote:Submitting at about 20 schools today
Solid

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

amta

Platinum

Post by amta » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:28 pm

hey waiters. take a drink every time WUSTL admits someone with a 168+.

Jack_Kelly

Silver

Post by Jack_Kelly » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:55 pm

Okay, submitted at CCNMPVDNC, WUSTL, UCLA, UT, W&L, W&M, and UNC.

Vanderbilt pending interview, still not done with GULC or Berkeley (that GULC essay is killing me).

rideagain

Bronze

Post by rideagain » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:58 pm

Anyone have any good suggestions for LSAT addendum? I went up 10 points and honestly it was just I studied harder/better but not sure how good an explanation that is.

amta

Platinum

Post by amta » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:06 pm

rideagain wrote:Anyone have any good suggestions for LSAT addendum? I went up 10 points and honestly it was just I studied harder/better but not sure how good an explanation that is.
yeah. don't write one.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

amta

Platinum

Post by amta » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:21 pm

amta wrote:
rideagain wrote:Anyone have any good suggestions for LSAT addendum? I went up 10 points and honestly it was just I studied harder/better but not sure how good an explanation that is.
yeah. don't write one.
seriously, i could score 10 points better on tuesday than i did on monday.

dm1683

Silver

Post by dm1683 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:28 pm

submitted at NYU and Columbia. No desire to go but I really want chicago $$$ or a darrow so it's useful to apply.

Silver

Post by AvatarMeelo » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:38 pm

My dreams of t14 w/ money just got shot with September so I'm pretty much at that point where I'll be more than happy to accepted off the waitlist and pay sticker - someone slap me into sanity pls

SopranoSaxophone

Bronze

Post by SopranoSaxophone » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:39 pm

Is there a board for Penn yet?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

sev

Bronze

Post by sev » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:25 pm

Whoops, almost forgot about this. I've taken a little more time to think through the specific wording...
SopranoSaxophone wrote:I'm specifically wondering about this portion of the caveats: -a first conviction for any of the following misdemeanors: drunkenness, simple assault, speeding, minor traffic violations, affray or disturbance of the peace; or

Does this mean first conviction of ANYTHING listed, or does the first offense apply to each subcategory listed? If I got a speeding ticket and later got a failure to signal ticket, assuming they are both misdemeanors, would only the speeding ticket be considered my "first" conviction? Which means I have to disclose the failure to yield.
I would assume that their intent is to elicit a yes response if you have more than one misdemeanor in all of those categories combined. I feel like they would want to know, for instance, if I had six misdemeanors (one in every category).
And assuming the failure to yield was less than five years ago, would this mean I ALSO need to disclose a speeding ticket that was more than five years ago? This seems to be one possible interpretation of: any misdemeanor conviction that occurred more than five years before your application for admission, unless you ...were convicted of any additional offense within the five year period.
I think the answer is also yes here. They use any twice, which tells me they intend for it to be as expansive as possible.

Platopus

Gold

Post by Platopus » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:31 pm

Last edited by Platopus on Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sev

Bronze

Post by sev » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:40 pm

Platopus wrote:Penn gets relatively little love around these parts for whatever reason.
My theory is that TLS attracts people who need to do well on the LSAT because we slacked off in college and Penn almost categorically hates low GPAs.

Platopus

Gold

Post by Platopus » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:45 pm

Last edited by Platopus on Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

amta

Platinum

Post by amta » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:46 pm

sev wrote:
Platopus wrote:Penn gets relatively little love around these parts for whatever reason.
My theory is that TLS attracts people who need to do well on the LSAT because we slacked off in college and Penn almost categorically hates low GPAs.
interesting theory.

SopranoSaxophone

Bronze

Post by SopranoSaxophone » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:15 pm

sev wrote:Whoops, almost forgot about this. I've taken a little more time to think through the specific wording...
SopranoSaxophone wrote:I'm specifically wondering about this portion of the caveats: -a first conviction for any of the following misdemeanors: drunkenness, simple assault, speeding, minor traffic violations, affray or disturbance of the peace; or

Does this mean first conviction of ANYTHING listed, or does the first offense apply to each subcategory listed? If I got a speeding ticket and later got a failure to signal ticket, assuming they are both misdemeanors, would only the speeding ticket be considered my "first" conviction? Which means I have to disclose the failure to yield.
I would assume that their intent is to elicit a yes response if you have more than one misdemeanor in all of those categories combined. I feel like they would want to know, for instance, if I had six misdemeanors (one in every category).
And assuming the failure to yield was less than five years ago, would this mean I ALSO need to disclose a speeding ticket that was more than five years ago? This seems to be one possible interpretation of: any misdemeanor conviction that occurred more than five years before your application for admission, unless you ...were convicted of any additional offense within the five year period.
I think the answer is also yes here. They use any twice, which tells me they intend for it to be as expansive as possible.
I appreciate all the advice! I took a deep dive into my state's statutes, and fortunately, traffic violations like speeding and failure to yield are not considered misdemeanors so I can just answer no to this C & F question. Super thankful.
Last edited by SopranoSaxophone on Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SopranoSaxophone

Bronze

Post by SopranoSaxophone » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:48 pm

Platopus wrote:
SopranoSaxophone wrote:Is there a board for Penn yet?
Nope. Penn gets relatively little love around these parts for whatever reason.
Double posting to say that Penn is in my Top 3 or 4. I actually like Philly.

andysimbi

Bronze

Post by andysimbi » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:07 pm

SopranoSaxophone wrote:
Platopus wrote:
SopranoSaxophone wrote:Is there a board for Penn yet?
Nope. Penn gets relatively little love around these parts for whatever reason.
Double posting to say that Penn is in my Top 3 or 4. I actually like Philly.
Yeah, Penn is Top 5 for me, I'd say. I visited unofficially a couple weekends ago and really liked it.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”