TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
DaydreamNation

Bronze

Re: TLS c/o 2021 Applicants Thread

Post by DaydreamNation » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:27 pm

Just submitted my twelfth and final app!

Ntp73821

Silver

Post by Ntp73821 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:29 pm

DaydreamNation wrote:Just submitted my twelfth and final app!
So proud of you :mrgreen:
Last edited by Ntp73821 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

heyduchess

Silver

Post by heyduchess » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:33 pm

KENYADIGG1T wrote:
rowdy wrote:
Ntp73821 wrote:Soooo, is there a way for someone else to take over this thread since Ex Engineer got his Dillard and vanished? We need a new poll :lol:
I suggest a "what do you want out of law" poll. Pick two: money, power, prestige, love, honor, security... Trying to think of more good options but you get the idea.
idk about love, but my pursuit of law school did introduce me to duchess soooooooooooooo
Heyyyy. Would’ve responded sooner but I was playing tennis with your future in-laws!

KENYADIGG1T

Bronze

Post by KENYADIGG1T » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:02 pm

heyduchess wrote:
KENYADIGG1T wrote:
rowdy wrote:
Ntp73821 wrote:Soooo, is there a way for someone else to take over this thread since Ex Engineer got his Dillard and vanished? We need a new poll :lol:
I suggest a "what do you want out of law" poll. Pick two: money, power, prestige, love, honor, security... Trying to think of more good options but you get the idea.
idk about love, but my pursuit of law school did introduce me to duchess soooooooooooooo
Heyyyy. Would’ve responded sooner but I was playing tennis with your future in-laws!
Let 'em know I said hi :wink:

mwells56

Silver

Post by mwells56 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:37 pm

So yesterday was a whirlwind of a day where within about 3-4 hours I got my first acceptance (WashU) and then got all my grades back and had my worst semester GPA of all college. So that's great.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

dietcoked

Bronze

Post by dietcoked » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:30 pm

Quick question!!

I realized I made a small(?) mistake on 3 of my applications (Wash U/Fordham/Vandy) that I've sent in already on my employment section of the application and the resume. For one activity, I said I did something from 9/2013-5/2013 when I did it from 9/2013-5/2014. Should I call and update or just pray they miss it? I do like all of the schools ~~ :oops:

dietcoked

Bronze

Post by dietcoked » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:31 pm

DaydreamNation wrote:Just submitted my twelfth and final app!
Woo!!! Congrats!!!!

Prudence

New

Post by Prudence » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:05 pm

dietcoked wrote:Quick question!!

I realized I made a small(?) mistake on 3 of my applications (Wash U/Fordham/Vandy) that I've sent in already on my employment section of the application and the resume. For one activity, I said I did something from 9/2013-5/2013 when I did it from 9/2013-5/2014. Should I call and update or just pray they miss it? I do like all of the schools ~~ :oops:
Why don’t you just send an updated resume to their admissions email

dietcoked

Bronze

Post by dietcoked » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:20 pm

Prudence wrote:
dietcoked wrote:Quick question!!

Why don’t you just send an updated resume to their admissions email
Good point! I just don’t want to call attention to a mistake they might not have noticed.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

jjdude14

Bronze

Post by jjdude14 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:46 pm

Submitted 3 apps this weekend for a total of 7. Slowly but surely getting through, I thought I’d have more time after the December test but alas, here we are. Might apply to 2-3 more, honestly all I want for Christmas is an LSAC gift card

of2273

New

Post by of2273 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:34 am

Does anyone know when law school admissions will be working again after Christmas? Is it typically in the new year?

Ntp73821

Silver

Post by Ntp73821 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:47 am

of2273 wrote:Does anyone know when law school admissions will be working again after Christmas? Is it typically in the new year?
Someone at Cornell told me they’d be back on January 2nd and I assume that’s a pretty standard time frame.
Last edited by Ntp73821 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prudence

New

Post by Prudence » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:11 am

Does anyone ever think why they didn’t want to be an accountant or a computer scientist or something? Even after being certain about law school for some time now the idea of actually going has me shook- i cant explain it haha but that quarter life crisis is kicking in for sure now that my apps are in

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:21 pm

Mikey wrote:Ok so quick question. I applied to a school already but not to any others. I have updated my personal statement and will update my resume soon as well. The resume I'm sure is cool to update but what do you guys think about sending them my updated PS? Good idea? bad idea? wouldn't matter at all it's a waste of time? Fuck it just send it in?
anyone? :(

the TLDR is: should I update a school with a revised PS or nah?

maybeman

Bronze

Post by maybeman » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:26 pm

Mikey wrote:
Mikey wrote:Ok so quick question. I applied to a school already but not to any others. I have updated my personal statement and will update my resume soon as well. The resume I'm sure is cool to update but what do you guys think about sending them my updated PS? Good idea? bad idea? wouldn't matter at all it's a waste of time? Fuck it just send it in?

My instinct is that it's normal and not a huge deal, although it's probably not worth it unless it changed to something really special

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:29 pm

maybeman wrote:
Mikey wrote:

My instinct is that it's normal and not a huge deal, although it's probably not worth it unless it changed to something really special
I basically completed changed up an entire paragraph and I think it's a lot better. it's only 2 schools I applied to wayyyyy earlier in the cycle, 1 of them has been reviewing my app and the other waited for my dec score.

maybeman

Bronze

Post by maybeman » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:47 pm

Mikey wrote:
maybeman wrote:
Mikey wrote:

I basically completed changed up an entire paragraph and I think it's a lot better. it's only 2 schools I applied to wayyyyy earlier in the cycle, 1 of them has been reviewing my app and the other waited for my dec score.
I think you're totally fine to update, especially for the school that told you they're waiting

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:50 pm

maybeman wrote:
Mikey wrote:
maybeman wrote:
Mikey wrote:

I think you're totally fine to update, especially for the school that told you they're waiting
Alright cool, thanks! :)

OtisRedding24

New

Post by OtisRedding24 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:52 pm

Any guesses when we might have some acceptances after the break? I’m waiting on Northwestern, Penn, and NYU.

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Post by Slippin' Jimmy » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:15 pm

Prudence wrote:Does anyone ever think why they didn’t want to be an accountant or a computer scientist or something? Even after being certain about law school for some time now the idea of actually going has me shook- i cant explain it haha but that quarter life crisis is kicking in for sure now that my apps are in
Yeah I'm feeling this hard. A couple weeks ago it really hit me that I'll be moving away from all my family and friends for at least 3 years (and possibly much, much longer) to one of around 7 cities. I have no idea where I'll be living in 7 months. What made it even worse is that my current job has been hinting that they want to bring me on full time after I graduate, and that I also have the opportunity to be a grad assistant and get my MBA for free at my TTT undergrad.

Pretty sure I'm going to law school but you're right, the fact that its finally becoming real has me shook.

Slippin' Jimmy

Silver

Post by Slippin' Jimmy » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:21 pm

OtisRedding24 wrote:Any guesses when we might have some acceptances after the break? I’m waiting on Northwestern, Penn, and NYU.
Hopefully soon. I'm waiting on Harvard, Columbia, Michigan, Northwestern and UCLA.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Prudence

New

Post by Prudence » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:52 pm

Slippin' Jimmy wrote: Yeah I'm feeling this hard. A couple weeks ago it really hit me that I'll be moving away from all my family and friends for at least 3 years (and possibly much, much longer) to one of around 7 cities. I have no idea where I'll be living in 7 months. What made it even worse is that my current job has been hinting that they want to bring me on full time after I graduate, and that I also have the opportunity to be a grad assistant and get my MBA for free at my TTT undergrad.

Pretty sure I'm going to law school but you're right, the fact that its finally becoming real has me shook.
Hahah relatable. I feel terrified i dont know where i will be this time next year. It’s exciting but also causing me anxiety for sure. Even though law is what I want to do, just making sure im not alone out here

Par0lEvid3nce

New

Post by Par0lEvid3nce » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:37 pm

Hi all!

I emailed my schools with a resume update and received automated responses stating the admission offices are closed until January 1, and will resume normal business hours on January 2nd. Just wanted to let everyone know January 2nd is the date! :D

wolfonlawstreet

Bronze

Post by wolfonlawstreet » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:04 am

Par0lEvid3nce wrote:Hi all!

I emailed my schools with a resume update and received automated responses stating the admission offices are closed until January 1, and will resume normal business hours on January 2nd. Just wanted to let everyone know January 2nd is the date! :D
Thanks for the update! Acceptances would be a great start to 2018!
Last edited by wolfonlawstreet on Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

kiklavan

Bronze

Post by kiklavan » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:33 pm

Anyone know the approximate earliest late Dec/early Jan applicants can expect to hear back?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”