NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (New Poll!) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What's your status?

Applicant Confirmed on Wait List
54%
UR 1
1%
UR 2
4%
DLS
1%
In off the WL!!
17%
Just here to point and laugh
24%

Total votes: 160

mjteh

New

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (New Poll!)

Post by mjteh » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:52 pm

DLS and in via ASW

34iplaw

Gold

Post by 34iplaw » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:17 pm

All today / mind messaging stats?

mjteh

New

Post by mjteh » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:27 pm

34iplaw wrote:All today / mind messaging stats?
Yeah, this all happened today. PM'ed you stats

schmem

New

Post by schmem » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:40 pm

mjteh wrote:
Hey, could you shoot me stats as well if you don't mind?

mjteh

New

Post by mjteh » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:45 pm

schmem wrote:
mjteh wrote:
Hey, could you shoot me stats as well if you don't mind?
Sure, no problem

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mjteh

New

Post by mjteh » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:25 pm

Just got the call - deposit deadline is July 5

skurfy

New

Post by skurfy » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:50 pm

Would also love a stats PM if you're not updating LSN - thanks in advance!

mjteh

New

Post by mjteh » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:10 pm

skurfy wrote:Would also love a stats PM if you're not updating LSN - thanks in advance!
PM'ed. I'll make an LSN account and update it cause I know it's helpful.

ckb614

New

Post by ckb614 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:00 pm

Got the call today as well. Anyone turning down good scholarships from T13s to pay sticker at NYU?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

jjcorvino

Silver

Post by jjcorvino » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:14 pm

Got the call (didn't answer because it was 1 am here). Saw I was in on email.

34iplaw

Gold

Post by 34iplaw » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:11 am

Congrats to all who got in. Any of you mind PMing stats that aren't on profile? Sorry for pestering. Just trying to get a feel on who they're taking right now.

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:05 am

Woke up to a myriad of emails from NYU (something like 6-8). And it took me a while to go through all of them. They didn't call maybe because I was out of the country.
Please PM for Stats. I think there is enough information for schools to figure out exactly who I am.

Motion22Step

New

Post by Motion22Step » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:18 am

Congrats to all who got the call/got in! Happy for u all

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

theembigg

New

Post by theembigg » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:18 am

so who here is also willing to ride this WL out to the bitter end and relocate if they get the call a week before classes start?? I'm going to keep clinging on to this WL until they toss me off like scar tossed mufasa.

schmem

New

Post by schmem » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:22 am

theembigg wrote:so who here is also willing to ride this WL out to the bitter end and relocate if they get the call a week before classes start?? I'm going to keep clinging on to this WL until they toss me off like scar tossed mufasa.
same

chewinggum

Bronze

Post by chewinggum » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:55 am

Could I jump on the PM bandwagon too?

Congrats to everyone!

thehours

New

Post by thehours » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:44 pm

schmem wrote:
theembigg wrote:so who here is also willing to ride this WL out to the bitter end and relocate if they get the call a week before classes start?? I'm going to keep clinging on to this WL until they toss me off like scar tossed mufasa.
same
same

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

haley12

Silver

Post by haley12 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:22 pm

thehours wrote:
schmem wrote:
same
same
i'd definitely consider it. depends on money/ housing... can't imagine it'd be easy to find somewhere in NYC last minute

34iplaw

Gold

Post by 34iplaw » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:25 pm

haley12 wrote:
thehours wrote:
schmem wrote:
same
same
i'd definitely consider it. depends on money/ housing... can't imagine it'd be easy to find somewhere in NYC last minute
Should be fine. NYC has a pretty short rent horizon as far as I know. You may have to make some sacrifices cost, size, and/or location wise.

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:51 pm

34iplaw wrote:
haley12 wrote:
thehours wrote:
schmem wrote:
same
same
Should be fine. NYC has a pretty short rent horizon as far as I know. You may have to make some sacrifices cost, size, and/or location wise.
You can always live in dorms. From my encounters with law school housing, they said as long as you're accommodating, they will find a place for you. By accommodating, I think they mean willing to share bathrooms and kitchens with other law students.

34iplaw

Gold

Post by 34iplaw » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:03 pm

melmelcoolj wrote:
34iplaw wrote:
haley12 wrote:
thehours wrote:
schmem wrote:
same
same
You can always live in dorms. From my encounters with law school housing, they said as long as you're accommodating, they will find a place for you. By accommodating, I think they mean willing to share bathrooms and kitchens with other law students.
Oh yeah I remember the housing people saying as much for NYU. NYU housing seems kind of overpriced for what it is.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:42 pm

34iplaw wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:
34iplaw wrote:
haley12 wrote:
thehours wrote:
schmem wrote:
same
same
Oh yeah I remember the housing people saying as much for NYU. NYU housing seems kind of overpriced for what it is.
Is that the case? I thought Greenwich Village is just super expensive. I think the couples' housing seems really overpriced, but the shared private rooms are sort of okay. I've looked at some buildings without amenities and doorman, and they cost 1600-1800 for a room, too.

34iplaw

Gold

Post by 34iplaw » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:06 am

melmelcoolj wrote: Is that the case? I thought Greenwich Village is just super expensive. I think the couples' housing seems really overpriced, but the shared private rooms are sort of okay. I've looked at some buildings without amenities and doorman, and they cost 1600-1800 for a room, too.
It is a really expensive area. IIRC, the shared private rooms are super tiny compared to what one might find elsewhere. I'd have to double check but they seemed to be fairly unappealing to me if I recall correctly.

theembigg

New

Post by theembigg » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:23 am

melmelcoolj wrote:
Is that the case? I thought Greenwich Village is just super expensive. I think the couples' housing seems really overpriced, but the shared private rooms are sort of okay. I've looked at some buildings without amenities and doorman, and they cost 1600-1800 for a room, too.
NYU housing is overpriced compared to Columbia, which heavily subsidizes housing. But compared to the surrounding area of Washington Sq, NYU housing is competitive/cheaper. That being said, the Washington Sq area is prohibitively expensive, even for tiny studios. So while it's not overpriced for the area, it will price out most people. The upside is that Washington Sq. is very easily accessed by subway from pretty much everywhere in NYC, so you don't have to limit your search to that moneybags area alone.

skurfy

New

Post by skurfy » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:09 pm

Should we expect movement in the next week? Last deposit deadline was July 5th*

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”