NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (New Poll!) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What's your status?

Applicant Confirmed on Wait List
54%
UR 1
1%
UR 2
4%
DLS
1%
In off the WL!!
17%
Just here to point and laugh
24%

Total votes: 160

soul-cycle

New

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (New Poll!)

Post by soul-cycle » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:24 pm

For those that went UR without a feeler email: Do you think not getting the feeler email holds any significance? Or do they already assume we are committed to attending through our LOCIs?

mjteh

New

Post by mjteh » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:39 pm

soul-cycle wrote:For those that went UR without a feeler email: Do you think not getting the feeler email holds any significance? Or do they already assume we are committed to attending through our LOCIs?
Don't know. I committed to attending in my LOCI.

NotAGolfer

Silver

Post by NotAGolfer » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:55 pm

soul-cycle wrote:For those that went UR without a feeler email: Do you think not getting the feeler email holds any significance? Or do they already assume we are committed to attending through our LOCIs?
It looks like past waves received the feeler email after going UR, so fingers crossed we'll be receiving them before the end of the week

Hi-So - ArshavinFan

Bronze

Post by Hi-So - ArshavinFan » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:58 pm

NotAGolfer wrote:
It looks like past waves received the feeler email after going UR, so fingers crossed we'll be receiving them before the end of the week
Uhh not true ( in my case). I got my feeler. The day after i replied i went UR

ckb614

New

Post by ckb614 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:11 pm

I'm trying not to think about it because it's going to be a really hard and potentially extremely expensive decision if I get in.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

NotAGolfer

Silver

Post by NotAGolfer » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:15 pm

Hi-So - ArshavinFan wrote:
NotAGolfer wrote:
Uhh not true ( in my case). I got my feeler. The day after i replied i went UR
I stand corrected. I was just going by what was reported on this thread previously.

thehours

New

Post by thehours » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:30 pm

Any other still-ACWL people spend all day checking status checker in case today was day 2 of a two-day UR change? :cry:

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:46 pm

There should be a feeler email? Shivers. I committed to attending in a recent LOCI, though. And that LOCI was three sentence long, basically saying my name, LSAC No. and "I would attend if accepted." Now I'm super paranoid, and think the only reason I went UR is because NYU wants to release me from their waitlist.

Zipman

New

Post by Zipman » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:03 pm

melmelcoolj wrote:
There should be a feeler email? Shivers. I committed to attending in a recent LOCI, though. And that LOCI was three sentence long, basically saying my name, LSAC No. and "I would attend if accepted." Now I'm super paranoid, and think the only reason I went UR is because NYU wants to release me from their waitlist.
Historically everyone who has gone UR has been accepted, I think it's pretty much unambiguously a good sign!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:30 pm

Zipman wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:
Historically everyone who has gone UR has been accepted, I think it's pretty much unambiguously a good sign!
Thanks Zipman for the encouragement. Maybe it's just they already read my LOCIs, and did not deem it necessary.

onepost

New

Post by onepost » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:02 pm

I went UR yesterday. Today went back to ACWL (6/16). So... Also, for you all also waitlisted at Penn, met with them today and they said they will be making a few offers. I know this isn't the right thread, but my name is my name.

haley12

Silver

Post by haley12 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:05 pm

onepost wrote:I went UR yesterday. Today went back to ACWL (6/16). So... Also, for you all also waitlisted at Penn, met with them today and they said they will be making a few offers. I know this isn't the right thread, but my name is my name.
Wow, that's so odd that you would change back! And lol re: username

34iplaw

Gold

Post by 34iplaw » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:42 am

onepost wrote:they said they will be making a few offers.
PPP

PS does it make sense as a short email to shoot...

Dear X,

As a brief update, I have recently deposited at Y to demonstrate at least one peer school seems me to not be a total waste of a seat. School x remains my top choice and I would readily commit to attend if accepted.

Regards,
Z

Or we just skip over the deposit at some peeresque school. For schools depleted of merit aid, would it make sense to mention that you're okay with that or nahhh

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:44 am

onepost wrote:I went UR yesterday. Today went back to ACWL (6/16). So... Also, for you all also waitlisted at Penn, met with them today and they said they will be making a few offers. I know this isn't the right thread, but my name is my name.
I actually went to my NYU profile and frantically tried to log in. So relieved to find out that I've not been switched back to ACWL. It's still sitting at UR 6/14. How many URs do we have to go through to be accepted?

ckb614

New

Post by ckb614 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:37 pm

Feeler email today

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:48 pm

ckb614 wrote:Feeler email today
Me too. Can't believe it took them 6 days to go from UR to feeler email. How long does it take to go from feeler to acceptance?

ktgjoon

New

Post by ktgjoon » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:54 pm

melmelcoolj wrote:
Me too. Can't believe it took them 6 days to go from UR to feeler email. How long does it take to go from feeler to acceptance?
congrats you guys :) very happy for you (and very envious)!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

mjteh

New

Post by mjteh » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:20 pm

melmelcoolj wrote:
Usually the day after their response deadline, so we'll probably hear back on Thursday

mtf612

Bronze

Post by mtf612 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:20 pm

I guess I should give up on the NYU dream? Still Acwl 5/1 and never received a feeler email. Above both medians. Blah.

jessmeesh

Bronze

Post by jessmeesh » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:23 pm

mtf612 wrote:I guess I should give up on the NYU dream? Still Acwl 5/1 and never received a feeler email. Above both medians. Blah.

Since the wave that just got the feeler email will likely have a deposit deadline right at the end of June or beginning of july, I'm finally looking for housing for my backup school. Just gotta chug on.

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:44 pm

ktgjoon wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:
congrats you guys :) very happy for you (and very envious)!
Thanks ktgjoon! I don't think they are done yet! Hang in there, and you might be in the next wave!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

charles117

Bronze

Post by charles117 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:13 pm

mtf612 wrote:I guess I should give up on the NYU dream? Still Acwl 5/1 and never received a feeler email. Above both medians. Blah.
i wouldnt give up hope, but I also wouldnt hold my breath for an acceptance either

HalloDer

New

Post by HalloDer » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:07 pm

Did those who replied to the feeler receive a confirmation?

mjteh

New

Post by mjteh » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:22 pm

HalloDer wrote:Did those who replied to the feeler receive a confirmation?
Nope

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:49 am

mjteh wrote:
HalloDer wrote:Did those who replied to the feeler receive a confirmation?
Nope
Nope. Fingers crossed for an acceptance this Thursday!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”