NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (New Poll!) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

What's your status?

Applicant Confirmed on Wait List
54%
UR 1
1%
UR 2
4%
DLS
1%
In off the WL!!
17%
Just here to point and laugh
24%

Total votes: 160

Stephylynette

Bronze

Re: NYU c/o 2020 -- WAIT LIST (New Poll!)

Post by Stephylynette » Tue May 16, 2017 12:25 pm

Keilz wrote:DLS and ASW for me too! So incredibly happy and relieved.

169/3.7x

Applied in October.

I wrote an ecstatic why NYU with my initial app that told them they were my first choice, then sent a LOCI in mid-late March restating they were my first choice and gave them a personal reason as well. Didn't send anything post WL
Congrats Keilz! So happy for you!! :D

Motion22Step

New

Post by Motion22Step » Tue May 16, 2017 12:25 pm

sittykitty wrote:
Goobze wrote:
sittykitty wrote:DLS but no ASW access yet.
ASW is working for me
Just checked again and it's working holy shit is this happening
Yeah can someone pinch me :shock: Im like in disbelief

Goobze

New

Post by Goobze » Tue May 16, 2017 12:36 pm

34iplaw wrote:Anyone mind hooking up with some stats / other pertinent info?
We can also "slide into the DMs" as the youngsters say.
LSAT 173
GPA 3.69
UR 5/5, 5/8
Feeler 5/10
DLS/ASW 5/16

Applied in November. Sent an LOCI sometime in march. Hadn't updated anything else yet (I threw some accomplishments into the LOCI tho).

Am I missing anything?

airwrecka

Silver

Post by airwrecka » Tue May 16, 2017 12:37 pm

Stephylynette wrote:

169/3.7x

Applied in October.

I wrote an ecstatic why NYU with my initial app that told them they were my first choice, then sent a LOCI in mid-late March restating they were my first choice and gave them a personal reason as well. Didn't send anything post WL
YESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm actually freaking out with excitement for you right now!!!

Keilz

Gold

Post by Keilz » Tue May 16, 2017 12:39 pm

airwrecka wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:

169/3.7x

Applied in October.

YESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you to everyone!!!!! And yay airwrecka we'll be classmates!!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

airwrecka

Silver

Post by airwrecka » Tue May 16, 2017 12:42 pm

Keilz wrote:
airwrecka wrote:
Stephylynette wrote:

169/3.7x

Applied in October.

YESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you to everyone!!!!! And yay airwrecka we'll be classmates!!
*dancing and confetti emojis*

Bronze

Post by 88234 » Tue May 16, 2017 12:42 pm

Let the trickle-down begin!

sittykitty

Bronze

Post by sittykitty » Tue May 16, 2017 12:45 pm

Just got the call ahhhhhhhhhh now it's real :D :D :D

34iplaw

Gold

Post by 34iplaw » Tue May 16, 2017 12:46 pm

Goobze wrote:.
Nope! that's great - I appreciate it a ton! I'm not sure whether you're set on NYU or holding out for H or CLS or something, but best of luck and congratulations!

Everyone else: Are feelers essentially prerequisites to being DLS it seems? (aka I can ignore my status checker for the time being?) Also, congrats again.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

jazzybean

New

Post by jazzybean » Tue May 16, 2017 12:46 pm

Just got the call!

UR 5/5, 5/8
Feeler 5/10
DLS/ASW 5/16

166, 3.9X

New

Post by 41262 » Tue May 16, 2017 12:52 pm

Last edited by 41262 on Thu May 18, 2017 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Keilz

Gold

Post by Keilz » Tue May 16, 2017 12:53 pm

34iplaw wrote:
Nope! that's great - I appreciate it a ton! I'm not sure whether you're set on NYU or holding out for H or CLS or something, but best of luck and congratulations!

Everyone else: Are feelers essentially prerequisites to being DLS it seems? (aka I can ignore my status checker for the time being?) Also, congrats again.
It seems like it's going UR1,UR2, feeler, DLS

sorence

Bronze

Post by sorence » Tue May 16, 2017 1:00 pm

Just got the call on my end! I can't believe this is happening!!
Future readers: they gave me about a week and a half to decide (5/26).
I'm over the moon right now! ...now if anyone has any tips on moving a cat across the country, I'm all ears!

175+ LSAT, 3.1x GPA.
Waitlisted 4/26
ACWL 5/1
UR 5/5, 5/9
DLS 5/16
Last edited by sorence on Thu May 18, 2017 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jessmeesh

Bronze

Post by jessmeesh » Tue May 16, 2017 1:05 pm

sorence wrote:now if anyone has any tips on moving a cat across the country, I'm all ears!

I'm (hopefully) moving cross country with my cat, so I've been doing a lot of research. Personally I think I'm going to fly with her. It's only $100 more on most carriers and they can stay in the cabin with you. A 12+ hour drive in the car very well may kill her - so i'll be sending my stuff in a Pod type thing ahead of me. I'm going to go to the vet and ask about sedative for the flight.

34iplaw

Gold

Post by 34iplaw » Tue May 16, 2017 1:06 pm

sorence wrote:.
Congrats and thanks for info. Are you still waiting on any schools like CLS?

Get someone to write a note saying the cat is an ESA and fly JetBlue for free (not sure how this works anymore... my brother used to fly cross country a lot with his bulldog and would not be charged.) Alternatively, fly JetBlue and pay the $100 fee to fly with your cat. You may want an ESA note for the purpose of apartment hunting too... it's not quite the same as a service animal, but I have some friends that seem to say it has helped. That said, it would be best to only do this if one actually suffers from some form of emotional disorder or predisposition, but I'm not here to judge on that front.

eck456

Bronze

Post by eck456 » Tue May 16, 2017 1:07 pm

jessmeesh wrote:
sorence wrote:now if anyone has any tips on moving a cat across the country, I'm all ears!

I'm (hopefully) moving cross country with my cat, so I've been doing a lot of research. Personally I think I'm going to fly with her. It's only $100 more on most carriers and they can stay in the cabin with you. A 12+ hour drive in the car very well may kill her - so i'll be sending my stuff in a Pod type thing ahead of me. I'm going to go to the vet and ask about sedative for the flight.
We did this with the puppy moving from sf this year to Boston...wasn't easy but we all made it! If you want advice on the pet carrier we used that she loves (ok, tolerates) feel free to PM. Also jet blue jet with your pet lets you buy the ticket with your own, so you don't have to worry about buying yourself a seat and then not having one available for the cat

sorence

Bronze

Post by sorence » Tue May 16, 2017 1:15 pm

jessmeesh wrote:

Thanks for the info! That's in line with what I had in mind so I'm glad I'm on the right path :) I'm wondering how willing vets are to prescribe the sedatives for flights (esp. since I'm not connected to a vet in my area right now) but I'll explore that route because my boy will probably need it.
34iplaw wrote:
sorence wrote:.
Congrats and thanks for info. Are you still waiting on any schools like CLS?

Get someone to write a note saying the cat is an ESA and fly JetBlue for free (not sure how this works anymore... my brother used to fly cross country a lot with his bulldog and would not be charged.) Alternatively, fly JetBlue and pay the $100 fee to fly with your cat. You may want an ESA note for the purpose of apartment hunting too... it's not quite the same as a service animal, but I have some friends that seem to say it has helped. That said, it would be best to only do this if one actually suffers from some form of emotional disorder or predisposition, but I'm not here to judge on that front.
With this acceptance I'm going to withdraw from most (if not all) of my waitlists :) I'll definitely look into JetBlue advice! Sounds like that's the company to fly with your pets on!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

jessmeesh

Bronze

Post by jessmeesh » Tue May 16, 2017 1:30 pm

Thanks for the info! That's in line with what I had in mind so I'm glad I'm on the right path :) I'm wondering how willing vets are to prescribe the sedatives for flights (esp. since I'm not connected to a vet in my area right now) but I'll explore that route because my boy will probably need it.
My girl already has a xanax prescription for anxiety. It was prescribed to her the first time I took her in for a checkup and talked about how she was having peeing issues and conflict with my other cat. I don't think vets are usually too suspicious about it. But, if it really comes down to it, most medicines are the same for humans and cats and there are various non-prescription options available too.

Anon.y.mousse.

Silver

Post by Anon.y.mousse. » Tue May 16, 2017 1:32 pm

169/3.7x

Applied in October.

congrats! so so happy for you. long overdue, but i'm glad it ultimately worked out :D

Goobze

New

Post by Goobze » Tue May 16, 2017 1:35 pm

34iplaw wrote:

Dinged at H, I'll probably stay on CLS waitlist even though I'm 98% sure I'd stick with NYU anyway. Thanks!

Regarding the feelers, this year there have been two people who got admitted off the waitlist without emails. One had sent in an LOCI the night before UR2, and the other had told NYU he needed an answer by a deadline. There have also been people in past years that got in without feelers, but for the most part it seems like they're a prereq for DLS and they come after UR2.

(I think)

Leliana

Bronze

Post by Leliana » Tue May 16, 2017 1:37 pm

169/3.7x

Applied in October.

CONGRATS!!! So so so happy for you!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Instrumental

Silver

Post by Instrumental » Tue May 16, 2017 1:47 pm

Whoa, went out this morning and came back to a wave of admits. Congrats y'all!

blackbetty92

New

Post by blackbetty92 » Tue May 16, 2017 1:53 pm

went DLS this morning, ASW worked about an hour later, and just now got an email (???) congratulating me and telling me my letter of admission was on its way! no phone call though-- anyone else hear this way?

fwiw 167/3.8, applied in December, no LOCI or visit, non-URM, non-KJD.

jessmeesh

Bronze

Post by jessmeesh » Tue May 16, 2017 1:58 pm

blackbetty92 wrote:went DLS this morning, ASW worked about an hour later, and just now got an email (???) congratulating me and telling me my letter of admission was on its way! no phone call though-- anyone else hear this way?

Are you outside the US? Seems common for international applicants to get an email.

Goobze

New

Post by Goobze » Tue May 16, 2017 2:06 pm

blackbetty92 wrote:went DLS this morning, ASW worked about an hour later, and just now got an email (???) congratulating me and telling me my letter of admission was on its way! no phone call though-- anyone else hear this way?

Yup, and I'm NY based.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”