Stanford WAITLIST c/o 2020 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Whittie

Bronze

Re: Stanford WAITLIST c/o 2020

Post by Whittie » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:29 pm

dyebri wrote:
Whittie wrote:
dyebri wrote:
Whittie wrote:Extremely happy to report that I also got the call today, and will likely attend.

Congrats. Where were you going to attend
Harvard
Congrats!! Can I ask what made you lean toward Stanford over Harvard
Stanford has always been the holy grail for me. I did my undergrad on the west coast, spent a lot of time surfing/mountaineering/hiking, and love the professor contact that comes with a small school. I plan to live in Northern California after school, and Stanford allows me to build ties that look credible to potential employers.

Whittie

Bronze

Post by Whittie » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:30 pm

Smc1994 wrote:
Whittie wrote:Extremely happy to report that I also got the call today, and will likely attend.

Congrats dude!
Thanks Smc!

notsonotorious

Bronze

Post by notsonotorious » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:05 am

HonestlyThough wrote:Unsure of my decision, but will likely still attend Harvard. It's a tough decision. Need to ask some questions.
Great place to be in, either way. Curious - how much time did they give you to decide?

catalina559

New

Post by catalina559 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:12 am

notsonotorious wrote:
HonestlyThough wrote:Unsure of my decision, but will likely still attend Harvard. It's a tough decision. Need to ask some questions.
Great place to be in, either way. Curious - how much time did they give you to decide?
+1 Also, did you submit your financial info after being admitted, or before?

spaceman

New

Post by spaceman » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:25 pm

another person got accepted off the wl yesterday according to lsn. 175/3.8

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

StanfordHopeful17

New

Post by StanfordHopeful17 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:52 pm

Looks like they may be prioritizing high LSAT scores for accepting people off the waitlist?

Smc1994

Silver

Post by Smc1994 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:31 pm

Can we get a facebook update?

Halfcooked

New

Post by Halfcooked » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:15 pm

I have a friend that was accepted off the waitlist two days ago. Just fyi for people still hoping. There appears to be some movement still occurring. Best of luck to everyone.

dyebri

Bronze

Post by dyebri » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:37 pm

Halfcooked wrote:I have a friend that was accepted off the waitlist two days ago. Just fyi for people still hoping. There appears to be some movement still occurring. Best of luck to everyone.

whose you're friend...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

bartlettadmin

Bronze

Post by bartlettadmin » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:53 pm

dyebri wrote:
Halfcooked wrote:I have a friend that was accepted off the waitlist two days ago. Just fyi for people still hoping. There appears to be some movement still occurring. Best of luck to everyone.

whose you're friend...
Yeah every time I see one of these "my X got in" I wonder why that person isn't the one announcing it. Not saying it's not true or anything. Just weird. But congrats to your friend.

Fratticus

New

Post by Fratticus » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:17 pm

Long time lurker here. Just made an account for the sake of giving back and updating folks. I got a call from Dean Deal and was admitted on Tuesday in the late afternoon. So, movement is still occurring.

bartlettadmin

Bronze

Post by bartlettadmin » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:40 pm

This should be comforting but it's actually just making me stress more. I had determined there was zero chance there would be any more acceptances and now here I am panicked all over again.

notorious_mig

Bronze

Post by notorious_mig » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:43 pm

Fratticus wrote:Long time lurker here. Just made an account for the sake of giving back and updating folks. I got a call from Dean Deal and was admitted on Tuesday in the late afternoon. So, movement is still occurring.
hiiiiii thank u and CONGRATS could I trouble you for your stats? Slash where were you committed to before you got the call? Are you going to SLS now? Sorry for the many questions

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Fratticus

New

Post by Fratticus » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:53 pm

notorious_mig wrote:
Fratticus wrote:Long time lurker here. Just made an account for the sake of giving back and updating folks. I got a call from Dean Deal and was admitted on Tuesday in the late afternoon. So, movement is still occurring.
hiiiiii thank u and CONGRATS could I trouble you for your stats? Slash where were you committed to before you got the call? Are you going to SLS now? Sorry for the many questions
4.03/170. I was committed to NYU and have decided to take the offer to attend SLS.

notorious_mig

Bronze

Post by notorious_mig » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:29 am

Fratticus wrote:
notorious_mig wrote:
4.03/170. I was committed to NYU and have decided to take the offer to attend SLS.
Ahhh that's awesome! Congratulations, I hope I get to see you in Palo Alto in the fall!

bartlettadmin

Bronze

Post by bartlettadmin » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:09 pm

Is it more or less accepted that today would be the last realistic day to get a response if we were going to receive one?

dyebri

Bronze

Post by dyebri » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:37 pm

bartlettadmin wrote:Is it more or less accepted that today would be the last realistic day to get a response if we were going to receive one?

Looks like it :(

I would give up my Chicago ruby for here

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

plimpton

New

Post by plimpton » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:14 pm

bartlettadmin wrote:Is it more or less accepted that today would be the last realistic day to get a response if we were going to receive one?
Why is it more or less accepted? I thought they took people off here and there throughout July as well?

charles117

Bronze

Post by charles117 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:39 pm

why

bartlettadmin

Bronze

Post by bartlettadmin » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:56 pm

charles117 wrote:
why
Y'all I didn't say it was. I asked if it was. Because it's getting late into the summer. It was a a question.

bearedman8

Bronze

Post by bearedman8 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:02 pm

Last edited by bearedman8 on Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Halfcooked

New

Post by Halfcooked » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:42 pm

bartlettadmin wrote:
dyebri wrote:

whose you're friend...
Yeah every time I see one of these "my X got in" I wonder why that person isn't the one announcing it. Not saying it's not true or anything. Just weird. But congrats to your friend.
My friend did eventually post: Fratticus. I wasn't sure he would post here since he wasn't a registered user. He registered just to inform you all so you knew whats going on. It isn't weird for someone to reach out to help others, but I suppose if you think that to be the case you may not be the kind that does that sort of thing. I have no dog in the race; I am not on Stanford's waitlist. I was just trying to impart some hope to others as I know how it goes being on a waitlist and wishing to get in.

dyebri

Bronze

Post by dyebri » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:15 pm

Halfcooked wrote:
bartlettadmin wrote:
dyebri wrote:

whose you're friend...
My friend did eventually post: Fratticus. I wasn't sure he would post here since he wasn't a registered user. He registered just to inform you all so you knew whats going on. It isn't weird for someone to reach out to help others, but I suppose if you think that to be the case you may not be the kind that does that sort of thing. I have no dog in the race; I am not on Stanford's waitlist. I was just trying to impart some hope to others as I know how it goes being on a waitlist and wishing to get in.

Fratticus is a great username. Why didn't he reister from day one and let us enjoy that name from the beggining of the cycle

HonestlyThough

Bronze

Post by HonestlyThough » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:36 pm

catalina559 wrote:
notsonotorious wrote:
+1 Also, did you submit your financial info after being admitted, or before?
They evaluated FIn Aid in the days after I was admitted (they already had my CSS profile)

They gave me a week to decide

msperception

New

Post by msperception » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:37 am

Any updates? Worth it to send a hail mary sign of interest?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”