George Washington c/o 2020 Waitlisted Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
k8e260

New

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Waitlisted Applicants

Post by k8e260 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:56 am

Thanks everyone! In all honesty, I love GW and would have said yes in a heart beat if they had offered me full time but I'm not sure if I can do part time (all the classes are nights/weekends, loans will be more difficult to get, etc.)... it's really heartbreaking because I want to go there so much but for me part time doesn't make sense financially

I have been going back and forth with admissions arms they have told me that there are no spaces for full time available- short of a miracle- :( sorry for the bad news... but they may accept part time people (I'm not sure if/how many spaces are available) after Friday- the commitment deadline they gave me

Charlie802

Bronze

Post by Charlie802 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:59 pm

k8e260 wrote:Thanks everyone! In all honesty, I love GW and would have said yes in a heart beat if they had offered me full time but I'm not sure if I can do part time (all the classes are nights/weekends, loans will be more difficult to get, etc.)... it's really heartbreaking because I want to go there so much but for me part time doesn't make sense financially

I have been going back and forth with admissions arms they have told me that there are no spaces for full time available- short of a miracle- :( sorry for the bad news... but they may accept part time people (I'm not sure if/how many spaces are available) after Friday- the commitment deadline they gave me
Thanks for the update. Doesn't sound too promising. I don't want part time...Guess I better start my lsat prep now... GW breaking hearts left and right today...

tparty

Bronze

Post by tparty » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:43 pm

travises wrote:Hey everyone, I've been silently reading the thread off and on since February when I got wait listed. After getting wait listed I sent in 2 extra letters of rec (one from an alum), but didn't re take the LSAT or do anything else to drastically improve my application. I got the selective email back in April and the follow-up on June 15. I then also got an email last Friday asking if I would consider part-time status. I responded this morning that I only wanted to be considered for full-time and that I needed to have an answer by Friday because I had a deadline for my housing at the other school I would've attended (Emory). Within a few hours I got a response saying I would have an answer by tomorrow, but that "unfortunately, scholarship funds are depleted though you could still apply for need-based grants." A few hours after that I got an email that I was accepted. Since most of you are probably on a time-crunch like me, might be okay to send them an email asking for a decision by a certain day since they didn't seem to have a problem getting me an answer quickly. With that said, if you're hoping for scholarship money it doesn't look like theres much or any left for this cycle. Hope this helps someone a little, and good luck to everyone! Hope you all end up on campus in the fall.
Were you accepted for full-time? Congrats!

travises

New

Post by travises » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:49 pm

tparty wrote:
travises wrote:Hey everyone, I've been silently reading the thread off and on since February when I got wait listed. After getting wait listed I sent in 2 extra letters of rec (one from an alum), but didn't re take the LSAT or do anything else to drastically improve my application. I got the selective email back in April and the follow-up on June 15. I then also got an email last Friday asking if I would consider part-time status. I responded this morning that I only wanted to be considered for full-time and that I needed to have an answer by Friday because I had a deadline for my housing at the other school I would've attended (Emory). Within a few hours I got a response saying I would have an answer by tomorrow, but that "unfortunately, scholarship funds are depleted though you could still apply for need-based grants." A few hours after that I got an email that I was accepted. Since most of you are probably on a time-crunch like me, might be okay to send them an email asking for a decision by a certain day since they didn't seem to have a problem getting me an answer quickly. With that said, if you're hoping for scholarship money it doesn't look like theres much or any left for this cycle. Hope this helps someone a little, and good luck to everyone! Hope you all end up on campus in the fall.
Were you accepted for full-time? Congrats!
I was, thank you!

Charlie802

Bronze

Post by Charlie802 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:18 pm

Sent another email to admissions asking for an update. . . I will let you all know what their reply is.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

tparty

Bronze

Post by tparty » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:11 pm

Charlie802 wrote:Sent another email to admissions asking for an update. . . I will let you all know what their reply is.
Anything?

Charlie802

Bronze

Post by Charlie802 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:26 pm

tparty wrote:
Charlie802 wrote:Sent another email to admissions asking for an update. . . I will let you all know what their reply is.
Anything?
NOTHING...!

Charlie802

Bronze

Post by Charlie802 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:47 am

Any updates??

Charlie802

Bronze

Post by Charlie802 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:45 pm

I was just accepted part time!!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

k8e260

New

Post by k8e260 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:54 pm

Charlie802 wrote:I was just accepted part time!!
Congrats! Are you going to accept?

tparty

Bronze

Post by tparty » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:20 pm

No way!!! Congratulations!!

Charlie802

Bronze

Post by Charlie802 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:47 pm

k8e260 wrote:
Yes I am!! Better use of my time than staying in my tiny state and retaking the lsat. So GW here I come! They said I can transfer to full time after my first semester and graduate in 3 so not too bad of a deal. I'll take the max 11 credits and make up criminal law however they let us do that. Evening classes are fine, I'm not a morning person anyway. :)

k8e260

New

Post by k8e260 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:00 pm

Charlie802 wrote:
k8e260 wrote:
Yes I am!! Better use of my time than staying in my tiny state and retaking the lsat. So GW here I come! They said I can transfer to full time after my first semester and graduate in 3 so not too bad of a deal. I'll take the max 11 credits and make up criminal law however they let us do that. Evening classes are fine, I'm not a morning person anyway. :)
That's awesome it worked out for you!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Jonesy2020

New

Post by Jonesy2020 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:55 pm

Just notified admissions I'd be going elsewhere. Hopefully someone here gets my spot and $$$.

Best wishes to you all!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”