George Washington c/o 2020 Waitlisted Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
wegotthis

New

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Waitlisted Applicants

Post by wegotthis » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:16 pm

tparty wrote:
kaptainkeepa wrote:
tparty wrote:
wegotthis wrote:
k8e260 wrote:Also I'm confused because it seems like a lot of people dropped from what I've seen here....
Yeah that "our class is stable" thing sounds so sketch to me from what we've seen here
Do you all think that offers could be made in the next few weeks or should we not expect anything until after July 1st?
I'm wondering the same thing. I find it hard to believe that they have absolutely no spaces since the June 1st deposit but :?:
Same! Was this past email selective? Did anyone get the "you are among a select group of students"- I didn't but since they started releasing people....
I got the original selective e-mail that was sent in April and last week I got the e-mail about possible seats being available after July 1. I think that email was also selective because (as someone posted on this thread) they sent some waitlist rejections at the same time[/quote]

Same, I wonder if they sent out the select group email (I guess we won't know though)[/quote]

My opinion, maybe the backing got you onto the waitlist - which is awesome - but I'm not sure if it's going to be a big factor into getting you off. I have a low LSAT score but a high GPA (reverse-splitter) and I was pleasantly surprised to get waitlisted too. I think we've all done the LOCI thing and accomplished different things since we've applied (I applied in October and have done quite a lot since) but only a few of the people in this thread have gotten an acceptance since. I think now it's just about their class sizes, demographics, and whichever numbers they need more of (i.e. high LSAT vs high GPA) and not about who they know :/[/quote]

I was also a reverse splitter but I applied in early January and got accepted late January. I withdraw my acceptance for another school but I have to admit, being a reverse splitter this year seemed to work out in my favor. Just my opinion. Is this your first year applying? What other schools are you considering?[/quote]

------------- (not sure why the quoting thing on this thread is acting up)
I wish I was that lucky. I applied Early Binding in October and was placed on the waitlist in January. My softs are very strong - work experience, awards, honors, personal statement, GPA, etc. This is my first year applying and I just graduated undergrad in May. I've been accepted to AU and I'm waitlisted at W&M.[/quote]

wegotthis

New

Post by wegotthis » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:17 pm

k8e260 wrote:
wegotthis wrote:
k8e260 wrote:Also I'm confused because it seems like a lot of people dropped from what I've seen here....
Yeah that "our class is stable" thing sounds so sketch to me from what we've seen here
Do you all think that offers could be made in the next few weeks or should we not expect anything until after July 1st?
I'm wondering the same thing. I find it hard to believe that they have absolutely no spaces since the June 1st deposit but :?:[/quote]

Same! Was this past email selective? Did anyone get the "you are among a select group of students"- I didn't but since they started releasing people....[/quote]

I got the original selective e-mail that was sent in April and last week I got the e-mail about possible seats being available after July 1. I think that email was also selective because (as someone posted on this thread) they sent some waitlist rejections at the same time[/quote]

Same, I wonder if they sent out the select group email (I guess we won't know though)[/quote]

Is this at GW?[/quote]

wegotthis

New

Post by wegotthis » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:18 pm

tparty wrote:
wegotthis wrote:
I'm wondering the same thing. I find it hard to believe that they have absolutely no spaces since the June 1st deposit but :?:[/quote]

Same! Was this past email selective? Did anyone get the "you are among a select group of students"- I didn't but since they started releasing people....[/quote]

My opinion, maybe the backing got you onto the waitlist - which is awesome - but I'm not sure if it's going to be a big factor into getting you off. I have a low LSAT score but a high GPA (reverse-splitter) and I was pleasantly surprised to get waitlisted too. I think we've all done the LOCI thing and accomplished different things since we've applied (I applied in October and have done quite a lot since) but only a few of the people in this thread have gotten an acceptance since. I think now it's just about their class sizes, demographics, and whichever numbers they need more of (i.e. high LSAT vs high GPA) and not about who they know :/[/quote]

wegotthis

New

Post by wegotthis » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:19 pm

kaptainkeepa wrote:
tparty wrote:
kaptainkeepa wrote:
tparty wrote:
wegotthis wrote:
I'm wondering the same thing. I find it hard to believe that they have absolutely no spaces since the June 1st deposit but :?:
Same! Was this past email selective? Did anyone get the "you are among a select group of students"- I didn't but since they started releasing people....
I got the original selective e-mail that was sent in April and last week I got the e-mail about possible seats being available after July 1. I think that email was also selective because (as someone posted on this thread) they sent some waitlist rejections at the same time

I was also a reverse splitter but I applied in early January and got accepted late January. I withdraw my acceptance for another school but I have to admit, being a reverse splitter this year seemed to work out in my favor. Just my opinion. Is this your first year applying? What other schools are you considering?[/quote]

I wish I was that lucky. I applied Early Binding in October and was placed on the waitlist in January. My softs are very strong - work experience, awards, honors, personal statement, GPA, etc. This is my first year applying and I just graduated undergrad in May. I've been accepted to AU and I'm waitlisted at W&M.[/quote]

AU is a great school.[/quote]

wegotthis

New

Post by wegotthis » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:23 pm

tparty wrote:
kaptainkeepa wrote:
tparty wrote:
wegotthis wrote:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

wegotthis

New

Post by wegotthis » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:25 pm

k8e260 wrote:
wegotthis wrote:

Is this at GW?[/quote]

wegotthis

New

Post by wegotthis » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:26 pm

k8e260 wrote:
wegotthis wrote:
wegotthis wrote:
tparty wrote:
wegotthis wrote:
I got the original selective e-mail that was sent in April and last week I got the e-mail about possible seats being available after July 1. I think that email was also selective because (as someone posted on this thread) they sent some waitlist rejections at the same time

If you have that letter of rec coming I would hold on![/quote]

wegotthis

New

Post by wegotthis » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:52 pm

kaptainkeepa wrote:
tparty wrote:
kaptainkeepa wrote:
tparty wrote:
wegotthis wrote:

AU is a great school.[/quote]

Charlie802

Bronze

Post by Charlie802 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:37 am

Alright, guys... Last deposit for all the admits is Saturday! According to Law School Numbers last year there was at least one admit on 7/1/16, which was a Friday. Since the 1st is a Saturday this year and the 4th is Tuesday, what are we thinking timeline wise for the next wave of admits??

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

k8e260

New

Post by k8e260 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:40 am

Charlie802 wrote:Alright, guys... Last deposit for all the admits is Saturday! According to Law School Numbers last year there was at least one admit on 7/1/16, which was a Friday. Since the 1st is a Saturday this year and the 4th is Tuesday, what are we thinking timeline wise for the next wave of admits??
I've been thinking the same all week! Because it's the 4th on Tuesday I think best case scenario we hear Thursday (assuming most people aren't coming in 7/1) that will give them one day to evaluate... fingers crossed!!

Charlie802

Bronze

Post by Charlie802 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:43 am

k8e260 wrote:
Charlie802 wrote:Alright, guys... Last deposit for all the admits is Saturday! According to Law School Numbers last year there was at least one admit on 7/1/16, which was a Friday. Since the 1st is a Saturday this year and the 4th is Tuesday, what are we thinking timeline wise for the next wave of admits??
I've been thinking the same all week! Because it's the 4th on Tuesday I think best case scenario we hear Thursday (assuming most people aren't coming in 7/1) that will give them one day to evaluate... fingers crossed!!
I think you are right. Wednesday at the soonest, but Thursday is more likely...

k8e260

New

Post by k8e260 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:50 pm

Did anyone get an email today?

tparty

Bronze

Post by tparty » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:08 pm

k8e260 wrote:Did anyone get an email today?
No, did you?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

k8e260

New

Post by k8e260 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:22 pm

tparty wrote:
No, did you?
Yep, they asked if I was interested in part time if spots opened up this weekend

Charlie802

Bronze

Post by Charlie802 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:41 pm

k8e260 wrote:
tparty wrote:
No, did you?
Yep, they asked if I was interested in part time if spots opened up this weekend
Gah... I didn't get this. Not sure if that is good or bad...? Wonder how many people got it...

k8e260

New

Post by k8e260 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:52 pm

Charlie802 wrote:
k8e260 wrote:
tparty wrote:
No, did you?
Gah... I didn't get this. Not sure if that is good or bad...? Wonder how many people got it...
I know I was hoping it was more people just so I knew if it was good news!

Charlie802

Bronze

Post by Charlie802 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:55 pm

k8e260 wrote:
Charlie802 wrote:
k8e260 wrote:
tparty wrote:
No, did you?
Fingers crossed for you! It's been radio silent since our last update about the July 1st deposit for me. Wondering if they are making any full time offers next week... keep us posted!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

k8e260

New

Post by k8e260 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:01 pm

Charlie802 wrote:
k8e260 wrote:
Charlie802 wrote:
k8e260 wrote:
tparty wrote:
No, did you?
Fingers crossed for you! It's been radio silent since our last update about the July 1st deposit for me. Wondering if they are making any full time offers next week... keep us posted!
Definitely! I'll keep everyone updated! Fingers crossed for us all!

lawhopeful17

New

Post by lawhopeful17 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:44 pm

Hey Everyone, I have been silently watching this forum since early April when we received the "select group" email. I also received that email, and since then have been hoping to hear some good news from them. I was hoping that they would make some offers, or at least send some correspondence today. Did anyone hear anything from admissions, or did anyone call admissions?

k8e260

New

Post by k8e260 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:46 pm

lawhopeful17 wrote:Hey Everyone, I have been silently watching this forum since early April when we received the "select group" email. I also received that email, and since then have been hoping to hear some good news from them. I was hoping that they would make some offers, or at least send some correspondence today. Did anyone hear anything from admissions, or did anyone call admissions?
I haven't heard anything since Friday but I wouldn't expect anything o hear from them until Thursday because of the holiday tomorrow

k8e260

New

Post by k8e260 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:51 pm

Update: I got in! Only part time though :( and there was no mention of money in my offer :( it's a lot to think about because of my huge scholarship at AU, and they want me to commit by Friday... fingers crossed for all of you!! Has anyone else heard anything?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

tparty

Bronze

Post by tparty » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:39 pm

k8e260 wrote:Update: I got in! Only part time though :( and there was no mention of money in my offer :( it's a lot to think about because of my huge scholarship at AU, and they want me to commit by Friday... fingers crossed for all of you!! Has anyone else heard anything?
Nothing for me

lawhopeful17

New

Post by lawhopeful17 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:41 pm

tparty wrote:
k8e260 wrote:Update: I got in! Only part time though :( and there was no mention of money in my offer :( it's a lot to think about because of my huge scholarship at AU, and they want me to commit by Friday... fingers crossed for all of you!! Has anyone else heard anything?
Nothing for me
Same, nothing for me either

Charlie802

Bronze

Post by Charlie802 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:19 pm

lawhopeful17 wrote:
tparty wrote:
Nothing for me
Same, nothing for me either
Nothing. . . Wondering if they made part time offers first? Hoping to hear by the end of this week....

Edit: CONGRATS!

travises

New

Post by travises » Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:42 pm

Hey everyone, I've been silently reading the thread off and on since February when I got wait listed. After getting wait listed I sent in 2 extra letters of rec (one from an alum), but didn't re take the LSAT or do anything else to drastically improve my application. I got the selective email back in April and the follow-up on June 15. I then also got an email last Friday asking if I would consider part-time status. I responded this morning that I only wanted to be considered for full-time and that I needed to have an answer by Friday because I had a deadline for my housing at the other school I would've attended (Emory). Within a few hours I got a response saying I would have an answer by tomorrow, but that "unfortunately, scholarship funds are depleted though you could still apply for need-based grants." A few hours after that I got an email that I was accepted. Since most of you are probably on a time-crunch like me, might be okay to send them an email asking for a decision by a certain day since they didn't seem to have a problem getting me an answer quickly. With that said, if you're hoping for scholarship money it doesn't look like theres much or any left for this cycle. Hope this helps someone a little, and good luck to everyone! Hope you all end up on campus in the fall.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”