George Washington c/o 2020 Waitlisted Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
tparty

Bronze

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Waitlisted Applicants

Post by tparty » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:24 am

CaliGirl14 wrote:Hey guys, I've been silently reading your posts for awhile now so I thought I'd just check in and share some info! :D I was a part of the "selected group" who got that email awhile back and since I haven't heard from them in weeks (and I know you guys didn't get much info either), I just sent them another email on Monday stating I was still interested in GW law and that I was hoping I'll get some news soon... They just emailed me back saying my declaration of continued interest has been noted and that they anticipate that they'll be able to provide me with an update by the end of this week. So fingers crossed!!

P. S. Not sure if this was a good sign or not lol...?? What do you guys think? Anyone else heard anything today?

Thanks for the update! I have nothing substial to add for a letter of continued interest but I think I'll e-mail them too just to let them know I'm still here hahah. Fingers crossed for us!

k8e260

New

Post by k8e260 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:27 pm

I just sent them another email (I had an update to my file) and also because I'm anxious, we'll see what happens...

tparty

Bronze

Post by tparty » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:24 pm

Soooo that waitlist update e-mail sounds pretty unappealing

k8e260

New

Post by k8e260 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:25 pm

tparty wrote:Soooo that waitlist update e-mail sounds pretty unappealing
Ugh this is so depressing...

k8e260

New

Post by k8e260 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:29 pm

k8e260 wrote:
Also I'm confused because it seems like a lot of people dropped from what I've seen here....

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

tparty

Bronze

Post by tparty » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:30 pm

k8e260 wrote:
k8e260 wrote:
Also I'm confused because it seems like a lot of people dropped from what I've seen here....
Yeah that "our class is stable" thing sounds so sketch to me from what we've seen here

cjar819

New

Post by cjar819 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:35 pm

k8e260 wrote:
Could be worse.

"We have very much appreciated your patience as a waitlisted candidate for admission to The George Washington University Law School. Unfortunately, there has been virtually no waitlist activity in recent months. We regret to inform you that we will be unable to offer you admission to the fall 2017 entering class.

You should be proud of the many accomplishments illustrated in your application – you are a very impressive candidate. Given the strength of your application, we have no doubt that you were offered admission to a number of fine law schools. If the space in our entering class were not so limited, we certainly would have been pleased to have you join us. We wish you great success in your legal studies at the institution you ultimately decided to attend."

tparty

Bronze

Post by tparty » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:13 pm

cjar819 wrote:
k8e260 wrote:
Could be worse.

"We have very much appreciated your patience as a waitlisted candidate for admission to The George Washington University Law School. Unfortunately, there has been virtually no waitlist activity in recent months. We regret to inform you that we will be unable to offer you admission to the fall 2017 entering class.

You should be proud of the many accomplishments illustrated in your application – you are a very impressive candidate. Given the strength of your application, we have no doubt that you were offered admission to a number of fine law schools. If the space in our entering class were not so limited, we certainly would have been pleased to have you join us. We wish you great success in your legal studies at the institution you ultimately decided to attend."
Oh WTF so the other e-mail was selective?? So sorry :(

k8e260

New

Post by k8e260 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:16 am

tparty wrote:
cjar819 wrote:
k8e260 wrote:
Could be worse.

Oh WTF so the other e-mail was selective?? So sorry :(
Sorry cjar819 :cry:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

eSpinoza

New

Post by eSpinoza » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:27 pm

blelwoods wrote:
Charlie802 wrote:
k8e260 wrote:
Charlie802 wrote:
tparty wrote:
FunandFriendship wrote:For what its worth, I stopped by the admissions office earlier this week (Wednesday). The general consensus seemed to be that this was a slow year for waitlist movement but their is potential for openings following the third and final deposit on July 1st.
Another month?! That's ridiculous. So many people have been withdrawing too, which confuses me as to why they haven't been admitting people in their place...
This makes me very unhappy
It's really disheartening... but thanks for the info!
The more I think about it the less this makes sense. Several people declined waitlist offers on here, several withdrawals, finding it hard to believe they are truly that full. I'm wondering if that's just what they are telling them to tell us?

You think they are cutting their class size? Could the numbers this year be that bad?

Actually yes, among other things, to offset the dip in the rankings this year... good luck tho..

k8e260

New

Post by k8e260 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:01 am

tparty wrote:
k8e260 wrote:
k8e260 wrote:
Yeah that "our class is stable" thing sounds so sketch to me from what we've seen here
Do you all think that offers could be made in the next few weeks or should we not expect anything until after July 1st?

tparty

Bronze

Post by tparty » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:37 pm

k8e260 wrote:
tparty wrote:
k8e260 wrote:
k8e260 wrote:
Do you all think that offers could be made in the next few weeks or should we not expect anything until after July 1st?
I'm wondering the same thing. I find it hard to believe that they have absolutely no spaces since the June 1st deposit but :?:

k8e260

New

Post by k8e260 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:45 pm

tparty wrote:
k8e260 wrote:
tparty wrote:
k8e260 wrote:
k8e260 wrote:
I'm wondering the same thing. I find it hard to believe that they have absolutely no spaces since the June 1st deposit but :?:
Same! Was this past email selective? Did anyone get the "you are among a select group of students"- I didn't but since they started releasing people....

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

tparty

Bronze

Post by tparty » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:44 pm

k8e260 wrote:
tparty wrote:
k8e260 wrote:
tparty wrote:
k8e260 wrote:
k8e260 wrote:
Same! Was this past email selective? Did anyone get the "you are among a select group of students"- I didn't but since they started releasing people....
I got the original selective e-mail that was sent in April and last week I got the e-mail about possible seats being available after July 1. I think that email was also selective because (as someone posted on this thread) they sent some waitlist rejections at the same time

k8e260

New

Post by k8e260 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:48 pm

Also I'm confused because it seems like a lot of people dropped from what I've seen here....[/quote]

Yeah that "our class is stable" thing sounds so sketch to me from what we've seen here[/quote]

Do you all think that offers could be made in the next few weeks or should we not expect anything until after July 1st?[/quote]

I'm wondering the same thing. I find it hard to believe that they have absolutely no spaces since the June 1st deposit but :?:[/quote]

Same! Was this past email selective? Did anyone get the "you are among a select group of students"- I didn't but since they started releasing people....[/quote]

I got the original selective e-mail that was sent in April and last week I got the e-mail about possible seats being available after July 1. I think that email was also selective because (as someone posted on this thread) they sent some waitlist rejections at the same time[/quote]

Same, I wonder if they sent out the select group email (I guess we won't know though)

wegotthis

New

Post by wegotthis » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:32 pm

k8e260 wrote:Also I'm confused because it seems like a lot of people dropped from what I've seen here....
Yeah that "our class is stable" thing sounds so sketch to me from what we've seen here[/quote]

Do you all think that offers could be made in the next few weeks or should we not expect anything until after July 1st?[/quote]

I'm wondering the same thing. I find it hard to believe that they have absolutely no spaces since the June 1st deposit but :?:[/quote]

Same! Was this past email selective? Did anyone get the "you are among a select group of students"- I didn't but since they started releasing people....[/quote]

I got the original selective e-mail that was sent in April and last week I got the e-mail about possible seats being available after July 1. I think that email was also selective because (as someone posted on this thread) they sent some waitlist rejections at the same time[/quote]

Same, I wonder if they sent out the select group email (I guess we won't know though)[/quote]
Last edited by wegotthis on Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

k8e260

New

Post by k8e260 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:44 pm

wegotthis wrote:
k8e260 wrote:Also I'm confused because it seems like a lot of people dropped from what I've seen here....

Same, I wonder if they sent out the select group email (I guess we won't know though)[/quote]

Question: I am waitlisted at a school and giving my insanely low LSAT score and GPA, I'm beyond shock I wasn't outright rejected. Anyway, I got the backing of the directors of one of their clinics and two students to write me a letter of recommendation after I was miriciousely placed on a waitlist. All of them are leaders within their law school community, and one of the professor/directors is a big shot professor as well. He said that never has he ever wanted a student to be so badly admitted and that the school should be begging to have a student like me. Had I had even a decent LSAT score and an okay GPA I would have been accepted. Anyway, I have been on the waitlist since March and, they recently started admitting/ rejecting/ second waitlisting folks. However, I have neither been admitted, placed on a second waitlisted nor purge. Should I be really worried? Also, does having the backing of an entire department within the law school gives me a little bit of an edge? Finally, since I was placed on the waitlist, I have accomplished a lot, and I highlighted that in my two LOCI's. Before you judge my grades, there is a solid reason why my grades and LSAT score are so low. I was never supposed to make it to where I am right now.[/quote]

Is this at GW?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

tparty

Bronze

Post by tparty » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:49 pm

wegotthis wrote:

Question: I am waitlisted at a school and giving my insanely low LSAT score and GPA, I'm beyond shock I wasn't outright rejected. Anyway, I got the backing of the directors of one of their clinics and two students to write me a letter of recommendation after I was miriciousely placed on a waitlist. All of them are leaders within their law school community, and one of the professor/directors is a big shot professor as well. He said that never has he ever wanted a student to be so badly admitted and that the school should be begging to have a student like me. Had I had even a decent LSAT score and an okay GPA I would have been accepted. Anyway, I have been on the waitlist since March and, they recently started admitting/ rejecting/ second waitlisting folks. However, I have neither been admitted, placed on a second waitlisted nor purge. Should I be really worried? Also, does having the backing of an entire department within the law school gives me a little bit of an edge? Finally, since I was placed on the waitlist, I have accomplished a lot, and I highlighted that in my two LOCI's. Before you judge my grades, there is a solid reason why my grades and LSAT score are so low. I was never supposed to make it to where I am right now.[/quote]

My opinion, maybe the backing got you onto the waitlist - which is awesome - but I'm not sure if it's going to be a big factor into getting you off. I have a low LSAT score but a high GPA (reverse-splitter) and I was pleasantly surprised to get waitlisted too. I think we've all done the LOCI thing and accomplished different things since we've applied (I applied in October and have done quite a lot since) but only a few of the people in this thread have gotten an acceptance since. I think now it's just about their class sizes, demographics, and whichever numbers they need more of (i.e. high LSAT vs high GPA) and not about who they know :/

wegotthis

New

Post by wegotthis » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:06 pm

tparty wrote:
wegotthis wrote:

My opinion, maybe the backing got you onto the waitlist - which is awesome - but I'm not sure if it's going to be a big factor into getting you off. I have a low LSAT score but a high GPA (reverse-splitter) and I was pleasantly surprised to get waitlisted too. I think we've all done the LOCI thing and accomplished different things since we've applied (I applied in October and have done quite a lot since) but only a few of the people in this thread have gotten an acceptance since. I think now it's just about their class sizes, demographics, and whichever numbers they need more of (i.e. high LSAT vs high GPA) and not about who they know :/[/quote]
Last edited by wegotthis on Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

wegotthis

New

Post by wegotthis » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:11 pm

wegotthis wrote:
tparty wrote:
wegotthis wrote:

My opinion, maybe the backing got you onto the waitlist - which is awesome - but I'm not sure if it's going to be a big factor into getting you off. I have a low LSAT score but a high GPA (reverse-splitter) and I was pleasantly surprised to get waitlisted too. I think we've all done the LOCI thing and accomplished different things since we've applied (I applied in October and have done quite a lot since) but only a few of the people in this thread have gotten an acceptance since. I think now it's just about their class sizes, demographics, and whichever numbers they need more of (i.e. high LSAT vs high GPA) and not about who they know :/[/quote]
Last edited by wegotthis on Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

k8e260

New

Post by k8e260 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:51 pm

wegotthis wrote:
wegotthis wrote:
tparty wrote:
wegotthis wrote:

Hey-Sorry I forgot to mention this earlier, but I got the backing after I was already placed on the waitlist. The backing didn't get me on the waitlist.[/quote]

My resume, PS, DV and other soft got me on the waitlist. So they had nothing to do with me being placed on the waitlist. Also, a Nobel laureate that I work with and is familiar with my work is sending me a rec letter as we speak.[/quote]

If you have that letter of rec coming I would hold on!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

kaptainkeepa

Bronze

Post by kaptainkeepa » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:39 pm

tparty wrote:
wegotthis wrote:

I was also a reverse splitter but I applied in early January and got accepted late January. I withdraw my acceptance for another school but I have to admit, being a reverse splitter this year seemed to work out in my favor. Just my opinion. Is this your first year applying? What other schools are you considering?

tparty

Bronze

Post by tparty » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:45 am

kaptainkeepa wrote:
tparty wrote:
wegotthis wrote:

I was also a reverse splitter but I applied in early January and got accepted late January. I withdraw my acceptance for another school but I have to admit, being a reverse splitter this year seemed to work out in my favor. Just my opinion. Is this your first year applying? What other schools are you considering?[/quote]

------------- (not sure why the quoting thing on this thread is acting up)
I wish I was that lucky. I applied Early Binding in October and was placed on the waitlist in January. My softs are very strong - work experience, awards, honors, personal statement, GPA, etc. This is my first year applying and I just graduated undergrad in May. I've been accepted to AU and I'm waitlisted at W&M.

kaptainkeepa

Bronze

Post by kaptainkeepa » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:13 pm

tparty wrote:
kaptainkeepa wrote:
tparty wrote:
wegotthis wrote:

I was also a reverse splitter but I applied in early January and got accepted late January. I withdraw my acceptance for another school but I have to admit, being a reverse splitter this year seemed to work out in my favor. Just my opinion. Is this your first year applying? What other schools are you considering?[/quote]

------------- (not sure why the quoting thing on this thread is acting up)
I wish I was that lucky. I applied Early Binding in October and was placed on the waitlist in January. My softs are very strong - work experience, awards, honors, personal statement, GPA, etc. This is my first year applying and I just graduated undergrad in May. I've been accepted to AU and I'm waitlisted at W&M.[/quote]

AU is a great school.

wegotthis

New

Post by wegotthis » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:10 pm

tparty wrote:
wegotthis wrote:

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”