George Washington c/o 2020 Waitlisted Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
tparty

Bronze

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Waitlisted Applicants

Post by tparty » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:58 pm

k8e260 wrote:Ok so I hate being that person but has anyone heard anything? I may call if we don't get anything by 3...
Anyone as in those who got the original "selective group" e-mail in April? I haven't and I find it to be incredibly ridiculous and upsetting. I've sent two LOCI's and an updated transcript - nothing.

Charlie802

Bronze

Post by Charlie802 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:59 pm

tparty wrote:
k8e260 wrote:Ok so I hate being that person but has anyone heard anything? I may call if we don't get anything by 3...
Anyone as in those who got the original "selective group" e-mail in April? I haven't and I find it to be incredibly ridiculous and upsetting. I've sent two LOCI's and an updated transcript - nothing.
Same ^^ I am leaving the country too and was hoping to not be checking my email every day :/

k8e260

New

Post by k8e260 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:02 pm

Charlie802 wrote:
tparty wrote:
Same ^^ I am leaving the country too and was hoping to not be checking my email every day :/
Anyone in the post lol... I was in the "selected group" email as well- also sent two LOCIs, and two emails... I'm on the border of obnoxious but the waiting is killing me!

tparty

Bronze

Post by tparty » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:15 pm

k8e260 wrote:
Charlie802 wrote:
tparty wrote:
Anyone in the post lol... I was in the "selected group" email as well- also sent two LOCIs, and two emails... I'm on the border of obnoxious but the waiting is killing me!
I wanted to send another e-mail but I've been told not to unless I have an important update of myself that they would want to know but I don't so... I figured if I called they would just give me the generic "in the coming weeks" response.

k8e260

New

Post by k8e260 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:18 pm

tparty wrote:
k8e260 wrote:
Charlie802 wrote:
tparty wrote:
I wanted to send another e-mail but I've been told not to unless I have an important update of myself that they would want to know but I don't so... I figured if I called they would just give me the generic "in the coming weeks" response.
I emailed them mid May about the "selected group" they said they would "update applicants shortly" then another Monday and they said they are beginning to review apps again, we should hear shortly... lol so I was hoping we would hear shortly!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Charlie802

Bronze

Post by Charlie802 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:13 pm

k8e260 wrote:
tparty wrote:
k8e260 wrote:
Charlie802 wrote:
tparty wrote:
I emailed them mid May about the "selected group" they said they would "update applicants shortly" then another Monday and they said they are beginning to review apps again, we should hear shortly... lol so I was hoping we would hear shortly!
Did you call? I'm surprised we had another silent day...

k8e260

New

Post by k8e260 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:14 pm

Charlie802 wrote:
k8e260 wrote:
tparty wrote:
k8e260 wrote:
Charlie802 wrote:
tparty wrote:
Did you call? I'm surprised we had another silent day...
No, I got called into. Abysitting at the last minute but I will call tomorrow if we don't hear anything by the same time!

FunandFriendship

New

Post by FunandFriendship » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:27 am

For what its worth, I stopped by the admissions office earlier this week (Wednesday). The general consensus seemed to be that this was a slow year for waitlist movement but their is potential for openings following the third and final deposit on July 1st.

blelwoods

Bronze

Post by blelwoods » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:31 am

FunandFriendship wrote:For what its worth, I stopped by the admissions office earlier this week (Wednesday). The general consensus seemed to be that this was a slow year for waitlist movement but their is potential for openings following the third and final deposit on July 1st.
That's crazy. So many people have withdrawn from here. I thought their would be a ton of movement.
Last edited by blelwoods on Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

tparty

Bronze

Post by tparty » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:52 am

FunandFriendship wrote:For what its worth, I stopped by the admissions office earlier this week (Wednesday). The general consensus seemed to be that this was a slow year for waitlist movement but their is potential for openings following the third and final deposit on July 1st.
Another month?! That's ridiculous. So many people have been withdrawing too, which confuses me as to why they haven't been admitting people in their place...

Charlie802

Bronze

Post by Charlie802 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:18 pm

tparty wrote:
Another month?! That's ridiculous. So many people have been withdrawing too, which confuses me as to why they haven't been admitting people in their place...
This makes me very unhappy

k8e260

New

Post by k8e260 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:22 pm

Charlie802 wrote:
tparty wrote:
It's really disheartening... but thanks for the info!

Charlie802

Bronze

Post by Charlie802 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:55 pm

k8e260 wrote:
Charlie802 wrote:
tparty wrote:
The more I think about it the less this makes sense. Several people declined waitlist offers on here, several withdrawals, finding it hard to believe they are truly that full. I'm wondering if that's just what they are telling them to tell us?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

blelwoods

Bronze

Post by blelwoods » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:56 pm

Charlie802 wrote:
k8e260 wrote:
Charlie802 wrote:
tparty wrote:
The more I think about it the less this makes sense. Several people declined waitlist offers on here, several withdrawals, finding it hard to believe they are truly that full. I'm wondering if that's just what they are telling them to tell us?

You think they are cutting their class size? Could the numbers this year be that bad?

FunandFriendship

New

Post by FunandFriendship » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:05 pm

By no means did he say no movement until July 1st, just that was the final deposit and they should have a good idea of the final class by then.

Charlie802

Bronze

Post by Charlie802 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:08 pm

FunandFriendship wrote:By no means did he say no movement until July 1st, just that was the final deposit and they should have a good idea of the final class by then.
Oh okay! I read that way too harshly then! Well fingers crossed for us all!

k8e260

New

Post by k8e260 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:06 pm

UPDATE: I just called, for the generic "any updates will be provided via email" but also the committee is meeting next week so hopefully some movement after then!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

tparty

Bronze

Post by tparty » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:12 pm

k8e260 wrote:UPDATE: I just called, for the generic "any updates will be provided via email" but also the committee is meeting next week so hopefully some movement after then!
Thanks for letting us know :D

Charlie802

Bronze

Post by Charlie802 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:35 pm

tparty wrote:
k8e260 wrote:UPDATE: I just called, for the generic "any updates will be provided via email" but also the committee is meeting next week so hopefully some movement after then!
Thanks for letting us know :D
Yes, thank you! Fingers crossed! Looks like I'll be compulsively checking my email on vacation. Woohoo :(

k8e260

New

Post by k8e260 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:15 am

Who's turn is it to annoy admissions this week? :D

tparty

Bronze

Post by tparty » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:54 am

k8e260 wrote:Who's turn is it to annoy admissions this week? :D
I literally don't even know what to say anymore and if I hear another "in the coming weeks!" or "soon!" I'll explode

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Charlie802

Bronze

Post by Charlie802 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:13 am

tparty wrote:
I literally don't even know what to say anymore and if I hear another "in the coming weeks!" or "soon!" I'll explode
It's probably my turn... lol. I just don't understand why they aren't moving anyone...

k8e260

New

Post by k8e260 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:18 pm

Charlie802 wrote:
tparty wrote:
It's probably my turn... lol. I just don't understand why they aren't moving anyone...
Lol RT^ I would have thought we would have at least gotten another update email by now!

CaliGirl14

New

Post by CaliGirl14 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:43 pm

Hey guys, I've been silently reading your posts for awhile now so I thought I'd just check in and share some info! :D I was a part of the "selected group" who got that email awhile back and since I haven't heard from them in weeks (and I know you guys didn't get much info either), I just sent them another email on Monday stating I was still interested in GW law and that I was hoping I'll get some news soon... They just emailed me back saying my declaration of continued interest has been noted and that they anticipate that they'll be able to provide me with an update by the end of this week. So fingers crossed!!

P. S. Not sure if this was a good sign or not lol...?? What do you guys think? Anyone else heard anything today?

k8e260

New

Post by k8e260 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:54 pm

CaliGirl14 wrote:Hey guys, I've been silently reading your posts for awhile now so I thought I'd just check in and share some info! :D I was a part of the "selected group" who got that email awhile back and since I haven't heard from them in weeks (and I know you guys didn't get much info either), I just sent them another email on Monday stating I was still interested in GW law and that I was hoping I'll get some news soon... They just emailed me back saying my declaration of continued interest has been noted and that they anticipate that they'll be able to provide me with an update by the end of this week. So fingers crossed!!

P. S. Not sure if this was a good sign or not lol...?? What do you guys think? Anyone else heard anything today?
It's the same response I've been getting! I called admissions last week and hey told me that the committee is meeting this week!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”