George Washington c/o 2020 Waitlisted Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
tparty

Bronze

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Waitlisted Applicants

Post by tparty » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:58 am

Dirtyolmuskrat wrote:Finally! In off the waitlist with an email. A package in the mail and more detailed email coming later
Congrats! Nothing for me yet.

Charlie802

Bronze

Post by Charlie802 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:01 pm

tparty wrote:
Dirtyolmuskrat wrote:Finally! In off the waitlist with an email. A package in the mail and more detailed email coming later
Congrats! I am jealous. Nothing for me yet, but glad we are getting some movement from the response required email crowd! Did they offer you $$?

Dirtyolmuskrat

New

Post by Dirtyolmuskrat » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:36 pm

Charlie802 wrote:
tparty wrote:
Congrats! I am jealous. Nothing for me yet, but glad we are getting some movement from the response required email crowd! Did they offer you $$?
No mention of money, but it was an email that literally said just wanted to say you're in, more information coming. Have until May 15 to deposit.

Charlie802

Bronze

Post by Charlie802 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:47 pm

Dirtyolmuskrat wrote:
Charlie802 wrote:
tparty wrote:
No mention of money, but it was an email that literally said just wanted to say you're in, more information coming. Have until May 15 to deposit.
Okay, awesome! Hoping I get one of those soon. . .

Dirtyolmuskrat

New

Post by Dirtyolmuskrat » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:20 pm

Charlie802 wrote:
Dirtyolmuskrat wrote:
Charlie802 wrote:
tparty wrote:
I noticed the status changed on the checker, so I'd recommend checking that to see if an email is coming soon.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

tparty

Bronze

Post by tparty » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:22 pm

Dirtyolmuskrat wrote:
Charlie802 wrote:
Dirtyolmuskrat wrote:
Charlie802 wrote:
tparty wrote:
No mention of money, but it was an email that literally said just wanted to say you're in, more information coming. Have until May 15 to deposi

I noticed the status changed on the checker, so I'd recommend checking that to see if an email is coming soon.
Really? What did it change to?
Last edited by tparty on Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Charlie802

Bronze

Post by Charlie802 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:24 pm

tparty wrote:
Dirtyolmuskrat wrote:
Charlie802 wrote:
Dirtyolmuskrat wrote:
Charlie802 wrote:
tparty wrote:

Gah, mine still has my original wait list date. One more thing to check constantly. Lol

Dirtyolmuskrat

New

Post by Dirtyolmuskrat » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:46 pm

tparty wrote:
Dirtyolmuskrat wrote:
Charlie802 wrote:
Dirtyolmuskrat wrote:
Charlie802 wrote:
tparty wrote:
No mention of money, but it was an email that literally said just wanted to say you're in, more information coming. Have until May 15 to deposi

Decision made. Email in 1-2 business days.

OuttaTheBox

New

Post by OuttaTheBox » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:31 pm

Dirtyolmuskrat wrote:
Charlie802 wrote:
Dirtyolmuskrat wrote:
Charlie802 wrote:
tparty wrote:

My status checker has changed, how many days did you have to wait before your email came?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Dirtyolmuskrat

New

Post by Dirtyolmuskrat » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:46 pm

OuttaTheBox wrote:
Dirtyolmuskrat wrote:
Charlie802 wrote:
Dirtyolmuskrat wrote:
Charlie802 wrote:
tparty wrote:

My status checker has changed, how many days did you have to wait before your email came?
I don't know I checked it after the fact. Means you're in, though. Congrats

cjar819

New

Post by cjar819 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:19 am

Does anyone know how many people GW typically waitlists? Is that information anywhere publicly?

tparty

Bronze

Post by tparty » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:33 am

cjar819 wrote:Does anyone know how many people GW typically waitlists? Is that information anywhere publicly?
I haven't been able to find it anywhere

Charlie802

Bronze

Post by Charlie802 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:26 pm

Any movement today? Growing (more) impatient here.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

S3r@f1

New

Post by S3r@f1 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:24 pm

I just realized through this thread that two different emails were sent to WL applicants. I received the one asking for a LOCI response, which I responded to. I am glad to see that there has been movement; congratulations to those who have been admitted off of the WL! Does GW have a standard time frame for sending emails? Would movement be a surprise over the weekend based on trends in previous years?

Charlie802

Bronze

Post by Charlie802 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:50 pm

S3r@f1 wrote:I just realized through this thread that two different emails were sent to WL applicants. I received the one asking for a LOCI response, which I responded to. I am glad to see that there has been movement; congratulations to those who have been admitted off of the WL! Does GW have a standard time frame for sending emails? Would movement be a surprise over the weekend based on trends in previous years?
I received the please respond email as well as a few others who still haven't heard. A few people have called and they were told 2-3 weeks for those who got the please respond email.

So far, two people were taken off yesterday and that is all we know about. I am personally hoping for good news next week, I don't anticipate them working through the weekend this early in the WL cycle.

tparty

Bronze

Post by tparty » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:50 pm

S3r@f1 wrote:I just realized through this thread that two different emails were sent to WL applicants. I received the one asking for a LOCI response, which I responded to. I am glad to see that there has been movement; congratulations to those who have been admitted off of the WL! Does GW have a standard time frame for sending emails? Would movement be a surprise over the weekend based on trends in previous years?
I also received the LOCI e-mail. Historically people who got the selective e-mail got an acceptance 2-3 days later but now it's been over a week and so far only 2 people on this thread have posted about getting an acceptance (and that happened yesterday). I don't think there will be anything over the weekend - offices are usually closed.

OuttaTheBox

New

Post by OuttaTheBox » Mon May 01, 2017 2:11 pm

Anybody heard anything?? My status checker changed sometime last week, but I havent received an email and unfortunately cant email them because it says to wait at least 3 days....but it doesn't say when my status changed lol

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

tparty

Bronze

Post by tparty » Mon May 01, 2017 2:18 pm

OuttaTheBox wrote:Anybody heard anything?? My status checker changed sometime last week, but I havent received an email and unfortunately cant email them because it says to wait at least 3 days....but it doesn't say when my status changed lol
There's usually a date listed when they change your status. Are you sure it's not the same "decision made" from when you got your waitlist notification? Mine says "decision made" with the date before I got my WL e-mail. Nothing today so far...

Dirtyolmuskrat

New

Post by Dirtyolmuskrat » Mon May 01, 2017 2:35 pm

tparty wrote:
OuttaTheBox wrote:Anybody heard anything?? My status checker changed sometime last week, but I havent received an email and unfortunately cant email them because it says to wait at least 3 days....but it doesn't say when my status changed lol
There's usually a date listed when they change your status. Are you sure it's not the same "decision made" from when you got your waitlist notification? Mine says "decision made" with the date before I got my WL e-mail. Nothing today so far...
Nobody's gotten anything besides me at least one here or LSN and I haven't gotten my follow up email or any news on $

janereacher

Bronze

Post by janereacher » Mon May 01, 2017 6:05 pm

I just withdrew - I hope that helps some of you!

Charlie802

Bronze

Post by Charlie802 » Mon May 01, 2017 6:11 pm

Dirtyolmuskrat wrote:
tparty wrote:
Nobody's gotten anything besides me at least one here or LSN and I haven't gotten my follow up email or any news on $
I feel like they got a little ahead of themselves with that email they sent us all.

Wasn't your deposit deadline today? Did you deposit?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Dirtyolmuskrat

New

Post by Dirtyolmuskrat » Mon May 01, 2017 6:14 pm

Charlie802 wrote:
Dirtyolmuskrat wrote:
tparty wrote:
I feel like they got a little ahead of themselves with that email they sent us all.

I have until May 15th. I'm waiting to see what money I get and some other waitlists.

JoshLyman13

New

Post by JoshLyman13 » Mon May 01, 2017 6:20 pm

Charlie802 wrote:
Dirtyolmuskrat wrote:
tparty wrote:

I didn't post before but I got the "select group" feeler email on 4/19 and was accepted on 4/27 with scholarship, I likely won't be depositing unless they can increase their offer. If they can't I hope one of you get my spot, I have until 5/15 to deposit. Hope that helps.

Dirtyolmuskrat

New

Post by Dirtyolmuskrat » Mon May 01, 2017 6:41 pm

JoshLyman13 wrote:
Charlie802 wrote:
Dirtyolmuskrat wrote:
tparty wrote:

I didn't post before but I got the "select group" feeler email on 4/19 and was accepted on 4/27 with scholarship, I likely won't be depositing unless they can increase their offer. If they can't I hope one of you get my spot, I have until 5/15 to deposit. Hope that helps.
Was the scholarship in the initial "You're in" email?

JoshLyman13

New

Post by JoshLyman13 » Mon May 01, 2017 8:01 pm

Dirtyolmuskrat wrote:
JoshLyman13 wrote:
Charlie802 wrote:
Dirtyolmuskrat wrote:
tparty wrote:

Was the scholarship in the initial "You're in" email?
Yes

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”