George Washington c/o 2020 Waitlisted Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ZVBXRPL

Silver

Re: George Washington c/o 2020 Waitlisted Applicants

Post by ZVBXRPL » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:15 pm

Have a full scholly an am withdrawing. Gl peeps

Hopefulapplicant35

New

Post by Hopefulapplicant35 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:29 pm

Charlie802 wrote:
Dirtyolmuskrat wrote:
Charlie802 wrote:Any movement today from the "as early as early next week" crowd?
Nothing
The silence is deafening.
Nothing here. I also received the email asking to respond by Friday.

tparty

Bronze

Post by tparty » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:51 am

Charlie802 wrote:Any movement today from the "as early as early next week" crowd?
Nope. All day I was on edge... wondering if I'll be experiencing the same thing today :roll:

Charlie802

Bronze

Post by Charlie802 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:54 am

tparty wrote:
Nope. All day I was on edge... wondering if I'll be experiencing the same thing today :roll:
Same!! Every time I got an email I would freak out only to be disappointed. Hopefullu today's the day! :)

Right? Please? I'm begging you GW!

Edit: does anyone plan on contacting later this week if it's still radio silence?

tparty

Bronze

Post by tparty » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:34 pm

Guess it looks like we're not hearing anything today :x maybe tomorrow... maybe the next day...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Charlie802

Bronze

Post by Charlie802 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:47 pm

tparty wrote:Guess it looks like we're not hearing anything today :x maybe tomorrow... maybe the next day...
This is just cruel...

Hopefulapplicant35

New

Post by Hopefulapplicant35 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:55 pm

Charlie802 wrote:
tparty wrote:
Same!! Every time I got an email I would freak out only to be disappointed. Hopefullu today's the day! :)

Edit: does anyone plan on contacting later this week if it's still radio silence?
I called and asked if there has been any movement. They said within 2-3 weeks but that is just a generic answer. I didn't give my name just asked for an update on the waitlist process. I don't think they would have us wait that long especially since the email said "as early as next week" :(

Edit: I also didn't mention that I received that email
Last edited by Hopefulapplicant35 on Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tparty

Bronze

Post by tparty » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:57 pm

Hopefulapplicant35 wrote:
Charlie802 wrote:
tparty wrote:

I called and asked if their has been any movement. They said within 2-3 weeks but that is just a generic answer. I didn't give my name just asked for an update on the waitlist process. I don't think they would have us wait that long especially since the email said "as early as next week" :(
Did you ask about the waitlist generally or specifically those who got the selective waitlist e-mails?

Hopefulapplicant35

New

Post by Hopefulapplicant35 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:58 pm

tparty wrote:
Charlie802 wrote:
tparty wrote:

I called and asked if their has been any movement. They said within 2-3 weeks but that is just a generic answer. I didn't give my name just asked for an update on the waitlist process. I don't think they would have us wait that long especially since the email said "as early as next week" :(
Did you ask about the waitlist generally or specifically those who got the selective waitlist e-mails?
Generally

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Hopefulapplicant35

New

Post by Hopefulapplicant35 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:01 pm

tparty wrote:
Charlie802 wrote:
tparty wrote:

How long did it take in previous years? Decision from the date the email was sent

Charlie802

Bronze

Post by Charlie802 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:02 pm

tparty wrote:
Charlie802 wrote:
tparty wrote:

How long did it take in previous years? Decision from the date the email was sent
Historically it was within a day or two after the feeler email. They appear to be moving slightly slower...

Hopefulapplicant35

New

Post by Hopefulapplicant35 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:08 pm

Charlie802 wrote:
tparty wrote:
Charlie802 wrote:
tparty wrote:

Historically it was within a day or two after the feeler email. They appear to be moving slightly slower...
No updates in LSN regarding people off waitlist. Although 3 withdrawn updates were made today. I received my waitlist decision at 5:06 PM so there is still hope for today :shock:

tparty

Bronze

Post by tparty » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:28 pm

tparty wrote:
Charlie802 wrote:
tparty wrote:

Generally
Oh okay if you asked about generally that makes sense because I don't think they go into their second wave until the people they accept first put in their seat deposits. But for people who got the email asking for a response, past years they got an acceptance only 1-2 days later!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Charlie802

Bronze

Post by Charlie802 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:39 pm

tparty wrote:
tparty wrote:
Charlie802 wrote:
tparty wrote:

Generally
Oh okay if you asked about generally that makes sense because I don't think they go into their second wave until the people they accept first put in their seat deposits. But for people who got the email asking for a response, past years they got an acceptance only 1-2 days later!
I really wish that they were following their historical trend this year. . .

OuttaTheBox

New

Post by OuttaTheBox » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:29 pm

What do you guys think our odds are (selective email) of getting "decent" scholarship money might be?

Charlie802

Bronze

Post by Charlie802 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:49 pm

OuttaTheBox wrote:What do you guys think our odds are (selective email) of getting "decent" scholarship money might be?
People have been offered money in previous years when taken off in the first wave. Which is what we *should* be. Hard to tell for certain though. Do you plan on trying to negotiate for more?

Dirtyolmuskrat

New

Post by Dirtyolmuskrat » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:00 pm

OuttaTheBox wrote:What do you guys think our odds are (selective email) of getting "decent" scholarship money might be?
Last year the people on lsn offered money off the waitlist got a lot less than people with the same stats outright accepted. :(

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Charlie802

Bronze

Post by Charlie802 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:42 pm

Dirtyolmuskrat wrote:
Last year the people on lsn offered money off the waitlist got a lot less than people with the same stats outright accepted. :(
Some is better than none! Definitely hope they offer us $$ though! Would make it very easy to deposit.

OuttaTheBox

New

Post by OuttaTheBox » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:08 pm

Charlie802 wrote:
People have been offered money in previous years when taken off in the first wave. Which is what we *should* be. Hard to tell for certain though. Do you plan on trying to negotiate for more?
Depends on how much I guess. I'm likely going to another school anyways thats wayyyy cheaper and now thanks to new rankings, ranked higher, but we'll see...still keeping options open!

Charlie802

Bronze

Post by Charlie802 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:15 pm

OuttaTheBox wrote:
Charlie802 wrote:
Depends on how much I guess. I'm likely going to another school anyways thats wayyyy cheaper and now thanks to new rankings, ranked higher, but we'll see...still keeping options open!
Mind sharing the other option? Can PM if you would like!

OuttaTheBox

New

Post by OuttaTheBox » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:52 pm

Charlie802 wrote:
OuttaTheBox wrote:
Charlie802 wrote:
PM Sent

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Jonesy2020

New

Post by Jonesy2020 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:51 am

Charlie802 wrote:
OuttaTheBox wrote:
Charlie802 wrote:
I imagine this is Washington & Lee. They offered me more than GW and have a much lower cost of attendance, so I went to their admitted students weekend. The school is beautiful and the environment was great. The only thing I would make note of is that Lexington is a very very small town and pretty much the opposite of the DC experience.

tparty

Bronze

Post by tparty » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:31 pm

Anybody who got the e-mail last week that asked for a reply thinking about calling admissions and asking what the deal is?

Charlie802

Bronze

Post by Charlie802 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:55 pm

tparty wrote:Anybody who got the e-mail last week that asked for a reply thinking about calling admissions and asking what the deal is?
I'm considering it. I may wait until tomorrow though. I don't want to come off as pushy, but I really want to know what's happening.

Dirtyolmuskrat

New

Post by Dirtyolmuskrat » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:51 am

Finally! In off the waitlist with an email. A package in the mail and more detailed email coming later

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”