Michigan Law School c/o 2020 Waitlist - NEW POLL Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How much effort are you putting in to get off the waitlist?

Didn't even respond to the survey/ghosted them
2%
Withdrew from waitlist
14%
Responded positively to the survey, but no real subsequent effort
23%
Sent an LOCI/e-mail, but have bigger waitlist fish to fry
21%
Sent multiple enthusiastic LOCIs/e-mails + visited Michigan, but considering other offers
6%
Offered first born child to Dean Z to get off this waitlist
15%
Just here because I feel sorry for ya'll
19%

Total votes: 107

rizzlebizness

Bronze

Re: Michigan Law School c/o 2020 Waitlist - NEW POLL

Post by rizzlebizness » Sun May 07, 2017 4:13 am

Due to HLS and NYU's historically large waitlist to acceptance %, there's gotta be some good movement on Michigan's WL, right?

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Mon May 08, 2017 1:37 am

rizzlebizness wrote:Due to HLS and NYU's historically large waitlist to acceptance %, there's gotta be some good movement on Michigan's WL, right?
I hope so! I don't know wether NYU is pulling from its large waitlist. It seems not that many people are getting UR on their status checkers, so I assume their first WL wave is pretty small.

chichi1992

Bronze

Post by chichi1992 » Tue May 09, 2017 5:15 pm

Has anyone been released yet?

FugMyLife111

New

Post by FugMyLife111 » Tue May 09, 2017 6:37 pm

chichi1992 wrote:Has anyone been released yet?
I don't think anyone has been yet.

haley12

Silver

Post by haley12 » Fri May 12, 2017 4:02 pm

Sent in a LOCI the other day and just got the sweetest response! Obviously hope is still dead, but I really appreciate how considerate they are :lol:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Motion22Step

New

Post by Motion22Step » Fri May 12, 2017 4:56 pm

haley12 wrote:Sent in a LOCI the other day and just got the sweetest response! Obviously hope is still dead, but I really appreciate how considerate they are :lol:
That's cool. I thought the WL notification they sent me was really classy. It felt like a gentle breakup ("It's not you, it's us ... even though we're amazing ... and so are you, of course!) lol. They're so likable, it's frustrating.

Mind if I ask whether the response reiterated what their FAQ says about them having strong deposit responses?

janereacher

Bronze

Post by janereacher » Fri May 12, 2017 5:12 pm

Got the official release/rejection e-mail today. I appreciate how classy the University of Michigan has been throughout this process!

charles117

Bronze

Post by charles117 » Fri May 12, 2017 5:19 pm

janereacher wrote:Got the official release/rejection e-mail today. I appreciate how classy the University of Michigan has been throughout this process!
+1

Nightwing

Bronze

Post by Nightwing » Fri May 12, 2017 5:23 pm

I'm so sorry to those released today. :(

I hope you have great luck and offers elsewhere.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

haley12

Silver

Post by haley12 » Fri May 12, 2017 5:27 pm

Motion22Step wrote:
haley12 wrote:Sent in a LOCI the other day and just got the sweetest response! Obviously hope is still dead, but I really appreciate how considerate they are :lol:
That's cool. I thought the WL notification they sent me was really classy. It felt like a gentle breakup ("It's not you, it's us ... even though we're amazing ... and so are you, of course!) lol. They're so likable, it's frustrating.

Mind if I ask whether the response reiterated what their FAQ says about them having strong deposit responses?
No, it didn't. Doesn't mean it's no longer true but their response was positive. Basically just "thank you and be in touch" but much nicer :)

haley12

Silver

Post by haley12 » Fri May 12, 2017 5:30 pm

charles117 wrote:
janereacher wrote:Got the official release/rejection e-mail today. I appreciate how classy the University of Michigan has been throughout this process!
+1
Would either of you mind PMing or posting stats? Just wondering about the stats they are going for. Best of luck with the rest of your cycles!

chichi1992

Bronze

Post by chichi1992 » Fri May 12, 2017 7:36 pm

haley12 wrote:
charles117 wrote:
+1
Would either of you mind PMing or posting stats? Just wondering about the stats they are going for. Best of luck with the rest of your cycles!
I am also curious! Sorry to hear about the releases, though :( Did you guys submit LOCIs?

janereacher

Bronze

Post by janereacher » Mon May 15, 2017 9:52 pm

I was a longshot - URM 160/3.47 so not a huge surprise but getting WL'd did make me a little hopeful!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Mon May 15, 2017 10:15 pm

janereacher wrote:I was a longshot - URM 160/3.47 so not a huge surprise but getting WL'd did make me a little hopeful!
I think it is just they don't need any more URMs for this cycle. They are probably looking for something else, like high GPAs.

ckb614

New

Post by ckb614 » Wed May 17, 2017 1:24 pm

Just withdrew and threw back some cash. Seems like a great school. Good luck!

chichi1992

Bronze

Post by chichi1992 » Thu May 18, 2017 9:59 am

ckb614 wrote:Just withdrew and threw back some cash. Seems like a great school. Good luck!
Thank you!!

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Sun May 21, 2017 11:49 am

But still no movement whatsoever. I have really counted Michigan as "dead" in my mind.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

suitsandpotions

New

Post by suitsandpotions » Mon May 22, 2017 9:22 am

melmelcoolj wrote:But still no movement whatsoever. I have really counted Michigan as "dead" in my mind.
I feel like we will have some movement before the long weekend. Could just be wishful thinking though lol

Zuko

New

Post by Zuko » Wed May 24, 2017 10:02 am

The Waitlist FAQ page just updated:

Orientation for our summer-start cohort will take place on May 30, 2017. After this writing the summer section is fully enrolled, and we do not expect any last-minute changes. We also have a full enrollment for our fall start, but are seeing a lot of waitlist action at many of our peer schools. We will continue to update this page with any developments.

littlekidlover

New

Post by littlekidlover » Wed May 24, 2017 10:16 am

Zuko wrote:The Waitlist FAQ page just updated:

Orientation for our summer-start cohort will take place on May 30, 2017. After this writing the summer section is fully enrolled, and we do not expect any last-minute changes. We also have a full enrollment for our fall start, but are seeing a lot of waitlist action at many of our peer schools. We will continue to update this page with any developments.
Good find! UVA e-mail saying more or less the same thing just went out this morning - the two schools seem to be really in sync this cycle. :?

Bronze

Post by 88234 » Wed May 24, 2017 10:21 am

littlekidlover wrote:

Good find! UVA e-mail saying more or less the same thing just went out this morning - the two schools seem to be really in sync this cycle. :?
Michigan. Uva. You both make me sad.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Thu May 25, 2017 5:23 am

88234 wrote:
littlekidlover wrote:

I don't understand why NYU could be having a lot of waitlist movement, so are NU (from today), Cornell and Duke. But the middle tier is exempt? So is NYU intentionally taking from the bottom of the T13?

littlekidlover

New

Post by littlekidlover » Thu May 25, 2017 10:26 am

melmelcoolj wrote:
88234 wrote:
littlekidlover wrote:

I don't understand why NYU could be having a lot of waitlist movement, so are NU (from today), Cornell and Duke. But the middle tier is exempt? So is NYU intentionally taking from the bottom of the T13?
If they had a high yield initially, UVA and Mich will have less WL activity regardless of how many get pulled away by the T6. NYU is not intentionally taking students who have deposited at certain schools (???). It's just that UVA and Mich seem to have had strong initial yields and have fuller classes. So if they lose a handful of depositors they won't be as WL-trigger-happy as schools with less full classes.

VA2lawschool

Bronze

Post by VA2lawschool » Thu May 25, 2017 10:56 am

littlekidlover wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:
88234 wrote:
littlekidlover wrote:

If they had a high yield initially, UVA and Mich will have less WL activity regardless of how many get pulled away by the T6. NYU is not intentionally taking students who have deposited at certain schools (???). It's just that UVA and Mich seem to have had strong initial yields and have fuller classes. So if they lose a handful of depositors they won't be as WL-trigger-happy as schools with less full classes.
Also, I'm sure there are many people who got into NYU and decided to go with UVA/Michigan for financial reasons, so I could see many people getting off the waitlist at NYU and turning it down because of no merit aid or just pulling themselves off the waitlist entirely if they already had money at UVA/Mich.

littlekidlover

New

Post by littlekidlover » Wed May 31, 2017 9:15 am

Did everyone just get the feeler e-mail from Zearfoss?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”