Waitlist success stories? Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
melmelcoolj

Bronze

Re: Waitlist success stories?

Post by melmelcoolj » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:58 pm

chargers21 wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
blelwoods wrote:
latinxlawschool2020 wrote:
latinxlawschool2020 wrote:I would love to hear some more success stories ! Im waitlisted at one of my top schools that is notorious for waitlisting so many applicants- Columbia.

I do know one person( a classmate) who got off the Columbia waitlist last year 2016 though he declined and decided not go to law school.

Do you know what month it was? I'm curious if they really accept people in July or even August?
I know someone that got into Duke like 24 hours before class started
24 hours before class started? LOL! Then it's probably an orientation no-show.
Is that even possible? I wonder where that person is going to live, since I'm having a little difficulty finding apartments as of now (3 months before the beginning of classes).
He actually attended, and lived in his car for like a week and a half until he found a law school student with an open room willing to let him move in lol

I still haven't gotten housing because I'm playing the field a bit on waitlists, but in the next week or so I'll probably sign a lease at century trinity estates. The management gets horrible reviews, but the rooms are nice and it's right by garret west so the drive isn't too bad. Plus they have vacancy lol
I've heard good things about Century Trinity. But I thought it's super expensive.
I've already got a lease at Pinnacle Ridge, but I've till July 6 to sign the lease. I'm contemplating holding off till then to sign my lease, since at that point I'm probably not getting into H or N or C for that matter.

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:41 pm

melmelcoolj wrote: I've heard good things about Century Trinity. But I thought it's super expensive.
I've already got a lease at Pinnacle Ridge, but I've till July 6 to sign the lease. I'm contemplating holding off till then to sign my lease, since at that point I'm probably not getting into H or N or C for that matter.
Two bedroom places aren't too bad there, pretty much on par with those types of places. How much does Pinnacle Ridge run?

lstime

New

Post by lstime » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:08 pm

Super Splitter with around 3.0-3.4 GPA and 177-178 LSAT.

Waitlisted at all T-13s (except rejected at Cornell and didn't apply to Yale and Stanford).

Got off Duke's waitlist with money and just got off NYU's waitlist-- choosing Duke w/ the scholly > NYU because I have to pay for part of law school and would rather get out of school with minimal debt and also because NYU seems marginally better, if at all.
Last edited by lstime on Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

34iplaw

Gold

Post by 34iplaw » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:22 pm

That's a fairly big range, but I'm kind of surprised you didn't get CLS but I think your reasoning for NYU vs. Duke would still be correct if you swapped NYU with CLS.

Duke seems to be pretty fair to those off the WL regarding money. I was shortchanged a little, but the reasons for that were fair and understandable.

Halfcooked

New

Post by Halfcooked » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:59 pm

post removed

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Halfcooked

New

Post by Halfcooked » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:00 am

Halfcooked wrote:
amta wrote:
Halfcooked wrote: post removed[/b]
:
post removed.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!