Pepperdine ($$$) vs. UC Hastings/Davis Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mrbuckfutter

New

Re: Pepperdine ($$$) vs. UC Hastings/Davis

Post by mrbuckfutter » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:01 am

brizz9 wrote:
mrbuckfutter wrote:Both Davis and Hastings 3Ls have called me to talk and they confirm that Hastings OCI recruitment in general is not geared toward PI while Davis 3L talked up a storm about all the PI they do and admitted they aren't geared toward biglaw.
Hastings actually hosts a career day with formal OCIs specifically for public interest. I spoke to a couple of public interest attorneys in the Bay Area in the past week, and while they both had good things to say about Davis, they made it clear that they felt Hastings offered stronger opportunities (one was a public defender, the other works in employment law). One of the things they stressed was Hastings advantage of being based in San Francisco where many of the top PI jobs are. They both have excellent LRAP programs.

The Hastings I talked to was very biglaw oriented..

I think PD requires better prestige from what I saw on sock's blog and Hastings would be good for that. But iono Davis is MLK Hall.. so i would assume that its more PI-esqe.. but that's totally specious claim i knows.

brizz9

Bronze

Re: Pepperdine ($$$) vs. UC Hastings/Davis

Post by brizz9 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:43 am

mrbuckfutter wrote: The Hastings I talked to was very biglaw oriented..

I think PD requires better prestige from what I saw on sock's blog and Hastings would be good for that. But iono Davis is MLK Hall.. so i would assume that its more PI-esqe.. but that's totally specious claim i knows.
Yeah, Davis has a strong PI program, just the information I've been getting as far as career prospects in PI has been tilted in favor of Hastings. Could be because I'm pretty focused on working in the Bay Area. Need to talk to some more people.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”