Northwestern c/o 2020 WAITLIST Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
chargers21

Gold

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 WAITLIST

Post by chargers21 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:36 pm

StopLawying wrote:
chargers21 wrote:Don't quote.
But you're currently deposited at one school, right? So not sure how including more offers would help.
Yes I am, but another t13 accepted me recently and they asked for any offers I had turned down in addition to the offer from where I deposited. Plus, it would be useful to include my UChi offer for obvious reasons

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:43 pm

chargers21 wrote:Don't quote. NU wants waitlisted candidates to fill out the standard reconsideration form if they want reconsideration. Only allows for 2 other offers. Which sucks because they were my second worst financial aid offer and I had a lot to work with
Where is the reconsideration form? But at this point I'm just wondering if it's going to be worth the negotiation.

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:53 pm

melmelcoolj wrote:
Where is the reconsideration form? But at this point I'm just wondering if it's going to be worth the negotiation.
https://apply.law.northwestern.edu/regi ... sideration

The FAQ makes it sound like they wouldn't consider doing anything more than matching better ranked schools. I wouldn't go there unless they beat the other schools, so I guess not really worth it for me

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:08 pm

chargers21 wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:
https://apply.law.northwestern.edu/regi ... sideration

The FAQ makes it sound like they wouldn't consider doing anything more than matching better ranked schools. I wouldn't go there unless they beat the other schools, so I guess not really worth it for me
Yeah, I decided to just not bother. It's too much trouble. NU is more expensive than Duke for me even if they give me the exact same amount of $$, because of the location and tuition rates.

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:20 pm

fill out the reconsideration form. significant increases are possible

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Jclubb

New

Post by Jclubb » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Anybody who was accepted from the waitlist recently care to share how they're deciding between the school they were already deposited at and Northwestern?

I'm currently deposited at NYU and was very happy with my decision until I saw NU's scholarship offer and now I'm really on the fence and I don't know if either school will up their offer to make this decision easier.

blelwoods

Bronze

Post by blelwoods » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:46 pm

Jclubb wrote:Anybody who was accepted from the waitlist recently care to share how they're deciding between the school they were already deposited at and Northwestern?

I'm currently deposited at NYU and was very happy with my decision until I saw NU's scholarship offer and now I'm really on the fence and I don't know if either school will up their offer to make this decision easier.

Congrats! That is tough! How long do you have to decide?

Jclubb

New

Post by Jclubb » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:51 pm

blelwoods wrote:
Jclubb wrote:Anybody who was accepted from the waitlist recently care to share how they're deciding between the school they were already deposited at and Northwestern?

Congrats! That is tough! How long do you have to decide?
Thursday... hoping to hear something from one or both schools' fin aid before then. It would make it easier if one of them were to increase their aid. Especially if Northwestern were to be even more generous I wouldn't be able to turn it down.

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:34 am

Withdrew and threw back some cash. It was a hard decision. But hope one of you would get in with money!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

haley12

Silver

Post by haley12 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:48 am

melmelcoolj wrote:Withdrew and threw back some cash. It was a hard decision. But hope one of you would get in with money!
Thanks! Where are you headed?

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:33 am

haley12 wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:Withdrew and threw back some cash. It was a hard decision. But hope one of you would get in with money!
Thanks! Where are you headed?
I pm-ed you! I haven't decided, but I just don't think I would go to NU either way.

LegallyBlackJD

Bronze

Post by LegallyBlackJD » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:38 am

Since yesterday was the deadline for the first wave of WL acceptances, I hope that we hear something today or next week!

Don't know if it is relevant, but the FB Group only has 157 members, with a few being admin. I know some people don't have FB... let's say even 20 people didn't have FB... it still seems like N has more than a few spots to fill.

Let us bow our heads and pray.

Happy Friday!

blelwoods

Bronze

Post by blelwoods » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:35 am

LegallyBlackJD wrote:Since yesterday was the deadline for the first wave of WL acceptances, I hope that we hear something today or next week!

Don't know if it is relevant, but the FB Group only has 157 members, with a few being admin. I know some people don't have FB... let's say even 20 people didn't have FB... it still seems like N has more than a few spots to fill.

Happy Friday!

Appreciate the update? How large was the last incoming class?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

LegallyBlackJD

Bronze

Post by LegallyBlackJD » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:21 pm

blelwoods wrote:
LegallyBlackJD wrote:Since yesterday was the deadline for the first wave of WL acceptances, I hope that we hear something today or next week!

Happy Friday!

2019 ABA: 215
2019 FB Group (Students only count): 197

2018 ABA: 213
2018 FB Group (Students Only count): 201

So *fingers crossed* they should be making at least 30 more offers..... :-X (probably more than that - but I mean they need 30 more students at least).

blelwoods

Bronze

Post by blelwoods » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:48 pm

LegallyBlackJD wrote:
blelwoods wrote:

Happy Friday!

So *fingers crossed* they should be making at least 30 more offers..... :-X (probably more than that - but I mean they need 30 more students at least).

Thank you!!! Lets hope and if so, I'm hoping that includes us. You think there might be movement today or next week?

LegallyBlackJD

Bronze

Post by LegallyBlackJD » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:49 pm

blelwoods wrote:
LegallyBlackJD wrote:
blelwoods wrote:

Happy Friday!

Thank you!!! Lets hope and if so, I'm hoping that includes us. You think there might be movement today or next week?
No problem! Yes, I hope we are included in the next wave! I'm thinking next week seems plausible. We haven't had movement at all this month (seemingly) so fingers crossed!

BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?)

Bronze

Post by BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?) » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:50 pm

can confirm that someone got a feeler e-mail yesterday.I didn't though :-/

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

yingcaca

New

Post by yingcaca » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:51 pm

BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?) wrote:can confirm that someone got a feeler e-mail yesterday.I didn't though :-/
Thank you for the update.

Feeling :(

blelwoods

Bronze

Post by blelwoods » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:26 pm

yingcaca wrote:
BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?) wrote:can confirm that someone got a feeler e-mail yesterday.I didn't though :-/
Thank you for the update.

Feeling :(

Ugh! same :cry:

blelwoods

Bronze

Post by blelwoods » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:36 pm

Is NU their top choice?

orangejuice23

New

Post by orangejuice23 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:08 am

I received the feeler email on Friday. It looks to be very similar in verbiage to the ones that were sent out in May before the first round of waitlist offers. Deadline to respond is Monday afternoon.

Does this mean I am getting an offer?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?)

Bronze

Post by BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:19 am

blelwoods wrote:

Is NU their top choice?
Not now. Committed and lease signed elsewhere.

BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?)

Bronze

Post by BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:21 am

orangejuice23 wrote:I received the feeler email on Friday. It looks to be very similar in verbiage to the ones that were sent out in May before the first round of waitlist offers. Deadline to respond is Monday afternoon.

You should be. Congrats! Can you tell what are your numbers and what are you leaning towards? Thanks and good luck!

LegallyBlackJD

Bronze

Post by LegallyBlackJD » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:19 am

orangejuice23 wrote:I received the feeler email on Friday. It looks to be very similar in verbiage to the ones that were sent out in May before the first round of waitlist offers. Deadline to respond is Monday afternoon.

Congrats!!! Seems to be the trend that feeler = upcoming acceptance.

Did you send LOCIs? Did you do the WL interview?

tibbynugget

New

Post by tibbynugget » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:21 pm

For those who were admitted during the May 25th wave, how soon after did you receive scholarship information?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”