Northwestern c/o 2020 WAITLIST Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
StopLawying

Silver

Re: Northwestern c/o 2020 WAITLIST

Post by StopLawying » Sun May 28, 2017 6:42 pm

chargers21 wrote:
alpha kenny body wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
StopLawying wrote:So does everyone have June 2nd deadline to get CSS and essays in?
What essays? :shock:
scholly requires essays brah
The instructions that I got mentioned no essays whatsoever
There's a scholarship application form you need to submit separately, which includes two 300-500 word essays. It's on the admitted students website.

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Sun May 28, 2017 6:50 pm

Last edited by chargers21 on Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

gwillygecko

Bronze

Post by gwillygecko » Sun May 28, 2017 11:37 pm

The financial aid email lists a scholarship and grant supplemental application to fill out in addition to css, also its available on asw under financial aid

StopLawying

Silver

Post by StopLawying » Sun May 28, 2017 11:41 pm

gwillygecko wrote:It should be in the instructions on the financial aid email if you have to do it
There was no mention of essays in the email we got, but on the admitted students website, under the header "financial aid", there's a scholarship application form which includes 2 essays. Just wondering if that's something that needs to be filled out also by ppl who got off waitlist.

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Mon May 29, 2017 4:37 am

StopLawying wrote:
gwillygecko wrote:It should be in the instructions on the financial aid email if you have to do it
There was no mention of essays in the email we got, but on the admitted students website, under the header "financial aid", there's a scholarship application form which includes 2 essays. Just wondering if that's something that needs to be filled out also by ppl who got off waitlist.
Has someone called regarding this? I plan on calling them early Monday morning. Hopefully, we don't have to do the essays as people who get off the waitlist.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Jclubb

New

Post by Jclubb » Mon May 29, 2017 11:26 am

chargers21 wrote:
alpha kenny body wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
StopLawying wrote:So does everyone have June 2nd deadline to get CSS and essays in?
What essays? :shock:
scholly requires essays brah
The instructions that I got mentioned no essays whatsoever
Yea, I saw no mention of essays anywhere in the instructions. I don't think they're making waitlist admits do essays for scholarships. But I'm not positive. I just thought they would've said that in the email if they wanted us to do them

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Mon May 29, 2017 11:43 am

hellohello123

New

Post by hellohello123 » Mon May 29, 2017 1:55 pm

chargers21 wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:
StopLawying wrote:
Has someone called regarding this? I plan on calling them early Monday morning. Hopefully, we don't have to do the essays as people who get off the waitlist.
Let us know the word, valiant knight
Are they even open today? I'm calling the financial aid office just in case, but no one's picking up.

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Mon May 29, 2017 10:22 pm

hellohello123 wrote:
chargers21 wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:
StopLawying wrote:
Let us know the word, valiant knight
Are they even open today? I'm calling the financial aid office just in case, but no one's picking up.
Contacted admissions earlier, and they responded saying we only have to do FAFSA and CSS. And if you are not applying for federal loans, it is only CSS.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

savethebees88

New

Post by savethebees88 » Wed May 31, 2017 12:43 am

Congrats to everyone who got in off the waitlist last Thursday! Unfortunately I was not one of them, but I'm still hoping. If you can, plz do those of us hoping for NU with every fiber of their beings a solid and keep us updated if you choose not to accept the offer!

EWofNell

Bronze

Post by EWofNell » Wed May 31, 2017 1:06 pm

I called Fin aid to ask a question about my CSS and FAFSA and they said they would email me if there were any problems at my northwestern email address and to know my northwestern ID number. I have no idea what this is and can't find it anywhere in my old emails or documents? does anyone know anything about this?

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Wed May 31, 2017 9:40 pm

EWofNell wrote:I called Fin aid to ask a question about my CSS and FAFSA and they said they would email me if there were any problems at my northwestern email address and to know my northwestern ID number. I have no idea what this is and can't find it anywhere in my old emails or documents? does anyone know anything about this?
What? They seem to be contacting me via my regular email address. I don't think they use your other email, no?

EWofNell

Bronze

Post by EWofNell » Wed May 31, 2017 10:41 pm

melmelcoolj wrote:
EWofNell wrote:I called Fin aid to ask a question about my CSS and FAFSA and they said they would email me if there were any problems at my northwestern email address and to know my northwestern ID number. I have no idea what this is and can't find it anywhere in my old emails or documents? does anyone know anything about this?
What? They seem to be contacting me via my regular email address. I don't think they use your other email, no?
I have no idea I'm really confused. I emailed admissions to find out where I can find my email address and whatever

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:10 pm

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:02 pm

EWofNell wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:
I have no idea I'm really confused. I emailed admissions to find out where I can find my email address and whatever
I just received several emails regarding setting up a NetID and NU Law email address. I think they say they will only communicate important school info through that email. I guess they are using this to gauge our interests, since I don't know why they can't just send it to my regular address.

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:29 pm

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:11 pm

No one has heard back from financial aid? Just received the very cute moleskine NU notebook that I will keep as a souvenir. IF NU has actually gotten that super generous endowment it mentions in the admission letter, I wonder what's taking so long.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:47 pm

Last edited by chargers21 on Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:43 pm

chargers21 wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:No one has heard back from financial aid? Just received the very cute moleskine NU notebook that I will keep as a souvenir. IF NU has actually gotten that super generous endowment it mentions in the admission letter, I wonder what's taking so long.
I held off signing my lease. They better do something quick
Yeah, me too - and I'm afraid there would be people taking my spot at my apartment complex in Durham. I got a pretty good deal, and I'm worried other people are applying for the same apartment for the lower price. But I believe their director of fin aid/scholarships is coming back from a break today. So fingers crossed for later today or Tuesday.

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:50 pm

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:53 pm

Emailed them and was told they are reviewing fin aid/scholarship info this week, and they will have a decision towards the end of this week. Sounds like Friday or the following Monday to me.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

StopLawying

Silver

Post by StopLawying » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:11 pm

melmelcoolj wrote:Emailed them and was told they are reviewing fin aid/scholarship info this week, and they will have a decision towards the end of this week. Sounds like Friday or the following Monday to me.
Wow, that gives us little time to make a decision.

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:27 pm

StopLawying wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:Emailed them and was told they are reviewing fin aid/scholarship info this week, and they will have a decision towards the end of this week. Sounds like Friday or the following Monday to me.
Yeah, I know. But I guess you can argue that and try to get more time for yourself. To be clear, they said they are getting back to ME later this week, you might get it earlier than I do. When do we have till? I thought it's June 15?

StopLawying

Silver

Post by StopLawying » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:55 pm

melmelcoolj wrote:
StopLawying wrote:
Yeah, I know. But I guess you can argue that and try to get more time for yourself. To be clear, they said they are getting back to ME later this week, you might get it earlier than I do. When do we have till? I thought it's June 15?
Wouldn't mind hearing back later this week, but next week would make things tough. Did you call or email?

chargers21

Gold

Post by chargers21 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:10 am

Last edited by chargers21 on Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”