Columbia Reserve Group c/o 2020 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Assuming acceptance, would you pay sticker?

Yes
53%
No
25%
I really don't even want to think about that right now
22%

Total votes: 230

NeneLeakesss_409

Bronze

Re: Columbia Reserve Group c/o 2020

Post by NeneLeakesss_409 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:01 pm

eck456 wrote:
NeneLeakesss_409 wrote:
angelfan5589 wrote:
charles117 wrote:
NeneLeakesss_409 wrote:What are the odds of someone from second reserve getting in? I'm trying to remain optimistic but this shit is stressing me out. Decided if I don't get in on any of my waitlists I'm going to reapply in the Fall, bc I applied so late in the application cycle
I wouldnt hold my breath
I would say if you're open to reapplying and you're not taking the LSAT again, you should start getting your things in order so that you can apply ED or apply early in the cycle with a strong app. Less stress and you can use the time productively getting ahead of the cycle rather than pulling your hair out.

Based on previous years, very few people on TLS have gotten in from second reserve but it's not unheard of. Could be that there are people out there who do get in who are just not on TLS or that Columbia has a full class by July and doesn't usually have open spots. However, movement should happen around the second or third week of July whether that's a ding, invite to interview, or third reserve.
The question I had was if you reapply, do you need to write an entirely new personal statement? Bc my personal statement has the genuine reasons why I want to go to law school, and I don't think I can just rewrite that.
Yup you need to write a new one or they think it's evidence that you're not committed. and they look at the two statements together so if you write stuff that doesn't align with what you wrote last year they'll have questions/ problems (while being distinct and fresh from what you used last year). You can reuse your lsac account and the letters of recommendation (tho some require at least one new letter - Stanford?) unless you're in a dual degree and then they want at least one internally. Reapplication is a massive pain in the ass, but at least personally I had a better cycle this year largely just due to politics and what I want to do being in the news all the time, but you never know how things will go *shrug*
im going to PM you lol
Last edited by NeneLeakesss_409 on Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

latinxlawschool2020

New

Post by latinxlawschool2020 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:24 pm

Mootmath wrote:
blelwoods wrote:LOCI # 3 is sent!

The last waitlist letter said they would be reviewing applications at the end of June! Best of luck to everyone :D
Did they send you back a confirmation E-mail?
I would Like to know this too, I sent a LOCI back in May and no confirmation. IDK if I should even ask for one? ugh

eck456

Bronze

Post by eck456 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:12 am

NeneLeakesss_409 wrote:
eck456 wrote:
NeneLeakesss_409 wrote:
angelfan5589 wrote:
charles117 wrote:
NeneLeakesss_409 wrote:What are the odds of someone from second reserve getting in? I'm trying to remain optimistic but this shit is stressing me out. Decided if I don't get in on any of my waitlists I'm going to reapply in the Fall, bc I applied so late in the application cycle
I wouldnt hold my breath
I would say if you're open to reapplying and you're not taking the LSAT again, you should start getting your things in order so that you can apply ED or apply early in the cycle with a strong app. Less stress and you can use the time productively getting ahead of the cycle rather than pulling your hair out.

Based on previous years, very few people on TLS have gotten in from second reserve but it's not unheard of. Could be that there are people out there who do get in who are just not on TLS or that Columbia has a full class by July and doesn't usually have open spots. However, movement should happen around the second or third week of July whether that's a ding, invite to interview, or third reserve.
The question I had was if you reapply, do you need to write an entirely new personal statement? Bc my personal statement has the genuine reasons why I want to go to law school, and I don't think I can just rewrite that.
Yup you need to write a new one or they think it's evidence that you're not committed. and they look at the two statements together so if you write stuff that doesn't align with what you wrote last year they'll have questions/ problems (while being distinct and fresh from what you used last year). You can reuse your lsac account and the letters of recommendation (tho some require at least one new letter - Stanford?) unless you're in a dual degree and then they want at least one internally. Reapplication is a massive pain in the ass, but at least personally I had a better cycle this year largely just due to politics and what I want to do being in the news all the time, but you never know how things will go *shrug*
fuck...im going to PM you lol
Sry been off TLS this week - I'll get you back today!

NeneLeakesss_409

Bronze

Post by NeneLeakesss_409 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:41 am

latinxlawschool2020 wrote:
Mootmath wrote:

The last waitlist letter said they would be reviewing applications at the end of June! Best of luck to everyone :D
I would Like to know this too, I sent a LOCI back in May and no confirmation. IDK if I should even ask for one? ugh
You can always call and ask if they received it! I did that recently and they confirmed they had it.

latinxlawschool2020

New

Post by latinxlawschool2020 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:35 am

NeneLeakesss_409 wrote:
Mootmath wrote:

You can always call and ask if they received it! I did that recently and they confirmed they had it.
Thanks. I decided to email them, they said they received it! Damn even though they have it they still 2nd reserved me >.< pretty much told them I'd drop everything and move to NY in a heartbeat.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:04 am

NeneLeakesss_409 wrote:
Mootmath wrote:

Thanks. I decided to email them, they said they received it! Damn even though they have it they still 2nd reserved me >.< pretty much told them I'd drop everything and move to NY in a heartbeat.
Haha, wrote back and basically said the same thing! Columbia pity me! I thought I would tell them that I actually live very close to them (can't afford housing in Washington Square or midtown), but I was terrified that they would think I'm a scary stalker.

barkerintokyo

New

Post by barkerintokyo » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:46 am

melmelcoolj wrote:
NeneLeakesss_409 wrote:
Mootmath wrote:

Haha, wrote back and basically said the same thing! Columbia pity me! I thought I would tell them that I actually live very close to them (can't afford housing in Washington Square or midtown), but I was terrified that they would think I'm a scary stalker.
welcome to the neighborhood (I live in Morningside Heights)! but i'm probably leaving nyc soon tho, since I'm not hearing from Columbia nor NYU :cry:

NeneLeakesss_409

Bronze

Post by NeneLeakesss_409 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:38 pm

eck456 wrote:
NeneLeakesss_409 wrote:
eck456 wrote:
NeneLeakesss_409 wrote:
angelfan5589 wrote:
charles117 wrote:
I wouldnt hold my breath

fuck...im going to PM you lol
Sry been off TLS this week - I'll get you back today!
Eck456 wyaaa

ml0606148

New

Post by ml0606148 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:51 am

it's getting closer to the so-called mid-July....

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ZVBXRPL

Silver

Post by ZVBXRPL » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:46 am

ml0606148 wrote:it's getting closer to the so-called mid-July....
wait what happens in mid-july?

lawapplicant2020

New

Post by lawapplicant2020 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:06 pm

Do we know when Columbia's fall tuition payment deadline is?

NeneLeakesss_409

Bronze

Post by NeneLeakesss_409 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:04 pm

ZVBXRPL wrote:
Second Reserve folks start hearing back

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:05 pm

NeneLeakesss_409 wrote:
ZVBXRPL wrote:
Talking about the suspense! Hmmmm...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ZVBXRPL

Silver

Post by ZVBXRPL » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:21 pm

melmelcoolj wrote:
NeneLeakesss_409 wrote:
ZVBXRPL wrote:
loci to admissions@law.columbia.edu? or another email? ty!

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:30 pm

ZVBXRPL wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:
NeneLeakesss_409 wrote:
ZVBXRPL wrote:
I wrote another LOCI telling them I've moved to their neighborhood.
Well, tbh, I was just saving money...and could not afford NYU dorms. Hopefully they don't think I'm a crazy stalker.

NeneLeakesss_409

Bronze

Post by NeneLeakesss_409 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:59 am

melmelcoolj wrote:
ZVBXRPL wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:
NeneLeakesss_409 wrote:
ZVBXRPL wrote:
Well, tbh, I was just saving money...and could not afford NYU dorms. Hopefully they don't think I'm a crazy stalker.
Lol how many LOCI have you sent??

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:44 am

NeneLeakesss_409 wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:
ZVBXRPL wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:
NeneLeakesss_409 wrote:
ZVBXRPL wrote:
Lol how many LOCI have you sent??
Yes, like once per month? But everything other than my first were all like one-liners telling them I'm still interested.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ZVBXRPL

Silver

Post by ZVBXRPL » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:07 pm

u dont need interview for admissions, right?

tartan2016

New

Post by tartan2016 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:24 pm

ZVBXRPL wrote:u dont need interview for admissions, right?
For straight admissions (not waitlist), no. But I believe that to be admitted off reserve you do need to interview. Atleast that is what I have heard.

blelwoods

Bronze

Post by blelwoods » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:53 pm

Has anyone heard anything yet from the 2nd reserve group? The said mid-July and it's about the time? Maybe tomorrow or Monday?

NeneLeakesss_409

Bronze

Post by NeneLeakesss_409 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:34 pm

blelwoods wrote:Has anyone heard anything yet from the 2nd reserve group? The said mid-July and it's about the time? Maybe tomorrow or Monday?
Nope! Have a feeling it'll be Monday or Tuesday but I'm just speculating

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ml0606148

New

Post by ml0606148 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:45 pm

Hope Columbia would notify us soon since my current school's tuition fee deadline is approaching..... :shock:

34iplaw

Gold

Post by 34iplaw » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:51 pm

ml0606148 wrote:Hope Columbia would notify us soon since my current school's tuition fee deadline is approaching..... :shock:
Depending on the school, you'll get a full refund less fees (pretty small like <$100 I think) as long as its before the first day of orientation. Most will refund you the majority after, but it slides. Granted, you'd still possibly be looking at a situation of having to pay one tuition while waiting for the other to refund you.

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:17 pm

34iplaw wrote:
ml0606148 wrote:Hope Columbia would notify us soon since my current school's tuition fee deadline is approaching..... :shock:
Depending on the school, you'll get a full refund less fees (pretty small like <$100 I think) as long as its before the first day of orientation. Most will refund you the majority after, but it slides. Granted, you'd still possibly be looking at a situation of having to pay one tuition while waiting for the other to refund you.
I'm really not looking forward to that. Once I send my tuition in August, I would say it's over for Columbia.

34iplaw

Gold

Post by 34iplaw » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:54 pm

melmelcoolj wrote:
34iplaw wrote:
I'm really not looking forward to that. Once I send my tuition in August, I would say it's over for Columbia.
Yeah - I think that's a fair stance. I forget where you're set on. You can check when the different dates are... may make sense to notify them of the deadline as it gets closer, but I'm not certain that they'll care. Either way, that's a fair and probably prudent stance to have.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”