Columbia Reserve Group c/o 2020 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Assuming acceptance, would you pay sticker?

Yes
53%
No
25%
I really don't even want to think about that right now
22%

Total votes: 230

skurfy

New

Re: Columbia Reserve Group c/o 2020

Post by skurfy » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:25 pm

dinged by mail :( knew it was coming with no reserves yesterday. the dream is dead

blelwoods

Bronze

Post by blelwoods » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:04 pm

skurfy wrote:dinged by mail :( knew it was coming with no reserves yesterday. the dream is dead

do you mind sharing your numbers? feel free to message me.

skurfy

New

Post by skurfy » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:07 pm

blelwoods wrote:
skurfy wrote:dinged by mail :( knew it was coming with no reserves yesterday. the dream is dead

172 and below 25th GPA

verosawyer

New

Post by verosawyer » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:03 pm

does anyone know of anyone having gotten off reserve yet? i know they've had interviews the past week so im curious

myrik

New

Post by myrik » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:10 pm

Just got second reserve email. So they're still sending these out guys!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

haley12

Silver

Post by haley12 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:12 pm

skurfy wrote:
blelwoods wrote:

172 and below 25th GPA
odd because we have very similar stats. Best of luck. Where are you headed instead?

skurfy

New

Post by skurfy » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:18 pm

haley12 wrote:
skurfy wrote:
blelwoods wrote:

172 and below 25th GPA
odd because we have very similar stats. Best of luck. Where are you headed instead?
Gonna ride out three of my ten other waitlists but will probs end up applying ED and send other regular apps 9/1 for next cycle

Nightwing

Bronze

Post by Nightwing » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:20 pm

Second reserved. Seriously Columbia, clearly neither you nor any of my 10 remaining WL schools are actually interested in me. Why not just put me out of my misery already? :|

Nught

New

Post by Nught » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:32 pm

skurfy wrote:
blelwoods wrote:

172 and below 25th GPA
Together we would have made one hell of a candidate. We could have gone to Yale.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Nught

New

Post by Nught » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:35 pm

I still have not heard. I did not receive a reject in the mail today, and no email. It's June 14th and they began reviewing these the last week of May. The longer it goes the more its gonna suck if it is a reject. A slowwwwww reject.

ykstll

New

Post by ykstll » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:37 pm

Nightwing wrote:Second reserved. Seriously Columbia, clearly neither you nor any of my 10 remaining WL schools are actually interested in me. Why not just put me out of my misery already? :|
My thoughts exactly. Nightwing, you and I may be on this waitlist game forever (for the same schools too!)

Nightwing

Bronze

Post by Nightwing » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:46 pm

ykstll wrote:
Nightwing wrote:Second reserved. Seriously Columbia, clearly neither you nor any of my 10 remaining WL schools are actually interested in me. Why not just put me out of my misery already? :|
My thoughts exactly. Nightwing, you and I may be on this waitlist game forever (for the same schools too!)
Friends help. Perpetually ghosted applicants unite. :)

barkerintokyo

New

Post by barkerintokyo » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:19 pm

Let's keep this thread aliiiive, y'all!!!! :D :) :( :cry:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

NeneLeakesss_409

Bronze

Post by NeneLeakesss_409 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:08 pm

Second Reserve folks: is there anything we should be doing at this point? Or do we just wait it out

34iplaw

Gold

Post by 34iplaw » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:10 pm

NeneLeakesss_409 wrote:Second Reserve folks: is there anything we should be doing at this point? Or do we just wait it out
I wouldn't do anything beyond...

Dear x,

I still want to go to CLS.

Regards,
y

Note: I don't know better than anyone else but this is the course I am charting.

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:20 pm

34iplaw wrote:
NeneLeakesss_409 wrote:Second Reserve folks: is there anything we should be doing at this point? Or do we just wait it out

Dear x,

Regards,
y

Note: I don't know better than anyone else but this is the course I am charting.
Are you actually sending in the one-sentence LOCI to their system? It's a little weird with Columbia, since they want you to upload your LOCI, even if it's only one sentence. For a few days last week, I thought I was ding-ed by C. I can't believe how relieved I felt -- maybe that was just my body telling me I should just let it go.

34iplaw

Gold

Post by 34iplaw » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:28 pm

melmelcoolj wrote:
34iplaw wrote:

Dear x,

Regards,
y

Are you actually sending in the one-sentence LOCI to their system? It's a little weird with Columbia, since they want you to upload your LOCI, even if it's only one sentence. For a few days last week, I thought I was ding-ed by C. I can't believe how relieved I felt -- maybe that was just my body telling me I should just let it go.
Oh really? I mean I did that for a real LOCI. I guess I'd provide a brief update then. A one sentence upload may be weird. . Maybe where I'm deposited and my intent to enroll if admitted I suppose.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

thehours

New

Post by thehours » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:35 am

are folks only submitting LOCIs on their online system? Should I be emailing them as well? I submitted mine a few days ago and haven't heard anything

angelfan5589

New

Post by angelfan5589 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:42 am

thehours wrote:are folks only submitting LOCIs on their online system? Should I be emailing them as well? I submitted mine a few days ago and haven't heard anything
They usually don't send confirmation emails when you submit them.

Nught

New

Post by Nught » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:46 pm

angelfan5589 wrote:
thehours wrote:are folks only submitting LOCIs on their online system? Should I be emailing them as well? I submitted mine a few days ago and haven't heard anything
I submitted mine online, and then again through email to ensure that they got it. They do confirm emails.

I received and email from Columbia this morning. I thought it was going to be a second reserve email. But it was a confirmation email instead. I sent in a brief statement to supplement my LOCI and they sent this to me.

Dear Mr. ----------

Thank you for your continued interest in Columbia Law School. We have added this update to your file.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.

Best wishes,

Nught

New

Post by Nught » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:50 pm

Nught wrote:
angelfan5589 wrote:
I submitted mine online, and then again through email to ensure that they got it. They do confirm emails.

I received and email from Columbia this morning. I thought it was going to be a second reserve email. But it was a confirmation email instead. I sent in a brief statement to supplement my LOCI and they sent this to me.

Dear Mr. ----------

Thank you for your continued interest in Columbia Law School. We have added this update to your file.

Best wishes,

I hope that means that I do not have a snail mail in route, and that they are still actively reviewing me. Otherwise, to confirm my email without telling me I'm no longer in consideration would be just mean. Right?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:52 pm

Nught wrote:
Nught wrote:
angelfan5589 wrote:

Dear Mr. ----------

Best wishes,

I hope that means that I do not have a snail mail in route, and that they are still actively reviewing me. Otherwise, to confirm my email without telling me I'm no longer in consideration would be just mean. Right?
Not to play the devil's advocate, but it could be a standard reply to every addition. That's the exact message I got when I sent in my last LOCI. But I certainly hope you will still be under review!

stego

Platinum

Post by stego » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:18 am

Received my official letter in the mail yesterday, dated June 12th, notifying me that I was rejected from Columbia's waitlist

8)

angelfan5589

New

Post by angelfan5589 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:18 am

stego wrote:Received my official letter in the mail yesterday, dated June 12th, notifying me that I was rejected from Columbia's waitlist

8)
Sorry to hear that. Where are you headed?

Also, did you send in any updates like new LoRs or a LOCI?

angelfan5589

New

Post by angelfan5589 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:23 am

blelwoods wrote:
skurfy wrote:
blelwoods wrote:
angelfan5589 wrote:It's so hard to gauge how full their class is. There's only an unofficial class of 2020 group on FB which has around 210 people.

Do you know how large their incoming class usually is?

391 enrolled in fall '16

Thank you! Could it be that the other 181 don't have fb or have not found the group? What if schools are cutting their class size because of the drop in overall LSAT scores? :|

Don't know what to make of it, but there are now 193 members on the FB page.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”