Columbia Reserve Group c/o 2020 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Assuming acceptance, would you pay sticker?

Yes
53%
No
25%
I really don't even want to think about that right now
22%

Total votes: 230

lillawyer2

Silver

Re: Columbia Reserve Group c/o 2020

Post by lillawyer2 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:14 pm

ZVBXRPL wrote:
thehours wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:
thehours wrote:
ZVBXRPL wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:
NeneLeakesss_409 wrote:Any feedback guys?
nope lol
Nada. Registration is today btw.
Sorry, what do you mean by registration?

Also still here!
i think he/she means orientation
Got it. Thanks!
nope i meant both. just got rejected!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO via email?!!

ZVBXRPL

Silver

Post by ZVBXRPL » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:15 pm

yes via email!

Dear x,

As you know, during the past several months we have postponed making a final
determination on your application in order to give you every possible consideration for admission
to the 2017 entering class of Columbia Law School. We now regret to inform you that, in the end,
we were unable to take favorable action.
We hope that you understand that our decision was made only after very careful
consideration. With an abundance of highly qualified applicants and a limited number of places
available, we are unable to accept many candidates who demonstrated considerable professional
promise and would have made a valuable contribution to our Law School.
We do want you to know that we genuinely appreciate your interest in Columbia. We are
grateful for the patience and understanding that you have exercised in dealing with your uncertain
status during this extraordinarily competitive admissions season.
Experience suggests that a significant number of highly qualified applicants whom we are
unable to accept as first-year students will continue to be interested in studying law at Columbia.
In recent years, approximately 40-50 transfer students have entered our second-year class, after
earning distinguished records elsewhere. Please contact us in May or June of 2018 should you
decide to explore that possibility.
May we take this opportunity to wish you much success and satisfaction at your chosen
law school and beyond, throughout your career.

NeneLeakesss_409

Bronze

Post by NeneLeakesss_409 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:33 pm

Finally released from the reserve! Reapplying this cycle!
Last edited by NeneLeakesss_409 on Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

FEDRESRV

New

Post by FEDRESRV » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:14 pm

Also released.

TudoBem

Bronze

Post by TudoBem » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:38 pm

Released from third reserve today by email.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

thehours

New

Post by thehours » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:51 pm

Released.

Keilz

Gold

Post by Keilz » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:50 pm

I didn't get an email???

plutarchy

New

Post by plutarchy » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:51 pm

Released!

theoptimist17

New

Post by theoptimist17 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:01 pm

also released!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

muggleclutch

New

Post by muggleclutch » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:08 pm

released

wegotthis

New

Post by wegotthis » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:19 am

So how many of us are still here?
Last edited by wegotthis on Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

mtf612

Bronze

Post by mtf612 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:31 pm

Released via email

wegotthis

New

Post by wegotthis » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:54 pm

From everyone experiences are we fucked if we haven't heard back from them? Maybe a decision at the end of the week? Will one of us at least get in?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

AtSomePointItMatters

New

Post by AtSomePointItMatters » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:44 am

wegotthis wrote:From everyone experiences are we fucked if we haven't heard back from them? Maybe a decision at the end of the week? Will one of us at least get in?
+1. 3rd reserve. Radio silence from Columbia since then. I tried calling in but was unable to reach a real human. I'm thinking that they have at least one spot open, and they need to contact the no-show, then go down their ranked list of remaining reserve candidates. I imagine this takes some time, and they can't be candidate-less before classes begin. But I'm not sure.

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:33 am

ZVBXRPL wrote:yes via email!

Dear x,

determination on your application in order to give you every possible consideration for admission
to the 2017 entering class of Columbia Law School. We now regret to inform you that, in the end,
consideration. With an abundance of highly qualified applicants and a limited number of places
available, we are unable to accept many candidates who demonstrated considerable professional
We do want you to know that we genuinely appreciate your interest in Columbia. We are
grateful for the patience and understanding that you have exercised in dealing with your uncertain
Experience suggests that a significant number of highly qualified applicants whom we are
unable to accept as first-year students will continue to be interested in studying law at Columbia.
In recent years, approximately 40-50 transfer students have entered our second-year class, after
earning distinguished records elsewhere. Please contact us in May or June of 2018 should you
May we take this opportunity to wish you much success and satisfaction at your chosen
Got the same email a few days ago. And I almost replied, no, not going to transfer to Columbia, lol. But restrained myself somehow.

ZVBXRPL

Silver

Post by ZVBXRPL » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:46 am

melmelcoolj wrote:
ZVBXRPL wrote:yes via email!

Dear x,

Got the same email a few days ago. And I almost replied, no, not going to transfer to Columbia, lol. But restrained myself somehow.
lol

wegotthis

New

Post by wegotthis » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:12 pm

AtSomePointItMatters wrote:
wegotthis wrote:From everyone experiences are we fucked if we haven't heard back from them? Maybe a decision at the end of the week? Will one of us at least get in?
+1. 3rd reserve. Radio silence from Columbia since then. I tried calling in but was unable to reach a real human. I'm thinking that they have at least one spot open, and they need to contact the no-show, then go down their ranked list of remaining reserve candidates. I imagine this takes some time, and they can't be candidate-less before classes begin. But I'm not sure.
Is everyone being considered right now on 2nd or 3rd reserve? I have a feeling that they got rid of everyone on second reserve

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

wegotthis

New

Post by wegotthis » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:16 pm

Just a general question- Is everyone being considered right now on 2nd or 3rd reserve? I have a feeling that they got rid of everyone who is on 2nd reserve and are now only dealing with 3rd reserve folks. Thoughts please
Last edited by wegotthis on Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZVBXRPL

Silver

Post by ZVBXRPL » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:20 pm

wegotthis wrote:Just a general question- Is everyone being considered right now on 2nd or 3rd reserve? I have a feeling that they got rid of everyone who is on 2nd reserve and are now only dealing with 2nd reserve folks. Thoughts please
I was on 3rd and released monday i think

NeneLeakesss_409

Bronze

Post by NeneLeakesss_409 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:21 pm

wegotthis wrote:Just a general question- Is everyone being considered right now on 2nd or 3rd reserve? I have a feeling that they got rid of everyone who is on 2nd reserve and are now only dealing with 3rd reserve folks. Thoughts please
2nd reserve is over. You can't stay on 2nd reserve. 2nd reserve folks were either denied, admitted, or placed on 3rd.

wegotthis

New

Post by wegotthis » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:43 pm

NeneLeakesss_409 wrote:
wegotthis wrote:Just a general question- Is everyone being considered right now on 2nd or 3rd reserve? I have a feeling that they got rid of everyone who is on 2nd reserve and are now only dealing with 3rd reserve folks. Thoughts please
2nd reserve is over. You can't stay on 2nd reserve. 2nd reserve folks were either denied, admitted, or placed on 3rd.
Thanks. I didn't know, and I was just wondering. But thanks for clarifying. May the odds be in our favor. Did they tell you guys when they will get back to you?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

NeneLeakesss_409

Bronze

Post by NeneLeakesss_409 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:02 pm

wegotthis wrote:
NeneLeakesss_409 wrote:
Thanks. I didn't know, and I was just wondering. But thanks for clarifying. May the odds be in our favor. Did they tell you guys when they will get back to you?
No worries! I was rejected Monday but I wish y'all the best of luck!

NeneLeakesss_409

Bronze

Post by NeneLeakesss_409 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:03 pm

wegotthis wrote:
NeneLeakesss_409 wrote:
No worries! I was rejected Monday but I wish y'all the best of luck!

TudoBem

Bronze

Post by TudoBem » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:32 am

I just want to say good bye and best of luck to all my dear 3rd reserve folks. I am sure you are heading to an amazing law school. :D

wegotthis

New

Post by wegotthis » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:39 am

TudoBem wrote:I just want to say good bye and best of luck to all my dear 3rd reserve folks. I am sure you are heading to an amazing law school. :D
Where are you heading mate? And who else is here? Can we do another count?
+1

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”