Columbia Reserve Group c/o 2020 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Assuming acceptance, would you pay sticker?

Yes
53%
No
25%
I really don't even want to think about that right now
22%

Total votes: 230

ml0606148

New

Re: Columbia Reserve Group c/o 2020

Post by ml0606148 » Sun May 14, 2017 12:44 pm

sittykitty wrote:I sent two LOCIs before being put on Reserve (was Held for months), one as recently as mid-April. Should I still send them another one to tell them I'm still interested? No new updates since the most recent Hold LOCI.
just keep them updated with your continued interest, frequency would be good if you send LOCI for every two weeks or month

k8e260

New

Post by k8e260 » Fri May 19, 2017 12:55 am

Checking in

latinxlawschool2020

New

Post by latinxlawschool2020 » Fri May 19, 2017 6:28 am

k8e260 wrote:Checking in
+1 !!!!

abc12345678

New

Post by abc12345678 » Fri May 19, 2017 3:29 pm

Can someone please clarify this for me (I'm now a bit confused after looking at last year's reserve thread) is there a difference between wait list and reserve?

34iplaw

Gold

Post by 34iplaw » Fri May 19, 2017 3:35 pm

abc12345678 wrote:Can someone please clarify this for me (I'm now a bit confused after looking at last year's reserve thread) is there a difference between wait list and reserve?
Fairly sure it's the same thing.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

eck456

Bronze

Post by eck456 » Sat May 20, 2017 8:53 am

abc12345678 wrote:Can someone please clarify this for me (I'm now a bit confused after looking at last year's reserve thread) is there a difference between wait list and reserve?
Same thing, but I THINK there's first reserve and second reserve? Could be wrong but I remember last year at some point in the summer being moved from one to the other

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Sat May 20, 2017 10:04 pm

eck456 wrote:
Same thing, but I THINK there's first reserve and second reserve? Could be wrong but I remember last year at some point in the summer being moved from one to the other
I just went back and read my letter again. I think it only says I am on reserve, and they are postponing making a final decision till the end of May - when they review all candidates on reserve. If I am not mistaken, no one is initially placed on second reserve. They reject groups of people as the summer progresses, and then some people do get rejected, and the remaining on the waitlist after the first wave would be "second reserve."

enitar

New

Post by enitar » Tue May 23, 2017 12:17 pm

So.. .is the consensus that we won't see movement from Columbia until early June?

blahblahblah93!

New

Post by blahblahblah93! » Tue May 23, 2017 12:43 pm

Longtime lurker here. I have been on the reserve list since March I believe (honestly the months have just fused together during this wait, so I can't be certain). However, about a month ago I sent some emails to an admissions officer asking some basic questions, and I recently looked back at my emails and noticed two spelling/grammar mistakes :shock:. I feel like a complete idiot and I keep imaging that when the admissions staff FINALLY takes a look at our applications again, they will see these mistakes and throw my application away. I am probably overreacting, but do you think this is a big deal? As in a deal breaker...if there ever was a chance of getting off of the reserve list..?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Tue May 23, 2017 1:27 pm

blahblahblah93! wrote:Longtime lurker here. I have been on the reserve list since March I believe (honestly the months have just fused together during this wait, so I can't be certain). However, about a month ago I sent some emails to an admissions officer asking some basic questions, and I recently looked back at my emails and noticed two spelling/grammar mistakes :shock:. I feel like a complete idiot and I keep imaging that when the admissions staff FINALLY takes a look at our applications again, they will see these mistakes and throw my application away. I am probably overreacting, but do you think this is a big deal? As in a deal breaker...if there ever was a chance of getting off of the reserve list..?
You are overreacting so much, but I do it too. Everyone does you are just nervous.

blahblahblah93!

New

Post by blahblahblah93! » Tue May 23, 2017 3:23 pm

lillawyer2 wrote:
blahblahblah93! wrote:Longtime lurker here. I have been on the reserve list since March I believe (honestly the months have just fused together during this wait, so I can't be certain). However, about a month ago I sent some emails to an admissions officer asking some basic questions, and I recently looked back at my emails and noticed two spelling/grammar mistakes :shock:. I feel like a complete idiot and I keep imaging that when the admissions staff FINALLY takes a look at our applications again, they will see these mistakes and throw my application away. I am probably overreacting, but do you think this is a big deal? As in a deal breaker...if there ever was a chance of getting off of the reserve list..?
You are overreacting so much, but I do it too. Everyone does you are just nervous.
Thank you! I'll probably still panic, but I will try not to!

angelfan5589

New

Post by angelfan5589 » Tue May 23, 2017 8:49 pm

enitar wrote:So.. .is the consensus that we won't see movement from Columbia until early June?
Sometime in the next 2 weeks seems to be the trend from previous years.

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Wed May 24, 2017 10:10 am

I predict we hear on Tuesday May 30th!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

SybillAnnDorsett

Gold

Post by SybillAnnDorsett » Wed May 24, 2017 10:42 am

Here's some information on the Wait List cycle for the Class of 2018 (2014-2015 Cycle)

One TLS user got an email on Friday, May 22nd, informing her that she had been selected from the Reserve pool for an interview. The interview took place on June 2nd. She was accepted on June 9th.

Two other TLS users received emails on Monday, June 1st; one of these users had had a pre-WL interview. These candidates interviewed via skype on June 5th and also were accepted on June 9th (Tuesday)

On June 4th, many applicants received an "active consideration/be patient" mailer. Those who did not receive this email were rejected via snail mail the following week.

A TLS user reported getting accepted on June 11th (Thursday).

A TLS user reported getting in on June 22nd, and that their interview had taken place the week prior.

SybillAnnDorsett

Gold

Post by SybillAnnDorsett » Wed May 24, 2017 11:03 am

Here's some information on the Wait List cycle for the Class of 2019 (2015-2016 Cycle)

The first TLS reported interview request email came on June 7th.

2nd Reserve email went out on June 8th.

Two applicants who received the interview request on June 7th completed the interview itself between June 13th-17th and were accepted between June 20th and 22nd.

3rd Reserve email went out on July 18th.

Motion22Step

New

Post by Motion22Step » Wed May 24, 2017 11:10 am

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:Here's some information on the Wait List cycle for the Class of 2018 (2014-2015 Cycle)

One TLS user got an email on Friday, May 22nd, informing her that she had been selected from the Reserve pool for an interview. The interview took place on June 2nd. She was accepted on June 9th.

Two other TLS users received emails on Monday, June 1st; one of these users had had a pre-WL interview. These candidates interviewed via skype on June 5th and also were accepted on June 9th (Tuesday)

On June 4th, many applicants received an "active consideration/be patient" mailer. Those who did not receive this email were rejected via snail mail the following week.

A TLS user reported getting accepted on June 11th (Thursday).

A TLS user reported getting in on June 22nd, and that their interview had taken place the week prior.
This is beautiful! Thanks for gathering this info. Just the push I needed

blahblahblah93!

New

Post by blahblahblah93! » Wed May 24, 2017 12:12 pm

Question: I sent an additional letter of rec a couple of weeks ago and I wanted to email the office to make sure they received it/added it to my file. Since I have been in communication with a specific admissions officer, should I address the email to him? Or to the general admissions email account? Or both?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ldlestrange

Bronze

Post by ldlestrange » Wed May 24, 2017 12:40 pm

blahblahblah93! wrote:Question: I sent an additional letter of rec a couple of weeks ago and I wanted to email the office to make sure they received it/added it to my file. Since I have been in communication with a specific admissions officer, should I address the email to him? Or to the general admissions email account? Or both?
When I sent my additional LOR (months and months ago), I was able to see if they received it through CLS's application status check and/or My Columbia Law. You can check that first if you want

blahblahblah93!

New

Post by blahblahblah93! » Wed May 24, 2017 12:56 pm

ldlestrange wrote:
blahblahblah93! wrote:Question: I sent an additional letter of rec a couple of weeks ago and I wanted to email the office to make sure they received it/added it to my file. Since I have been in communication with a specific admissions officer, should I address the email to him? Or to the general admissions email account? Or both?
When I sent my additional LOR (months and months ago), I was able to see if they received it through CLS's application status check and/or My Columbia Law. You can check that first if you want
Thanks, I checked on my status checker (hah) and its not there :(

SybillAnnDorsett

Gold

Post by SybillAnnDorsett » Wed May 24, 2017 12:59 pm

blahblahblah93! wrote:
ldlestrange wrote:
curious, how many LORs did you originally submit? if this is the 5th letter you're sending, I don't think it would show up on the status checker only because I think the max is 4.

blahblahblah93!

New

Post by blahblahblah93! » Wed May 24, 2017 1:09 pm

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:
blahblahblah93! wrote:
ldlestrange wrote:
curious, how many LORs did you originally submit? if this is the 5th letter you're sending, I don't think it would show up on the status checker only because I think the max is 4.

I sent 3 in my original application, so I decided to send a 4th one after I was reserved

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Wed May 24, 2017 1:11 pm

Does being held/reserved mean Columbia really likes you abd wants to admit-even if they cant?

If so this is enough for me. lol

SybillAnnDorsett

Gold

Post by SybillAnnDorsett » Wed May 24, 2017 1:12 pm

blahblahblah93! wrote:
I sent 3 in my original application, so I decided to send a 4th one after I was reserved
yeah, I did the same thing back in March and it appeared on my status checker.
because you sent yours recently during what presumably is the busiest month for them, i'd say it's nothing to worry about. but there's also no harm in a quick email ensuring that they received it if they haven't already confirmed receipt.

blahblahblah93!

New

Post by blahblahblah93! » Wed May 24, 2017 1:16 pm

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:
blahblahblah93! wrote:
because you sent yours recently during what presumably is the busiest month for them, i'd say it's nothing to worry about. but there's also no harm in a quick email ensuring that they received it if they haven't already confirmed receipt.
Yea I figure they are busy, I just want to make sure they got it since I mailed it in... and I kinda want to use this to keep in contact with them in between LOCIs lol... but do you think I should address the email to the general admissions email OR to the admissions officer I have been talking to (he's the one who told me I should send an additional LOR in the first place)..???

mangomochi

New

Post by mangomochi » Wed May 24, 2017 2:26 pm

blahblahblah93! wrote:
SybillAnnDorsett wrote:
blahblahblah93! wrote:
Yea I figure they are busy, I just want to make sure they got it since I mailed it in... and I kinda want to use this to keep in contact with them in between LOCIs lol... but do you think I should address the email to the general admissions email OR to the admissions officer I have been talking to (he's the one who told me I should send an additional LOR in the first place)..???
I've been doing both ex. Dear [Name of Admissions Officer] and the Admissions Committee. But I've been sending to the general admissions email address so if you know the particular officer's individual email then I'd just address it to him/her specifically.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”