Columbia Reserve Group c/o 2020 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Assuming acceptance, would you pay sticker?

Yes
53%
No
25%
I really don't even want to think about that right now
22%

Total votes: 230

lillawyer2

Silver

Re: Columbia Reserve Group c/o 2020

Post by lillawyer2 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:05 am

Keilz wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:Someone help me understand the reserve group.

Does Columbia deny people or do we just sit in the reserve group until we turn to stone?

Remidns me of that aouth park episode dead celebrities where they all sat on a plane forever only to end up in hell.

Also i mean I feel so honored that Columbia put me on reserved. I thought I would be dinged as soon as my application hit their desks. However, I am thinking Columbia doesn't deny anyone.
The first post has a good explanation. There's a chance that you will receive a ding letter before class starts, but from what I've heard from other people is that you might just have to wait to the first of class or later to receive your letter, a lot of people are kept hanging until then.
I hope Columbia is prepared bc I am a tick. I ain't letting go for nothing.*Goes to read the first post!*

Thanks

Keilz

Gold

Post by Keilz » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:06 am

lillawyer2 wrote:
Keilz wrote:

Does Columbia deny people or do we just sit in the reserve group until we turn to stone?

Remidns me of that aouth park episode dead celebrities where they all sat on a plane forever only to end up in hell.

Also i mean I feel so honored that Columbia put me on reserved. I thought I would be dinged as soon as my application hit their desks. However, I am thinking Columbia doesn't deny anyone.
The first post has a good explanation. There's a chance that you will receive a ding letter before class starts, but from what I've heard from other people is that you might just have to wait to the first of class or later to receive your letter, a lot of people are kept hanging until then.
I hope Columbia is prepared bc I am a tick. I ain't letting go for nothing.*Goes to read the first post!*

Thanks
I'm still wondering if my confirmation page went through (see my post above) I wish they emailed for confirmation.

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:30 am

Keilz wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:
Keilz wrote:

Ihope Columbia is prepared bc I am a tick. I ain't letting go for nothing.*Goes to read the first post!*

Thanks
I'm still wondering if my confirmation page went through (see my post above) I wish they emailed for confirmation.

So, you recieved the confirmation screen then hit the back button to double check your LSAC number. Once you submit and recieve confirmation its done. It's already been sent to their notification system. I do not think hitting the back button undoes anything.

I'm sure your fine!!

Keilz

Gold

Post by Keilz » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:10 pm

lillawyer2 wrote:
Keilz wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:
Keilz wrote:

Ihope Columbia is prepared bc I am a tick. I ain't letting go for nothing.*Goes to read the first post!*

Thanks

So, you recieved the confirmation screen then hit the back button to double check your LSAC number. Once you submit and recieve confirmation its done. It's already been sent to their notification system. I do not think hitting the back button undoes anything.

I'm sure your fine!!
Haha thanks

charles117

Bronze

Post by charles117 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:37 pm

checking in

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:40 am

Is sending in a LOCI right now too early? I was WL-ed a few days ago, and I am pretty much done with my first LOCI. I have to write so many LOCIs, it just comes down to copy-and-paste work. LOL.

ml0606148

New

Post by ml0606148 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:46 pm

melmelcoolj wrote:Is sending in a LOCI right now too early? I was WL-ed a few days ago, and I am pretty much done with my first LOCI. I have to write so many LOCIs, it just comes down to copy-and-paste work. LOL.
Now is really the time I think. Normally they start review waiting list from early May (though they claim late May in their letter), so this week would probably be the week to send your LOCI. It's exactly before May.

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:53 am

ml0606148 wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:Is sending in a LOCI right now too early? I was WL-ed a few days ago, and I am pretty much done with my first LOCI. I have to write so many LOCIs, it just comes down to copy-and-paste work. LOL.
Now is really the time I think. Normally they start review waiting list from early May (though they claim late May in their letter), so this week would probably be the week to send your LOCI. It's exactly before May.
Thanks, will do that within the week.

ktgjoon

New

Post by ktgjoon » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:17 pm

Just submitted my second LOCI (did the first one before I heard about the reserve because I knew it was a long shot and I wanted to show them I was like down to be their ride or die through whateva) good luck to everyone! The odds are definitely not in our favor (see 2% acceptance) but you know I'm pumping up the delusion to stay alive

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:55 am

Just sent in a LOCI to Columbia Law. Happy hunger games!

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:41 am

So when I got waitlisted, I was like, "Oh I'm gonna ride this out" but have since been like, "Lol, actually.. I probably won't." Guess I'll wait for the first wave of dings/acceptances and see what happens.

ml0606148

New

Post by ml0606148 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:49 am

melmelcoolj wrote:Just sent in a LOCI to Columbia Law. Happy hunger games!
may the odds be in your favor~~~

ykstll

New

Post by ykstll » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:25 pm

Checking in!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

SpookySalem92

Bronze

Post by SpookySalem92 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:00 pm

Do they send email confirmation for LOCIs?

Keilz

Gold

Post by Keilz » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:05 pm

SpookySalem92 wrote:Do they send email confirmation for LOCIs?
Not through the online submission form.

SybillAnnDorsett

Gold

Post by SybillAnnDorsett » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:07 pm

I always just send a follow up email the next day after providing them with new material, they're usually pretty good about getting back to me on time.

sittykitty

Bronze

Post by sittykitty » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:02 pm

I sent an updated LOCI two weeks ago for Hold review -- do I need to send another one? I have literally no new information but I do want to confirm I'm still interested.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Evelyn2016

New

Post by Evelyn2016 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:30 pm

So the consensus is that Columbia actually does not reject people at all in the initial decision round which ends at the end of April? There is only admission or reserve so far?

ml0606148

New

Post by ml0606148 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:51 pm

Evelyn2016 wrote:So the consensus is that Columbia actually does not reject people at all in the initial decision round which ends at the end of April? There is only admission or reserve so far?
if this is the case....the Reserve Group means nothing....

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:09 pm

ml0606148 wrote:
Evelyn2016 wrote:So the consensus is that Columbia actually does not reject people at all in the initial decision round which ends at the end of April? There is only admission or reserve so far?
Really? Why are there some people getting ding-ed on LSN?

ml0606148

New

Post by ml0606148 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:15 pm

melmelcoolj wrote:
ml0606148 wrote:
I don't know whether the consensus he claimed is true or not.... I was just saying that if his assumption were true, the Reserve Group would be very much meaningless since certainly there would be too many people in it

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:57 am

ml0606148 wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:
ml0606148 wrote:
I don't know whether the consensus he claimed is true or not.... I was just saying that if his assumption were true, the Reserve Group would be very much meaningless since certainly there would be too many people in it

I'm glad this is being discussed. It can't be true that Columbia W/L everyone. We are all special!

Columbia set us aside, because they really want us!!

ml0606148

New

Post by ml0606148 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:04 am

lillawyer2 wrote:
ml0606148 wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:
ml0606148 wrote:

I'm glad this is being discussed. It can't be true that Columbia W/L everyone. We are all special!

Columbia set us aside, because they really want us!!
haha, may the odds be in our favour!!!

SybillAnnDorsett

Gold

Post by SybillAnnDorsett » Wed May 03, 2017 12:44 pm

It's quiet uptown.........

latinxlawschool2020

New

Post by latinxlawschool2020 » Wed May 03, 2017 5:04 pm

Anyone else still willing to ride this out? I sent a deposit in for another school but I'd leave in a heart beat!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”