Columbia Reserve Group c/o 2020 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Assuming acceptance, would you pay sticker?

Yes
53%
No
25%
I really don't even want to think about that right now
22%

Total votes: 230

34iplaw

Gold

Re: Columbia Reserve Group c/o 2020

Post by 34iplaw » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:54 am

angelfan5589 wrote:
blelwoods wrote:
skurfy wrote:
blelwoods wrote:
angelfan5589 wrote:It's so hard to gauge how full their class is. There's only an unofficial class of 2020 group on FB which has around 210 people.

Do you know how large their incoming class usually is?

391 enrolled in fall '16

Thank you! Could it be that the other 181 don't have fb or have not found the group? What if schools are cutting their class size because of the drop in overall LSAT scores? :|

Don't know what to make of it, but there are now 193 members on the FB page.
They're not going to cut their class size in half.

angelfan5589

New

Post by angelfan5589 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:06 am

34iplaw wrote:
angelfan5589 wrote:
blelwoods wrote:
skurfy wrote:
blelwoods wrote:
angelfan5589 wrote:It's so hard to gauge how full their class is. There's only an unofficial class of 2020 group on FB which has around 210 people.

391 enrolled in fall '16

Thank you! Could it be that the other 181 don't have fb or have not found the group? What if schools are cutting their class size because of the drop in overall LSAT scores? :|

I was hoping it meant those 17 people withdrew from Columbia, leaving spots open for people on reserve.

34iplaw

Gold

Post by 34iplaw » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:31 pm

Oh fair. I probably should have only quoted the person you were quoting. Maybe CLS culled them.

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:44 am

angelfan5589 wrote:
34iplaw wrote:
angelfan5589 wrote:
blelwoods wrote:
skurfy wrote:
blelwoods wrote:

391 enrolled in fall '16

I was hoping it meant those 17 people withdrew from Columbia, leaving spots open for people on reserve.
i like the way you think!!!

gizmo1024

Bronze

Post by gizmo1024 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:55 pm

34iplaw wrote:Oh fair. I probably should have only quoted the person you were quoting. Maybe CLS culled them.
Those 17 people were deleted by the admin because they weren't CLS admits. I wouldn't use the fb page to gauge how big the class is since it's an unofficial group!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:07 pm

gizmo1024 wrote:
34iplaw wrote:Oh fair. I probably should have only quoted the person you were quoting. Maybe CLS culled them.
Those 17 people were deleted by the admin because they weren't CLS admits. I wouldn't use the fb page to gauge how big the class is since it's an unofficial group!
Yeah, I didn't join many admitted student groups and Class of 2020 groups -- I just didn't feel like having my classmates browsing my profiles and pictures before they meet me in person.

angelfan5589

New

Post by angelfan5589 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:10 pm

gizmo1024 wrote:
Shucks I was hoping we could learn something from the group but it seems it's pointless. Thanks for the info.

JuJuXTX

New

Post by JuJuXTX » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:17 pm

Anyone out there who is still waiting for a response like me?
Either my rejection letter got lost in the mail or they are still reviewing my app?
What can I do at this point??? :( shoot them an email about the situation or be patient and wait?

stego

Platinum

Post by stego » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:48 am

angelfan5589 wrote:
stego wrote:Received my official letter in the mail yesterday, dated June 12th, notifying me that I was rejected from Columbia's waitlist

8)
Sorry to hear that. Where are you headed?

Also, did you send in any updates like new LoRs or a LOCI?
Probably NYU, I sent Columbia something a while back indicating I wanted to remain on the waitlist but not a real proper LOCI, could have tried harder but I guess it worked out

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

wegotthis

New

Post by wegotthis » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:32 pm

JuJuXTX wrote:Anyone out there who is still waiting for a response like me?
Either my rejection letter got lost in the mail or they are still reviewing my app?
What can I do at this point??? :( shoot them an email about the situation or be patient and wait?
I am in the same boat as you right now. But I think it's a good sign. I know there is no rejection in the mail for me (at least for now), becasue I opted to have my decision sent to me via mail, which is quicker

tartan2016

New

Post by tartan2016 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:05 pm

wegotthis wrote:
I am in the same boat as you right now. But I think it's a good sign. I know there is no rejection in the mail for me (at least for now), becasue I opted to have my decision sent to me via mail, which is quicker
Theory: they sent out a really small number of interviews. If they don't get enough admits from that pool maybe they are holding some files incase they need to interview more. Just speculation on my part.

wegotthis

New

Post by wegotthis » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:25 pm

tartan2016 wrote:
wegotthis wrote:
I am in the same boat as you right now. But I think it's a good sign. I know there is no rejection in the mail for me (at least for now) because I opted to have my decision sent to me via email, which is quicker
Theory: they sent out a really small number of interviews. If they don't get enough admits from that pool maybe they are holding some files incase they need to interview more. Just speculation on my part.
Interesting theory. Although, I know people who were admitted off the waitlist without being interviewed. Anyway, at this point, all we can do is wait. But I don't think there are that many people in our boat...I think

tartan2016

New

Post by tartan2016 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:43 pm

wegotthis wrote:
tartan2016 wrote:
wegotthis wrote:
I am in the same boat as you right now. But I think it's a good sign. I know there is no rejection in the mail for me (at least for now) because I opted to have my decision sent to me via email, which is quicker
Interesting theory. Although, I know people who were admitted off the waitlist without being interviewed. Anyway, at this point, all we can do is wait. But I don't think there are that many people in our boat...I think
Was that this year? Because I heard that you had to get interviewed to be accepted.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

wegotthis

New

Post by wegotthis » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:54 pm

tartan2016 wrote:
wegotthis wrote:
tartan2016 wrote:
wegotthis wrote:
Was that this year? Because I heard that you had to get interviewed to be accepted.
Actually, no- this was two years ago. Who is your source? Also, I thought they start reviewing the second reserve end of June the beginning of July? If that is the case, I have no idea why we haven't heard back. Maybe we should expect to hear back from them this week.

childishkuriboh

New

Post by childishkuriboh » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:24 pm

tartan2016 wrote:
wegotthis wrote:
Not sure if this sheds any light on the situation, but I had my interview two weeks ago. I still haven't heard back either way, not even a second reserve email. The interviewer said we would find out "probably by next Wednesday," which would've been last Wednesday. So now I'm in total limbo until the admissions office gets back to me. I'm curious if anyone else is in the same boat.

tartan2016

New

Post by tartan2016 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:44 pm

childishkuriboh wrote:
tartan2016 wrote:
wegotthis wrote:
Not sure if this sheds any light on the situation, but I had my interview two weeks ago. I still haven't heard back either way, not even a second reserve email. The interviewer said we would find out "probably by next Wednesday," which would've been last Wednesday. So now I'm in total limbo until the admissions office gets back to me. I'm curious if anyone else is in the same boat.
Oh great. I interviewed last week and was told i would hear back this week. But if they were late for you then maybe my decision will be late too. This wait is killing me.

wegotthis

New

Post by wegotthis » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:28 pm

tartan2016 wrote:
childishkuriboh wrote:
tartan2016 wrote:
wegotthis wrote:
Oh great. I interviewed last week and was told i would hear back this week. But if they were late for you then maybe my decision will be late too. This wait is killing me.
Does anyone know what happens/or is going to happen to the application of those of us who have neither been intevviewed, purged or placed on 2nd reserve?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

JuJuXTX

New

Post by JuJuXTX » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:00 am

wegotthis wrote:
tartan2016 wrote:
childishkuriboh wrote:
tartan2016 wrote:
wegotthis wrote:
Does anyone know what happens/or is going to happen to the application of those of us who have neither been intevviewed, purged or placed on 2nd reserve?
From what I heard Columbia only interview the ppl they want to admit, like a final checkup to make sure you're not too weird or something. As for ppl like us who are still waiting to hear back, I'm staying pessimistic... cus to be honest my numbers are weak and it has to take a fucking miracle for me to get in and I've stopped believing in miracles a long time ago...

dyebri

Bronze

Post by dyebri » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:11 am

JuJuXTX wrote:
wegotthis wrote:
tartan2016 wrote:
childishkuriboh wrote:
tartan2016 wrote:
wegotthis wrote:
From what I heard Columbia only interview the ppl they want to admit, like a final checkup to make sure you're not too weird or something. As for ppl like us who are still waiting to hear back, I'm staying pessimistic... cus to be honest my numbers are weak and it has to take a fucking miracle for me to get in and I've stopped believing in miracles a long time ago...

WHAT ABOUT COUNTERCYCLES. HAVE YOU STOPPED BELIEVING IN THEM TOO

angelfan5589

New

Post by angelfan5589 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:11 am

Sent my second LOCI. Remaining naively optimistic.

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:52 am

angelfan5589 wrote:Sent my second LOCI. Remaining naively optimistic.
Yeah, I did that too. LOLOL

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

wegotthis

New

Post by wegotthis » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:13 pm

melmelcoolj wrote:
angelfan5589 wrote:Sent my second LOCI. Remaining naively optimistic.
Yeah, I did that too. LOLOL
How much longer are they going to continue to torture us? No interview request, no second reserve, no purge mail...May we all be accepted

childishkuriboh

New

Post by childishkuriboh » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:53 pm

tartan2016 wrote:
childishkuriboh wrote:
tartan2016 wrote:
wegotthis wrote:
Update: They called me today to let me know that I'm in. I've got till Monday to give them a response.

tartan2016

New

Post by tartan2016 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:57 pm

childishkuriboh wrote:
tartan2016 wrote:
childishkuriboh wrote:
tartan2016 wrote:
wegotthis wrote:
Update: They called me today to let me know that I'm in. I've got till Monday to give them a response.
me too!!

Mootmath

New

Post by Mootmath » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:22 pm

Congrats guys! :D
Here's hoping there's more good news coming!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”