Columbia Reserve Group c/o 2020 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Assuming acceptance, would you pay sticker?

Yes
53%
No
25%
I really don't even want to think about that right now
22%

Total votes: 230

haley12

Silver

Re: Columbia Reserve Group c/o 2020

Post by haley12 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:37 am

3rd reserve

ml0606148

New

Post by ml0606148 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:47 am

haven't heard anything from CLS yet, but guess it would be 3rd Reserve or Rejection...

lkb

New

Post by lkb » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:51 pm

I'm beginning to assume that, since I still haven't heard anything, my rejection letter is making its way to me in the mail...

TheTexasGunnerShow

New

Post by TheTexasGunnerShow » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:55 am

I just called CLS admissions to see if a decision had been sent out to me. (I had called them during regular admissions, and they had confirmed then that no decision was sent out, so I was thinking it might work again.) The woman I spoke to basically said she was not able to tell if a decision had been sent but that decisions will continue to be sent through the end of next week. I double checked with her that nothing was put in the mail, and she said she really did not know.

Granted, I also called yesterday, and the woman I spoke to then (different person) said to send in an email because they could only respond via email. I did that, and they never replied.

ZVBXRPL

Silver

Post by ZVBXRPL » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:22 pm

TheTexasGunnerShow wrote:I just called CLS admissions to see if a decision had been sent out to me. (I had called them during regular admissions, and they had confirmed then that no decision was sent out, so I was thinking it might work again.) The woman I spoke to basically said she was not able to tell if a decision had been sent but that decisions will continue to be sent through the end of next week. I double checked with her that nothing was put in the mail, and she said she really did not know.

Granted, I also called yesterday, and the woman I spoke to then (different person) said to send in an email because they could only respond via email. I did that, and they never replied.
i emailed them once and they got back to me a few days later, so u may see a reply manyana. Columbia is playing us all. What a joke to waitlist everyone with a 164+.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:41 am

gargleblaster wrote:
34iplaw wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:
muggleclutch wrote:
gargleblaster wrote:lol is anyone actually gonna go if they get in?

im not

above medians to the poster asking about that.
If you're not going to go if you get in it'd be potentially super helpful to those of us still interested for you to just go ahead and let columbia know that you're no longer planning to attend if accepted.
Yes second this!!
Slight disagree. As someone who wants to get in, you should still ride it as long as it could possibly benefit you in some way - either attending CLS or using it as leverage. Please do withdraw once you know you cannot benefit though :)

lets be real

they're jerkin me around this long - im gonna jerk them around a lil bit

but yeah theres no downside for me to stay on so im stayin
you'd only be jerking them around if by miracle's chance you got accepted. any other outcome it is percieved they jerked you.

but it only has to make sense to you.

do you have plans to wait till next cycle or attend another school?

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:46 am

ZVBXRPL wrote:
TheTexasGunnerShow wrote:I just called CLS admissions to see if a decision had been sent out to me. (I had called them during regular admissions, and they had confirmed then that no decision was sent out, so I was thinking it might work again.) The woman I spoke to basically said she was not able to tell if a decision had been sent but that decisions will continue to be sent through the end of next week. I double checked with her that nothing was put in the mail, and she said she really did not know.

i emailed them once and they got back to me a few days later, so u may see a reply manyana. Columbia is playing us all. What a joke to waitlist everyone with a 164+.
despite being played, i rather this than a flat out rejection. i looked on lsn and columbia doesn't reject a lot of people, if lsn is any indication.

i wonder why.

it does seem, if tls is any indication (lol) that 3rd reserve is a lot smaller.

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:14 am

lillawyer2 wrote:
ZVBXRPL wrote:

despite being played, i rather this than a flat out rejection. i looked on lsn and columbia doesn't reject a lot of people, if lsn is any indication.

i wonder why.

I think third reserve is a lot smaller, and they are cutting down a lot of the people who were silent or probably won't make it. There is still 1% chance of getting in given 1-2 people who might become orientation no-shows.

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:57 am

melmelcoolj wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:
ZVBXRPL wrote:

i wonder why.

I think third reserve is a lot smaller, and they are cutting down a lot of the people who were silent or probably won't make it. There is still 1% chance of getting in given 1-2 people who might become orientation no-shows.

im praying for a miracle!!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:51 am

melmelcoolj wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:
ZVBXRPL wrote:

i wonder why.

poster on reddit said 100-200 ppl. i think that makes sense.

theoptimist17

New

Post by theoptimist17 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:38 pm

lillawyer2 wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:
ZVBXRPL wrote:

i wonder why.

100-200 people who made it to 3rd Reserve? I thought that was around the number of people who originally were placed on 1st Reserve. It's so surprising that no one has reported being invited to interview/accepted outright from the 2nd Reserve and that Columbia seems to want to wait until the end of 3rd Reserve to potentially let people in.

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:06 pm

theoptimist17 wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:
ZVBXRPL wrote:

i wonder why.

100-200 people who made it to 3rd Reserve? I thought that was around the number of people who originally were placed on 1st Reserve. It's so surprising that no one has reported being invited to interview/accepted outright from the 2nd Reserve and that Columbia seems to want to wait until the end of 3rd Reserve to potentially let people in.
so you think its even less? idk-i have no idea. i hope its even less this time around that way the odds in favor increase.

didn't a few people from 2nd reserve get interviews? i remember reading that.

Nero21

New

Post by Nero21 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:54 pm

Just received rejection letter by snail mail. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:29 pm

Nero21 wrote:Just received rejection letter by snail mail. Good luck to everyone still waiting!
Thanks-good luck to you as well. What school are you going to attend?

blelwoods

Bronze

Post by blelwoods » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:53 pm

Still waiting! Haven't heard anything.... :(

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:08 am

theoptimist17 wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:
ZVBXRPL wrote:

i wonder why.

I don't think they reject anyone initially. They let everyone (who has a remote chance) stay on reserve. So at this point, it's probably 100+ people fighting for 1-2 spots. In other words, make other plans.

I'm only staying on myself because I live very close and it won't really hurt me other than the deposit I paid at another NYC school.

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:09 am

melmelcoolj wrote:
theoptimist17 wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:
ZVBXRPL wrote:

i wonder why.

I don't think they reject anyone initially. They let everyone (who has a remote chance) stay on reserve. So at this point, it's probably 100+ people fighting for 1-2 spots. In other words, make other plans.

I'm only staying on myself because I live very close and it won't really hurt me other than the deposit I paid at another NYC school.
same!!! if not Columbia-where r u goong?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:06 am

lillawyer2 wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:
Haha, NYU. I hope NYU does not figure out who I am, or they would throw spears and stones at me. You?

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:47 am

melmelcoolj wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:
Haha, NYU. I hope NYU does not figure out who I am, or they would throw spears and stones at me. You?
Fordham!

lol I always wonder if they have admissions people lurking on the boards trying to figure out who isn't as committed to attending their school.

congrats on NYU

Zipman

New

Post by Zipman » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:21 pm

I have a terrible GPA and haven't sent in anything LOCI-related and I made 3rd reserve so idk what's going on

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:38 pm

Zipman wrote:I have a terrible GPA and haven't sent in anything LOCI-related and I made 3rd reserve so idk what's going on
is ur lsat stellar?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ZVBXRPL

Silver

Post by ZVBXRPL » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:55 pm

lillawyer2 wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:
Fordham!

lol I always wonder if they have admissions people lurking on the boards trying to figure out who isn't as committed to attending their school.

congrats on NYU
also headed to F. Can i pm you? i wanna exchange stats. curious what someone also on reserve and planning on F has. ty!

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:02 pm

ZVBXRPL wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:
Fordham!

congrats on NYU
also headed to F. Can i pm you? i wanna exchange stats. curious what someone also on reserve and planning on F has. ty!
yup! go ahead :)

lkb

New

Post by lkb » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:03 pm

lillawyer2 wrote:
ZVBXRPL wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:
Fordham!

congrats on NYU
I'm in exactly the same situation!

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:11 pm

lkb wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:
ZVBXRPL wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:
Fordham!

congrats on NYU
I'm in exactly the same situation!
lol attending fordham and waiting paiently for columbia?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”