Columbia Reserve Group c/o 2020 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Assuming acceptance, would you pay sticker?

Yes
53%
No
25%
I really don't even want to think about that right now
22%

Total votes: 230

ZVBXRPL

Silver

Re: Columbia Reserve Group c/o 2020

Post by ZVBXRPL » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:14 pm

Any estimates on how many made 2nd reserve? Perhaps a poll.

AdieuCali

Bronze

Post by AdieuCali » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:26 pm

Dinged via snail mail. My only solace is that they wasted 48 cents on postage for something that could have easily been emailed. Super splitter.

lstime

New

Post by lstime » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:27 pm

Super Splitter- just got 2nd reserve as well

Anon.y.mousse.

Silver

Post by Anon.y.mousse. » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:29 pm

stevengnehs wrote:As I was just about to hang myself I got the second reserve email. I submitted the application very early so no clue why I got the email this late, but I guess now I will live another two weeks
I hope this was an attempt at being facetious but if you're actually struggling, please talk to someone IRL or on the phone who can help. That is not a good way to be feeling.

sittykitty

Bronze

Post by sittykitty » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:39 pm

Got the 2nd Reserve email about an hour ago. Traditional splitter; previously held in February wave.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

haley12

Silver

Post by haley12 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:27 pm

skurfy wrote:
haley12 wrote:Just got 2nd reserve email.
Still silent and our numbers are almost identical, uh oh. :( Any guesses as to how they're sorting the review order?
No idea. You could call and ask!

verosawyer

New

Post by verosawyer » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:24 pm

first time poster (because i'm going insane and can't seem to find this info anywhere) - hi!!!
does anyone happen to know - if you interview, do they still send rejections out by mail? they seemed to imply that it would be a phone call either way but i feel like i might have misinterpreted...

Instrumental

Silver

Post by Instrumental » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:33 pm

Columbia has finally set me free. Good luck to the rest of ya. Peace!

haley12

Silver

Post by haley12 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:11 pm

Instrumental wrote:Columbia has finally set me free. Good luck to the rest of ya. Peace!
Sorry :( Where are ya headed?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Instrumental

Silver

Post by Instrumental » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:09 pm

haley12 wrote:
Instrumental wrote:Columbia has finally set me free. Good luck to the rest of ya. Peace!
Most likely GULC, but I'm still sitting on four waitlists til the end of the month.

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:43 pm

Just received my 2nd reserve email. For a few days, I thought Columbia let me go. But given how late they sent me my 2nd reserve email, my app is probably at the bottom of their files. This may or may not have to do with the fact that I applied past their deadline...

JuJuXTX

New

Post by JuJuXTX » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:50 pm

melmelcoolj wrote:Just received my 2nd reserve email. For a few days, I thought Columbia let me go. But given how late they sent me my 2nd reserve email, my app is probably at the bottom of their files. This may or may not have to do with the fact that I applied past their deadline...
Looks like they send out 2nd reserve letter in batches, so there is still some hopes left for us who haven't heard anything...yet :( Just wondering if anyone got called in for an interview in the first reserve round and actually got off the waitlist...lucky bastards :P

Motion22Step

New

Post by Motion22Step » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:18 pm

AdieuCali wrote:Dinged via snail mail. My only solace is that they wasted 48 cents on postage for something that could have easily been emailed. Super splitter.
Lol. Sorry to hear that. I wish you the best going forward

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Motion22Step

New

Post by Motion22Step » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:21 pm

Instrumental wrote:
haley12 wrote:
Most likely GULC, but I'm still sitting on four waitlists til the end of the month.
Sorry to hear it. Just got dinged by HLS and feeling a mix of thankfulness and relief lol.

Happy waiting :D

Nught

New

Post by Nught » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:22 pm

For the ones who are yet to hear, how should we view this situation. We weren't dinged right away, as those who were have received their dings in the mail. We weren't accepted obviously, and we have not been placed on the second reserve. To still be in consideration, doesn't that imply that we are being considered more favorable then those who are on second reserve now?

I think i'd prefer to either still be receiving consideration, or waiting on a snail mail. Both seem like more favorable situations to the second reserve. It seems like second reserve has at least 30 people on it, and at best 2-3 more will be added to the class. Second reserve is slow death. A ding puts me out of my misery, and to still be in consideration means I could be asked to interview.

Now, having said all of that, I'll probably receive my snail mail in the morning.

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:12 am

Nught wrote:For the ones who are yet to hear, how should we view this situation. We weren't dinged right away, as those who were have received their dings in the mail. We weren't accepted obviously, and we have not been placed on the second reserve. To still be in consideration, doesn't that imply that we are being considered more favorable then those who are on second reserve now?

I think i'd prefer to either still be receiving consideration, or waiting on a snail mail. Both seem like more favorable situations to the second reserve. It seems like second reserve has at least 30 people on it, and at best 2-3 more will be added to the class. Second reserve is slow death. A ding puts me out of my misery, and to still be in consideration means I could be asked to interview.

Now, having said all of that, I'll probably receive my snail mail in the morning.
How do you know the second reserve has 30 people on it? I thought it was like at least a couple hundred. I think they might be done with calling already for the first wave. And I agree the second reserve is a slow ding - to be honest, the reserve is a slow ding.

34iplaw

Gold

Post by 34iplaw » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:21 am

melmelcoolj wrote:
How do you know the second reserve has 30 people on it? I thought it was like at least a couple hundred. I think they might be done with calling already for the first wave. And I agree the second reserve is a slow ding - to be honest, the reserve is a slow ding.
Not to be a pessimist, but I'm quite certain there are way more than 30 people on it. ITT, it seems like there about 30, and I don't know that my numbers are strong enough where I would be on it with such a small group.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:43 am

34iplaw wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:
Not to be a pessimist, but I'm quite certain there are way more than 30 people on it. ITT, it seems like there about 30, and I don't know that my numbers are strong enough where I would be on it with such a small group.
I would assume they would have a couple hundred on there, since my numbers are not that great for Columbia either.

haley12

Silver

Post by haley12 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:01 pm

melmelcoolj wrote:
34iplaw wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:
I would assume they would have a couple hundred on there, since my numbers are not that great for Columbia either.
I wonder how many people were 1st reserve and what % just got dinged... A poll might be helpful although our group doesn't necessarily represent the larger pool. Would be interesting :)

blelwoods

Bronze

Post by blelwoods » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:24 pm

haley12 wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:
34iplaw wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:
I wonder how many people were 1st reserve and what % just got dinged... A poll might be helpful although our group doesn't necessarily represent the larger pool. Would be interesting :)

I agree and have the same questions. Does anyone know why Columbia even has this big of a waitlist? Whats the rationale?

Nught

New

Post by Nught » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:26 pm

melmelcoolj wrote:
Nught wrote:For the ones who are yet to hear, how should we view this situation. We weren't dinged right away, as those who were have received their dings in the mail. We weren't accepted obviously, and we have not been placed on the second reserve. To still be in consideration, doesn't that imply that we are being considered more favorable then those who are on second reserve now?

30 was a bad placeholder for a number that I do not know. Whether 30 or 100, getting off second reserve does not look promising for anyone.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

sphyrnidae13

Bronze

Post by sphyrnidae13 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:32 pm

Got an email request to interview the other day...does anyone have any advice/links on what to expect for a CLS interview?

Thanks

childishkuriboh

New

Post by childishkuriboh » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:54 pm

Got an email request to interview the other day...does anyone have any advice/links on what to expect for a CLS interview?
I had mine last week. The interviewer asked the standard questions (current non-Columbia plans, likelihood of accepting a Columbia offer, etc.) and a few questions about application specifics (personal statement, extracurriculars/internships, and GPA, since I'm a splitter). In general, it was pretty relaxed, but if you feel like you need to prepare, focus on any parts of your application that could be seen as weaknesses and come up with ways of explaining them. Best of luck!

GettingToMeh

New

Post by GettingToMeh » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:48 pm

Last edited by GettingToMeh on Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JuJuXTX

New

Post by JuJuXTX » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:25 am

I feel you, its either a possible interview or a snail mail.... got a feeling that snail mail is heading my way TAT

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”