Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 WAITLIST Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
butterfly333

New

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 WAITLIST

Post by butterfly333 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:08 pm

+1
Getting pissed, tbh.

lawlife64

New

Post by lawlife64 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:37 pm

barkerintokyo wrote:
Dear xxxxxx,

I hope you're having a great summer so far. I wanted to send you another update on the waitlist situation at Georgetown. Not much has changed since our last update a few weeks ago and our class is still currently oversubscribed. We are still hopeful that a few spaces may become available between now and Registration in August.

As we have said before, you are in a group that we plan to turn to first if space becomes available, so we hope you're able to hang on a little bit longer. We promise to continue to keep you up to date on what's going on. We will check in with you again right after our July 31st tuition deadline, if you haven't heard from us before then.

If spaces do become available, the Committee will move quickly and, if admitted, the Committee will require you to withdraw your name from any other enrollment list to secure a seat at Georgetown. Let us know if you wish to remain in consideration and where Georgetown fits in with your plans at this point. Please respond to this email as soon as possible at lawadmis@georgetown.edu.

As always, we thank you for your patience with this process.

Best,
Andy

Andrew Cornblatt
Dean of Admissions
Georgetown Law
Email came 7/7. PWL.
Just got this email:

Dear xxxx,

I hope you're having a great summer so far. I wanted to send you another update on the waitlist situation at Georgetown. Not much has changed since our last update a few weeks ago and our class is still currently oversubscribed. We are still hopeful that a few spaces may become available between now and Registration in August.

We promise to continue to keep you up to date on what's going on. We will check in with you again right after our July 31st tuition deadline, if you haven't heard from us before then.

If spaces do become available, the Committee will move quickly and, if admitted, the Committee will require you to withdraw your name from any other enrollment list to secure a seat at Georgetown. Let us know if you wish to remain in consideration and where Georgetown fits in with your plans at this point. Please respond to this email as soon as possible at lawadmis@georgetown.edu.

Best,
Andy

Andrew Cornblatt
Dean of Admissions
Georgetown Law

On the regular WL but also got a feeler call a month ago which appears to have meant very little

GULCwaitlistPro

New

Post by GULCwaitlistPro » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:29 pm

lawlife64 wrote:
barkerintokyo wrote:
Dear xxxxxx,

As we have said before, you are in a group that we plan to turn to first if space becomes available, so we hope you're able to hang on a little bit longer. We promise to continue to keep you up to date on what's going on. We will check in with you again right after our July 31st tuition deadline, if you haven't heard from us before then.

Best,
Andy

Andrew Cornblatt
Dean of Admissions
Georgetown Law
Email came 7/7. PWL.
Just got this email:

Dear xxxx,

We promise to continue to keep you up to date on what's going on. We will check in with you again right after our July 31st tuition deadline, if you haven't heard from us before then.

Best,
Andy

Andrew Cornblatt
Dean of Admissions
Georgetown Law

On the regular WL but also got a feeler call a month ago which appears to have meant very little
That's incredibly strange. In all prior years, a feeler call meant you were "on top of the list."

haley12

Silver

Post by haley12 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:16 pm

GULCwaitlistPro wrote:
lawlife64 wrote:
barkerintokyo wrote:
Dear xxxxxx,

Best,
Andy

Andrew Cornblatt
Dean of Admissions
Georgetown Law
Email came 7/7. PWL.
Just got this email:

Dear xxxx,

Best,
Andy

Andrew Cornblatt
Dean of Admissions
Georgetown Law

That's incredibly strange. In all prior years, a feeler call meant you were "on top of the list."
I've also gotten two feeler calls and no admission. Very odd but I think it means they are truly over enrolled.

StopLawying

Silver

Post by StopLawying » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:24 pm

Kinda surprised, thought that Georgetown dropping out of T14 would mean a lot more open spots. Guess not.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

fakeuser123

New

Post by fakeuser123 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:38 pm

StopLawying wrote:Kinda surprised, thought that Georgetown dropping out of T14 would mean a lot more open spots. Guess not.
Foreal. I was hoping this would give me a boost!

GULCwaitlistPro

New

Post by GULCwaitlistPro » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:33 am

haley12 wrote:
GULCwaitlistPro wrote:
lawlife64 wrote:
barkerintokyo wrote:
Dear xxxxxx,

Best,
Andy

Andrew Cornblatt
Dean of Admissions
Georgetown Law
Email came 7/7. PWL.
Just got this email:

Dear xxxx,

Best,
Andy

Andrew Cornblatt
Dean of Admissions
Georgetown Law

I've also gotten two feeler calls and no admission. Very odd but I think it means they are truly over enrolled.
That must be the case. I suppose all that's left is to see how the next month pans out

butterfly333

New

Post by butterfly333 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:37 am

Anyone hear of any movement?

lawlife64

New

Post by lawlife64 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:16 am

butterfly333 wrote:Anyone hear of any movement?
I doubt 12+ people have changed their minds in the last 3 weeks, but maybe towards the end of the month/early August that'll happen and we'll start to see some movement

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

latinxlawschool2020

New

Post by latinxlawschool2020 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:51 pm

lawlife64 wrote:
butterfly333 wrote:Anyone hear of any movement?
I doubt 12+ people have changed their minds in the last 3 weeks, but maybe towards the end of the month/early August that'll happen and we'll start to see some movement
I've decided I won't be attending Georgetown this fall, I'm not going to any law school this year actually.
So for those holding on, I'm sure I just opened a spot. I didn't receive any scholarships probably because my lsat was in low 150s.
I was planning on doing curriculum B, and my schedule was pretty sweet.
I'm going to let them know I am withdrawing this week.
I'm sad, but I hope someone will appreciate getting the opportunity to attend there.

app22

New

Post by app22 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:11 am

Has anyone heard anything? I thought we were supposed to get an updated around this time.

lawlife64

New

Post by lawlife64 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:04 pm

app22 wrote:Has anyone heard anything? I thought we were supposed to get an updated around this time.
+1 I thought we would get an update yesterday or this morning since the tuition deposit was Monday! Last year they got an update literally the day after the tuition deposit deadline, so I wonder if they are just slower this year or maybe have more deposits to work through since their class is overenrolled? Either way it's frustrating...hopefully we hear something this afternoon or tomorrow.

app22

New

Post by app22 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:00 pm

lawlife64 wrote:
app22 wrote:Has anyone heard anything? I thought we were supposed to get an updated around this time.
+1 I thought we would get an update yesterday or this morning since the tuition deposit was Monday! Last year they got an update literally the day after the tuition deposit deadline, so I wonder if they are just slower this year or maybe have more deposits to work through since their class is overenrolled? Either way it's frustrating...hopefully we hear something this afternoon or tomorrow.

I'm pretty shocked that we still have not heard anything.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

lawlife64

New

Post by lawlife64 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:33 pm

app22 wrote:
lawlife64 wrote:

I'm pretty shocked that we still have not heard anything.
Same. I am low key very annoyed at this point and tired of checking my email every 20 minutes. It doesn't make sense that it only took one day last year to sort out the deposits but it's taking them at least 4 days this year to sort through them.

hoyahopeful

New

Post by hoyahopeful » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:52 pm

+1 for being annoyed/jumpy about the wait, especially after Thursday's email guaranteeing a response by Wednesday (yesterday).

Here's to hoping no ding yet is a good sign?

jennageorge

New

Post by jennageorge » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:48 pm

Was recently offered a spot, but wondering how I can ask about any $ possibility. Thoughts?

hoyahopeful

New

Post by hoyahopeful » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:57 pm

jennageorge wrote:Was recently offered a spot, but wondering how I can ask about any $ possibility. Thoughts?

How recently? Like this week? Curious, but also somewhat makes a difference as to what to do.

Conventional wisdom seems to be to just ask nicely- "I appreciate the offer and am strongly interested, but finances are a concern and I'm wondering if there's any merit aid left at this point in the cycle". On the other hand, if you were offered a spot weeks ago they probably would be less likely to play ball.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

jennageorge

New

Post by jennageorge » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:00 pm

hoyahopeful wrote:
jennageorge wrote:Was recently offered a spot, but wondering how I can ask about any $ possibility. Thoughts?

How recently? Like this week? Curious, but also somewhat makes a difference as to what to do.

Conventional wisdom seems to be to just ask nicely- "I appreciate the offer and am strongly interested, but finances are a concern and I'm wondering if there's any merit aid left at this point in the cycle". On the other hand, if you were offered a spot weeks ago they probably would be less likely to play ball.
Yes, this week!! That's what I was thinking of doing- because I know I won't attend without $, so may as well be straightforward. Still deposited at another school and satisfied with that decision if this doesn't pan out.

hoyahopeful

New

Post by hoyahopeful » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:11 pm

jennageorge wrote:
hoyahopeful wrote:

Yes, this week!! That's what I was thinking of doing- because I know I won't attend without $, so may as well be straightforward. Still deposited at another school and satisfied with that decision if this doesn't pan out.

Yep, can't go wrong w/ straightforward. Plus I would think they would want to have your decision sooner than later and you would want to know too.

Do you mind sharing your stats and whether you were on PWL/regular/special? Just for the rest of us lonley people still waiting haha!

jennageorge

New

Post by jennageorge » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:17 pm

hoyahopeful wrote:
jennageorge wrote:
hoyahopeful wrote:

Yep, can't go wrong w/ straightforward. Plus I would think they would want to have your decision sooner than later and you would want to know too.

Do you mind sharing your stats and whether you were on PWL/regular/special? Just for the rest of us lonley people still waiting haha!
Haha no worries! Reverse splitter, and PWL! Great work experience, and solid group interview experience.

lawlife64

New

Post by lawlife64 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:14 am

jennageorge wrote:
hoyahopeful wrote:

Which school are you deposited at?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

lawlawlawzz

New

Post by lawlawlawzz » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:21 pm

Anyone else growing a bit discouraged? I'm surprised that we didn't hear anything last week... Growing more concerned about the logistics of moving to D.C. so abruptly if we are to see anymore movement!

hoyahopeful

New

Post by hoyahopeful » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:40 am

lawlawlawzz wrote:Anyone else growing a bit discouraged? I'm surprised that we didn't hear anything last week... Growing more concerned about the logistics of moving to D.C. so abruptly if we are to see anymore movement!

I'm getting very discouraged. Sort of thinking that if they wanted me there I'd have heard something a long time ago lol. But at the same time if they called me now, I wouldn't hesitate to accept.

StopLawying

Silver

Post by StopLawying » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:51 pm

everyone here get the WL update?

hoyahopeful

New

Post by hoyahopeful » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:52 pm

StopLawying wrote:everyone here get the WL update?

Yeah. My discouragement goes double now. Guess we're all SOL.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”