Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 WAITLIST Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Halfcooked

New

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 WAITLIST

Post by Halfcooked » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:18 pm

chinajoe111 wrote:
You are in a group that we plan to turn to first if space becomes available, so we hope you're able to hang on a little bit longer. However, we do understand if you need to make other plans. For our part, we promise to keep you up to date on what's going on. We will check in with you the week of July 5th if you haven't heard from us before then. "

I'm on the preferred waitlist, and this is the email I received today as well.

GULCwaitlistPro

New

Post by GULCwaitlistPro » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:38 pm

haley12 wrote:Did people with feeler calls not get an email? I didn't get one
Don't expect one. If you got a feeler call, your next contact will be an email from Spada followed by an acceptance, or an acceptance outright.

mahbesq

New

Post by mahbesq » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:04 pm

GULCwaitlistPro wrote:
Don't expect one. If you got a feeler call, your next contact will be an email from Spada followed by an acceptance, or an acceptance outright.

I got a feeler call yesterday and told them I would 100% attend. I was admitted today!

GULCwaitlistPro

New

Post by GULCwaitlistPro » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:09 pm

mahbesq wrote:
GULCwaitlistPro wrote:

I got a feeler call yesterday and told them I would 100% attend. I was admitted today!
Excellent! Great to hear!! Hope you're celebrating tonight!

And remember to ask for merit aid! You never know :wink:

Bronze

Post by 88234 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:17 pm

GULCwaitlistPro wrote:
mahbesq wrote:
GULCwaitlistPro wrote:

I was admitted during the regular cycle, but have watched how you've helped all these people through the WL. It's really nice of you to take so much time out to help interpret the WL dance at GULC; wishing every school had someone like you to bounce questions off of. You're a true brah/bro.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

GULCwaitlistPro

New

Post by GULCwaitlistPro » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:49 pm

88234 wrote:
GULCwaitlistPro wrote:
mahbesq wrote:
GULCwaitlistPro wrote:

I was admitted during the regular cycle, but have watched how you've helped all these people through the WL. It's really nice of you to take so much time out to help interpret the WL dance at GULC; wishing every school had someone like you to bounce questions off of. You're a true brah/bro.
Haha I remember what it was like this time last year vividly, so I can't help but want people to have the advice I wish I had when I was on the waitlist. It really is no problem! Just glad to help

BabyJD

New

Post by BabyJD » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:02 pm

For those that received the e-mail today, are you guys responding to the e-mail with a few sentences, or are you responding with another LOCI?

lawlife64

New

Post by lawlife64 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:36 pm

I got a feeler call yesterday but did not get the email people are talking about...is that a good sign? I'm confused as to why I would be accepted over someone on the preferred waitlist when they explicitly said they are turning to people on the preferred waitlist first...seems sus

lawlife64

New

Post by lawlife64 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:40 pm

mahbesq wrote:
GULCwaitlistPro wrote:

If I got a feeler call yesterday and told them the same thing, do we think it's a bad sign that I wasn't also admitted today?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

chinajoe111

New

Post by chinajoe111 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:41 pm

BabyJD wrote:For those that received the e-mail today, are you guys responding to the e-mail with a few sentences, or are you responding with another LOCI?
I just sent a short email that was a variation on the emails i sent for the previous waitlist updates

chinajoe111

New

Post by chinajoe111 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:43 pm

GULCwaitlistPro wrote:
88234 wrote:
GULCwaitlistPro wrote:
mahbesq wrote:
GULCwaitlistPro wrote:

Haha I remember what it was like this time last year vividly, so I can't help but want people to have the advice I wish I had when I was on the waitlist. It really is no problem! Just glad to help

Ya dude/dudette, you are a saint. if by some miracle i get in, i'm hunting you down and buying you a beer haha

haley12

Silver

Post by haley12 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:56 pm

lawlife64 wrote:
I got a feeler call yesterday but did not get the email people are talking about...is that a good sign? I'm confused as to why I would be accepted over someone on the preferred waitlist when they explicitly said they are turning to people on the preferred waitlist first...seems sus
They said that the first round too but people on the regular WL got off before people on the preferred or special preferred! Always hope. I think that's more of a general statement than a promise really.

mahbesq

New

Post by mahbesq » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:08 pm

lawlife64 wrote:
I'd say it's a good sign that you didn't receive that email today...especially if you told them you would 100% attend on the feeler call.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

chigurrh

New

Post by chigurrh » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:22 pm

Feeler call today. No email yet.

Halfcooked

New

Post by Halfcooked » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:20 am

Congratulations mahbesq! Good for you :)

Halfcooked

New

Post by Halfcooked » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:24 am

BabyJD wrote:For those that received the e-mail today, are you guys responding to the e-mail with a few sentences, or are you responding with another LOCI?
I submitted a truncated letter hitting my main points concisely.

Halfcooked

New

Post by Halfcooked » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:26 am

lawlife64 wrote:
mahbesq wrote:
GULCwaitlistPro wrote:

If I got a feeler call yesterday and told them the same thing, do we think it's a bad sign that I wasn't also admitted today?
Stay positive lawlife64, I should think you are in a good place at the moment, and fixing to be in a better one shortly.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

mahbesq

New

Post by mahbesq » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:34 am

Halfcooked wrote:Congratulations mahbesq! Good for you :)
Thanks! Best of luck to you and everyone else!

34iplaw

Gold

Post by 34iplaw » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:45 am

I feel like Georgetown is negging us based on the language of the email and waitlist movement.

lollawschool

New

Post by lollawschool » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:56 am

I was admitted yesterday via email! Have not received the letter yet though. Does anyone know the process for asking for merit aid? Is the info in the letter?

GULCwaitlistPro

New

Post by GULCwaitlistPro » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:28 am

lollawschool wrote:I was admitted yesterday via email! Have not received the letter yet though. Does anyone know the process for asking for merit aid? Is the info in the letter?
No. They will not, most likely, directly offer you merit aid. After you get your letter, email admissions and ask/negotiate for it - respectfully.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

GULCwaitlistPro

New

Post by GULCwaitlistPro » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:29 am

lawlife64 wrote:
Don't worry about it - you're at the top of the waitlist right now, and most likely, your time will come very soon - whether you get an email from Spada or not

On your preferred waitlist question - towards the end of the waitlist cycle, people who showed more likeliness to 100% attend if accepted get bumped up to priority. So, if you were on the regular waitlist but consistently showed interest and kept saying 100% will go if accepted, you were most likely put ahead of those on the pref. waitlist over those that did not

lollawschool

New

Post by lollawschool » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:05 am

GULCwaitlistPro wrote:
lollawschool wrote:I was admitted yesterday via email! Have not received the letter yet though. Does anyone know the process for asking for merit aid? Is the info in the letter?
No. They will not, most likely, directly offer you merit aid. After you get your letter, email admissions and ask/negotiate for it - respectfully.
Thanks! The lawhotline@georgetown.edu one or the regular admissions one?

GULCwaitlistPro

New

Post by GULCwaitlistPro » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:29 am

lollawschool wrote:
GULCwaitlistPro wrote:
Thanks! The lawhotline@georgetown.edu one or the regular admissions one?
Hotline. That email is your new line of contact. PSA: NO ONE send emails to the hotline email unless accepted.

@chinajoe111
Ya dude/dudette, you are a saint. if by some miracle i get in, i'm hunting you down and buying you a beer haha
Can't say no to free beer!

Halfcooked

New

Post by Halfcooked » Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:43 pm

Anyone out there getting any calls? LSN shows someone recently accepted off the waitlist with some $.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”