Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 WAITLIST Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
GULCwaitlistPro

New

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 WAITLIST

Post by GULCwaitlistPro » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:54 pm

Most likely, expect a feeler call before being accepted. If you receive a feeler call, you're most likely "in." After your feeler call, you'll get an email a couple of days or a week later which will say something like "we can't tell you you're in via email, but you're in."

But a feeler call isn't always necessary. Just more likely than not you'll get one, if you're getting off the waitlist

lawlawlawzz

New

Post by lawlawlawzz » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:58 pm

GULCwaitlistPro wrote:Most likely, expect a feeler call before being accepted. If you receive a feeler call, you're most likely "in." After your feeler call, you'll get an email a couple of days or a week later which will say something like "we can't tell you you're in via email, but you're in."

But a feeler call isn't always necessary. Just more likely than not you'll get one, if you're getting off the waitlist
Do you think that missing a feeler call would be a detriment to your potential admission? If I were to get one, I'd likely be out of service or unable to answer...

Halfcooked

New

Post by Halfcooked » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:21 pm

lawlawlawzz wrote:
GULCwaitlistPro wrote:Most likely, expect a feeler call before being accepted. If you receive a feeler call, you're most likely "in." After your feeler call, you'll get an email a couple of days or a week later which will say something like "we can't tell you you're in via email, but you're in."

Do you think that missing a feeler call would be a detriment to your potential admission? If I were to get one, I'd likely be out of service or unable to answer...

Click on "GULCWaitlistPro's" comments, read them, then ask yourself if you are going to hang your hat on their advice or input. That poster first claims to be a Georgetown 2L, then is asking questions about waitlist emails from Georgetown, then is telling people what they are likely to expect from Georgetown.... a bit dubious at a minimum.... Might be a nice person with good intentions, but they aren't passing the smell test.

GULCwaitlistPro

New

Post by GULCwaitlistPro » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:26 pm

Halfcooked wrote:
lawlawlawzz wrote:

Click on "GULCWaitlistPro's" comments, read them, then ask yourself if you are going to hang your hat on their advice or input. That poster first claims to be a Georgetown 2L, then is asking questions about waitlist emails from Georgetown, then is telling people what they are likely to expect from Georgetown.... a bit dubious at a minimum.... Might be a nice person with good intentions, but they aren't passing the smell test.
I don't know how to prove to anyone I am who I say I am in a way I am comfortable with, but I'm not fibbing at all. Was on the waitlist last year, and got admitted during the second-to-last admit-wave.

@Lawlawlawzz: I doubt it. People miss calls all the time - totally normal (though I will admit, I was paranoid about the same situation this time last year lol). If you miss the call, just call back as soon as you can. I don't think it'll hurt you.

app22

New

Post by app22 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:03 pm

Anyone hear anything today? Really thought people would start to get feeler calls by now

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lawlife64

New

Post by lawlife64 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:14 pm

app22 wrote:Anyone hear anything today? Really thought people would start to get feeler calls by now
I got one this morning! No confirmation email yet though. He said I should hear by the end of this week or next week.

turkeyncheese

New

Post by turkeyncheese » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:16 pm

Do they usually do most feeler calls on the same day? It looks like from this thread that most people got their feeler calls during the last admit wave on may 3rd.. or do the calls usually continue throughout the week?

app22

New

Post by app22 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:39 pm

lawlife64 wrote:
app22 wrote:Anyone hear anything today? Really thought people would start to get feeler calls by now
I got one this morning! No confirmation email yet though. He said I should hear by the end of this week or next week.

Congrats!

mahbesq

New

Post by mahbesq » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:09 pm

app22 wrote:
lawlife64 wrote:

Congrats!
I got one too. Now it feels like I'm in the second waiting room of the doctor's office!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

app22

New

Post by app22 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:22 pm

mahbesq wrote:
app22 wrote:
lawlife64 wrote:

Congrats!
I got one too. Now it feels like I'm in the second waiting room of the doctor's office!

That's great! Did they happen to say how many spots are available or anything like that?

turkeyncheese

New

Post by turkeyncheese » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:29 pm

mahbesq wrote:
app22 wrote:
lawlife64 wrote:

Congrats!
Congrats! Did both/either of you say that you would 100% attend if admitted in ur loci's/responses to any emails?

lawlife64

New

Post by lawlife64 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:47 pm

app22 wrote:
mahbesq wrote:
app22 wrote:
lawlife64 wrote:

Congrats!

That's great! Did they happen to say how many spots are available or anything like that?
Tbh the connection was really bad and I missed a lot of what he said but he kept reiterating that I would have a small window of time to make my commitment and that they're kind of nearing the end of waitlist admits but there might be a "trickle" here or there throughout the rest of the summer...could just be bs though

lawlife64

New

Post by lawlife64 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:48 pm

turkeyncheese wrote:
mahbesq wrote:
app22 wrote:
lawlife64 wrote:

Congrats!
Congrats! Did both/either of you say that you would 100% attend if admitted in ur loci's/responses to any emails?
I said in an email a couple weeks ago I would attend if admitted and today on the phone he said he could give me the afternoon to think about it but I said I was ready to commit then and there and that I know Georgetown is where I want to be.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

lawlife64

New

Post by lawlife64 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:53 pm

mahbesq wrote:
app22 wrote:
lawlife64 wrote:

Congrats!
Yeah the next week (or however long it takes for them to email us) is gonna feel like an eternity...not sure how I'm supposed to focus on my work at a time like this

Halfcooked

New

Post by Halfcooked » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:12 pm

For those of you who received a call today - first of all, congratulations - I am wondering if you were on the special preferred waitlist, or the preferred waitlist?

lawlife64

New

Post by lawlife64 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:58 am

Halfcooked wrote:For those of you who received a call today - first of all, congratulations - I am wondering if you were on the special preferred waitlist, or the preferred waitlist?
I'm not on either! I'm on the regular waiting list which is why I was so surprised.

Halfcooked

New

Post by Halfcooked » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:38 am

lawlife64 wrote:
Halfcooked wrote:For those of you who received a call today - first of all, congratulations - I am wondering if you were on the special preferred waitlist, or the preferred waitlist?
I'm not on either! I'm on the regular waiting list which is why I was so surprised.
Wow. Awesome and good for you Lawlife64! Congrats to you :) Thanks for sharing info. Might I be so bold as to ask what steps you took as a waitlister? As someone below both of GT's statistical medians I imagine my chances of getting off the waitlist are slim. Somehow I wound up on the preferred waitlist nonetheless.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

lawlife64

New

Post by lawlife64 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:46 am

Halfcooked wrote:
lawlife64 wrote:
Wow. Awesome and good for you Lawlife64! Congrats to you :) Thanks for sharing info. Might I be so bold as to ask what steps you took as a waitlister? As someone below both of GT's statistical medians I imagine my chances of getting off the waitlist are slim. Somehow I wound up on the preferred waitlist nonetheless.
All I did was respond to any interest emails they sent telling them that I already deposited at another school, but would prefer Georgetown for better health law opportunities and would attend if admitted. I also sent an updated resume directly to them and an updated transcript to LSAC since I just graduated. Although it seemed like he was implicitly saying I would be admitted on the phone, he also threw in a little disclaimer that there's "no guarantee," so I don't think congrats are necessarily in order just yet. Definitely going to be stressing until I get the next email.

Halfcooked

New

Post by Halfcooked » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:27 pm

lawlife64 wrote:
Halfcooked wrote:
lawlife64 wrote:
All I did was respond to any interest emails they sent telling them that I already deposited at another school, but would prefer Georgetown for better health law opportunities and would attend if admitted. I also sent an updated resume directly to them and an updated transcript to LSAC since I just graduated. Although it seemed like he was implicitly saying I would be admitted on the phone, he also threw in a little disclaimer that there's "no guarantee," so I don't think congrats are necessarily in order just yet. Definitely going to be stressing until I get the next email.
Thank you for sharing what you did, Lawlife64. I would say having received a call is a huge step in the right direction, at a minimum. Given the rate in which people seem to be admitted after receiving a call, I would say your chances are quite high. I am pulling for you :) I hope you see a large packet in the mail in just a couple of days.

GULCwaitlistPro

New

Post by GULCwaitlistPro » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:29 pm

lawlife64 wrote:
Halfcooked wrote:
lawlife64 wrote:
Sounds like you did everything right! Consistent and positive, yet professional contact, with the all important "will attend if admitted." Best of luck!

cqq1234

New

Post by cqq1234 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:22 pm

Reg. WL here. Received the following update:

Now that it's June, as promised I wanted to send you another quick e-mail update on the waitlist situation at Georgetown. Our class is still currently oversubscribed, but these things have a way of changing. We are monitoring the class on a daily basis and will be in touch should space become available.

While we hope that you can continue to stay with us on the waitlist, we understand if you need to make other plans. For our part, we promise to keep you up to date on what's going on. We will check in with you the week of July 5th if you haven't heard from us before then.

If spaces do become available, the Committee will move quickly and, if admitted, the Committee will require you to withdraw your name from any other enrollment list to secure a seat at Georgetown. Let us know if you wish to remain in consideration and where Georgetown fits in with your plans at this point. Please respond to this email at as soon as possible at lawadmis@georgetown.edu.

As always, we thank you for your patience with this process.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

schmem

New

Post by schmem » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:32 pm

cqq1234 wrote:Reg. WL here. Received the following update:

Now that it's June, as promised I wanted to send you another quick e-mail update on the waitlist situation at Georgetown. Our class is still currently oversubscribed, but these things have a way of changing. We are monitoring the class on a daily basis and will be in touch should space become available.

While we hope that you can continue to stay with us on the waitlist, we understand if you need to make other plans. For our part, we promise to keep you up to date on what's going on. We will check in with you the week of July 5th if you haven't heard from us before then.

If spaces do become available, the Committee will move quickly and, if admitted, the Committee will require you to withdraw your name from any other enrollment list to secure a seat at Georgetown. Let us know if you wish to remain in consideration and where Georgetown fits in with your plans at this point. Please respond to this email at as soon as possible at lawadmis@georgetown.edu.

As always, we thank you for your patience with this process.
+1

chinajoe111

New

Post by chinajoe111 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:49 pm

I'm on the preferred waitlist and mine was slightly different

"Now that it's June, as promised I wanted to send you another quick e-mail update on the waitlist situation at Georgetown. Our class is still currently oversubscribed, but these things have a way of changing quickly. We are monitoring the class on a daily basis and we're still hopeful that we will be able to contact you with good news in the near future.

You are in a group that we plan to turn to first if space becomes available, so we hope you're able to hang on a little bit longer. However, we do understand if you need to make other plans. For our part, we promise to keep you up to date on what's going on. We will check in with you the week of July 5th if you haven't heard from us before then.

If spaces do become available, the Committee will move quickly and, if admitted, the Committee will require you to withdraw your name from any other enrollment list to secure a seat at Georgetown. Let us know if you wish to remain in consideration and where Georgetown fits in with your plans at this point. Please respond to this email as soon as possible at lawadmis@georgetown.edu.

As always, we thank you for your patience with this process."

GULCwaitlistPro

New

Post by GULCwaitlistPro » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:06 pm

chinajoe111 wrote:I'm on the preferred waitlist and mine was slightly different

"Now that it's June, as promised I wanted to send you another quick e-mail update on the waitlist situation at Georgetown. Our class is still currently oversubscribed, but these things have a way of changing quickly. We are monitoring the class on a daily basis and we're still hopeful that we will be able to contact you with good news in the near future.

You are in a group that we plan to turn to first if space becomes available, so we hope you're able to hang on a little bit longer. However, we do understand if you need to make other plans. For our part, we promise to keep you up to date on what's going on. We will check in with you the week of July 5th if you haven't heard from us before then.

If spaces do become available, the Committee will move quickly and, if admitted, the Committee will require you to withdraw your name from any other enrollment list to secure a seat at Georgetown. Let us know if you wish to remain in consideration and where Georgetown fits in with your plans at this point. Please respond to this email as soon as possible at lawadmis@georgetown.edu.

As always, we thank you for your patience with this process."
When they say "you're the first they'll turn to," they sort of mean it. Basically, the hierarchy of waves looks right now as follows:

First wave: Those who received phone calls recently. Most likely looking at an acceptance early next week.

Second wave: Those who received the "You are in a group we plan to turn to first" email. If space is available (likely some space will be) - looking at an acceptance in 2 and a half weeks, assuming you respond to the email with a will "100% attend if accepted"

Third wave: Those who received the regular update email. It's up in the air. You may get accepted, and you may not, depending on how the previous two waves go. From last year, I remember 2 or 3 people saying they got accepted in that last wave (at least those who self reported on TLS).

haley12

Silver

Post by haley12 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:15 pm

Did people with feeler calls not get an email? I didn't get one

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”