Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 WAITLIST Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
madethisforthelsat

New

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 WAITLIST

Post by madethisforthelsat » Thu May 11, 2017 12:59 pm

patttt wrote:
Ashcashbgash wrote:
patttt wrote:Successfully negotiated the scholarship they offered me a few days ago when they admitted me off the SPWL and, as promised, just committed. This was a cycle from hell, at least for me, and I'm so happy that it's finally over. I wish you all the best of luck!
Can you please disclose the tactics you used to negotiate your WL offer? Also, what is the SP Waitlist?
I did everything that people on this forum tell you not to do. SP means special preferred

Did you email them to negotiate? I also got in off the WL Monday and they haven't responded to my email yet.. wondering if I emailed the wrong person/if I should call

angrypepe

New

Post by angrypepe » Thu May 11, 2017 1:16 pm

madethisforthelsat wrote:
patttt wrote:
Ashcashbgash wrote:
patttt wrote:Successfully negotiated the scholarship they offered me a few days ago when they admitted me off the SPWL and, as promised, just committed. This was a cycle from hell, at least for me, and I'm so happy that it's finally over. I wish you all the best of luck!
Can you please disclose the tactics you used to negotiate your WL offer? Also, what is the SP Waitlist?
I did everything that people on this forum tell you not to do. SP means special preferred

Did you email them to negotiate? I also got in off the WL Monday and they haven't responded to my email yet.. wondering if I emailed the wrong person/if I should call
I got off the WL on Monday, too. However, I haven't received my acceptance mail package yet and since the e-mail didn't say anything about scholarship, I chose to send an e-mail asking about it on Tuesday. Just like you, I still haven't heard back from them..

madethisforthelsat

New

Post by madethisforthelsat » Thu May 11, 2017 1:17 pm

angrypepe wrote:
patttt wrote:
Ashcashbgash wrote:

I got off the WL on Monday, too. However, I haven't received my acceptance mail package yet and since the e-mail didn't say anything about scholarship, I chose to send an e-mail asking about it on Tuesday. Just like you, I still haven't heard back from them..

Same exact boat. Waiting on mail and email lol. Keep in touch

spchwrtr

New

Post by spchwrtr » Thu May 11, 2017 2:07 pm

josh613 wrote:
eleg wrote:
spchwrtr wrote:Accepted off Preferred Waitlist.
did you still get that email from yesterday indicating that the waitlist was mostly full?
I was just accepted and did not receive that email.
I did not receive the email. Got an email offering to talk on the phone the same day, and the phone call made me feel pretty sure I was going to get admitted. The person kept using phrases like "fingers crossed you'll get in, what kinda of questions do you need answered now so that you're decision can be made quickly." The next day G'town's assistant dean for admissions offering the admission, rather cheekily, by saying he couldn't say via email but I would like the mail I'm going to get from them.

x1aolin

New

Post by x1aolin » Thu May 11, 2017 10:09 pm

charles117 wrote:
josh613 wrote:
mhassan72 wrote:
x1aolin wrote:In off SPW, 15k/year. Today is my birthday, feel so blessed.
Pm stats and when did you hear from them
+1
+2
PM'd.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

x1aolin

New

Post by x1aolin » Thu May 11, 2017 10:12 pm

patttt wrote:
Ashcashbgash wrote:

I emailed the address they provided in the offer letter about scholarship. They responded very quick.

StopLawying

Silver

Post by StopLawying » Thu May 11, 2017 10:58 pm

Last edited by StopLawying on Fri May 12, 2017 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ml0606148

New

Post by ml0606148 » Fri May 12, 2017 7:02 am

did anyone send Scholarship Intent to Enroll form but receive no reply?

goldenbear2020

Silver

Post by goldenbear2020 » Fri May 12, 2017 4:02 pm

I only got the auto-reply after submitting the Scholarship Intent to Enroll form - no response. Your status checker will confirm when they've received your deposit and dean's certification form, though.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

goldenbear2020

Silver

Post by goldenbear2020 » Fri May 12, 2017 4:07 pm

Classes are held in either the Bernard P. McDonough Hall (the main lecture hall) or the Eric E. Hotung International Law Center (denoted with "H" in front of the classroom number).

StopLawying

Silver

Post by StopLawying » Fri May 12, 2017 4:34 pm

^ thank you!

crimsonknight

New

Post by crimsonknight » Sat May 13, 2017 12:00 am

For those who got accepted off the waitlist recently, how long did it take before your username/password worked for the admitted students website? I'm trying to submit my information for financial aid, but can't access the website.

josh613

New

Post by josh613 » Wed May 17, 2017 2:05 pm

crimsonknight wrote:For those who got accepted off the waitlist recently, how long did it take before your username/password worked for the admitted students website? I'm trying to submit my information for financial aid, but can't access the website.
The next day for me.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

mangomochi

New

Post by mangomochi » Thu May 18, 2017 5:14 pm

In off SPWL with $!! Don't lose hope everyone--they're still admitting people. And now that H is pulling off its waitlist, I expect lots of you to get good news soon :D

patttt

Silver

Post by patttt » Thu May 18, 2017 6:18 pm

mangomochi wrote:In off SPWL with $!! Don't lose hope everyone--they're still admitting people. And now that H is pulling off its waitlist, I expect lots of you to get good news soon :D
Congrats!! Will you be attending?

charles117

Bronze

Post by charles117 » Fri May 19, 2017 1:50 pm

Last edited by charles117 on Fri May 19, 2017 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eleg

New

Post by eleg » Fri May 19, 2017 1:53 pm

charles117 wrote:[]

Dear,

Your placement on the Preferred Waiting List reflected our confidence in the strength of your application. At this time, however, we have received deposits from more applicants than we have seats available in the first year class. We hope you remain interested in being considered for admission should a space become available. Since we have not heard from you recently expressing your interest in attending Georgetown, we wanted to check in with you. If you still wish to be considered for admission, please respond to this email by Monday, May 22. We hope to hear back from you but, if not, we wish you much success in your future endeavors.

Best,

Andy

Andrew Cornblatt
Dean of Admissions
Well I have now lost all hope.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

mahbesq

New

Post by mahbesq » Fri May 19, 2017 2:00 pm

eleg wrote:
charles117 wrote:[]

Dear,

Your placement on the Preferred Waiting List reflected our confidence in the strength of your application. At this time, however, we have received deposits from more applicants than we have seats available in the first year class. We hope you remain interested in being considered for admission should a space become available. Since we have not heard from you recently expressing your interest in attending Georgetown, we wanted to check in with you. If you still wish to be considered for admission, please respond to this email by Monday, May 22. We hope to hear back from you but, if not, we wish you much success in your future endeavors.

Best,

Andy

Andrew Cornblatt
Dean of Admissions
Well I have now lost all hope.
Ditto! :-/

mangomochi

New

Post by mangomochi » Fri May 19, 2017 2:08 pm

patttt wrote:
mangomochi wrote:In off SPWL with $!! Don't lose hope everyone--they're still admitting people. And now that H is pulling off its waitlist, I expect lots of you to get good news soon :D
Thank you! I'm going to try to negotiate their offer up a bit, and I'm still on a couple of waitlists in the T6. But in all likelihood, yes.

Motion22Step

New

Post by Motion22Step » Fri May 19, 2017 2:26 pm

mangomochi wrote:
patttt wrote:
Thank you! I'm going to try to negotiate their offer up a bit, and I'm still on a couple of waitlists in the T6. But in all likelihood, yes.
Congrats!!

Thanks for the hopeful words. I'm looking forward to some positive news next week!

Motion22Step

New

Post by Motion22Step » Fri May 19, 2017 2:29 pm

charles117 wrote:[LSAC Account #: L12345678]

Dear Charles,

Best,

Andy

Andrew Cornblatt
Dean of Admissions
Looks like a good look for you!

Did u get this today? Had you gotten the feeler call beforehand? Just curious over here lol

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

nicola27

New

Post by nicola27 » Fri May 19, 2017 2:42 pm

Motion22Step wrote:

Dear Charles,

Best,

Andy

Andrew Cornblatt
Dean of Admissions

Did u get this today? Had you gotten the feeler call beforehand? Just curious over here lol
I also received this but in my case I think it's because I have yet to send any sort of confirmation or LOCI, as I think I'm going to be withdrawing very soon. Hope this adds some context!

sorence

Bronze

Post by sorence » Fri May 19, 2017 2:48 pm

nicola27 wrote:
Motion22Step wrote:

Dear Charles,

Best,

Andy

Andrew Cornblatt
Dean of Admissions

I also received this but in my case I think it's because I have yet to send any sort of confirmation or LOCI, as I think I'm going to be withdrawing very soon. Hope this adds some context!
Oh yeah, is this the feeler? I got it too. I assumed it was a "we haven't heard anything from you, you don't seem interested, pull it together" email because I haven't sent in an LOCI either.

schmem

New

Post by schmem » Fri May 19, 2017 2:52 pm

sorence wrote:
nicola27 wrote:
Motion22Step wrote:

Dear Charles,

Best,

Andy

Andrew Cornblatt
Dean of Admissions

Oh yeah, is this the feeler? I got it too. I assumed it was a "we haven't heard anything from you, you don't seem interested, pull it together" email because I haven't sent in an LOCI either.
I don't think it's a feeler, I got a slightly modified version as a regular wl'er.

eleg

New

Post by eleg » Fri May 19, 2017 3:00 pm

schmem wrote:
sorence wrote:
nicola27 wrote:
Motion22Step wrote:

Dear Charles,

Best,

Andy

Andrew Cornblatt
Dean of Admissions

I don't think it's a feeler, I got a slightly modified version as a regular wl'er.
Did you show any recent interest/was that the modification in your email besides RW instead of PW? I showed fairly recent interest, but I haven't gotten this email yet.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”