Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 WAITLIST Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
haley12

Silver

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 WAITLIST

Post by haley12 » Fri May 19, 2017 3:15 pm

Can anyone who has had a successful feeler call PM me and tell me what to say? Stressin :shock:

schmem

New

Post by schmem » Fri May 19, 2017 3:18 pm

eleg wrote:
schmem wrote:
sorence wrote:
nicola27 wrote:
Motion22Step wrote:
charles117 wrote:[LSAC Account #: L12345678]

Dear Charles,

Your placement on the Preferred Waiting List reflected our confidence in the strength of your application. At this time, however, we have received deposits from more applicants than we have seats available in the first year class. We hope you remain interested in being considered for admission should a space become available. Since we have not heard from you recently expressing your interest in attending Georgetown, we wanted to check in with you. If you still wish to be considered for admission, please respond to this email by Monday, May 22. We hope to hear back from you but, if not, we wish you much success in your future endeavors.

Best,

Andy

Andrew Cornblatt
Dean of Admissions
Looks like a good look for you!

Did u get this today? Had you gotten the feeler call beforehand? Just curious over here lol
I also received this but in my case I think it's because I have yet to send any sort of confirmation or LOCI, as I think I'm going to be withdrawing very soon. Hope this adds some context!
Oh yeah, is this the feeler? I got it too. I assumed it was a "we haven't heard anything from you, you don't seem interested, pull it together" email because I haven't sent in an LOCI either.
I don't think it's a feeler, I got a slightly modified version as a regular wl'er.
Did you show any recent interest/was that the modification in your email besides RW instead of PW? I showed fairly recent interest, but I haven't gotten this email yet.
No, I hadn't been in touch for a while, and yeah it just said "your placement on the Waiting List."

Motion22Step

New

Post by Motion22Step » Fri May 19, 2017 3:24 pm

schmem wrote:
eleg wrote:
schmem wrote:
sorence wrote:
nicola27 wrote:
Motion22Step wrote:
charles117 wrote:[LSAC Account #: L12345678]

Dear Charles,

Your placement on the Preferred Waiting List reflected our confidence in the strength of your application. At this time, however, we have received deposits from more applicants than we have seats available in the first year class. We hope you remain interested in being considered for admission should a space become available. Since we have not heard from you recently expressing your interest in attending Georgetown, we wanted to check in with you. If you still wish to be considered for admission, please respond to this email by Monday, May 22. We hope to hear back from you but, if not, we wish you much success in your future endeavors.

Best,

Andy

Andrew Cornblatt
Dean of Admissions
Looks like a good look for you!

Did u get this today? Had you gotten the feeler call beforehand? Just curious over here lol
I also received this but in my case I think it's because I have yet to send any sort of confirmation or LOCI, as I think I'm going to be withdrawing very soon. Hope this adds some context!
Oh yeah, is this the feeler? I got it too. I assumed it was a "we haven't heard anything from you, you don't seem interested, pull it together" email because I haven't sent in an LOCI either.
I don't think it's a feeler, I got a slightly modified version as a regular wl'er.
Did you show any recent interest/was that the modification in your email besides RW instead of PW? I showed fairly recent interest, but I haven't gotten this email yet.
No, I hadn't been in touch for a while, and yeah it just said "your placement on the Waiting List."
Hmm. I'm thinking that they're pretty interested in you all and want to know where you stand? Post-May 22 wave coming maybe?

Motion22Step

New

Post by Motion22Step » Fri May 19, 2017 3:25 pm

haley12 wrote:Can anyone who has had a successful feeler call PM me and tell me what to say? Stressin :shock:
I believe you'd gotten a feeler call? I haven't heard back after mine and had expected to a couple of days after.

GULC, if I did something wrong, just tell me. I can change! (draft text of my next LOCI lol)

sorence

Bronze

Post by sorence » Fri May 19, 2017 3:53 pm

Motion22Step wrote:Hmm. I'm thinking that they're pretty interested in you all and want to know where you stand? Post-May 22 wave coming maybe?
Anything is possible! I've taken this email as an opportunity to withdraw :) Good luck to you all!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Post by Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Fri May 19, 2017 3:53 pm

So that email today basically said:

"So we have no more space to admit anyone, but please send in a LOCI by Monday or else we'll withdraw you from consideration."

Makes sense.

Motion22Step

New

Post by Motion22Step » Fri May 19, 2017 4:04 pm

sorence wrote:
Motion22Step wrote:Hmm. I'm thinking that they're pretty interested in you all and want to know where you stand? Post-May 22 wave coming maybe?
Anything is possible! I've taken this email as an opportunity to withdraw :) Good luck to you all!
Lol true. Thanks and best of luck wherever you decide to attend!

eleg

New

Post by eleg » Fri May 19, 2017 4:22 pm

Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:So that email today basically said:

"So we have no more space to admit anyone, but please send in a LOCI by Monday or else we'll withdraw you from consideration."

Makes sense.
That's how I read it. I saw it as more of a negative thing than positive, but I hope I'm wrong.

haley12

Silver

Post by haley12 » Fri May 19, 2017 5:43 pm

Motion22Step wrote:
haley12 wrote:Can anyone who has had a successful feeler call PM me and tell me what to say? Stressin :shock:
I believe you'd gotten a feeler call? I haven't heard back after mine and had expected to a couple of days after.

GULC, if I did something wrong, just tell me. I can change! (draft text of my next LOCI lol)
Yeah, I got one a couple weeks ago and didn't hear back until yesterday. Another one scheduled for today.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

cqq1234

New

Post by cqq1234 » Fri May 19, 2017 5:50 pm

haley12 wrote:
Motion22Step wrote:

Yeah, I got one a couple weeks ago and didn't hear back until yesterday. Another one scheduled for today.
Seems like only PWLers are being reached out to. Any regular WLers hear anything yet?

brownbird

New

Post by brownbird » Fri May 19, 2017 6:39 pm

has anybody else on the PWL not gotten a feeler call or email? i've sent LOCI and new letters of rec, but i haven't heard anything besides the mass waitlist update emails and confirmations that they've received my emails. it's making me really worried, i don't know what else i can do at this point to make georgetown notice me :(

eleg

New

Post by eleg » Fri May 19, 2017 7:21 pm

brownbird wrote:has anybody else on the PWL not gotten a feeler call or email? i've sent LOCI and new letters of rec, but i haven't heard anything besides the mass waitlist update emails and confirmations that they've received my emails. it's making me really worried, i don't know what else i can do at this point to make georgetown notice me :(
I am in the exact same boat :(

haley12

Silver

Post by haley12 » Fri May 19, 2017 8:59 pm

cqq1234 wrote:
haley12 wrote:
Motion22Step wrote:

Seems like only PWLers are being reached out to. Any regular WLers hear anything yet?
I'm on the regular WL

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

barkerintokyo

New

Post by barkerintokyo » Sat May 20, 2017 12:26 am

eleg wrote:
brownbird wrote:has anybody else on the PWL not gotten a feeler call or email? i've sent LOCI and new letters of rec, but i haven't heard anything besides the mass waitlist update emails and confirmations that they've received my emails. it's making me really worried, i don't know what else i can do at this point to make georgetown notice me :(
also same boat

fakeuser123

New

Post by fakeuser123 » Sat May 20, 2017 1:15 am

barkerintokyo wrote:
eleg wrote:
also same boat
I'm also PWL with nothing. Not even today's email :(

mahbesq

New

Post by mahbesq » Sat May 20, 2017 4:08 pm

fakeuser123 wrote:
barkerintokyo wrote:
eleg wrote:
also same boat
Add one more to the boat :-/

Stylnator

Silver

Post by Stylnator » Sat May 20, 2017 6:07 pm

mahbesq wrote:
fakeuser123 wrote:
barkerintokyo wrote:
eleg wrote:
also same boat
Add one more to the boat :-/
+1. I even called and begged.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Sat May 20, 2017 10:10 pm

Just sent them an email and withdrew my application. But honestly though, I did not even receive today's email. I think they might have silently ding-ed me already.

raeofsunshine

New

Post by raeofsunshine » Mon May 22, 2017 3:49 pm

fakeuser123 wrote:
barkerintokyo wrote:
eleg wrote:
also same boat
What was the email sent on Sat?

lawlawlawzz

New

Post by lawlawlawzz » Mon May 22, 2017 5:36 pm

raeofsunshine wrote:
fakeuser123 wrote:
barkerintokyo wrote:
eleg wrote:
also same boat
What was the email sent on Sat?

Fairly sure that it was some kind of continued interest inquiry. Seems to have been sent to people who've been out of contact for a while. If they didn't respond by today they were removed from their respective waitlists?

Motion22Step

New

Post by Motion22Step » Mon May 22, 2017 8:37 pm

haley12 wrote:
Motion22Step wrote:

Nice! I hope that went well. Anything you can say on the nature of the 2nd call (different/similar to 1st?) would be appreciated :)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

GULCwaitlistPro

New

Post by GULCwaitlistPro » Tue May 23, 2017 10:39 pm

Hey all! Rising Georgetown 2L here. I got in off the regular waitlist last year in one of the last "waitlist waves," with merit-aid, and I'm happy to share what I did or general strategies with anyone who asks. For specific questions about what I did, send me a PM. For other random Qs, feel free to ask!

Zuko

New

Post by Zuko » Wed May 24, 2017 9:59 am

Assuming everyone just got the "Georgetown Waitlist Update" email just now? Just asking to keep in touch with your level of interest, also saying that late next week or maybe earlier they should have some spots.

mahbesq

New

Post by mahbesq » Wed May 24, 2017 10:14 am

Zuko wrote:Assuming everyone just got the "Georgetown Waitlist Update" email just now? Just asking to keep in touch with your level of interest, also saying that late next week or maybe earlier they should have some spots.

Preferred Wait List here - received no email today, personally.

brownbird

New

Post by brownbird » Wed May 24, 2017 10:18 am

Zuko wrote:Assuming everyone just got the "Georgetown Waitlist Update" email just now? Just asking to keep in touch with your level of interest, also saying that late next week or maybe earlier they should have some spots.
Do you know if there's any difference in the email for people on the preferred waitlist and the regular waitlist? Previously all of my mass emails from them have said "preferred waitlist update", but now it just says "waitlist update". Am I just being paranoid or have I been demoted? :?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”