Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 WAITLIST Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
chinajoe111

New

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 WAITLIST

Post by chinajoe111 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:23 pm

Thank you, again, for your application to and continued interest in Georgetown Law. Your placement on the Preferred Waiting List reflected our confidence in the strength of your application. At this time, however, we have received deposits from more applicants than we have seats available in the first year class. Consequently, we are unable to extend an offer of admission to you this year.

We appreciate your interest in our program and wish you success in your future endeavors.

GULCwaitlistPro

New

Post by GULCwaitlistPro » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:43 pm

chinajoe111 wrote:
Thank you, again, for your application to and continued interest in Georgetown Law. Your placement on the Preferred Waiting List reflected our confidence in the strength of your application. At this time, however, we have received deposits from more applicants than we have seats available in the first year class. Consequently, we are unable to extend an offer of admission to you this year.

We appreciate your interest in our program and wish you success in your future endeavors.
Damn, and you were one of the one's who received the "we'll turn to you first" email, correct? :? They must be incredibly tight on space this year.

barkerintokyo

New

Post by barkerintokyo » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:16 am

Are they sending this to everyone? I didn't get it yet... it seems insincere if they give this "too full" excuse to drop some and still admit some more off the wl in the next couple weeks. Maybe it's being sent out in batches.

StopLawying

Silver

Post by StopLawying » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:21 am

Maybe the people they rejected have similar stats like splitters, reverse splitters. They might have additional spots to offer but know they'll only be looking for a candidate with high LSAT, high GPA, URM status, etc. That's what I'd guess. The waves of ppl who get accepted off WL have been like that, where most of them have similar numbers.

chinajoe111

New

Post by chinajoe111 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:28 am

GULCwaitlistPro wrote:
chinajoe111 wrote:

Damn, and you were one of the one's who received the "we'll turn to you first" email, correct? :? They must be incredibly tight on space this year.

yaaa, it's definitely a bummer

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

godinacup

New

Post by godinacup » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:17 am

It's curtains from GULC for me as well. I'm disappointed, of course, but relieved to have finality in my plans now. Best of luck to all!

cjar819

New

Post by cjar819 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:40 am

From last year's thread, the whole excuse of having enough seat deposits doesn't actually mean they're done admitting students. They continued to admit students after sending that email.

turkeyncheese

New

Post by turkeyncheese » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:41 am

Has everyone who got a boot email in the past 2 days dropped from the PWL? If so, I'm guessing they just haven't sent out the emails yet to drop from Reg WL

GULCwaitlistPro

New

Post by GULCwaitlistPro » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:02 pm

cjar819 wrote:From last year's thread, the whole excuse of having enough seat deposits doesn't actually mean they're done admitting students. They continued to admit students after sending that email.
Certainly. I'd expect the people who have received phone calls to be admitted, at the very least. At this point, anything beyond that is a crapshoot

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

fazzvm56

Bronze

Post by fazzvm56 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:18 pm

turkeyncheese wrote:Has everyone who got a boot email in the past 2 days dropped from the PWL? If so, I'm guessing they just haven't sent out the emails yet to drop from Reg WL
I was reg wl and I got it.

BabyJD

New

Post by BabyJD » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:14 pm

fazzvm56 wrote:
turkeyncheese wrote:Has everyone who got a boot email in the past 2 days dropped from the PWL? If so, I'm guessing they just haven't sent out the emails yet to drop from Reg WL
I was reg wl and I got it.

I was a regular WLer as well.

Halfcooked

New

Post by Halfcooked » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:39 pm

chinajoe111 wrote:

Same here. +1 I am just glad they let me know. Best of luck to those remaining. I have to say, I have been very pleased with Georgetown's communication and diligence to communicate with people on the waitlists.

Hi-So - ArshavinFan

Bronze

Post by Hi-So - ArshavinFan » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:43 pm

StopLawying wrote:Maybe the people they rejected have similar stats like splitters, reverse splitters. They might have additional spots to offer but know they'll only be looking for a candidate with high LSAT, high GPA, URM status, etc. That's what I'd guess. The waves of ppl who get accepted off WL have been like that, where most of them have similar numbers.
They are NOT looking for URM's. Trust me on that.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

lawlawlawzz

New

Post by lawlawlawzz » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:43 pm

Hi-So - ArshavinFan wrote:
StopLawying wrote:Maybe the people they rejected have similar stats like splitters, reverse splitters. They might have additional spots to offer but know they'll only be looking for a candidate with high LSAT, high GPA, URM status, etc. That's what I'd guess. The waves of ppl who get accepted off WL have been like that, where most of them have similar numbers.
They are NOT looking for URM's. Trust me on that.

What makes you say that?

This is all a bit odd for those whom have yet to receive an email... Wonder if more ding waves are on the way for some of the rest of us.

app22

New

Post by app22 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:28 am

I haven't received the ding email that was sent out last week. Trying to figure out if the ding emails are coming in waves or those remaining might still have a chance. What do you guys think?

fakeuser123

New

Post by fakeuser123 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:40 am

app22 wrote:I haven't received the ding email that was sent out last week. Trying to figure out if the ding emails are coming in waves or those remaining might still have a chance. What do you guys think?
I think it means there is still a chance otherwise they wouldn't keep us on it. I didn't see this ding wave on last year's thread, so there's no comparison there. We can still hope though! After all, no ding yet is still better than a ding!

app22

New

Post by app22 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:59 am

fakeuser123 wrote:
app22 wrote:I haven't received the ding email that was sent out last week. Trying to figure out if the ding emails are coming in waves or those remaining might still have a chance. What do you guys think?
I think it means there is still a chance otherwise they wouldn't keep us on it. I didn't see this ding wave on last year's thread, so there's no comparison there. We can still hope though! After all, no ding yet is still better than a ding!

That's true! Hopefully they will give us some insight soon, as we are supposed to hear something "the week of July 5th."

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

butterfly333

New

Post by butterfly333 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:34 pm

Anyone still waiting to hear??
I have sent in 2 formal LOCI, 3 shorter emails reiterating my interest, and a new LOR. I was PWL too! I am at a loss right now. Oh GULC...

app22

New

Post by app22 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:41 am

butterfly333 wrote:Anyone still waiting to hear??
I have sent in 2 formal LOCI, 3 shorter emails reiterating my interest, and a new LOR. I was PWL too! I am at a loss right now. Oh GULC...

Haven't heard anything......

lawlife64

New

Post by lawlife64 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:09 am

I got a call a month ago but have still not been admitted. I emailed them two weeks ago for an update and was told they need to lose at least 12 people from their class before they can admit anyone else, but they are looking at possibly 10-20 more spots becoming available over the next two months. So it doesn't seem like there will be any more "waves" of people being admitted, but just a trickle here and there. I'm definitely a little frustrated cause from this forum it seems like people who got phone calls got admitted soon after, but I guess that's why they tell you don't believe everything you read online :(

GULCwaitlistPro

New

Post by GULCwaitlistPro » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:14 am

lawlife64 wrote:
I got a call a month ago but have still not been admitted. I emailed them two weeks ago for an update and was told they need to lose at least 12 people from their class before they can admit anyone else, but they are looking at possibly 10-20 more spots becoming available over the next two months. So it doesn't seem like there will be any more "waves" of people being admitted, but just a trickle here and there. I'm definitely a little frustrated cause from this forum it seems like people who got phone calls got admitted soon after, but I guess that's why they tell you don't believe everything you read online :(
Damn that's rough, but at least you got more solid information than anyone's probably had in weeks. Seems like the class was extremely acceptance-heavy this year.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

lawlife64

New

Post by lawlife64 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:25 am

GULCwaitlistPro wrote:
lawlife64 wrote:
Damn that's rough, but at least you got more solid information than anyone's probably had in weeks. Seems like the class was extremely acceptance-heavy this year.
Do you think it's plausible that at least 12 more people will get off of waitlists at higher ranked schools and decide to go between now and mid-August? The fact that they have such a large class size gives me a little bit of hope, but then who knows if I would even be considered in those 10 to 20 people they expect to admit

app22

New

Post by app22 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:06 am

Does anyone have any guess of how many people are still remaining on the waitlist?

Also, I think its going to be a slow trickle from here as people get off waitlists at higher ranked schools. For example, I'm on the Columbia reserve and I saw someone got accepted the other day and said they will be withdrawing from Georgetown to attend CLS.

GULCwaitlistPro

New

Post by GULCwaitlistPro » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:34 pm

lawlife64 wrote:
GULCwaitlistPro wrote:
lawlife64 wrote:
Do you think it's plausible that at least 12 more people will get off of waitlists at higher ranked schools and decide to go between now and mid-August? The fact that they have such a large class size gives me a little bit of hope, but then who knows if I would even be considered in those 10 to 20 people they expect to admit
Personally? I doubt it. But honestly, the time period between July and August is such a grey zone of unknowns. Any advice I could give at this point is totally moot. I would make sure you have solid contingencies in place (a school you're happy to go to with your living situation figured out, or retaking the LSAT), but it never hurts to ride out the wait-list - I just can't tell you your chances.

barkerintokyo

New

Post by barkerintokyo » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:58 pm

Dear xxxxxx,

I hope you're having a great summer so far. I wanted to send you another update on the waitlist situation at Georgetown. Not much has changed since our last update a few weeks ago and our class is still currently oversubscribed. We are still hopeful that a few spaces may become available between now and Registration in August.

As we have said before, you are in a group that we plan to turn to first if space becomes available, so we hope you're able to hang on a little bit longer. We promise to continue to keep you up to date on what's going on. We will check in with you again right after our July 31st tuition deadline, if you haven't heard from us before then.

If spaces do become available, the Committee will move quickly and, if admitted, the Committee will require you to withdraw your name from any other enrollment list to secure a seat at Georgetown. Let us know if you wish to remain in consideration and where Georgetown fits in with your plans at this point. Please respond to this email as soon as possible at lawadmis@georgetown.edu.

As always, we thank you for your patience with this process.

Best,
Andy

Andrew Cornblatt
Dean of Admissions
Georgetown Law
Email came 7/7. PWL.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”