Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 WAITLIST Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mahbesq

New

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 WAITLIST

Post by mahbesq » Tue May 09, 2017 3:26 pm

I'm confused...has anyone from the preferred wait list gotten admitted this week or last? Their email said we should hear back by Monday, May 9th (which doesn't exist :? ).

madethisforthelsat

New

Post by madethisforthelsat » Tue May 09, 2017 3:31 pm

I got the feeler and then accepted. Normal WL, there was no scholarship information in my email. Did anyone get money attached with their email? Will I get it at a later time or is there none for me?
Last edited by madethisforthelsat on Tue May 09, 2017 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mangomochi

New

Post by mangomochi » Tue May 09, 2017 3:35 pm

mahbesq wrote:I'm confused...has anyone from the preferred wait list gotten admitted this week or last? Their email said we should hear back by Monday, May 9th (which doesn't exist :? ).
FWIW the SPWL email just says "May 9th" not "Monday, May 9th" so I'd expect a mass update email for everyone by end of day today.

fazzvm56

Bronze

Post by fazzvm56 » Tue May 09, 2017 4:01 pm

madethisforthelsat wrote:I got the feeler and then accepted. Normal WL, there was no scholarship information in my email. Did anyone get money attached with their email? Will I get it at a later time or is there none for me?
Stats? How in touch have you been?

Eltreakol1234

New

Post by Eltreakol1234 » Tue May 09, 2017 5:22 pm

fazzvm56 wrote:
madethisforthelsat wrote:I got the feeler and then accepted. Normal WL, there was no scholarship information in my email. Did anyone get money attached with their email? Will I get it at a later time or is there none for me?
Stats? How in touch have you been?
I'm a reg WL and I had scholarship money in the email. So I'd assume if it's not in the email you didn't get any, by I could be wrong. Georgetown works in mysterious ways.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sfn91

Bronze

Post by sfn91 » Tue May 09, 2017 5:46 pm

Email says class is full and no news until later on, no later than June 7th.

mangomochi

New

Post by mangomochi » Tue May 09, 2017 5:51 pm

sfn91 wrote:Email says class is full and no news until later on, no later than June 7th.
My email says "deposits are quite strong," and it looks like they're using the exact same language as last year (when they continued to admit people even just a few days after this email) so I wouldn't read too much into it. #blindoptimism

str8shot122

New

Post by str8shot122 » Tue May 09, 2017 5:53 pm

Just got an update saying I'm on the preferred waitlist (was on spw) and that few offers will be made in the coming weeks. Just about to cut my losses. Congrats to everyone admitted. But it's a little frustrating when you fly across the country to visit, tell them you will attend, are told you will be first in line. I've been rejected by many schools and not even blinked - I thought I'd be rejected by Gtown. This gave me false hope. Again, I'm sincerely happy for everyone admitted. You deserve it!

StopLawying

Silver

Post by StopLawying » Tue May 09, 2017 5:53 pm

sfn91 wrote:Email says class is full and no news until later on, no later than June 7th.
Just got a preferred waitlist email update, you referring to the same thing? This isn't the feeler email, right? Only asking because this is the first time I've heard from Georgetown since being waitlisted.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

mangomochi

New

Post by mangomochi » Tue May 09, 2017 5:55 pm

Loving the fact that the email says, "Good morning" even though it was sent at 5:30PM EDT...

Mudori

New

Post by Mudori » Tue May 09, 2017 5:57 pm

mangomochi wrote:Loving the fact that the email says, "Good morning" even though it was sent at 5:30PM EDT...
My email, reg. WL.

"Dear X,

We have now had a chance to sort through our responses to our first tuition deposit deadline. As of today, the class is full and we anticipate making few, if any, new decisions for the next few weeks. We, of course, know that you may need to make other contingency plans and will do our best to let you know if there is any news or updates. We will be back in touch with you for sure no later than June 7th.

Thank you so much for your patience and your interest in Georgetown.

Best,
Andy

Andrew Cornblatt
Dean of Admissions"

haley12

Silver

Post by haley12 » Tue May 09, 2017 6:05 pm

Got a feeler call but no follow up and now this email... did I do something wrong? So confused :cry:

lilitiger99

Bronze

Post by lilitiger99 » Tue May 09, 2017 6:05 pm

Mudori wrote:
mangomochi wrote:Loving the fact that the email says, "Good morning" even though it was sent at 5:30PM EDT...
My email, reg. WL.

"Dear X,

We have now had a chance to sort through our responses to our first tuition deposit deadline. As of today, the class is full and we anticipate making few, if any, new decisions for the next few weeks. We, of course, know that you may need to make other contingency plans and will do our best to let you know if there is any news or updates. We will be back in touch with you for sure no later than June 7th.

Best,
Andy

Andrew Cornblatt
Dean of Admissions"

my coworker's email - Preferred WL (pls don't quote)

"Good evening from Georgetown. I'm writing to you today to give you an update on the Georgetown waiting list. As you know, you are on our preferred waiting list, which we typically look to first if spaces open up in the entering class.

As of today our deposits are quite strong, and we are planning to make few, if any, new decisions for the next few weeks. However, these things have a way of changing so it is always possible we will have room in the next few weeks.

If we do extend offers of admission, the Committee will be particularly interested in applicants who truly want to be at Georgetown and who will be able to commit in a short period of time. Please continue to keep in touch with us with your level of interest and any changes in your application through lawadmis@georgetown.edu.

If you don't hear from us earlier, the key date for us (and you) is June 1st when our second deposits are due. We will be back in touch by June 7th at the latest, if not before.

We look forward to hearing back from you and we thank you again for your continued interest in Georgetown and for your patience with our process.
"

doesn't have a TLS, but asked if anyone else has heard something similar today

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

charles117

Bronze

Post by charles117 » Tue May 09, 2017 6:06 pm

lilitiger99 wrote:
Mudori wrote:
My email, reg. WL.

"Dear X,

Best,
Andy

Andrew Cornblatt
Dean of Admissions"
+1

sorence

Bronze

Post by sorence » Tue May 09, 2017 6:07 pm

lilitiger99 wrote:doesn't have a TLS, but asked if anyone else has heard something similar today
I got the same exact email just a short time ago.

lilitiger99

Bronze

Post by lilitiger99 » Tue May 09, 2017 6:10 pm

sorence wrote:
lilitiger99 wrote:doesn't have a TLS, but asked if anyone else has heard something similar today
thanks y'all. Hang in there!

decoding: I guess it means what UVA's email meant? Maybe they're letting a few more, but that might change given other WL movement?

mangomochi

New

Post by mangomochi » Tue May 09, 2017 6:10 pm

lilitiger99 wrote:
Mudori wrote:
My email, reg. WL.

"Dear X,

Best,
Andy

Andrew Cornblatt
Dean of Admissions"

my coworker's email - Preferred WL (pls don't quote)

"Good evening from Georgetown. I'm writing to you today to give you an update on the Georgetown waiting list. As you know, you are on our preferred waiting list, which we typically look to first if spaces open up in the entering class.

As of today our deposits are quite strong, and we are planning to make few, if any, new decisions for the next few weeks. However, these things have a way of changing so it is always possible we will have room in the next few weeks.

If we do extend offers of admission, the Committee will be particularly interested in applicants who truly want to be at Georgetown and who will be able to commit in a short period of time. Please continue to keep in touch with us with your level of interest and any changes in your application through lawadmis@georgetown.edu.

If you don't hear from us earlier, the key date for us (and you) is June 1st when our second deposits are due. We will be back in touch by June 7th at the latest, if not before.

We look forward to hearing back from you and we thank you again for your continued interest in Georgetown and for your patience with our process.
"

doesn't have a TLS, but asked if anyone else has heard something similar today
This is the one I got. I'm on the SPWL so that's probably why it's a tad different re the greeting and email address (even though it only says "Preferred" in it.)

"Good morning from Georgetown. I'm writing to you today to give you an update on the Georgetown waiting list. As you know, you are on our preferred waiting list, which we typically look to first if spaces open up in the entering class.

If we do extend offers of admission, the Committee will be particularly interested in applicants who truly want to be at Georgetown and who will be able to commit in a short period of time. Please continue to keep in touch with us with your level of interest and any changes in your application through lawwaitlist@georgetown.edu.

We look forward to hearing back from you and we thank you again for your continued interest in Georgetown and for your patience with our process."

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

lilitiger99

Bronze

Post by lilitiger99 » Tue May 09, 2017 6:14 pm

also - something that might be helpful - I personally know of someone who applied last year, WL until AUGUST and then accepted into PT program, and then eventually transferred into full time.

mangomochi

New

Post by mangomochi » Tue May 09, 2017 6:14 pm

lilitiger99 wrote:
sorence wrote:

decoding: I guess it means what UVA's email meant? Maybe they're letting a few more, but that might change given other WL movement?
Since it's the same as last year I'm going to assume it really doesn't mean much and it's just them letting us know when their second deposit is. I strongly doubt the GT class is actually full. I had the impression that the UVA email was quite a departure from what we've seen in previous years (does anybody know? I haven't been stalking the UVA threads) so that one might be more significant.

Mudori

New

Post by Mudori » Tue May 09, 2017 6:16 pm

mangomochi wrote:
lilitiger99 wrote:
sorence wrote:

Since it's the same as last year I'm going to assume it really doesn't mean much and it's just them letting us know when their second deposit is. I strongly doubt the GT class is actually full. I had the impression that the UVA email was quite a departure from what we've seen in previous years (does anybody know? I haven't been stalking the UVA threads) so that one might be more significant.
Anyone want to do the honors and go dive into last year's thread?

eleg

New

Post by eleg » Tue May 09, 2017 6:19 pm

I got the same PWL email, and I'm pretty bummed. I'm also a bit confused. I spoke to someone who was recently admitted from the waitlist, and he said that the admissions officer he spoke to on the phone said that there were a lot of open seats (although this could be an exaggeration I guess). Someone also said that the there were only around 400 people in the Facebook group. That being said, this number isn't entirely representative of admitted people, but it did give me some false hope :(

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Hi-So - ArshavinFan

Bronze

Post by Hi-So - ArshavinFan » Tue May 09, 2017 6:39 pm

haley12 wrote:Got a feeler call but no follow up and now this email... did I do something wrong? So confused :cry:
No you didn't - i have a friend who is on PWL who got the same thing.

mangomochi

New

Post by mangomochi » Tue May 09, 2017 7:18 pm

haley12 wrote:Got a feeler call but no follow up and now this email... did I do something wrong? So confused :cry:
Saw somebody on last year's thread who was in the same position as us and was then admitted two days after this email. THERE IS HOPE

fazzvm56

Bronze

Post by fazzvm56 » Tue May 09, 2017 8:09 pm

I'm assuming they're saying right now they feel full, but May is a month for huge movement. People who get into their dream t14 off a waitlist this month will withdraw and that opens up another seat.

I'm just curious how big their WL pool is, because there have only been a few WL/Admits (and no WL/denies but I'm assuming they have no incentive to deny at this point) on LSN.

haley12

Silver

Post by haley12 » Tue May 09, 2017 9:23 pm

mangomochi wrote:
Saw somebody on last year's thread who was in the same position as us and was then admitted two days after this email. THERE IS HOPE
so good to know!! I'm going to go look now :) Thank you!!!!!!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”