Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 WAITLIST Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
melmelcoolj

Bronze

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 WAITLIST

Post by melmelcoolj » Tue May 09, 2017 9:31 pm

They sent out an email today telling me that their class is full, and they don't expect to pull many off the waitlist in the coming weeks. But apparently people are getting admitted left and right on this thread. I was tempted to respond with a "lol, yeah, right." Tempted to withdraw from G-town, but I guess I will wait for a few weeks.

Georgetown2020

New

Post by Georgetown2020 » Tue May 09, 2017 10:48 pm

mahbesq wrote:I'm confused...has anyone from the preferred wait list gotten admitted this week or last? Their email said we should hear back by Monday, May 9th (which doesn't exist :? ).
I was on the preferred waitlist and got the email on Monday.
(For the record- I sent three LOCI and visited on the April visit day)

jhc14

New

Post by jhc14 » Tue May 09, 2017 11:36 pm

eleg wrote:I got the same PWL email, and I'm pretty bummed. I'm also a bit confused. I spoke to someone who was recently admitted from the waitlist, and he said that the admissions officer he spoke to on the phone said that there were a lot of open seats (although this could be an exaggeration I guess). Someone also said that the there were only around 400 people in the Facebook group. That being said, this number isn't entirely representative of admitted people, but it did give me some false hope :(
I had a feeler phone call last Wednesday and they said there were about 20 spots left that they were trying to fill. But I don't know how exact that number was.

EDIT: They also said they were expecting to make a few offers over the week or two as well.

eleg

New

Post by eleg » Wed May 10, 2017 12:04 am

jhc14 wrote:
eleg wrote:I got the same PWL email, and I'm pretty bummed. I'm also a bit confused. I spoke to someone who was recently admitted from the waitlist, and he said that the admissions officer he spoke to on the phone said that there were a lot of open seats (although this could be an exaggeration I guess). Someone also said that the there were only around 400 people in the Facebook group. That being said, this number isn't entirely representative of admitted people, but it did give me some false hope :(
I had a feeler phone call last Wednesday and they said there were about 20 spots left that they were trying to fill. But I don't know how exact that number was.

EDIT: They also said they were expecting to make a few offers over the week or two as well.
Ah okay thank you for the clarification. It seems like they could have very easily filled 20 seats within the course of a week :/

Eltreakol1234

New

Post by Eltreakol1234 » Wed May 10, 2017 8:31 am

eleg wrote:
jhc14 wrote:

Ah okay thank you for the clarification. It seems like they could have very easily filled 20 seats within the course of a week :/
During my feeler call he told me they were looking at 20 of us to fill open seats and he made a point of emphasizing how optimistic he was that I would get in. Being a reg WL and with a median lsat and GPA below median I assumed I would be bottom of that pile of 20. So I assumed that there were actually 20 open seats. But it seems like there were more like 10 open seats and maybe they went first for those who indicated most strongly that they would go? I can't think of any other reason for why I would have been accepted but not some others I spoke to last week with more favourable stats imo.

On the bright side, the FB group is at 435, which includes admins and 1Ls who give advice or looking for roommates so unless gtown is drastically dropping their class size which is highly unlikely, there are still seats (even taking into account that not everyone who is in joins the page).

Also Spivey said (I think) that there would be a lot of WL movement this cycle because of fewer amount of elite LSAT scores going around. So once HYSCCN starts picking from WLs I'd expect much more movement from gtown.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Stylnator

Silver

Post by Stylnator » Wed May 10, 2017 10:03 am

do i really have to send in a 3rd LOCI? I would think by now they know exactly how much I'd like to attend..

butterfly333

New

Post by butterfly333 » Wed May 10, 2017 10:53 am

Stylnator wrote:do i really have to send in a 3rd LOCI? I would think by now they know exactly how much I'd like to attend..
This is how I feel too. It almost makes me mad!

patttt

Silver

Post by patttt » Wed May 10, 2017 3:33 pm

Successfully negotiated the scholarship they offered me a few days ago when they admitted me off the SPWL and, as promised, just committed. This was a cycle from hell, at least for me, and I'm so happy that it's finally over. I wish you all the best of luck!

Ashcashbgash

New

Post by Ashcashbgash » Wed May 10, 2017 3:48 pm

patttt wrote:Successfully negotiated the scholarship they offered me a few days ago when they admitted me off the SPWL and, as promised, just committed. This was a cycle from hell, at least for me, and I'm so happy that it's finally over. I wish you all the best of luck!
Can you please disclose the tactics you used to negotiate your WL offer? Also, what is the SP Waitlist?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

patttt

Silver

Post by patttt » Wed May 10, 2017 3:54 pm

Ashcashbgash wrote:
patttt wrote:Successfully negotiated the scholarship they offered me a few days ago when they admitted me off the SPWL and, as promised, just committed. This was a cycle from hell, at least for me, and I'm so happy that it's finally over. I wish you all the best of luck!
Can you please disclose the tactics you used to negotiate your WL offer? Also, what is the SP Waitlist?
I did everything that people on this forum tell you not to do. SP means special preferred

baseballfan660

Bronze

Post by baseballfan660 » Wed May 10, 2017 4:05 pm

patttt wrote:
Ashcashbgash wrote:
I did everything that people on this forum tell you not to do. SP means special preferred
congrats, care to expand on that, either on here or PM?

Ashcashbgash

New

Post by Ashcashbgash » Wed May 10, 2017 4:36 pm

baseballfan660 wrote:
patttt wrote:
Ashcashbgash wrote:
I would also like to know!
(Original asker)

lawlawlawzz

New

Post by lawlawlawzz » Wed May 10, 2017 4:59 pm

I hardly even know what to put in a second or third LOCI if I committed pretty solidly in the first. Those of you who've sent a second or third, any suggestions?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

haley12

Silver

Post by haley12 » Wed May 10, 2017 5:50 pm

Ashcashbgash wrote:
baseballfan660 wrote:
patttt wrote:
Ashcashbgash wrote:
(Original asker)
+1

haley12

Silver

Post by haley12 » Wed May 10, 2017 5:50 pm

lawlawlawzz wrote:I hardly even know what to put in a second or third LOCI if I committed pretty solidly in the first. Those of you who've sent a second or third, any suggestions?
I just did #3 about my final grades/ transcript update

josh613

New

Post by josh613 » Wed May 10, 2017 7:03 pm

I was just accepted off the waitlist and was wondering what type of tactics you used. Can you please pm me?

spchwrtr

New

Post by spchwrtr » Wed May 10, 2017 7:05 pm

Accepted off Preferred Waitlist.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

eleg

New

Post by eleg » Wed May 10, 2017 7:07 pm

spchwrtr wrote:Accepted off Preferred Waitlist.
did you still get that email from yesterday indicating that the waitlist was mostly full?

Motion22Step

New

Post by Motion22Step » Wed May 10, 2017 7:12 pm

haley12 wrote:
Ashcashbgash wrote:
baseballfan660 wrote:
patttt wrote:
Ashcashbgash wrote:
(Original asker)
+1
Same here, please :)

josh613

New

Post by josh613 » Wed May 10, 2017 7:16 pm

eleg wrote:
did you still get that email from yesterday indicating that the waitlist was mostly full?
I was just accepted and did not receive that email.

zyxbhsf

New

Post by zyxbhsf » Wed May 10, 2017 8:15 pm

Did you find out through ASW or email/mail?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

josh613

New

Post by josh613 » Wed May 10, 2017 9:11 pm

mhassan72 wrote:
x1aolin wrote:In off SPW, 15k/year. Today is my birthday, feel so blessed.
Pm stats and when did you hear from them
+1

charles117

Bronze

Post by charles117 » Wed May 10, 2017 9:36 pm

josh613 wrote:
mhassan72 wrote:
x1aolin wrote:In off SPW, 15k/year. Today is my birthday, feel so blessed.
Pm stats and when did you hear from them
+1
+2

patttt

Silver

Post by patttt » Wed May 10, 2017 10:42 pm

Motion22Step wrote:
haley12 wrote:
Ashcashbgash wrote:
baseballfan660 wrote:
patttt wrote:
Ashcashbgash wrote:
(Original asker)
+1
Same here, please :)
PM'd

Talley

New

Post by Talley » Thu May 11, 2017 2:36 am

:o
Last edited by Talley on Wed May 17, 2017 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”