Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 WAITLIST Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ykstll

New

Re: Georgetown Law School c/o 2020 WAITLIST

Post by ykstll » Wed May 03, 2017 12:14 pm

Out of curiousity, did those that receive the feeler calls today send in a LOCI?

Eltreakol1234

New

Post by Eltreakol1234 » Wed May 03, 2017 12:18 pm

dclaw93 wrote:Anyone else who never even got a response to their LOCI?

Maybe it's because I sent mine in on the weekend but it's been 3 days now and I never got a response confirming they even got it.
I never got a confirmation that they received mine and just got a request for a feeler call

dclaw93

Bronze

Post by dclaw93 » Wed May 03, 2017 12:19 pm

Eltreakol1234 wrote:

Maybe it's because I sent mine in on the weekend but it's been 3 days now and I never got a response confirming they even got it.
I never got a confirmation that they received mine and just got a request for a feeler call
Good to know, thanks!

Eltreakol1234

New

Post by Eltreakol1234 » Wed May 03, 2017 12:20 pm

ykstll wrote:Out of curiousity, did those that receive the feeler calls today send in a LOCI?
Yep, but never got any confirmation so I have no idea if they received it.

adc20

New

Post by adc20 » Wed May 03, 2017 12:23 pm

I would check in with them by Friday... I think they might be slammed now but usually they've gotten back to me within two days...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sorence

Bronze

Post by sorence » Wed May 03, 2017 12:29 pm

For those who got the feeler calls today- anyone on the west coast? I keep telling myself that it's not my stats, it's my timezone..

str8shot122

New

Post by str8shot122 » Wed May 03, 2017 12:36 pm

sorence wrote:For those who got the feeler calls today- anyone on the west coast? I keep telling myself that it's not my stats, it's my timezone..
SPW here west coast. No phone call. But I also have terrible numbers i.e. "no splitter"

butterfly333

New

Post by butterfly333 » Wed May 03, 2017 12:39 pm

I never got one and I sent it two weeks ago. I finally emailed on Friday and they said they had it and my new LOR. UGH!

haley12

Silver

Post by haley12 » Wed May 03, 2017 1:08 pm

ykstll wrote:Out of curiousity, did those that receive the feeler calls today send in a LOCI?
yup! and I'm east coast fyi
Last edited by haley12 on Wed May 03, 2017 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

brownbird

New

Post by brownbird » Wed May 03, 2017 1:09 pm

sorence wrote:For those who got the feeler calls today- anyone on the west coast? I keep telling myself that it's not my stats, it's my timezone..
I'm on west coast and haven't heard anything. I'm on preferred waitlist but have low-ish numbers for gulc, but I'm urm so I'm hoping that gives me a chance. I told them in my loci (which they responded to a few days later to say they added it to my file) that I would definitely matriculate so I'm not sure what to expect. Georgetown is my dream and this silence is killing me.

sorence

Bronze

Post by sorence » Wed May 03, 2017 1:15 pm

Thanks for the input everyone! I'm PW, west coast, super splitter. I'd probably only go with $$ bc UCLA is a great local option for me, but I'm still extremely interested in GULC because my partner might be headed to GW med. It's a strange line I'm toeing and I'm not sure how I'd even handle a feeler call.

ykstll

New

Post by ykstll » Wed May 03, 2017 1:31 pm

sorence wrote:Thanks for the input everyone! I'm PW, west coast, super splitter. I'd probably only go with $$ bc UCLA is a great local option for me, but I'm still extremely interested in GULC because my partner might be headed to GW med. It's a strange line I'm toeing and I'm not sure how I'd even handle a feeler call.
If I were you, I would make sure that Georgetown knows that your partner has a very strong chance (I may even adopt an affirmative tone) of ending up at GW med. This can be done either in the feeler call or LOCI (or both). I've seen numerous times where waitlist and even rejected applicants mentioned the importance of location/that particular school because of their partner/spouse/etc and subsequently been accepted.

sorence

Bronze

Post by sorence » Wed May 03, 2017 1:35 pm

ykstll wrote:
sorence wrote:Thanks for the input everyone! I'm PW, west coast, super splitter. I'd probably only go with $$ bc UCLA is a great local option for me, but I'm still extremely interested in GULC because my partner might be headed to GW med. It's a strange line I'm toeing and I'm not sure how I'd even handle a feeler call.
If I were you, I would make sure that Georgetown knows that your partner has a very strong chance (I may even adopt an affirmative tone) of ending up at GW med. This can be done either in the feeler call or LOCI (or both). I've seen numerous times where waitlist and even rejected applicants mentioned the importance of location/that particular school because of their partner/spouse/etc and subsequently been accepted.
I appreciate the advice! I already mentioned it once back in December in passing during ym alumni interview, but it wouldn't hurt to get it on record with the office. Thanks!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

mangomochi

New

Post by mangomochi » Wed May 03, 2017 2:18 pm

Eltreakol1234 wrote:Regular W/L here. Just got an email from assistant dean of admissions asking to speak today. Did anyone else get this? I'd assume this is good news for me? To be honest I'm surprised to hear have heard anything at this point because I'm regular W/L.

EDIT: I live in Canada so maybe that's why the email instead of a direct call which others seem to be getting?
Special preferred here and got a similar email. I'm dealing with a big time difference though, so I guess they're probably touching base before they call the internationals/inconvenient-time-zone applicants. Assuming they do follow through and call us, I'd say it's definitely good news.

The_Gavel

New

Post by The_Gavel » Wed May 03, 2017 3:28 pm

Seems like most of the folks who got feelers today are high LSAT candidates, maybe splitters?

Eltreakol1234

New

Post by Eltreakol1234 » Wed May 03, 2017 3:30 pm

I did. Actually on the phone he explicitly thanked me for my loci. I'm a regular w/l, so maybe my loci pushed me into the group of people right now who are being considered for admission off the w/l

Eltreakol1234

New

Post by Eltreakol1234 » Wed May 03, 2017 3:33 pm

The_Gavel wrote:Seems like most of the folks who got feelers today are high LSAT candidates, maybe splitters?
Yeah you seem to be right. Maybe they are looking to boost their median LSAT

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

pantsuitchic

New

Post by pantsuitchic » Wed May 03, 2017 3:33 pm

Those that have gotten feeler calls/emails - did you send an LOCI before the general feeler email of April 24?

Eltreakol1234

New

Post by Eltreakol1234 » Wed May 03, 2017 3:35 pm

pantsuitchic wrote:Those that have gotten feeler calls/emails - did you send an LOCI before the general feeler email of April 24?
Yep sent it around the 17th of April.

mangomochi

New

Post by mangomochi » Wed May 03, 2017 3:38 pm

pantsuitchic wrote:Those that have gotten feeler calls/emails - did you send an LOCI before the general feeler email of April 24?
Yeah I sent one back in March about a month after being waitlisted.

pantsuitchic

New

Post by pantsuitchic » Wed May 03, 2017 3:39 pm

mangomochi wrote:
Yeah I sent one back in March about a month after being waitlisted.
Hm... I'm now really regretting my radio silence on them since being waitlisted whenever the hell it was. I sent an LOCI today.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

mangomochi

New

Post by mangomochi » Wed May 03, 2017 4:09 pm

Got the call. He said they're still going through deposits but it's "pretty clear" that there are open seats in the class. Said they're looking at about 20 people right now and we should hear hopefully by Monday.

EDIT: He didn't ask me about money...wonder what that means...

StopLawying

Silver

Post by StopLawying » Wed May 03, 2017 4:18 pm

mangomochi wrote:Got the call. He said they're still going through deposits but it's "pretty clear" that there are open seats in the class. Said they're looking at about 20 people right now and we should hear hopefully by Monday.

Are you a splitter?

Eltreakol1234

New

Post by Eltreakol1234 » Wed May 03, 2017 4:27 pm

StopLawying wrote:
mangomochi wrote:Got the call. He said they're still going through deposits but it's "pretty clear" that there are open seats in the class. Said they're looking at about 20 people right now and we should hear hopefully by Monday.

Are you a splitter?
I got the exact same call with the same wording. He told me there were small scholarships (10-20k/ year) available but not guaranteed. It seems like there are two calls going around, one where they basically are like "how much do you need to come here" and the other (which I got) is "would you come for sticker/ small scholarship"

zyxbhsf

New

Post by zyxbhsf » Wed May 03, 2017 4:31 pm

Eltreakol1234 wrote:
StopLawying wrote:

Are you a splitter?
I got the exact same call with the same wording. He told me there were small scholarships (10-20k/ year) available but not guaranteed. It seems like there are two calls going around, one where they basically are like "how much do you need to come here" and the other (which I got) is "would you come for sticker/ small scholarship"
Could those who were called tell me what do they mean by "we should hear by Monday"? They're going to give offers and reject the rest who weren't called? Thanks!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”