Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Nightwing
Posts: 278
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:44 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby Nightwing » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:19 pm

I'm on here too. Nearly everyone on LSN this cycle with my GPA and LSAT range seem to on Penn's WL (whereas acceptance rates are much higher with the same GPA and a lower LSAT). The YP is insanely strong in this one.

Please love me UPenn.

melmelcoolj
Posts: 278
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:43 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby melmelcoolj » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:26 pm

I guess I will have to ride this out to the end, since I have no other acceptances in the T13. Even though the stats are not looking too pretty at this point. 5% acceptance rate?

User avatar
Nightwing
Posts: 278
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:44 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby Nightwing » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:27 pm

melmelcoolj wrote:I guess I will have to ride this out to the end, since I have no other acceptances in the T13. Even though the stats are not looking too pretty at this point. 5% acceptance rate?


You and I are best friends now.

melmelcoolj
Posts: 278
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:43 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby melmelcoolj » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:30 pm

Nightwing wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:I guess I will have to ride this out to the end, since I have no other acceptances in the T13. Even though the stats are not looking too pretty at this point. 5% acceptance rate?


You and I are best friends now.


Sobs silently. The cycle seems to be really rough for splitters. I still haven't heard back at all from Columbia, NYU and NU. But I guess they are all dings/WLs right now. I am praying on NU pitying me.

User avatar
Nightwing
Posts: 278
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:44 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby Nightwing » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:37 pm

melmelcoolj wrote:Sobs silently. The cycle seems to be really rough for splitters. I still haven't heard back at all from Columbia, NYU and NU. But I guess they are all dings/WLs right now. I am praying on NU pitying me.


We should be strong in the running for WL acceptances though. As everyone knows, this cycle had a massive drop in >170 LSAT scores. If you and I and all the rest of us heavily WL'd splitters don't hear back from somewhere this summer, then the T13 have inexplicably and unanimously given up on chasing LSAT scores. Which obviously makes no sense... I hope.

User avatar
haley12
Posts: 481
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:37 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby haley12 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:47 pm

Nightwing wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:Sobs silently. The cycle seems to be really rough for splitters. I still haven't heard back at all from Columbia, NYU and NU. But I guess they are all dings/WLs right now. I am praying on NU pitying me.


We should be strong in the running for WL acceptances though. As everyone knows, this cycle had a massive drop in >170 LSAT scores. If you and I and all the rest of us heavily WL'd splitters don't hear back from somewhere this summer, then the T13 have inexplicably and unanimously given up on chasing LSAT scores. Which obviously makes no sense... I hope.


This theory is what's getting me through this summer^^

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:24 pm

haley12 wrote:
Nightwing wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:Sobs silently. The cycle seems to be really rough for splitters. I still haven't heard back at all from Columbia, NYU and NU. But I guess they are all dings/WLs right now. I am praying on NU pitying me.


We should be strong in the running for WL acceptances though. As everyone knows, this cycle had a massive drop in >170 LSAT scores. If you and I and all the rest of us heavily WL'd splitters don't hear back from somewhere this summer, then the T13 have inexplicably and unanimously given up on chasing LSAT scores. Which obviously makes no sense... I hope.


This theory is what's getting me through this summer^^


Welp. I'm happy for you guys, don't get me wrong, but I know this theory means I'm screwed as a high gpa/low LSAT gurl. :(

User avatar
Nightwing
Posts: 278
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:44 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby Nightwing » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:12 pm

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:Welp. I'm happy for you guys, don't get me wrong, but I know this theory means I'm screwed as a high gpa/low LSAT gurl. :(


But Northwestern with $... nothing to be unhappy with and substantially better than what I, melmelcoolj, and arguably haley12 got (and some other unfortunate splitters on reddit reporting only T13 waitlists). I crushed the LSAT and all I got was this lousy and desperate theory. :P

melmelcoolj
Posts: 278
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:43 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby melmelcoolj » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:24 am

Nightwing wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:Sobs silently. The cycle seems to be really rough for splitters. I still haven't heard back at all from Columbia, NYU and NU. But I guess they are all dings/WLs right now. I am praying on NU pitying me.


We should be strong in the running for WL acceptances though. As everyone knows, this cycle had a massive drop in >170 LSAT scores. If you and I and all the rest of us heavily WL'd splitters don't hear back from somewhere this summer, then the T13 have inexplicably and unanimously given up on chasing LSAT scores. Which obviously makes no sense... I hope.


I hope so. I hope I can snatch one of the T13s over the summer, or I might have to retake college. I think the lesson is not to be a splitter and apply really late in Feb.

melmelcoolj
Posts: 278
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:43 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby melmelcoolj » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:25 am

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:
haley12 wrote:
Nightwing wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:Sobs silently. The cycle seems to be really rough for splitters. I still haven't heard back at all from Columbia, NYU and NU. But I guess they are all dings/WLs right now. I am praying on NU pitying me.


We should be strong in the running for WL acceptances though. As everyone knows, this cycle had a massive drop in >170 LSAT scores. If you and I and all the rest of us heavily WL'd splitters don't hear back from somewhere this summer, then the T13 have inexplicably and unanimously given up on chasing LSAT scores. Which obviously makes no sense... I hope.


This theory is what's getting me through this summer^^


Welp. I'm happy for you guys, don't get me wrong, but I know this theory means I'm screwed as a high gpa/low LSAT gurl. :(


I would not call "NU with money" screwed. Let's trade places. (smirk)

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:29 am

melmelcoolj wrote:
SybillAnnDorsett wrote:
haley12 wrote:
Nightwing wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:Sobs silently. The cycle seems to be really rough for splitters. I still haven't heard back at all from Columbia, NYU and NU. But I guess they are all dings/WLs right now. I am praying on NU pitying me.


We should be strong in the running for WL acceptances though. As everyone knows, this cycle had a massive drop in >170 LSAT scores. If you and I and all the rest of us heavily WL'd splitters don't hear back from somewhere this summer, then the T13 have inexplicably and unanimously given up on chasing LSAT scores. Which obviously makes no sense... I hope.


This theory is what's getting me through this summer^^


Welp. I'm happy for you guys, don't get me wrong, but I know this theory means I'm screwed as a high gpa/low LSAT gurl. :(


I would not call "NU with money" screwed. Let's trade places. (smirk)


Screwed for the WL, yes. But you're right - perspective! I just have a few reasons beyond the professional for wanting to be in the PA/NYC area but it is what it is. I'm rooting for you guys, seriously.

User avatar
Purple Post It Note
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:34 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby Purple Post It Note » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:29 pm

Nightwing wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:Sobs silently. The cycle seems to be really rough for splitters. I still haven't heard back at all from Columbia, NYU and NU. But I guess they are all dings/WLs right now. I am praying on NU pitying me.


We should be strong in the running for WL acceptances though. As everyone knows, this cycle had a massive drop in >170 LSAT scores. If you and I and all the rest of us heavily WL'd splitters don't hear back from somewhere this summer, then the T13 have inexplicably and unanimously given up on chasing LSAT scores. Which obviously makes no sense... I hope.


I saw that there was an increase in the number of people with exactly 170s... as a splitter with that score, I don't know how I feel. :roll:

User avatar
Purple Post It Note
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:34 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby Purple Post It Note » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:31 pm

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:
SybillAnnDorsett wrote:
haley12 wrote:
Nightwing wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:Sobs silently. The cycle seems to be really rough for splitters. I still haven't heard back at all from Columbia, NYU and NU. But I guess they are all dings/WLs right now. I am praying on NU pitying me.


We should be strong in the running for WL acceptances though. As everyone knows, this cycle had a massive drop in >170 LSAT scores. If you and I and all the rest of us heavily WL'd splitters don't hear back from somewhere this summer, then the T13 have inexplicably and unanimously given up on chasing LSAT scores. Which obviously makes no sense... I hope.


This theory is what's getting me through this summer^^


Welp. I'm happy for you guys, don't get me wrong, but I know this theory means I'm screwed as a high gpa/low LSAT gurl. :(


I would not call "NU with money" screwed. Let's trade places. (smirk)


Screwed for the WL, yes. But you're right - perspective! I just have a few reasons beyond the professional for wanting to be in the PA/NYC area but it is what it is. I'm rooting for you guys, seriously.


I too wish to be in the PA/NYC area for personal reasons. But as it stands, I will most likely end up in Charlottesville. Fingers crossed fellow WLer.

User avatar
Nightwing
Posts: 278
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:44 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby Nightwing » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:35 pm

Purple Post It Note wrote:
Nightwing wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:Sobs silently. The cycle seems to be really rough for splitters. I still haven't heard back at all from Columbia, NYU and NU. But I guess they are all dings/WLs right now. I am praying on NU pitying me.


We should be strong in the running for WL acceptances though. As everyone knows, this cycle had a massive drop in >170 LSAT scores. If you and I and all the rest of us heavily WL'd splitters don't hear back from somewhere this summer, then the T13 have inexplicably and unanimously given up on chasing LSAT scores. Which obviously makes no sense... I hope.


I saw that there was an increase in the number of people with exactly 170s... as a splitter with that score, I don't know how I feel. :roll:


That 170 increase seemed to scale proportionally with the 169 decrease this year. And the >170 scores are still drastically down on top of that. I'd say though you're less likely to initially stick out with a 170 this cycle, the drop in the 169 scores balances things out and the drop in the >170 scores makes the 170 more desirable than usual.

User avatar
34iplaw
Posts: 3190
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 2:55 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby 34iplaw » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:37 pm

Purple Post It Note wrote:
Nightwing wrote:
melmelcoolj wrote:Sobs silently. The cycle seems to be really rough for splitters. I still haven't heard back at all from Columbia, NYU and NU. But I guess they are all dings/WLs right now. I am praying on NU pitying me.


We should be strong in the running for WL acceptances though. As everyone knows, this cycle had a massive drop in >170 LSAT scores. If you and I and all the rest of us heavily WL'd splitters don't hear back from somewhere this summer, then the T13 have inexplicably and unanimously given up on chasing LSAT scores. Which obviously makes no sense... I hope.


I saw that there was an increase in the number of people with exactly 170s... as a splitter with that score, I don't know how I feel. :roll:


There was, but I don't think it was enough to compensate for the drops of 171+. It definitely wasn't enough to compensate for the obliteration of 165-169 scorers (even just 169 I think) which still constitute a large number of people at 6-14.

haley12 wrote:Checking in! Splitter. How does visiting factor in to the waitlist? Do you just show up and make up some questions or whats the deal with that?


Don't quote spoiler please.
[+] Spoiler
I visited a week ago to pre-emptively strike. Based on my visit, I can't imagine that it could beyond giving you writing material. I'm happy that I visited, but the LS office didn't even bother to have me sign in or didn't really seem to jot anything down after sticking around awhile to talk to them. If you are at all interested in an MBA or another dual degree, I recommend scheduling a time to check out that program as well. Visiting the LS is a fairly short endeavor from my experience. I don't think you can sit in on classes there. You can sit in on a class at Wharton (I did) and the event at The Armory is pretty fun and there are at least a few JD/MBAs that are there with some frequency.

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:54 am

I'm not sure if anyone noticed, but according to Penn's Waitlist FAQ just a few months ago, and according to last year's TLS, waitlisted applicants could begin to request that non-interview interview/meetings at the school beginning May 1st.

It seems they've changed their minds and the new date to begin requesting these non-interview meetings is May 15th.

hbdash
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:55 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby hbdash » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:04 pm

How exactly has Penn handled the waitlist the past few years? Past years threads are a bit confusing- do they send any sort of feeler email before the May 1st deposit deadline or only afterwards?

The_Gavel
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:41 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby The_Gavel » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:10 pm

I'm curious, did you all treat the option to submit a two page essay on a topic of your choice as a loci or did anyone submit an essay on a different topic?

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:07 pm

It is so difficult to watch people in the accepted student thread beg for someone to sell them on Penn.
Like c'mon, sis. Do us all a favor and withdraw if you need thesis level research done for you to convince you to attend.

User avatar
haley12
Posts: 481
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:37 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby haley12 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:12 pm

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:It is so difficult to watch people in the accepted student thread beg for someone to sell them on Penn.
Like c'mon, sis. Do us all a favor and withdraw if you need thesis level research done for you to convince you to attend.


you get me

User avatar
SybillAnnDorsett
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:13 pm

haley12 wrote:
SybillAnnDorsett wrote:It is so difficult to watch people in the accepted student thread beg for someone to sell them on Penn.
Like c'mon, sis. Do us all a favor and withdraw if you need thesis level research done for you to convince you to attend.


you get me


it's just absurd to me. if you really aren't sold and really do want someone else to give you reasons (which is in itself the dumbest thing I've ever heard) then at least keep that shit to yourself. you're airing it out on a thread for what?

category is: attention seekers.

User avatar
jazzybean
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:45 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby jazzybean » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:18 pm

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:
haley12 wrote:
SybillAnnDorsett wrote:It is so difficult to watch people in the accepted student thread beg for someone to sell them on Penn.
Like c'mon, sis. Do us all a favor and withdraw if you need thesis level research done for you to convince you to attend.


you get me


it's just absurd to me. if you really aren't sold and really do want someone else to give you reasons (which is in itself the dumbest thing I've ever heard) then at least keep that shit to yourself. you're airing it out on a thread for what?

category is: attention seekers.


Tbh I'm accepted and not sold (although I haven't posted about it), but will be withdrawing today :D Good luck!

User avatar
haley12
Posts: 481
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:37 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby haley12 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:19 pm

jazzybean wrote:Tbh I'm accepted and not sold (although I haven't posted about it), but and will be withdrawing today :D Good luck!


Thanks from everyone waiting! Much appreciated. Where are you headed?

User avatar
jazzybean
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:45 pm

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby jazzybean » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:20 pm

haley12 wrote:
jazzybean wrote:Tbh I'm accepted and not sold (although I haven't posted about it), but and will be withdrawing today :D Good luck!


Thanks from everyone waiting! Much appreciated. Where are you headed?


Not exactly sure - probably depositing at Northwestern but I'm also part of the NYU waiting crew :(

User avatar
haley12
Posts: 481
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:37 am

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Postby haley12 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:22 pm

jazzybean wrote:
haley12 wrote:
jazzybean wrote:Tbh I'm accepted and not sold (although I haven't posted about it), but and will be withdrawing today :D Good luck!


Thanks from everyone waiting! Much appreciated. Where are you headed?


Not exactly sure - probably depositing at Northwestern but I'm also part of the NYU waiting crew :(


Good options! See you in the NYU thread :lol: :cry:




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aldrich, Bing [Bot], jetaew, mjteh, Yahoo [Bot] and 14 guests