Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
34iplaw

Gold

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Post by 34iplaw » Thu May 18, 2017 1:50 pm

Can someone slide me some deets on their informational interview?

As an aside, no movement for this splitter.

njdevils327

Bronze

Post by njdevils327 » Thu May 18, 2017 6:26 pm

If anyone could PM any additional details they want to share about the meeting or any questions that are absolute must asks in the question session, can you please DM me? I don't have super high hopes, but I still would love to leave a good impression.

haley12

Silver

Post by haley12 » Thu May 18, 2017 6:50 pm

Has anyone done an interview over the phone or skype? I'm going to have to as I'm far from Penn and I want to know what it's like. :)

Nightwing

Bronze

Post by Nightwing » Thu May 18, 2017 7:10 pm

These interviews... I didn't sign up, did I make a mistake? I thought they said non-evaluative... or is that code for something I stupidly thought meant nothing but actually does?

StopLawying

Silver

Post by StopLawying » Thu May 18, 2017 11:10 pm

Penn 2020 FB group has 233 members. Even with some current students included that seems like a lot considering last years class size was 242. I'm worried.
Last edited by StopLawying on Fri May 19, 2017 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

34iplaw

Gold

Post by 34iplaw » Thu May 18, 2017 11:31 pm

Nightwing wrote:These interviews... I didn't sign up, did I make a mistake? I thought they said non-evaluative... or is that code for something I stupidly thought meant nothing but actually does?
You can still sign up it looks like?

tartan2016

New

Post by tartan2016 » Fri May 19, 2017 1:26 am

Shangrilala wrote:
tartan2016 wrote:
Shangrilala wrote:When you submit LOCI, do they update anything on your status page?
Would it be too late to submit LOCI now?
I thought they are gonna start review waitlist in mid May so....
They sent me a confirmation email but didn't change my status page. Doubt it's too late. They started reviewing but I think they would still consider new additions as they come in
Thanks.
In the first email they said they would start reviewing on mid-May, but they actually started earlier right?
And the email to send LOCI is the contactadmission...right?
Anything we can do besides LOCI and campus visit? :(
Yeah they all said late may and they all started reviewing earlier (except Columbia and Stanford ofc). Yeah they provided the email address in the WL update email. Not sure about anything other than LOCI and campus visits. Definitely keep them informed about updates, and if you find yourself on the waitlist in June maybe retake LSAT, unless you're already above their median ( but that's a big time committment )

Nightwing

Bronze

Post by Nightwing » Fri May 19, 2017 3:00 am

34iplaw wrote:
Nightwing wrote:These interviews... I didn't sign up, did I make a mistake? I thought they said non-evaluative... or is that code for something I stupidly thought meant nothing but actually does?
You can still sign up it looks like?
I'll have to look into it then, thanks. Don't even know what to ask, but they've gotta know I'm interested.

tartan2016 wrote:
Yeah they all said late may and they all started reviewing earlier (except Columbia and Stanford ofc). Yeah they provided the email address in the WL update email. Not sure about anything other than LOCI and campus visits. Definitely keep them informed about updates, and if you find yourself on the waitlist in June maybe retake LSAT, unless you're already above their median ( but that's a big time committment )
Already above their 75th. (Please take me, Penn)

Shangrilala

New

Post by Shangrilala » Fri May 19, 2017 10:18 am

tartan2016 wrote:
Shangrilala wrote:
tartan2016 wrote:
Shangrilala wrote:When you submit LOCI, do they update anything on your status page?
They sent me a confirmation email but didn't change my status page. Doubt it's too late. They started reviewing but I think they would still consider new additions as they come in
Thanks.
In the first email they said they would start reviewing on mid-May, but they actually started earlier right?
Thanks. Would they let us know if we are not on the waitlist any longer?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Purple Post It Note

New

Post by Purple Post It Note » Fri May 19, 2017 10:20 am

haley12 wrote:Has anyone done an interview over the phone or skype? I'm going to have to as I'm far from Penn and I want to know what it's like. :)
I had no idea that was an option. Did you have to contact admissions to make that request?

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Fri May 19, 2017 10:41 am

Purple Post It Note wrote:
haley12 wrote:Has anyone done an interview over the phone or skype? I'm going to have to as I'm far from Penn and I want to know what it's like. :)
I had no idea that was an option. Did you have to contact admissions to make that request?
Yes, I believe it is an option worth pursuing too. You can just email them and ask to set up a phone call or skype interview.

tartan2016

New

Post by tartan2016 » Fri May 19, 2017 4:36 pm

Shangrilala wrote:
tartan2016 wrote:
Shangrilala wrote:
tartan2016 wrote:
Thanks.
If I recall correctly, I looked at last year's thread and they did let people know when they were rejected. Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Shangrilala

New

Post by Shangrilala » Fri May 19, 2017 9:57 pm

tartan2016 wrote:
Shangrilala wrote:
tartan2016 wrote:
Shangrilala wrote:
tartan2016 wrote:
Thanks.
If I recall correctly, I looked at last year's thread and they did let people know when they were rejected. Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
Thanks. So it's not like we can remain on the waitlist as long as we want to...I remember they said they will update the waitlist info later, maybe they will let us know then if we are rejected or still on the waitlist (or accepted)...
Is this the same for other schools btw? :(

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

tartan2016

New

Post by tartan2016 » Sat May 20, 2017 4:26 am

Shangrilala wrote:
tartan2016 wrote:
Shangrilala wrote:
tartan2016 wrote:
Shangrilala wrote:
tartan2016 wrote:
Thanks.
Thanks. So it's not like we can remain on the waitlist as long as we want to...I remember they said they will update the waitlist info later, maybe they will let us know then if we are rejected or still on the waitlist (or accepted)...
Is this the same for other schools btw? :(
Yeah I think so. Columbia Is sort of an exception because they wait till the very very end to reject most people. I also am not sure about Stanford but I'm pretty sure last year Harvard and Penn will start rejections next week if similar to last year

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Sat May 20, 2017 10:06 pm

Had the informational interview. It was very friendly and low key, just an occasion for you to ask them questions. They told me that from this point on, they will begin releasing people from the waitlist, so everyone remaining on it will have a realistic shot at getting in. So fingers crossed for updates on Monday or Tuesday - I would say. PM if you would want details of the interview.

jamesmangi

Bronze

Post by jamesmangi » Mon May 22, 2017 9:28 am

sup squad

Purple Post It Note

New

Post by Purple Post It Note » Mon May 22, 2017 11:44 am

jamesmangi wrote:sup squad
Any updates since your meeting?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

jamesmangi

Bronze

Post by jamesmangi » Mon May 22, 2017 11:55 am

Purple Post It Note wrote:
jamesmangi wrote:sup squad
Any updates since your meeting?
negative. all quiet on the western front ya feel

SybillAnnDorsett

Gold

Post by SybillAnnDorsett » Mon May 22, 2017 2:16 pm

for those of you who were offered a seat off of the wait list - can you tell us what your deadline was?

littlekidlover

New

Post by littlekidlover » Mon May 22, 2017 6:11 pm

Had waitlist interview, it was less one-sided and more friendly than my Michigan WL interview, but it's still really just a chance to ask questions.

SybillAnnDorsett

Gold

Post by SybillAnnDorsett » Mon May 22, 2017 7:01 pm

littlekidlover wrote:Had waitlist interview, it was less one-sided and more friendly than my Michigan WL interview, but it's still really just a chance to ask questions.
Did they tell you if there will ever be movement again or is it fine for me to just drink myself to sleep tonight?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

jamesmangi

Bronze

Post by jamesmangi » Tue May 23, 2017 10:22 am

sigh

matchesmalone17

New

Post by matchesmalone17 » Tue May 23, 2017 11:22 am

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:for those of you who were offered a seat off of the wait list - can you tell us what your deadline was?
I got a call telling me I was offered a spot on a Thursday, email the next day (Friday). My online commitment to enroll form was due the following Monday, and deposit due that Wednesday.

ad34964n

Bronze

Post by ad34964n » Tue May 23, 2017 11:49 am

Looks like this day last year was the first day waitlist rejection emails went out...

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Tue May 23, 2017 11:53 am

ad34964n wrote:Looks like this day last year was the first day waitlist rejection emails went out...
Oh god. fingers crossed. but it would also be nice just to have some closure.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”