Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
charles117

Bronze

Re: Penn Law c/o 2020 - WAITLIST

Post by charles117 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:25 pm

checking in hi guys

Pyrex

New

Post by Pyrex » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:35 pm

Checking in. What's the lowdown on this "request for non-interview meetings"? First I've heard of it from any school.

SybillAnnDorsett

Gold

Post by SybillAnnDorsett » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:39 pm

Pyrex wrote:Checking in. What's the lowdown on this "request for non-interview meetings"? First I've heard of it from any school.
We know as much as you do, and only that this year they changed the date upon which one can request these from May 1st to May 15th.
Not sure how serious they are about that but it is what it is.

Keilz

Gold

Post by Keilz » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:42 pm

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:
Pyrex wrote:Checking in. What's the lowdown on this "request for non-interview meetings"? First I've heard of it from any school.
We know as much as you do, and only that this year they changed the date upon which one can request these from May 1st to May 15th.
Wait was info on this sent in the initial email? Was I supposed to request one already?i can't check now

SybillAnnDorsett

Gold

Post by SybillAnnDorsett » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:42 pm

Keilz wrote:
SybillAnnDorsett wrote:
Wait was info on this sent in the initial email? Was I supposed to request one already?i can't check now
You can't request it until May 15th per their FAQ.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

StopLawying

Silver

Post by StopLawying » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:36 pm

Just got email thanking me for my continued interest and that they'll start evaluating waitlisted applicants next week. More info will be provided via email by May 5th.

Anyone else get this?

Keilz

Gold

Post by Keilz » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:38 pm

StopLawying wrote:Just got email thanking me for my continued interest and that they'll start evaluating waitlisted applicants next week. More info will be provided via email by May 5th.

Anyone else get this?
Me. Gahhh I don't have enough time to write my additional essay! :(

SybillAnnDorsett

Gold

Post by SybillAnnDorsett » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:39 pm

StopLawying wrote:Just got email thanking me for my continued interest and that they'll start evaluating waitlisted applicants next week. More info will be provided via email by May 5th.

Anyone else get this?
Read your post, checked my email, nothing. Almost broke down for the second time today.

Got the email now lol. I'm a baby, clearly.

haley12

Silver

Post by haley12 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:39 pm

Anyone else get this?
I didn't get it... I also haven't really expressed interest yet. Did you send a LOCI?

JK spoke too soon. Same @sybill

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Instrumental

Silver

Post by Instrumental » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:43 pm

Anyone else get this?
Just got it a few minutes ago.

StopLawying

Silver

Post by StopLawying » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:01 pm

Glad everyone got it, didn't mean to freak all of you out.

SybillAnnDorsett

Gold

Post by SybillAnnDorsett » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:02 pm

Guessing before they get started on Monday, they want to have as small a list as possible to re-review.

Keilz

Gold

Post by Keilz » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:16 pm

ugh, did you all send LOCIs? I have NOT had time. I wanted to do it first week of may. I never thought I would be rushing all this stuff when I applied such a long time ago :cry: :x

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

thatblondegirl

Bronze

Post by thatblondegirl » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:21 pm

Keilz wrote:ugh, did you all send LOCIs? I have NOT had time. I wanted to do it first week of may. I never thought I would be rushing all this stuff when I applied such a long time ago :cry: :x
I've been swamped so no; but it looks like I'll be writing one tonight.

Keilz

Gold

Post by Keilz » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:22 pm

thatblondegirl wrote:
Keilz wrote:ugh, did you all send LOCIs? I have NOT had time. I wanted to do it first week of may. I never thought I would be rushing all this stuff when I applied such a long time ago :cry: :x
I've been swamped so no; but it looks like I'll be writing one tonight.
ackkkk I had a lot of plans for that additional 2 page essay and was waiting for something else that just happened to include. so lost.

dietcoke1

Silver

Post by dietcoke1 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:39 pm

received the update WL email and withdrew. GL to you guys!

StopLawying

Silver

Post by StopLawying » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:10 pm

LOCI's shouldn't take too long to write, much easier than a "why X" in my opinion since at this point you know a lot about the school.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Keilz

Gold

Post by Keilz » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:12 pm

StopLawying wrote:
LOCI's shouldn't take too long to write, much easier than a "why X" in my opinion since at this point you know a lot about the school.
I was planning on writing the two page essay

StopLawying

Silver

Post by StopLawying » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:39 pm

Keilz wrote:
StopLawying wrote:
Isn't the two page essay a LOCI? Thought they were the same.

Hobbesy

Bronze

Post by Hobbesy » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:52 pm

Checking in!
I sent my LOCI as my response to their waitlist invitation (sent 4/23, confirmed 4/25) and also got that email today about info on reviewing my application no later than May 5th. No idea what it means but I assume only good things.

I was planning on taking my time to churn out that 2 page essay and get an extra rec in, now I only have a week and a half which kinda sucks. Much stress.

Good luck everyone!

The_Gavel

New

Post by The_Gavel » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:35 pm

StopLawying wrote:
Keilz wrote:
StopLawying wrote:
Ya I'm wondering about this as well. Are you all writing a two page essay on a topic unrelated to your interest in the law school?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ldlestrange

Bronze

Post by ldlestrange » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:51 pm

alexp wrote:
StopLawying wrote:
Keilz wrote:
StopLawying wrote:
Ya I'm wondering about this as well. Are you all writing a two page essay on a topic unrelated to your interest in the law school?
Think they're different. I sent in a LOCI as well as "an additional two page essay on a topic of [my] choice."*
*wording from the waitlist invite email

melmelcoolj

Bronze

Post by melmelcoolj » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:42 pm

What are you guys writing for the two page essay? I have submitted a Why Penn? and a LOCI right after I was waitlisted roughly a month ago. So I cannot use the additional essay for Why X. Should we write another personal statement sort of thing? Should we write about Penn (that would be weird, since I have written everything I could have written on that topic in my LOCI and Why Penn.) Should we write a diversity statement, which I have already written. I think my imagination is drained, and I don't know what I should write. Maybe I should just write page 50-52 of my autobiography - about a very unfortunate application cycle.

lauren22

New

Post by lauren22 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:46 pm

Just took myself off the WL! Good luck!

enoca

Bronze

Post by enoca » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:17 am

dietcoke1 wrote:received the update WL email and withdrew. GL to you guys!
Same here. Godspeed y'all.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”