UCLA Law Class of 2020 WAIT LIST Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How Long Will You Ride Out This WL?

As long as I can (#1 Choice)
46%
Until Early July (#1 Choice, But Can't Live With Constant Uncertainty)
21%
Not Long After 1st Deposit
4%
Not Long After 2nd Deposit
4%
I'm Already Over It
26%

Total votes: 57

theboysarebackintown

New

Re: UCLA Law Class of 2020 WAIT LIST

Post by theboysarebackintown » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:39 am

What would you guys do, assuming you don't ever get off the UCLA waitlist :(, half off at UCI or full at USC?

ray.bee

Bronze

Post by ray.bee » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:13 am

theboysarebackintown wrote:What would you guys do, assuming you don't ever get off the UCLA waitlist :(, half off at UCI or full at USC?
If you want to practice in LA, USC. UCI is a great school though and WAYYYY cheaper even at full than USC. I have spoken to a USC alum who took out over 200k in loans and says it was worth it because she has gotten way more opportunities than her friends at lower ranked schools. That being said, she may have been talking about WAYY lower ranked schools. UCI is high on the rankings, but look at which markets they are practicing in.

theboysarebackintown

New

Post by theboysarebackintown » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:20 am

ray.bee wrote:
theboysarebackintown wrote:What would you guys do, assuming you don't ever get off the UCLA waitlist :(, half off at UCI or full at USC?
If you want to practice in LA, USC. UCI is a great school though and WAYYYY cheaper even at full than USC. I have spoken to a USC alum who took out over 200k in loans and says it was worth it because she has gotten way more opportunities than her friends at lower ranked schools. That being said, she may have been talking about WAYY lower ranked schools. UCI is high on the rankings, but look at which markets they are practicing in.
USC full + COL all in loans is tough to swallow. From my understanding UCI places mostly into OC, some into LAC, and a few into the rest of CA/US. Born and raised in LA so its pretty much all I know. Have been out in OC a few times over the years and it doesn't seem like the worse place to end up. Thinking I might just have to go with UCI, if this whole UCLA wl never pans out

ray.bee

Bronze

Post by ray.bee » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:23 am

theboysarebackintown wrote:
ray.bee wrote:
USC full + COL all in loans is tough to swallow. From my understanding UCI places mostly into OC, some into LAC, and a few into the rest of CA/US. Born and raised in LA so its pretty much all I know. Have been out in OC a few times over the years and it doesn't seem like the worse place to end up. Thinking I might just have to go with UCI, if this whole UCLA wl never pans out
Yeah, USC is expensive for sure. As for UCI, I would imagine that OC is a great place to practice! Visit the schools for sure, but you can't go wrong there. It's a great school with a great Dean and good clerkship placement. CONGRATS!

theboysarebackintown

New

Post by theboysarebackintown » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:27 am

ray.bee wrote:
ray.bee wrote:
Yeah, USC is expensive for sure. As for UCI, I would imagine that OC is a great place to practice! Visit the schools for sure, but you can't go wrong there. It's a great school with a great Dean and good clerkship placement. CONGRATS!
Thanks! Definitely gonna make the trip down. Might be a little surreal to finally leave LA for a long duration of time (have gone from birth all the way through undergrad), but hey its only 50ish miles, right :D

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ray.bee

Bronze

Post by ray.bee » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:29 am

ray.bee wrote:
ray.bee wrote:
Thanks! Definitely gonna make the trip down. Might be a little surreal to finally leave LA for a long duration of time (have gone from birth all the way through undergrad), but hey its only 50ish miles, right :D
And way closer to Disneyland! :D haha

jessmeesh

Bronze

Post by jessmeesh » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:30 pm

Checking in :cry:

irongirl51

New

Post by irongirl51 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:22 pm

Checking in. :x

treetops_rising

New

Post by treetops_rising » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:09 am

Thought I escaped this recent waitlist wave, but alas.

Time stamped 8:33pm PST.

Nice to know someone's stayed late in the office to tell me.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?)

Bronze

Post by BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:00 am

dsberkeley wrote:Checking in :roll: Waitlisted as an ED applicant in early December
Hey, did you apply ED for one of the full tuition scholarship programs? Mind sharing your numbers here or PMing? Thanks

I applied for the distinguished scholar in late dec and WLed a couple of days ago. Median LSAT and Superior evaluation!

cyclawps

Bronze

Post by cyclawps » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:09 am

Checking in. Had a much better response from USC.

Pinkpanda24

Bronze

Post by Pinkpanda24 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:15 am

Checking in :( actually somewhat surprised I didn't get outright rejected though.

charles117

Bronze

Post by charles117 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:17 am

Pinkpanda24 wrote:Checking in :( actually somewhat surprised I didn't get outright rejected though.
when did you submit?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Pinkpanda24

Bronze

Post by Pinkpanda24 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:33 am

charles117 wrote:
Pinkpanda24 wrote:Checking in :( actually somewhat surprised I didn't get outright rejected though.
when did you submit?
In November, though I went complete after the December LSAT.

170orDie

New

Post by 170orDie » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:07 pm

#teamwaitlist :/

ABlaw

New

Post by ABlaw » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:07 pm

Does anyone else feel like their numbers were good enough to be admitted without being waitlisted at UCLA? My WL email was a surprise

haley12

Silver

Post by haley12 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:21 pm

ABlaw wrote:Does anyone else feel like their numbers were good enough to be admitted without being waitlisted at UCLA? My WL email was a surprise
+1

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

qtpie95

New

Post by qtpie95 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:33 pm

Checking in :(
Anyone know about how many students get off the waitlist?

jessmeesh

Bronze

Post by jessmeesh » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:43 pm

ABlaw wrote:Does anyone else feel like their numbers were good enough to be admitted without being waitlisted at UCLA? My WL email was a surprise

UCLA was an orange for me in terms of MyLSN colors. But given it's ranking compared to schools that are yellow and green for me, I was surprised.

lawlzschool

Bronze

Post by lawlzschool » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:51 pm

tbh yea like im exactly their medians which i realize isnt a guarantee but like. . .

has anyone sent a loci yet? i need to do mine but im some combination of too busy and too lazy atm

split_

New

Post by split_ » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:12 pm

haley12 wrote:
+1

Yep, WL at 3.2/175. Oh well

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Nightwing

Bronze

Post by Nightwing » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:19 pm

split_ wrote:
haley12 wrote:
+1

Looks like yield protecting to me. They might not have thought you were really all that interested in going or weren't willing to give you enough scholarship money to offset a T14 acceptance. A genuine LOCI might get you in.

Mr_Chukes

Silver

Post by Mr_Chukes » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:24 pm

Nightwing wrote:
split_ wrote:
haley12 wrote:
+1

Looks like yield protecting to me. They might not have thought you were really all that interested in going or weren't willing to give you enough scholarship money to offset a T14 acceptance. A genuine LOCI might get you in.
+1 that's a hell of an LSAT they probably think you're going to get into a higher ranked school with that LSAt.

BoyJord

Bronze

Post by BoyJord » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:38 pm

cyclawps wrote:Checking in. Had a much better response from USC.
+1

ray.bee

Bronze

Post by ray.bee » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:43 pm

UCLA is my #1 choice... I got a WL from ED but got into UVA and UT and Vandy.... WHY UCLA. WHY. :roll:

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”