UCLA Law Class of 2020 WAIT LIST Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

How Long Will You Ride Out This WL?

As long as I can (#1 Choice)
46%
Until Early July (#1 Choice, But Can't Live With Constant Uncertainty)
21%
Not Long After 1st Deposit
4%
Not Long After 2nd Deposit
4%
I'm Already Over It
26%

Total votes: 57

ray.bee

Bronze

UCLA Law Class of 2020 WAIT LIST

Post by ray.bee » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:49 pm

Hey, all! I thought I would add this since I have seen past years with a similar thread. If anyone sees movement, etc. post it here :)
Last edited by ray.bee on Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Re: UCLA Law Class of 2020 WAIT LIST

Post by Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:52 pm

Depressingly checking in :(

lawlzschool

Bronze

Post by lawlzschool » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:59 pm

hi

haley12

Silver

Post by haley12 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:13 pm

ray.bee

Bronze

Post by ray.bee » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:39 pm

How long are y'all expecting to wait this out? BOO waiting. LOL

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

haley12

Silver

Post by haley12 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:14 pm

ray.bee wrote:How long are y'all expecting to wait this out? BOO waiting. LOL
Depends how the rest of my cycle goes, I guess. On the Vandy waitlist as well.

dsberkeley

New

Post by dsberkeley » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:57 pm

Checking in :roll: Waitlisted as an ED applicant in early December

lawlzschool

Bronze

Post by lawlzschool » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:00 pm

depends on usc's scholly offer... a part of me thinks ucla might have waitlisted so many people because of the whole 'running out of money' situation last year

ray.bee

Bronze

Post by ray.bee » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:10 pm

lawlzschool wrote:
depends on usc's scholly offer... a part of me thinks ucla might have waitlisted so many people because of the whole 'running out of money' situation last year
I'm hoping to get into USC as well. What makes it tough is that USC students live pretty far from campus in order to live in safer areas, but commuting in LA is awful. Are you considering any OOS schools?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

LMD

New

Post by LMD » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:01 pm

ray.bee wrote:
lawlzschool wrote:
I'm hoping to get into USC as well. What makes it tough is that USC students live pretty far from campus in order to live in safer areas, but commuting in LA is awful. Are you considering any OOS schools?
This is completely untrue.

ray.bee

Bronze

Post by ray.bee » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:06 pm

LMD wrote:
ray.bee wrote:
lawlzschool wrote:
YAY! Really?? Is there good housing nearby? USC Law's housing website suggests Pasadena, Glendale, Culver City, Westwood (which is near UCLA) and ALL these places are SOOO far... It made me nervous. MEANWHILE, I need to get accepted first... LOL

BTW I am speaking as a UCLA undergrad and I know the area/traffic LOL #DownWithThe405

LMD

New

Post by LMD » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:19 pm

ray.bee wrote:
LMD wrote:
ray.bee wrote:
lawlzschool wrote:
YAY! Really?? Is there good housing nearby? USC Law's housing website suggests Pasadena, Glendale, Culver City, Westwood (which is near UCLA) and ALL these places are SOOO far... It made me nervous. MEANWHILE, I need to get accepted first... LOL

BTW I am speaking as a UCLA undergrad and I know the area/traffic LOL #DownWithThe405
USC is really close to downtown, which is booming. And most USC students, including graduate students, end up living near campus, which is definitely a mixed neighborhood with some town-gown issues, but a lot of them live there. If you're not comfortable there and have money USC is easily accessible from downtown via public transit or bike.

crookedsmile

Bronze

Post by crookedsmile » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:24 pm

Checking in as well. As an LA native, seeing all the UCLA Law alum license plates has begun to irk me.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ray.bee

Bronze

Post by ray.bee » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:28 pm

crookedsmile wrote:Checking in as well. As an LA native, seeing all the UCLA Law alum license plates has begun to irk me.
I feel! I am kinda happy I graduated from UCLA a little early because after the WL it would have made me so sad to walk past the law school every day... LOLOL

But hang in there, we shall be the source of annoyance with our UCLA Law alum license plates someday!

sorence

Bronze

Post by sorence » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:08 am

ray.bee wrote:
LMD wrote:
ray.bee wrote:
lawlzschool wrote:

LOL @ living in Pasadena/Glendale while going to USC/UCLA. That's a joke. My parents are down the 210 and have suggested me living with them and as much as free rents tempts me, that daily commute would kill me.

ray.bee

Bronze

Post by ray.bee » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:30 pm

sorence wrote:
ray.bee wrote:
LMD wrote:
ray.bee wrote:
lawlzschool wrote:

LOL @ living in Pasadena/Glendale while going to USC/UCLA. That's a joke. My parents are down the 210 and have suggested me living with them and as much as free rents tempts me, that daily commute would kill me.
Yeah, that wouldn't be worth it. Lol

bballdude47

New

Post by bballdude47 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:51 pm

Checking in :/

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

crookedsmile

Bronze

Post by crookedsmile » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:24 pm

bballdude47 wrote:Checking in :/
Welcome! Here's hoping your stay is short (either you get into a better school or get accepted off the WL asap)!

Motionsinlemons

New

Post by Motionsinlemons » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:29 pm

ray.bee wrote:
lawlzschool wrote:
As a former SC student, USC has some of the nicest housing for students I've ever seen. They have 24 hour security,shuttles if waking a few blocks isn't your thing, and they also are very very reasonabley priced.
I lived at the Lorenzo which is pretty much a resort and very safe and close to campus. Check it out! Gateway, icon and student housing in the new Trojan village are good options too.

USC also pays for your Uber from 7pm-2am so getting around campus is safe! Plus the area is not all that bad

lawlzschool

Bronze

Post by lawlzschool » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:38 pm

Motionsinlemons wrote:
ray.bee wrote:
lawlzschool wrote:
As a former SC student, USC has some of the nicest housing for students I've ever seen. They have 24 hour security,shuttles if waking a few blocks isn't your thing, and they also are very very reasonabley priced.
I lived at the Lorenzo which is pretty much a resort and very safe and close to campus. Check it out! Gateway, icon and student housing in the new Trojan village are good options too.

USC also pays for your Uber from 7pm-2am so getting around campus is safe! Plus the area is not all that bad
this is seriously awesome info thank you

MadamSecretary

New

Post by MadamSecretary » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:46 pm

Hi all..... Checking in..... :(

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ray.bee

Bronze

Post by ray.bee » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:47 pm

lawlzschool wrote:
Motionsinlemons wrote:
ray.bee wrote:
lawlzschool wrote:

this is seriously awesome info thank you
Yes, thank you so much!:D

haley12

Silver

Post by haley12 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:50 pm

Motionsinlemons wrote:
ray.bee wrote:
lawlzschool wrote:

They pay for your uber? Everywhere?? That's amazing. Even undergrad?

Motionsinlemons

New

Post by Motionsinlemons » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:45 am

haley12 wrote:
Motionsinlemons wrote:
ray.bee wrote:
lawlzschool wrote:

They pay for your uber? Everywhere?? That's amazing. Even undergrad?
Not everywhere, within a two mile radius and yes all USC students.

Mr_Chukes

Silver

Post by Mr_Chukes » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:23 am

Motionsinlemons wrote:
ray.bee wrote:
lawlzschool wrote:

I would stay there if they allowed cats. I'm looking at places for me and my cat lol.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”