The Waitlist Purgatory [NEW POLL!!]

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Any movement yet??

Accepted off the waitlist!!
8%
Nope. I sent in an LOCI and/or visited campus and hope I get in soon!
31%
Nope, but I'm so done with this law school applications stuff that I can't bring myself to write a LOCI.
10%
Nope, and at this point I don't even care because I'm already going somewhere that actually wants me.
16%
Nope, my safety school waitlisted me and I wish them the best of luck in their future endeavors.
8%
Nope, but I heard of someone else getting in off the waitlists this year so I guess there's still hope.
4%
I'm reapplying next year and hopefully these schools will realize the folly of their ways.
4%
I was never waitlisted and am just still here to continue to water my plants with the TTTears of the peasantry.
4%
Fuck. Everything. Still.
10%
Didn't even apply this year and thank goodness I didn't.
3%

Total votes: 379

BlackCanary

Re: The Waitlist Purgatory

Postby BlackCanary » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:16 am

Checking in here. Also have across the board waitlists. :cry:

Waiting on one more, but it was a reach so I'm fully expecting a ding there.

SunDevil14

Postby SunDevil14 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:30 pm

jessmeesh wrote:
Nightwing wrote:
jessmeesh wrote:Adding WUSTL and Vandy to the list which brings me to a total of 6 waitlists out of 14 applications. Was not expecting this.

You sound like me. Same number of apps, same number of waitlists, same kind of confusion. Are you a high LSAT splitter by chance?

I do have three acceptances luckily, but the cycle definitely didn't shake out like I anticipated. I'm a 167/3.4. So not an extreme splitter. My SN is the same on LSN if you're curious.

For what it is worth, I am an extreme splitter and got wait-listed at some of those schools. Best of luck.

Nightwing

Postby Nightwing » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:59 pm

adding Chicago to my list of waitlists

Up to: Cornell, Duke, Chicago, Michigan, Northwestern, Georgetown, UCLA, and Vanderbilt + a Berkeley rejection and no acceptances

In numbers, that's almost every single school I applied to from a broad range of #17 to #4 who apparently find me interesting, but not interesting enough. I kind of regret applying to Berkeley now. They're certain to ruin what would otherwise be a perfect lineup of waitlists and only waitlists.

Postby 88234 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:05 pm

Nightwing wrote:adding Chicago to my list of waitlists

Up to: Cornell, Duke, Chicago, Michigan, Northwestern, Georgetown, UCLA, and Vanderbilt + a Berkeley rejection and no acceptances

In numbers, that's almost every single school I applied to from a broad range of #17 to #4 who apparently find me interesting, but not interesting enough. I kind of regret applying to Berkeley now. They're certain to ruin what would otherwise be a perfect lineup of waitlists and only waitlists.

Apply early next cycle. You will kill it. Hope is not lost, in the long-term.

Nightwing

Postby Nightwing » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:31 pm

88234 wrote:

Apply early next cycle. You will kill it. Hope is not lost, in the long-term.

I have trouble believing that. This whole thing really feels like a confirmation of every neurotically self-depreciating fear I've ever had and it hurts. I applied right after the December LSAT scores released, is it so late that it seriously affects results to this degree? Other people who applied at the same time or later with similar or even worse stats are getting in (sometimes with scholarships). I can't even get a T20 to budge, but can't make Chicago hate me enough to reject me either apparently.

Besides, I have no plans for next year other than law school and the mere thought of explaining this to my family... jeez.

floatie

Postby floatie » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:34 pm

Nightwing wrote:I have trouble believing that. This whole thing really feels like a confirmation of every neurotically self-depreciating fear I've ever had and it hurts. I applied right after the December LSAT scores released, is it so late that it seriously affects results to this degree? Other people who applied at the same time or later with similar or even worse stats are getting in (sometimes with scholarships). I can't even get a T20 to budge, but can't make Chicago hate me enough to reject me either apparently.

Besides, I have no plans for next year other than law school and the thought of explaining this to my family... jeez.

Are you sure all of your LORs, personal statement, and resume were at least decent? Applying in early Jan isn't late by any means.

I'm hoping that with all of those waitlists, at least one will budge :(

Nightwing

Postby Nightwing » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:45 pm

floatie wrote:
Are you sure all of your LORs, personal statement, and resume were at least decent? Applying in early Jan isn't late by any means.

I can't read the LORs, so I guess I don't really know if there is something really alarming on one. Naturally I wouldn't pick recommendation writers who I felt didn't like me, but I don't know what they wrote. I and some other people thought my personal statement was fairly good, but maybe a reflection of who I am just isn't appealing to adcoms. The resume... no idea what could go wrong enough to stop acceptances on it. I'm nothing special, I guess, but I really thought my LSAT score would do some major heavy lifting.

Hi-So - ArshavinFan

Postby Hi-So - ArshavinFan » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:33 pm

Nightwing wrote:Cornell, Duke, Northwestern, Georgetown, UCLA, and now Vanderbilt. Those last three were supposed to be safeties. Still no acceptances. Rejection from Berkeley. This is unreal.

Are you a URM?

Hi-So - ArshavinFan

Postby Hi-So - ArshavinFan » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:38 pm

imtca wrote:
imtca wrote:Waitlisted at UCLA, Duke, Cornell, Penn, Northwestern, and UVA - :|

WL at USC as well - isn't it weird to get waitlisted at schools ranging from #7 - #19? like, why would schools with varying degrees of competitiveness give the same results?

Maybe because they have the same type of student already. Plus, Duke and Cornell, and NW already have small class sizes. Along with UVA not being that much bigger.

Keep praying and hustling. Worst you can do is reapply early next yr

Nightwing

Postby Nightwing » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:38 pm

Hi-So - ArshavinFan wrote: Are you a URM?

No.

haley12

Postby haley12 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:08 pm

I feel that, my waitlists range from USC (#19) to Columbia and Penn. With an acceptance in between (WashU). Seems to be no rhyme/reason to it.

floatie

Postby floatie » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:06 pm

Checking in yet again for Penn (no surprise) and Wash U (wtf)

KME89

Postby KME89 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:19 am

Checking in with a WL for my first choice and pretty much the only school I'm remotely excited to attend. :cry:

melmelcoolj

Postby melmelcoolj » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:00 am

I am waitlisted at almost every school I have applied to - or I have not heard back at all. I guess it is because I have applied so late, like in Feb.
Now PR after PT at Duke, and on reserve at Cornell. I have only gotten into WUSTL (with full scholarship) and UCLA (with half). I guess my applications are not that bad if WUSTL and UCLA did bite?

Mr_Chukes

Postby Mr_Chukes » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:42 am

Nightwing wrote:
floatie wrote:

I can't read the LORs, so I guess I don't really know if there is something really alarming on one. Naturally I wouldn't pick recommendation writers who I felt didn't like me, but I don't know what they wrote. I and some other people thought my personal statement was fairly good, but maybe a reflection of who I am just isn't appealing to adcoms. The resume... no idea what could go wrong enough to stop acceptances on it. I'm nothing special, I guess, but I really thought my LSAT score would do some major heavy lifting.

So sorry man. How many more schools do you have left?

shotgunheist

Postby shotgunheist » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:52 am

Can we get a new poll with how many waitlists you are on?

SybillAnnDorsett

Postby SybillAnnDorsett » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:05 am

Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:

^ ^ ^ new poll request, Thomas! ^ ^ ^

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:13 am

shotgunheist wrote:Can we get a new poll with how many waitlists you are on?

Done!

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:14 am

SybillAnnDorsett wrote:
Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:

^ ^ ^ new poll request, Thomas! ^ ^ ^

I gotchu!

Keilz

Re: The Waitlist Purgatory (New Poll!)

Postby Keilz » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:14 am

Hell yeah first vote

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:17 am

Did anyone else fill out forms to stay be on waitlists even though you've gotten into better schools, just because you're thinking "...I'm going to make you want me...and then break your heart."?

jessmeesh

Postby jessmeesh » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:24 am

Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:Did anyone else fill out forms to stay be on waitlists even though you've gotten into better schools, just because you're thinking "...I'm going to make you want me...and then break your heart."?

Something like that. Lol.

I mostly filled them out just to not miss any opportunities early on. Now that I know what my full choices are, I'm going to withdraw from 3 of my 6 waitlists.

floatie

Postby floatie » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:26 am

Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:Did anyone else fill out forms to stay be on waitlists even though you've gotten into better schools, just because you're thinking "...I'm going to make you want me...and then break your heart."?

:lol: I like your vindictive spirit, but at the same time, you're their backup plan

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:34 am

floatie wrote:

:lol: I like your vindictive spirit, but at the same time, you're their backup plan

hahaha true but they're also my backup plan :D Unfortunately for them, while their first-choice students may go elsewhere, my first choice schools will always be there!

I DARE them to accept me off the waitlist.

alpha kenny body

Postby alpha kenny body » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:48 am

That's not cool to do if you don't plan on attending those schools and someone else is waiting to take your spot. Sounds kinda petty lol.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”